IGNORED

Baby Bonanza: Upcoming Babies 11

Bethella

26 minutes ago, ophelia said:

How many kids does her sister Monica have by now? I can't keep up with her fertility.

Monica has six

1. Iona Wisdom b. January 2011
  2. William Endurance b. April 2012
  3. Samantha Verity b. August 2013
  4. Miles Livingston b. October 2014
  5. Katherine Lee b. April 2016
  6. Sylvia Carol b. September 2017

based on her current spacing, I’d expect number 7 in the next 3 months or so but I don’t know if she has announced 

Corissa has one

1. Natalie Brooke b. January 2018

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ophelia said:

How many kids does her sister Monica have by now? I can't keep up with her fertility.

Monica & David Brown have at least 6 kids:

I might be mixing people up but was Monica the one who married a 17 year old? The man in the picture looks far older than 20's - he looks  40 something (but maybe all those children in rapid succession would age anyone??)

David Brown has  only aged about 10 years since their marriage, despite the 6 (or more?) kids.  It's just that he looked like a thirty something middle manager by the time he was in his late teens.  It stands to reason that he looks 40ish now.

Monica has aged more dramatically,  but back to back pregnancies will do that.

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

I might be mixing people up but was Monica the one who married a 17 year old?

That was David's older sister, Blair, who married Taylor Tsantles when he was 17 and she was maybe 21 or 22. They also have 5-6 kids.

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

I might be mixing people up but was Monica the one who married a 17 year old? The man in the picture looks far older than 20's - he looks  40 something (but maybe all those children in rapid succession would age anyone??)

As @hoipolloi noted, that was Blair but David was only 18 when they got married. He’ll be 27 next month.

I found an interesting article on CBC news today. Apparently a new study has found that there is an increased risk for severe complications to mother and baby if pregnancies are spaced < 1 year apart. Doubt fundies will care but a useful study for doctors who are counselling women on how long to wait between pregnancies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/space-out-pregnancies-by-at-least-a-year-study-1.4884979

mods: I thought this this article did not merit a new post and this sub seemed like the best fit but let me know if I'm mistaken. Thanks

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

I found an interesting article on CBC news today. Apparently a new study has found that there is an increased risk for severe complications to mother and baby if pregnancies are spaced < 1 year apart. Doubt fundies will care but a useful study for doctors who are counselling women on how long to wait between pregnancies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/space-out-pregnancies-by-at-least-a-year-study-1.4884979

mods: I thought this this article did not merit a new post and this sub seemed like the best fit but let me know if I'm mistaken. Thanks

I’ve read 18 months before you conceive again is best and that’s exactly when Jill Duggar conceived after her c section. It’s always made me think her third might be conceived around 18 months as well. 

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve read 18 months before you conceive again is best and that’s exactly when Jill Duggar conceived after her c section. It’s always made me think her third might be conceived around 18 months as well. 

Same. I'm expecting Baby Dilly #3 around this time next year.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Same. I'm expecting Baby Dilly #3 around this time next year.

Yeah, a December conception , an announcement in February, and a c section in September. 

19 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Why did Jill require a C/S both times?

According to the Dillards, Israel flipped to transverse during the (70 hour) labor, he was having heart decelerations and there was meconium staining. Many of us suspect he was transverse all along and the "midwife" was incompetent and couldn't tell.

They did not specifically say why Samuel was a c/s. "After 40 hours of labor, he was delivered via C-section at the hospital." They also did not mention his NICU stay until well after the birth.

Thanks! Is it possible she can ever deliver NVD after 2 C/S? I know most OB wouldn’t like that but doesn’t mean she can’t?

28 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Thanks! Is it possible she can ever deliver NVD after 2 C/S? I know most OB wouldn’t like that but doesn’t mean she can’t?

It's really hard to say. From what I know most doctors do not like VBACs after multiple c/s but there are those that will still do it. IIRC Michelle's doctor, Amy Sarver, allowed her to have VBAVCs through Jennie's delivery. A VBAC was planned for Jordyn but she was transverse and needed a c/s. I don't remember if Michelle saw Dr. Sarver with Josie's pregnancy or not (before things went bad). 

That being said, just because Jill might find a doctor that will allow her to try a VBAC doesn't mean she can actually have one. Michelle had already given birth vaginally before her first c/s. Jill has an "unproven vaginal canal". The last time we talked about it things got rather heated but basically we don't know if Jill is capable of delivering vaginally because she's never succeeded in doing so. They've said the first one was because Israel was transverse but there may be some other issue that is preventing Jill from delivering normally. 

Successful VBACs do happen. Alyssa (Campana) Morton had a c/s for her first Norah (28 December 2016) and barely a year later (31 December 2017) had her second, Victoria, via VBAC. We think she's due with her third less than a year later (8 December 2018). But there are also women who can never deliver vaginally and continuing to try is risky.

4 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Thanks! Unproven birth canal- I love it ?

I think the actual term is proven pelvis but I don't pretend to be a degreed medical professional.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived