IGNORED

Border Patrol Disasters

candygirl200413

Sorry for flooding the thread but I'm spending my vacay being mad about these kids.

I'm glad the court considered the canine's welfare because dogs can get really shook up when they're separated from their family.

Also the government argument is that we already stole these kids so we shouldn't have to give them back.

• WTF 12

How doesn't this count as a genocide according to the UN Genocide convention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention

..any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 2[4]

• Sad 1
  • WTF 6

The fact that this is happening right here and now, and no one from the self-styled "family values" party is up in arms about this says enough about what they really stand for.

• WTF 9

At first they came for illegal immigrants and I didn't speak up. Then they came for the citizens and I couldn't speak up because I was in detention.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

This cartoon villain administration is paying  for the kidnapping costs with funds stolen from AIDS patients 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 9

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This cartoon villain administration is paying  for the kidnapping costs with funds stolen from AIDS patients 

Every time I think this cannot get worse they dig further. 

• I Agree 6

Well this just irritates me beyond belief. Looks like Snopes is still trying to confirm, but the ties are there.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/06/26/bethany-christian-services-family-separation-betsy-devos/

This part from Snopes really, really concerns me:  "Speaking to Grand Rapids, Michigan ABC affiliate WZZM, Abbott expressed doubt about the prospect of reuniting all 81 children with their families, citing the chaos caused by the zero tolerance policy. "

Really, you are an agency therefore you should have records. Wtf. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Well this just irritates me beyond belief. Looks like Snopes is still trying to confirm, but the ties are there.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/06/26/bethany-christian-services-family-separation-betsy-devos/

This part from Snopes really, really concerns me:  "Speaking to Grand Rapids, Michigan ABC affiliate WZZM, Abbott expressed doubt about the prospect of reuniting all 81 children with their families, citing the chaos caused by the zero tolerance policy. "

Really, you are an agency therefore you should have records. Wtf. 

The records come from HHS.  And I trust them like I trust a skunk to not spray.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Because of course they can't

This is why I hesitate to blame Bethany Refugee Services (or anyone who fosters refugees):  ICE HHS are their sources for information about the kids in their care.  I suspect records are dubious at best and deceitful AF at worst (Sessions the Keebler Elf is not an advocate for POC and that trickles down the ranks).  :(

• Upvote 3

I wanted to go 'yay!' at this news, until I remembered that now the American taxpayer will have to carry the costs. How I wish it were possible to have the presidunce and his cowardly ass-kissing Repugliklans foot the bill personally instead.

So, this is a mini-yay, because the actual victims of this atrocity will not have to cover the cost.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic