IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

23 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

She’ll hit 36 weeks later this week.

(I only know this because she’s due a few days after my sister. Lol!)

ETA: I’d say that the official baby watch will likely start sometime around July 8th. I’m pretty sure she’s due on the 18th abd most babies come within ten days of the estimated due date. I also have a strong feeling she’ll deliver after her due date as her sisters have. 

I think she’ll probably go a little late, too. I’m waiting to see, though, if I’ll give birth around the same time. I’m a couple weeks behind her but measuring big (again). 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was younger I always had a book in my hand. These days, my husband rags on me that it seems I never read anymore. I do a ton of reading and writing at work, and it drains me/fries my brain. By the time I have free time to read it ends up mostly devoted to reading the news or watching Hulu. 

You know something? It just occurred to me that one of the reasons Jeremy is seen in such a positive light (along with the charisma, eloquence and finesse) is that he doesn’t appear to be political. 

Of course, that can’t be true seeing as American Christianity is steeped in politics and people proclaiming their non-politicalness are engaging in a type of politic (and privilege). 

But there’s no mention of any social or political issues - or anything current for the matter. He lives in a border town for crying out loud and a majority of his congregation are Latino, but all he talks about is dense abitrary theology and football. 

I always found the level of distance Jeremy seems to have from social realities to be strange. And it’s one of the things that makes me suspicious of him. 

Of course, abortion is the exception but that’s standard. 

6 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

You know something? It just occurred to me that one of the reasons Jeremy is seen in such a positive light (along with the charisma, eloquence and finesse) is that he doesn’t appear to be political. 

Of course, that can’t be true seeing as American Christianity is steeped in politics and people proclaiming their non-politicalness are engaging in a type of politic (and privilege). 

But there’s no mention of any social or political issues - or anything current for the matter. He lives in a border town for crying out loud and a majority of his congregation are Latino, but all he talks about is dense abitrary theology and football. 

I always found the level of distance Jeremy seems to have from social realities to be strange. And it’s one of the things that makes me suspicious of him. 

Hasn’t he spoken out against Catholics in his sermons? I thought someone here watched some that were posted online and told us he had a nasty stance against Catholicism. That could definitely count as political (though subtle) in a way considering many of the people attempting to cross the border are likely Catholic. 

I think Jeremy is much savvier than any of the other Duggars, even Jessa. He was in the public eye for a while thanks to his soccer career and he likely learned when to keep his mouth shut from that. I honestly doubt we’ll ever see something overtly political from him on the show or on social media, unless it benefits his preaching career somehow. 

(And I completely agree about being suspicious of him. Jeremy and Jinger are far more dangerous than the other Duggars specifically because they’re pretty and are very careful about how they present themselves online.)

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Hasn’t he spoken out against Catholics in his sermons? I thought someone here watched some that were posted online and told us he had a nasty stance against Catholicism

https://www.inquisitr.com/4227033/jeremy-vuolo-duggar-husband-derides-catholic-church-defiled-term-saint/

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/06/jeremy-vuolo-slammed-for-calling-catholicism-a-demonic-pagan-rel/

The video seems to have been taken down from youtube and I can't bear the thought of going through all his sermons to find it.  He preaches a lot of hateful things.

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

(And I completely agree about being suspicious of him. Jeremy and Jinger are far more dangerous than the other Duggars specifically because they’re pretty and are very careful about how they present themselves online.)

This.  Jeremy is a nasty bit of work, just smarter than the average Duggar, Seewald, or Dillard.

I always assumed Jeremy had trouble in Laredo connecting with potential converts, due to exclusively English services in a predominately Spanish speaking region. Jeremy himself? He's one part smug, arrogant ex-athlete, one part smug fundie pastor fan-boy of John Macarthur and John Piper. Hard pass on that one. I have honestly never thought he was "hot", either. (Though I get why others think he is.) 

14 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

some new Jinger Photos.

She sure is carrying smaller than her sisters. And she’s the most petite, overall. Maybe the baby is just situated differently - or maybe she’ll get lucky and avoid the mega baby birth.

@Mama MiaI think it really depends on a lot of factors to be honest. Jinger looks pretty tiny here, but her bump looked much bigger in her 34 week photo on June 6th.

F623B570-FC18-4520-AA27-654C19E2D5F3.thumb.png.e27516041102215d98b03b4add2e06dd.png

A big part of the difference are the shirts she’s wearing in each photo combined with her poses. Standing so you’re facing the camera directly and/or wearing a looser fitting shirt can conceal your abdomen, while facing the side and/or wearing a tighter top can accentuate that area. 

And as compared to Jill and Jessa when they were both about 34 weeks pregnant (with Sam and Spurgeon)*:

B4EBB4A2-F8EF-4E6D-87C0-1EDD21470B7B.thumb.png.f2e05fe1a4d615a2f2a909343fef235d.png

In Jill’s defense Izzy and Sam weren’t just heavy babies, they were both fairly long babies too -Izzy was an inch short of 2 feet (23 inches) and Sam was 22 inches. Compare that to Spurgeon’s 21 and1/4 inches (no clue how long Henry was, but I’d guess around the same length as his brother.) That’s a lot of baby to carry around and depending on their positions that definitely could have affected how big she carried both times. 

*I don’t want anyone thinking I’m shaming any of them. They each look beautiful in those photos and there are so many reasons out of a woman’s control that can affect how she carries. I’m not a medical professional and I’m not here to make judgements. All I hope is that they choose to make smart choices when it comes to prenatal care and delivery moving forward and that everyone gets through the births healthy and (relatively) happy. 

9 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

He also called Jewish people fake or something of the sort. 

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

He also called Jewish people fake or something of the sort. 

Which is one time where Jeremy just sounds batshit, not eloquent. What the Heck? I know some Evangelical Christians believe they are the "New people of the covenant. God's modern day chosen people." Just like the Jews were in ancient times. That isn't what Jeremy said. I can't decipher that gibberish, and I know a good bit of "Chritianese." 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

@Mama MiaI think it really depends on a lot of factors to be honest. Jinger looks pretty tiny here, but her bump looked much bigger in her 34 week photo on June 6th.

F623B570-FC18-4520-AA27-654C19E2D5F3.thumb.png.e27516041102215d98b03b4add2e06dd.png

A big part of the difference are the shirts she’s wearing in each photo combined with her poses. Standing so you’re facing the camera directly and/or wearing a looser fitting shirt can conceal your abdomen, while facing the side and/or wearing a tighter top can accentuate that area. 

And as compared to Jill and Jessa when they were both about 34 weeks pregnant (with Sam and Spurgeon)*:

B4EBB4A2-F8EF-4E6D-87C0-1EDD21470B7B.thumb.png.f2e05fe1a4d615a2f2a909343fef235d.png

In Jill’s defense Izzy and Sam weren’t just heavy babies, they were both fairly long babies too -Izzy was an inch short of 2 feet (23 inches) and Sam was 22 inches. Compare that to Spurgeon’s 21 and1/4 inches (no clue how long Henry was, but I’d guess around the same length as his brother.) That’s a lot of baby to carry around and depending on their positions that definitely could have affected how big she carried both times. 

*I don’t want anyone thinking I’m shaming any of them. They each look beautiful in those photos and there are so many reasons out of a woman’s control that can affect how she carries. I’m not a medical professional and I’m not here to make judgements. All I hope is that they choose to make smart choices when it comes to prenatal care and delivery moving forward and that everyone gets through the births healthy and (relatively) happy. 

Henry was 21.75 Inches and 8lb 11 oz and the only reason I know that is because the Ellie blog posted all the Duggar Grankids weights and sizes at birth. 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2018/06/duggar-babies-by-weight.html

Yes, the Jews who aren't really Jews. That was a head-scratcher for sure.

Jeremy is basically your classic dude who probably grew up being told he was a genius, who now goes around telling everyone else that he's a genius, and since he projects confidence people eat it up and go, "Wow, he's a genius!" I've never seen anything of Jeremy that convinces me that he isn't mostly shallow and focused on appearances. 

@VelociRapture, I don't see the Catholic bashing as explicitly political because illegitimacy of Catholicism is historically standard in some evangelical & Protestant sects (especially in America). Jeremy belongs to one of these schools of thought. But no doubt, the Catholic bashing has an impact where most people in the area Catholic. 

As for the Jews who aren't really Jews...weird and convoluted anti-Semitism is also a characteristic of some Protestant theological schools of thought. I don't quite know what he means by that but there is a - albeit vague and ever-changing - idea in some Protestant circles that there are a few Jews 'chosen' by God but most people who claim to be Jews AKA 'God's chosen people' need to be saved. Still a shitty thing to say but a far cry from how evangelicals usually politicize Jews. That usually takes shape in support for the current Israeli state and involves a lot of political lobbying. 

I know this has been done to death, but I still laugh at the idea of Jeremy having a football "career".  Yeah, no.  Playing "pro" in Finland and the USA as a man is just not a big deal to any big football nation - it's probably the equivalent of being a "pro" ice hockey or basketball player in the UK, in that you can make a living out of it, but you are light years away from the big leagues.   It's one of those things where it's great to get paid for doing something you love, but that's about it.

I find the desire to be a sports star (without the ability) especially interesting in the transition to trying to become a Fundy star too.  It actually feels pretty similar, in that I would bet money he'd love to be the pastor of a mega-church, but he's got this teenytiny congregation, and right know he's most well-known for who he married.  I do wonder if he'll always be a wannabe, or if he'll manage to crack mainstream fame - or if, in a few years, he'll move away from being a pastor and try his hand at something else?   Politics maybe?

"Wannabe" is a good descriptor @Lurky though I'd always settled for "pretentious." As another example, the way he throws his weight around in libraries like he's freakin Noam Chomsky is ridiculous given that most of the books he posts about are either:

1. sermon collections by 19th-century pastors (in #aesthetic leatherbound editions worthy of any instagram, naturellement)

2. Christian self-help books with nothing to say beyond "everything that you already believe is 100% correct and you never have to reflect on your position or question your actions!"

From what little I've seen of Jeremy's preaching, he seems kind of stiff all around. He wears a shirt and tie. Some mega pastor's do. However, it's increasingly rare in the under 50 set. Heck, Rick Warren is famous for (yes snarked on for) his collection of Hawain shirts. Well, Jeremy is worldly and polished compared to the Duggars, I don't know if he has the charisma to beat out other applicants for an established mega-church and draw in the desired under 40 demographic. I definitely don't think think he has what it takes as a "performer" to start his own church. 

13 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

"Wannabe" is a good descriptor @Lurky though I'd always settled for "pretentious."

Why not both? Pretentious wannabe FTW!  :my_biggrin:

So sorry if this has also been done to death, but I get SO BEC over the pictures of his books, because it looks like he cares more about how they look than anything else.  So all the ones in "fancy" bindings are together, never mind that it's legit children's books next to 18th Century plays and The Brothers Karamazov.  There are companies that sell books by the metre as interior decoration for pubs, coffee shops etc, and that looks exactly like what he's done.  I do wonder how many of these he's read.... 

ETA Bloody hell, just realised that's not actually their place is it?  Bet it looks like a "books by the metre" place because it's an actual coffee shop!  I'm an idiot!

Jeremy, like Derelict & Boob think very highly of themselves. Jeremy is charming & comes in a well groomed pretty package.  Boob for all his assholery can be a charming little dipshit. Derelict, lacks charm and grooming. His BS is unpolished and lingers to the point you find nothing useful or even a little bit redeemable. 

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Good point about the angle. And I think she carries high, which tends to look smaller, to me. One of mine was 23” , and I’m short, I got asked approximately 4 billion times if I was having twins.

Oh Jeremy's home office is full of "pretty" looking books as well. He's all about that outward appearance. I'm sorry if I see a sad looking book in a second hand book story or a library sale, you bet I am taking that sad little book home with me. I can love a sad little book, I make sad little books. I'm a bath reader and my Song of Fire and Ice books are very out of shape due to bathtub reading and occasionally a glass of wine leading to slight dropping. 

Enough about me and my love of sad little books! Jeremy is a preacher who should be looking beyond the outside of people and seeing them for what they truly are, beautiful and unique human beings. I don't think that he can do that. He strikes me as too superficial. 

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

ETA Bloody hell, just realised that's not actually their place is it?  Bet it looks like a "books by the metre" place because it's an actual coffee shop!  I'm an idiot!

My guess is that it is their house and it is "books by the yard (or metre)."  Real bibliophiles bookshelves do not look like that.  We buy for the actual content not the fancy binding.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived