IGNORED

Border Patrol Disasters

candygirl200413

33 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

>snip< Maybe I’ll just leave random messages composed only of relevant Biblical passages, since Sessions is such a great Christian. :pb_lol:

Be prepared to stand in line.  There's at least 600 people ahead of you ready to quote chapter and verse.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/19/17479232/united-methodist-church-charges-expel-jeff-sessions-migrant

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Drala said:

Be prepared to stand in line.  There's at least 600 people ahead of you ready to quote chapter and verse.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/19/17479232/united-methodist-church-charges-expel-jeff-sessions-migrant

I saw that and started cracking up. I love when shitty evil little elves get called out like this so quickly.

• Upvote 6

Call your congresspeople, red or blue. The number of calls absolutely matters. Red shitheads don't like vocal opposition.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I see Father James Martin, SJ has called out that nasty little troll Sessions and his fuck face boss.

Father James Martin, S.J., a Jesuit Catholic priest and editor-at-large of the Jesuit magazine America, called the Trump administration's defense of its aggressive immigration policy of separating families at the U.S.-Mexico border "insane," "sinful" and "close to obscene." In response to the explosive headlines that have emerged this week, Martin told CBSN's Elaine Quijano on "Red & Blue" that "it couldn't be any clearer" that the Bible and Jesus embraced "welcoming strangers" -- especially in the parable of the Good Samaritan and the book of Matthew.

Martin said. "To use Romans 13 to justify tearing kids away from their parents is insane -- and to use biblical verses to justify what is a sinful action. It's really close to obscene."

Martin even took to Twitter with strong words slamming the Trump administration by writing "the deliberate and unnecessary separation of innocent children from their parents is pure evil."

Here's the tweet in question.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Drala said:

I'm so proud that my pastor is one of them. I mentioned a similar article at my church council meeting this week and my pastor told us she was on the list.

• Upvote 12

“Damn! If even the Catholic Church is judging you for how you treat children, ya done fucked up!” ~Trevor Noah

• Upvote 15

Meanwhile in Oregon

The Oregon Department of Transportation has sent out a tweet letting the public know that they are aware of a controversial post that has been made by one of their employees.

Recently on Facebook, comments made by a woman named Lori McAllen have been circulating, where in she states "I personally think they should shoot them all at the border and call it good..." when regarding how immigrants be handled at the border.

Here's a screenshot of her post...

• WTF 9

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Call your congresspeople, red or blue. The number of calls absolutely matters. Red shitheads don't like vocal opposition.

The people I've talked to at my senators' and representative's offices have told me that they have been flooded with calls to the level they were during the health care push. As all three of mine are proud Dems, they are not standing with Dumpy, Miller, Sessions, Nielsen, et.al.

In fact, here's Tim speaking out:

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 6

Question for any FJers who are willing to answer:

How many of you have seen at least once - if not a few times - a FB post coming across your page, some variation of the following:

Spare me your (liberal) outrage. There are (insert number of their choice) American children in the foster system who have already been separated from their parents. If you are not fostering, you have no right to post about illegal immigrant children being separated from parents...…...etc, etc.

All presented with a some blurb attempting to make it sound personal and original.

I'm so aggravated by this post in its varying iterations. (I did see one version for which I believe the poster does have foster kids).

However - False dichotomy (either/or fallacy). The choices or options are not limited to just two. It also makes me mad because of how disrespectful it is of anyone who has a differing opinion. (And yes, I acknowledge that disrespect is not limited to only one side, at least in some instances).

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, apple1 said:

Question for any FJers who are willing to answer:

How many of you have seen at least once - if not a few times - a FB post coming across your page, some variation of the following:

All presented with a some blurb attempting to make it sound personal and original.

I'm so aggravated by this post in its varying iterations. (I did see one version for which I believe the poster does have foster kids).

However - False dichotomy (either/or fallacy). The choices or options are not limited to just two. It also makes me mad because of how disrespectful it is of anyone who has a differing opinion. (And yes, I acknowledge that disrespect is not limited to only one side, at least in some instances).

I haven’t seen that. My college roommate did share a video that claims the media is lying about everything concerning the kids though. I knew she leaned conservative, but it’s a pretty huge kick in the gut to realize she’s actually buying all Trump’s bullshit. I guess I’ll be deleting her from my life in the morning. I don’t even feel like I have a choice anymore. This is just so wrong. :pb_cry:

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Babies love being in jail:

Isn't that what they did to the native americans in the last century?.....

• Upvote 8

Is it some kind of child trafficking operation? This seems intentional If no records are kept or disclosed, anyway

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Rachel goes on a ten minute rant about Condi Rice and Katrina first  and then talks about Alex Azar and what he's lied about

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

@apple1 I have seen that, "xx children are separated from their parents because of the military" (from pro-military people, which is confusing), and my personal favorite "but what about abortion?!"

I have thus far refused to engage the abortion discussion. I try to explain that they are separate issues, and that any given person can care about both. If pushed, I will have to say that you don't seem very pro-life when you care more about the unborn than living, breathing children in cages.

And the comment about military kids just pisses me off. So many logical fallacies, so little time!

• Upvote 12

Managed to call the DOJ comment line again today. I quoted Matthew 10:13-15 this time and told him his continued support for the zero tolerance policy is one of the most unchristian things I’ve ever heard of. 

I also left a message on the Department of Homeland Security’s comment line (202-282-8495) telling them they should be ashamed of themselves and that they’re disgusting people. 

And finally I called home offices for both my Senators (Murphy and Blumenthal.) I left Murphy a message thanking him for supporting these families and urging him to help reunite those families that have already been torn apart. I spoke with an office worker for Blumenthal and told her the same thing. She let me know he’s actually down at the border now and is doing what he can to help the families, which was exactly what I was hoping to hear. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic