IGNORED

Border Patrol Disasters

candygirl200413

Crux paragraph from The Hill article linked in the tweet above: 

However, the foster family that Alexa was placed into by Bethany Christian Services, allegedly ignored repeated requests from a variety of institutions, including from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), to return her to Araceli.

Edited by Howl
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention

The United Nations:

Article 2 of the Convention defines genocide as

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 2[4]

• WTF 9

• 1 month later...

This is so disgusting, it makes me want to puke. It’s a sharpie now, but before you know it, it’ll be a tattoo.

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 7
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2

On 10/13/2018 at 12:28 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Since when have 5 year olds been able to sign legally binding contracts?? This is obscene.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Removed blank space
  • I Agree 6

On 11/30/2018 at 11:25 PM, fraurosena said:

This is so disgusting, it makes me want to puke. It’s a sharpie now, but before you know it, it’ll be a tattoo.

I hope this picture isn't for real, because it reminds of of something that happened before.  Something about people living in camps, separated from their children, having numbers tattooed on their wrists...

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Serves her right huh 

Revolting man 

Way to be pro-life Jason?

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I was going to give an angry reaction because this fills me with rage, but I didn't want to give a response that would subtract from @AmazonGrace's reputation. But WHAT THE FUCKING HELL.   

• I Agree 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

How remarkable, that once this tragic story hit the news and outraged backlash was reverberating all over social media, all of a sudden a waiver was possible.

Common decency and empathy for the plight of a fellow human being had no part in this show of magnanimous leniency. This administration is soulless and evil. Period.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

What happens with the detention camps in the shutdown? I know Border Patrol keeps going on an unpaid basis, but do the camps? 

ICE detention, and enforcement operations continue but the immigration courts (mostly) shut down.

I'm worried about what will happen to the kids at the end of the year. According to Rep. Will Hurd (R), the contract for the Tornillo Detention Center (the largest of the camps) runs out on the 31st. It hasn't been renewed yet and they don't have any plans for where to move the kids if the center closes. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone know if anything is happening for the children this Christmas? I'm googling if organizations are doing anything (I'm donating regardless) but I was thinking especially for Christmas if anything was going on/anyone stumble on anything. 

• Upvote 4

JFC, this was happening 15 hours ago at the El Paso bus station: 

No food, no money. It's COLD in El Paso right now, in the 40s last night.  Citizens and shelters are stepping forward with food and assistance in helping the immigrants make phone calls to relatives. 

• WTF 9

For those posting about the Tornillo camp, the CEO of Southwest Key, the owner/operator of these camps, lives in Austin, TX, so the local paper is carefully following a variety of issues with Southwest Key.  This is what Southwest Key says it does: 

Southwest Key Programs is a Texas-based nonprofit organization that operates shelters and detention facilities for unaccompanied immigrant minors and immigrant youth separated from their parents. It also provides youth justice alternative programming and educational programming.

Southwest Key has finally  agreed to an external audit.  The CEO made a $1.5 million salary in 2016, the most recent tax returns available.  This was way before the $$$ came pouring in for detaining refugees. 

Southwest Key is spinning off companies that then get grants and contracts to do work for Southwest Key, so it's looking like self dealing of sorts.  With so much money floating around, there's ample room for skimming and corruption. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic