IGNORED

Baby Bonanza: Upcoming Babies 11

Bethella

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ophelia said:

This fast even by her standards, isn't it? I wonder if and when her fertility will ever decline.

That’s what’s crazy. Most fundies that have a fast start end up slowing down after awhile. She hasn’t. So she could be the next Kelly Bates or Michelle Duggar. 

10 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but imagine if she was married at 18 or 19 like a lot of the fundie maidens we talk about here.

Exactly she easily could have 12 plus kids by now. 

Courtney will probably have 15-17. I doubt she'll make it to 19 but you never know, with a couple twins thrown in there it's possible. 

5 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

if I was quiverfull I’d probably only end up with 4 or 5 if I started at 25 like her. What do you guys think you’d end up with? 

Terrifying thought! Probably 12 or 14. I had both of my kids on the very first try. My periods came back 2-3 months after giving birth. Similarly, my mom had 4 under 4 until she started using NFP. I'm so, so grateful for my IUD lol. 

I'd have a bunch. I got pregnant on the first month of trying for both my boys, at ages 27 and 31. Thank god for BC pills and condoms.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Exactly she easily could have 12 plus kids by now. 

If she'd gotten married at 18, I imagine she would have 16+ kids right now even without the ever-possible additional set of twins. And she would EASILY have beaten Michelle and Kelly by the time her fertile years are over. As it stands, unless her fertility starts to decline at some point (which doesn't appear to be the case so far, and she's, what, 36? 37?), I think she will top out somewhere around 16 or 17.

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

If she'd gotten married at 18, I imagine she would have 16+ kids right now even without the ever-possible additional set of twins. And she would EASILY have beaten Michelle and Kelly by the time her fertile years are over. As it stands, unless her fertility starts to decline at some point (which doesn't appear to be the case so far, and she's, what, 36? 37?), I think she will top out somewhere around 16 or 17.

She’s only 34. My current prediction (which is nowhere near as sophisticated as Duggar Data) is that she’ll have 18, assuming no twins or fertility ending complications.

10 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Ugh my youngest is the same age as her second youngest. And she also has a 3 month old and is pregnant. 

I can’t believe how fertile she is. I still haven’t got my period back! I did just stop breastfeeding 2 weeks ago though.

if I was quiverfull I’d probably only end up with 4 or 5 if I started at 25 like her. What do you guys think you’d end up with? 

I have often said that if I was a fundie I would have had 35 children by now. Ha ha. My periods are incredibly regular, even now at 46 years old. My periods returned after each baby at 6 weeks even with breastfeeding, and I had no trouble getting pregnant with the kids I have. My GG grandmother gave birth to my GGrandfather when she was 49. I have no doubt this situation would have been my life if I was born into different circumstances. I probably would have 15-20 children.

I’m not very fertile so I probably would’ve had like 5 or 6 kids tops as a fundie. I’m glad I’m not fundie because my 2 kids are plenty.

Another glad I’m not fundie here. My husband and I could choose any month, pick the right day and guarantee all three of our pregnancies. Unfortunately, that last one was a doozie with the abruption and all... if I were fundie I guess I’d keep trying and die in childbirth... 

whoever this lady is though needs to slow the roll. These back to back pregnancies really take a toll on your body... can the babies even get all the nutrients and stuff they need from mama’s body so worn down??

indont understand how they can think god wants this for them and their health, etc :(

12 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Another glad I’m not fundie here. My husband and I could choose any month, pick the right day and guarantee all three of our pregnancies. Unfortunately, that last one was a doozie with the abruption and all... if I were fundie I guess I’d keep trying and die in childbirth... 

whoever this lady is though needs to slow the roll. These back to back pregnancies really take a toll on your body... can the babies even get all the nutrients and stuff they need from mama’s body so worn down??

indont understand how they can think god wants this for them and their health, etc :(

I read that it’s recommended to wait 18 months before you get pregnant again. That’s for optimal health due to nutrients building back up in your body. However I really hope she focuses on her health and takes care of herself since She’s had so many back to back pregnancies. 

jI just looked over at her initial blog posts again. One baby, homemade baby food, recipes. That was LESS than ten years ago. Good grief.

I wonder if she’ll turn into something like Zsu. Burnout wise. 

She’s competent and into this mothering gig. At the moment. Has a load of boys. Eldest girl is headed into sister mom territory. And the second will catch up. A few more kids and mama is going to need them.

I don’t see quite as much hatred and seething hostility. 

Why don’t they stop while they are happy?

It's also crazy to me because she loses the baby weight after each one. So she is constantly pregnant, delivering, losing weight. For 10 years now. That cannot be good for her body, or the later babies that get a more and more depleted mom. Does anyone know how many siblings she had or how old her mom was at last birth?

I did some math for Courtney on this pregnancy reveal...if she's as early in the pregnancy now as when she announced the pregnancy with Caydie (her earliest announcement), Caydie and new baby will still be Irish twins and baby will come in early June. And that's probably the latest that baby could be born. Courtney announced Caydie 256 days before birth and she came on her due date, so...at what, less than 4 weeks? Jeez.

2 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

It's also crazy to me because she loses the baby weight after each one. So she is constantly pregnant, delivering, losing weight. For 10 years now. That cannot be good for her body, or the later babies that get a more and more depleted mom. Does anyone know how many siblings she had or how old her mom was at last birth?

She has 5 siblings: https://www.instagram.com/p/xDbt9ZPo15/?taken-by=littlehouseinthehighdesert

Her dad is 61 but I can't find anything about her mom or her siblings' ages.

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The uber fecund Courtney (Sweet tea and buttermilk) has posted what I believe to be a pregnancy announcement. She has a story up on instagram that consists of 10 heart emojis in two rows. Her current non-utero kid count is 9, so it isn't a reference to overall family size. Her most recent baby (Chloe?) was born in early June. 

In all fairness, it's likely that she is pregnant again, even if this isn't intended to be an announcement, but I can't think of any other way to interpret the heart post.

I have been expecting her to announce.  I don't know why, but I got the feeling after looking at her insta that she might be pregnant again.

I'm having problems posting, I did not mean to hit the Quote button again.  Anyway.  Even if we were fundy (our brief foray into fundamentalism was after I'd had my tubes tied since we knew it probably would not happen again for us and I did not want to have it suddenly happen at 45 or so!) I don't think we would have had any more than the one we did manage to conceive. We always said we'd like two but barely managed to have one.

I do think Courtney is a good mother.  She has lots of children, but she does seem to take good care of them and loves them.  But I do think she has her hands full with that many children and with homeschooling them.

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The uber fecund Courtney (Sweet tea and buttermilk) has posted what I believe to be a pregnancy announcement. She has a story up on instagram that consists of 10 heart emojis in two rows. Her current non-utero kid count is 9, so it isn't a reference to overall family size. Her most recent baby (Chloe?) was born in early June. 

In all fairness, it's likely that she is pregnant again, even if this isn't intended to be an announcement, but I can't think of any other way to interpret the heart post.

I have been expecting her to announce.  I don't know why, but I got the feeling after looking at her insta that she might be pregnant again.

I don't think Courtney will be the next Zsu. For one, her husband helps around the house, something Zsu does not have. For another, she seems to be teaching her boys to cook and take care of themselves, which is good. She also has a lot of land so the kids can go outside and not be cooped up inside (Though her home does seem to be bigger than Zsu's). Most importantly, Courtney does not have the hateful, superior attitude of Zsu, which is a large source of Zsu's misery.

Courtney is, I think, just one of those women built for this lifestyle. She'd choose it even if she weren't fundie.

11 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Courtney is, I think, just one of those women built for this lifestyle. She'd choose it even if she weren't fundie.

She really seems to be, she always post birthdays that are individual and seem to be interest based, in which they get toys, she shows off homeschooling materials, she even showed them all making tie dye shirts. Who knows what it's really like, but she seems to have her stuff together. 

Still that is an insanely fast turnaround. She is not slowing down at all. How many will be in diapers? 5? Yikes. 

Hopefully she won't continue to give such similar baby names, poor cade/caydie

When I saw those hearts in the instastory I thought she must be trolling us. Surely she can't be pregnant again. The 10th heart must be for her husband. And then someone pointed out the pregnant emoji....?

Yup, that's an announcement all right. Plus the pregnancy emoji after 9 kid emojis? Courtney's up the duff again.

Her older boys are already sister-momming it a bit (brother-momming? sibling parenting, in any case.) Look at any insta of them out and about, and you'll see that the eldest two/three boys are usually holding the hand of a twin or carrying a younger sibling. She doesn't seem to have buddy team assignments, but the older boys are definitely given some supervising responsibility.

@anjulibai You’re right. She’s much more positive. But, her body can only go so far.  Erika Shupe ended up sending hers on to public school and we think that was because of her health.  I hope she doesn’t go till she falls apart completely in some way. Mentally or physically. That was kind of what I was thinking. More about how Zsu started with those good ideas we think she might have kept up. 

Who knowS?  Some moms are so much better at this. It’s true. I’m watching the original 16 and Pregnant. Farrah. ? 

That brought to mind the octomom.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/octomom-kids-school-165284

Those kids are big!

22 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Yup, that's an announcement all right. Plus the pregnancy emoji after 9 kid emojis?

She posted a picture of quinoa that she's eating and asked for suggestions on what else to eat to get more protein, so I do think she is pregnant again.  She is probably well aware that we have checked her insta, remember that she said she thought she was being trolled or words to that effect, concerning the name of her last baby.  She has cute kids!

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived