IGNORED

Baby Bonanza: Upcoming Babies 11

Bethella

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

?

Welcome baby Destiny! Davia and Phillip seem so excited, Paul a little less so. "Is she wearing clothes?" That killed me, lol. Being a little older, he was probably feeling stressed out about the whole thing. It seems like they were corralled in a back room with Agape for the duration of the labor. I

This makes some sense... Paul has been through this twice and he knows that with each new sibling time with Mama goes away a bit and there's more chaos. Davia is probably excited for her little sister so she's not the only girl, and Philip hasn't been through a baby before. I can imagine some of the families, as new pregnancies are announced a new babies are born, the older children are keeping sweet on the outside but cringing on the inside.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruth Wissmann Bourlier had her 2nd Son, Jerit Daniel. She didn’t specify the date but it was definitely in the past few days.

i had never heard the name Jerit before. It honestly sound like some one heard the name Jared but didn’t know how to spell it so they gave it their best shot 

I've seen many variations of Jared, including Jaret, Jered, and Jarrod.

I like it because it reminds me of David Bowie’s character in Labyrinth. Let’s hope he grows up to be even half as cool as the Goblin King. ;)

I’m genuinely surprised Jerit is almost 10lbs. If you saw how small Ruth was carrying you would be surprised too. Her entire bump must’ve been baby! 

He was born on the 3rd. I admit it’s sweet he was named after his grandpa Jerry. 

7FFD62FA-B9E9-4644-B30C-12557B415B7C.jpeg

I hate it when people make up meanings for names or use some unreliable source to justify why they used the name. Gerald, just as it is, has usage in Germany and Austria. It was originally a German name as it is and has been used fairly internationally across many languages found in Europe, the UK, and Ireland. 'Ger' means spear in German and 'wald' means rule (so "ruler of the spear" is the most intuitive meaning for Gerald. Variants by language would also hold that meaning as far as etymology goes. 

However, if they are trying for it to be a form of Jeremiah, and Jerit is not the Germanic version of Jeremiah to my knowledge, that would be Jeremias, then you'd be getting to the meaning of 'Yahweh will exalt' coming from the Hebrew Yirmiyahu. I'm not even bothered by someone using a derivative of Yirmiyahu or Jeremiah to honor someone named Gerald "Jerry" but it really annoys me when people try and give some sort of history or meaning to a name that they chose. I think Jerit is a fine sounding name and I even think it does a clear job of honoring his great-grandfather Jerry due to the clear similarities between the the two names at face value. But this etymology and name nerd gets so aggravated by people conflating that with linguistic meaning and history.

I'm happy for someone to offer alternative knowledge about Jerit though because I'd love to learn it if it's available and I'm incorrect.

That being said- that is one absolutely adorable newborn! He's gorgeous! I hope Ruth is recovering well and I do warmly wish Jerit a welcome to the world.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like it because it reminds me of David Bowie’s character in Labyrinth. Let’s hope he grows up to be even half as cool as the Goblin King. ;)

I'm not honestly sure that anyone could ever even approach being that cool!  Jareth was my first thought, too.

He's a cute baby.

According to her FB, Sharia (Buckingham) Hale is 18 weeks with #10 and finding out the sex next week. I was wondering when she was going to be expecting again.

38 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

While probably not where Jarit came from, Jaret Wright was a pitcher for the Cleveland Indians in the 90's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaret_Wright

Jarrett, which is derived from Garrett and then that is derived from Gerald is a surname that has a history of use as a first name.

Spellings do mean something though, and she's going with the meaning behind Jeremiah but with a spelling variant of Jarrett. Jarrett, and therefore Jerit in that case, could be argued to have the etymological meaning as Gerald, "ruler of spears" or even "ruler with spear". But it is just a pet peeve of mine when people (and also random name sites that make up meanings for any name not based in fact) start claiming all these mixed up untrue things. I have no doubt that she and/or her husband found some commercial website that sold them this whole meaning and 'German variant' business and that they think its true but it makes me kind of sad when someone gives a name to a child based on false information.

Again, I actually don't mind the name Jerit from an objective point of view. It's no Spurgeon. Jerit will likely not have any issues with his name through life, it will likely be at least received by others with very little attention in a positive or negative direction, and it sounds very similar to a number of established names. To me, that makes it a fine name by objective measures. It just rubs me the wrong way when people bend facts when the actual fact is that they simply liked the name Jerit (and that's a good reason to name your kid that) and it has the same first syllable as 'Jerry' (another fine reason),

This isn't actual strong emotion driving this post, just a pet peeve that I've learned to accept that I'll encounter a lot :) 

12 hours ago, albireo said:

According to her FB, Sharia (Buckingham) Hale is 18 weeks with #10 and finding out the sex next week. I was wondering when she was going to be expecting again.

I was too. Her spacing seems fairly regular so I figured she would announce soon. 

3 hours ago, cpb556 said:

Is there a way to request to follow her if her IG page is private ?

It's not private. I don't follow her and I can see her posts.

I can't see her profile anymore. When I click on the link it's said that the page is gone. Did she maybe change her username?

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I can't see her profile anymore. When I click on the link it's said that the page is gone. Did she maybe change her username?

Nope. Did she block you?

5684989A-1D60-4859-85AC-1A126E576C6B.png

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Maybe the link is bad? 

18 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Nope. Did she block you?

5684989A-1D60-4859-85AC-1A126E576C6B.png

I never followed her, neither commented on one of her posts. I was just lurking from time to time.

Esther and Phillip LeClerc are expecting their second in the spring.  Their son just turned five so quite a gap with their children.

Sharia Hale posted a gender reveal on Instagram of her husband shooting a balloon filled with confetti. It looked blue but I’m not positive! Lol

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sharia Hale posted a gender reveal on Instagram of her husband shooting a balloon filled with confetti. It looked blue but I’m not positive! Lol

Based on the comments, yes it’s a boy.

Amber Schadt (Diaz-Perez) had a boy, Seth Elliot Tosi in the past few days.

her sister posted it on her ig.

Seth Schadt is a tongue twister (at least for someone with English as a second language like me!)

I have such a love/hate thing for Bonnie. Sometimes she seems sensible, even kinda cool. Then she turns around and acts like she's the only person in history who ever had it tough, and demonstrates such a lack of compassion for other people's struggles. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived