IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

58 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Honestly with Jill I think people only exist if they are in her orbit.

Jill pretty much burned the Pearl bridges when she publicly admonished Shoshanna for not being honest about her divorce.

48 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Are the Pearls legally married? Mike owes his wife a second honeymoon because the first one was hell😡

They probably were legally married in 1971 since they were both bible-thumpers and "covenant marriages" were not yet a thing but I totally agree that Debi is owed a second honeymoon, ideally without Mike around. He was a monster on their first honeymoon and doesn't seem to have gotten better over the years.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Jill pretty much burned the Pearl bridges when she publicly admonished Shoshanna for not being honest about her divorce.

They probably were legally married in 1971 since they were both bible-thumpers and "covenant marriages" were not yet a thing but I totally agree that Debi is owed a second honeymoon, ideally without Mike around. He was a monster on their first honeymoon and doesn't seem to have gotten better over the years.

Although she and Debi are still in speaking terms on FB. But she and Shoshanna aren’t. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe Jill is in the downline of Shoshanna’s ex husband, not Shoshanna. Which doesn’t surprise me. I’m sure Jill always vilifies the woman in a divorce. 

I read things like this and I am not sure whether to laugh hysterically or collapse on a feinting couch. Some people do like to live complicated lives.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, pupper said:

The “we said vows to each other in the moonlight” sounds like fundiie code for “our parents caught us screwing around so we made up the vows thing to cover (literally) our asses.”

It did make the timing of the second wedding more interesting - oops now definitely covering all bases! I don't think the vows in moonlight was because they were caught at the time, possibly because someone who knew let something slip.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I find it interesting when homophobic Christian women describe their besties in language eerily similar to the ideal wife. 

Except she’s equal.

When, of course, she’s not.

• Upvote 9

This is somewhat of a contrast to her post from a few months ago, where it sounded like Lauren was/is an indentured servant:

Lauren-IndenturedServantorBFF.thumb.jpg.80b8c9a44850124ad4be4592b928ffaa.jpg

Whatever happened with Shoshanna & her ex-husband James, that household still gives off very strange vibes in so many ways. It will be interesting to see if the overall family dynamic changes when Shoshannaʻs older brother Nathan & his family return to TN from HI later this year & will take over the NGJ business. Judging from his FB pronouncements -- he has been a "pastor" at a bible-thumping church on Kauai -- he doesn't seem to have much grace or charity for divorced people or anyone who isnʻt a KJV-only fundie. Presumably, Nathan & family will be living close to Shoshanna & the senior Pearls.

• Upvote 2

Aren’t the Pearls very pro non working mothers? If she has her own store and has her own plexus downline, she probably works a lot. Sure she may be able to do stuff at home. But it would definitely take time away from her kids. Of course I have no issue with working moms in general. I just think it’s interesting how Shoshanna can work all these hours, get divorced, wear bikinis, and her parents act like she’s the best thing since sliced bread. 

I am not saying I think they should shun her or anything. But they can preach about what other mothers should do to be the godliest and best wife. But their daughter can do whatever the fuck she pleases and they say nothing. Like wouldn’t it change their mindsets on the topic? Or is it just extreme compartmentalization in action? 

• Upvote 6

Mike & Debi Pearl fully believe in "Do as we say, not as we do" and that goes for their kids and grandkids as well.

Iʻd like to know whatʻs become of Rebekah and her shiftless "husband," Gabriel Anast, and their kids, the oldest of whom is 20-21 now. They have pretty successfully taken themselves off line after the crazy years of their 7 X Sunday website.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Mike & Debi Pearl fully believe in "Do as we say, not as we do" and that goes for their kids and grandkids as well.

Iʻd like to know whatʻs become of Rebekah and her shiftless "husband," Gabriel Anast, and their kids, the oldest of whom is 20-21 now. They have pretty successfully taken themselves off line after the crazy years of their 7 X Sunday website.

Same! I’m all ears for an update. 

Rebekah’s dream blog was concerning with the apocalyptic stories focused on starvation and parents hurting their children. Her dreams were bizarre and frightening but more so the fact that she presented them as prophetic. 

The narcissism runs deep in this family.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

Rebekah’s dream blog was concerning with the apocalyptic stories focused on starvation and parents hurting their children. Her dreams were bizarre and frightening but more so the fact that she presented them as prophetic. 

Found this newer website. Now calling herself Rebekah Joy Rising, she apparently publishes books (fiction & poetry), writes screenplays, and composes music.

Hereʻs a synopsis of one of her books:

Bell of the Ancients
Science Fiction
The Ascent twins were drafted into a war in which humanity became it’s own worst enemy. When their home planet begins to burn from the misuse of advanced A. I. weaponry, the pilot-navigator team is sent to find a new home for Earth’s survivors.

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Found this newer website. Now calling herself Rebekah Joy Rising, she apparently publishes books (fiction & poetry), writes screenplays, and composes music.

Hereʻs a synopsis of one of her books:

As long as she’s making it clear this is fiction and not her predictions, I guess it’s ok. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As long as she’s making it clear this is fiction and not her predictions, I guess it’s ok. 

Oh I think she still believes and has simply gotten savvier as to how to market her writings.

• I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s starting to sound like Braggie. 

She is and it seems that sheʻs also good at revisionist history, like many other fundies.

Hereʻs a partial bio from when she announced her upcoming wedding to James in 2004. She would have been around 20-21:

JamesShoshannaEaslingin2004.thumb.jpg.940b0888c1875d280f947d0a6aadc9d4.jpg

• Upvote 3

Shoshanna posted this and then acted snotty because someone called her out and told her tribes didn’t have princesses. That’s just a colonizer myth. Sort of a stereotype. I bet the Pearls hold a lot of stereotypes about native Americans and Jewish people. 

B0C20B92-C500-49EC-8991-994AAB4818D9.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

Debi & her daughters have bragged for years about the "Cherokee Princess" ancestor of Debi's. 

And her "dad has a lot of Jew." 🙄

These people get worse all the time.

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

29 minutes ago, 16strong said:

Ok, Sho's engagement announcement reeks of "I haven't figured out I'm wlw."

What's wlw stand for?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

What's wlw stand for?

Probably “woman loving woman.” Aka lesbian. But I personally don’t see it. I just see a humble brag of “I’m not like other girls.” 

• Upvote 1

A timely & interesting WaPo article on the surprising increase of (self-reported) Native Americans in the 2020 US Census:

Still, the Census Bureau didn’t create this population of surprise Native Americans. It just revealed it with a change in methodology. And it raises another big question: Why are there so many Cherokees, out of all the possible American Indian identities?

The unsatisfying answer would be that a surprising number of White and Black Americans suffer from what has been uncharitably called “Cherokee Grandmother Syndrome,” the century-old proto-meme that a dimly recalled ancestor contributed “Cherokee blood.” [Emphasis added]

• Thank You 2

I’ve literally never in my life claimed to be part Native American. And neither has any of my parents, grandparents, or great grandparents. But I also have extreme privilege in this area. Because of my whiteness I can trace my ancestry pretty easily. Many non white folks don’t have that privilege. And I find it extra annoying when white people, who enjoy that privilege of knowing their ancestry, also claim Native American ancestry too. For the funsies. It just grosses me out. 

• I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve literally never in my life claimed to be part Native American. And neither has any of my parents, grandparents, or great grandparents

Same, and I agree that knowing about one's ancestors is often a function of white privilege through time. This is NOT to say that white ancestries are always pure as the driven snow -- anyone who does genealogy knows there are going to be, uh, surprises in the family tree. Nontheless, especially for the past 200-300 years, there are more records for whites which make tracing ancestry easier than it would be for descendants of non-white individuals. 

An older Slate article linked in the WaPo piece provides some good background on why people who otherwise have no evidence of non-white or Native American ancestry may claim to have Cherokee forebears.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Same, and I agree that knowing about one's ancestors is often a function of white privilege through time. This is NOT to say that white ancestries are always pure as the driven snow -- anyone who does genealogy knows there are going to be, uh, surprises in the family tree. Nontheless, especially for the past 200-300 years, there are more records for whites which make tracing ancestry easier than it would be for descendants of non-white individuals. 

An older Slate article linked in the WaPo piece provides some good background on why people who otherwise have no evidence of non-white or Native American ancestry may claim to have Cherokee forebears.

I genuinely wouldn’t mind a surprise in my ancestry. Because I’ve already been disappointed in some of my very easy findings. I descend from a judge at the witch trials that put people to death. I personally know I would have been a great candidate for a witch hunt. I have a very large birth mark for starters. Plus I’ve always been a rather outspoken woman who likes to keep to herself much of the time. I have witch written all over me. 

• Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic