IGNORED

Border Patrol Disasters

candygirl200413

32 minutes ago, apple1 said:

We haven't even mentioned the dropping of attention (by the general public) from the Mueller investigation.

If this is why he implemented the zero tolerance policy then he’s as guilty as sin and is desperate to hide that from the public. You know someone is seriously fucked when they think kidnapping kids and putting them in cages is a good way to distract people from an investigation about you.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

If this is why he implemented the zero tolerance policy then he’s as guilty as sin and is desperate to hide that from the public. You know someone is seriously fucked when they think kidnapping kids and putting them in cages is a good way to distract people from an investigation about you.

I don't think that's why he did it. Miller and Sessions have been gunning for this "zero tolerance" policy for ages, it's what he ran on. I think his dumbass didn't realize how terrible the optics are on this one, and he's finally realized that this could be the issue that guts him during the midterms. And if Dems gain enough seats, it becomes slightly more possible that he'll get impeached. 

• Upvote 10

There is no perfect place for this article, so I'll put it here, since we are talking about immigration.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-aide-stephen-miller-meet-great-grandfather-flunked-naturalization-test-203424658.html

They talk about more than Stephen Miller- basically Trump administration hypocrites and Fox News hypocrites who like to shout common misconceptions about immigration (mine came here legally, mine spoke English, etc) yet, when geneologists dug into their history, much different stories were found.

A photo of Nison (aka Max) Miller stares out from the screen, sullen and stern, in faded black and white. “Order of Court Denying Petition” is the title of the government form dated “14th November 1932,” to which it is attached, the one in which Miller is applying for naturalization as an American citizen.

And beneath the photo, the reason given for his denial: Ignorance.

Nison Miller is the great-grandfather of White House adviser Stephen Miller, who has taken credit for being one of the chief architects of the administration’s family separation policy.

I just quoted the Stephen Miller (loved the ignorance denial), but the others were interesting as well.

• Upvote 12

Bingo -- and there it is.

Bethany Christian Services, a non-profit in MI that has just has placed 81 children removed from their immigrant families into their care facilities in MI.

The DeVos Family, including Betsy have been heavy donors to this organization. 

Bethany "Christian" Services is also called out in Kathryn Joyce's article on evangelical adoptions.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 13

Something to keep in mind.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 13

11 hours ago, apple1 said:

We haven't even mentioned the dropping of attention (by the general public) from the Mueller investigation.

So what?  Mueller has definitely not been distracted from his own investigation, by Trump's most recent horrific actions.

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Something to keep in mind.

In times like those, as well as in times like these,  resisting legality becomes the truest guide for morality.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Bingo -- and there it is.

Bethany Christian Services, a non-profit in MI that has just has placed 81 children removed from their immigrant families into their care facilities in MI.

The DeVos Family, including Betsy have been heavy donors to this organization. 

Bethany "Christian" Services is also called out in Kathryn Joyce's article on evangelical adoptions.

This is totally fucking sick-making.  Do these DeVos Fundies think they're going to get away with stealing toddlers and infants, stripping parents of their rights, deporting the parents back to the killing fields and allowing these children to be adopted into Fundy Kool-Aid homes, with NO FUCKING DUE PROCESS AT ALL...while THEIR PARENTS ARE CRYING THEIR EYES OUT, FULL OF ANXIETY WANTING THEIR KIDS BACK??? 

Makes we want to puke.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

21 minutes ago, PraiseDog said:

This is totally fucking sick-making.  Do these DeVos Fundies think they're going to get away with stealing toddlers and infants, stripping parents of their rights, deporting the parents back to the killing fields and allowing these children to be adopted into Fundy Kool-Aid homes, with NO FUCKING DUE PROCESS AT ALL...while THEIR PARENTS ARE CRYING THEIR EYES OUT, FULL OF ANXIETY WANTING THEIR KIDS BACK??? 

Makes we want to puke.

Not only do they think it, they’re actually doing it. These are the morally most reprehensible people imaginable. In their greed for money, they have absolutely no regard for the suffering of others. As the Dutch saying goes, they’ll go over dead bodies to reach their goal.

They’re completely heartless and utterly ruthless.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Jesus fucking fuck.  There must be some way to track these kids, and stop what is being done to them.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Just FTW (I figured everyone who has read my posts on FJ already knew this) - I was NOT excusing anything. Only thing I was saying was that I never rule out the distract idea when it comes to Trump. Not that hate for "others" couldn't be their motivation in and of itself (because there is that, too...)

• Upvote 9

I had a little "zing" moment last night about Stephen Miller.  Since high school (middle school?), continuing through college and into adult life, Miller has been a serious provocateur, outrageously, deliberately "in your face" with his actions and statements. 

Child separation is essentially his policy. He owns it.  He has that much influence in the WH.  And I think he did it wholly or in part because he knew exactly how outrageous and horrible it would be.  He deliberately wanted a spectacle of suffering.  I'm not the only person who despises him. 

I worry that in the hourly scrum that is this administration, these children will be lost, in every way.  It is still breaking my heart. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 2

On 6/19/2018 at 9:35 PM, neurogirl said:

Ann Coulter Is Reamed On Twitter For Calling Immigrant Kids 'Child Actors' - HuffPost https://apple.news/A9HQo2PMhSCyAZmJ7a8pzrw

I ran out of words a long time ago.

Hide contents

Coulter was a guest on “The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton” and apparently thought the best Father’s Day gift she could give viewers was to accuse the thousands of migrant children being separated from their parents and placed in detention camps of being “child actors.”
“They’re given scripts to read by liberals, according to The New Yorker. Don’t fall for the actor children,” she said in the segment, The Hill reported. Such a New Yorker article does not appear to exist.

That bitch is crazy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

That bitch is crazy.

Yeah, once she said that every other illegal immigrant should be legalized before DREAMERS because DREAMERS are "entitled" and "whiny." Like God forbid someone who was brought here at age five and educated in our public schools wants to stay here. She just says the craziest things she can for the attention.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Howl said:
I worry that in the hourly scrum that is this administration, these children will be lost, in every way.  It is still breaking my heart. 

Same here.

Not to foment conspiracy theories, but I humbly suggest that all of us at FJ who regularly see fundie social media, whether public or private feeds, should keep a weather eye out for any new “adoptees” that appear in their photos in the coming months.

ETA: Just want to point out that it all seems too convenient: ripping babies & toddlers too young to speak or know their names or their parents' names from their families, (deliberately) failing to keep any real records of this crime, and then shipping the children off to various for-hire foster care agencies. As for the older children who can talk & remember? Well, they may be "unadoptable" but these for-profit  agencies are getting lots of $$$ for every day the child is in their care.

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, apple1 said:

As long as Mr. Mueller is working -- and by all evidence he & his team are working at warp factor speed -- I don't care about the publicity.

In fact, the only who cares about Mueller getting headlines is tRump which is why the shitgibbon does anything he can to divert attention from the investigation, whenever he can.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I had a little "zing" moment last night about Stephen Miller. 

This is a person who I probably loathe above all others in Trump's White House.  From the moment he first came to my attention, which was shortly after the election when he was going on about the illegal voters transported into New Hampshire, to his evil racist background (even his family laments his existence). 

What's really terrifying is he keeps a low profile, and what he whispers into the President's ear becomes reality.  Chaos, darkness, cruelty = Stephen Miller. 

49 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I humbly suggest that all of us at FJ who regularly see fundie social media, whether public or private feeds, should keep a weather eye out for any new “adoptees” that appear in their photos in the coming months.

This is not a bad idea.  Is there an adoption thread at FJ to post a notice?

• Upvote 7

But seriously guys. Who do I call and harass on the phone now? The toddler woke me up at 3 this morning abd I had trouble getting back to sleep, so I’m tired and pissed off and ready to chew someone out. Any suggestions on who to call about what’s being done to these poor kids?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

Jeff Sessions? 

Well at least they're not being billed for the flights to the cage town

• WTF 9

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

But seriously guys. Who do I call and harass on the phone now? The toddler woke me up at 3 this morning abd I had trouble getting back to sleep, so I’m tired and pissed off and ready to chew someone out. Any suggestions on who to call about what’s being done to these poor kids?

Have you called the DOJ comment line?  202-353-1555

I'm making a call to the UN to ask for an intervention:  212-963-1234 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Drala said:

Have you called the DOJ comment line?  202-353-1555

I'm making a call to the UN to ask for an intervention:  212-963-1234 

I called the DOJ comment line yesterday morning before that stupid EO was announced. I can always call again later though. Maybe I’ll just leave random messages composed only of relevant Biblical passages, since Sessions is such a great Christian. :pb_lol:

And I can see about calling the UN as well. 

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic