IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

On 6/25/2018 at 10:20 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have such a deep sorrow in my heart for any Duggar-owned animal. They're (as evidenced by video) mistreated, not valued, not treated well, or generally neglected by this family. I can't stand the thought of all the dogs and cats that were "expendable" or "disposable" by this family. To have an animal and not cherish it as part of the family just boggles my mind.

Animals being family has always been a virtue in my immediate family, which is a point driven home by the people around me. My neighbor continually gets yellow labs to show off in his front yard but then doesn't socialize the poor things, my grandma backyard-breeds small dogs (and has regular casualties) and I've had numerous cousins tell me horror stories of animals they've lost or had to give up.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of getting a hamster and am stressing out about getting a really nice tank for it (despite what Petsmart wants you to believe, 90% of those plastic hybrid cages are waaaay too small). My mom's upset about it because we have cats, not just because she's afraid they'll kill the new hammy if it gets out, but also because she's concerned about them not getting enough attention after the new addition.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the photos and the heartbeat necklace. That is so cool, or as Jinger would say: “babe, that is so out of this world!” . Never seen it and I’ve seen a lot of these things. 

12 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Love the photos and the heartbeat necklace. That is so cool, or as Jinger would say: “baaaaaaaaaaaaabe, that is so out of this world!” . Never seen it and I’ve seen a lot of these things. 

Fixed that for you :tw_lol:

Doesn't Josiah's Lauren have a dress just like the one Jinger is wearing in this shoot?

I love the heartbeat necklace.

Somebody's gonna have to save me some time and find/post the heartbeat necklace. kthanxby.

The heartbeat necklace really makes me think that they had trouble conceiving and/or had at least one loss. It's a sweet idea.  I'll stop my curmudgeonly thoughts long enough to be happy for their obvious joy. 

I've seen the heartbeat necklace thing recently (I've even see heartbeat tattoos!) - I think it's a neat idea. 

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I've seen the heartbeat necklace thing recently (I've even see heartbeat tattoos!) - I think it's a neat idea. 

It’s a neat idea for couples looking to have smaller families. Can you imagine if Jim Bob did this for Michelle or Gil for Kelly though? All those necklaces... which one would they wear most? Would they wear a different one each day? Or would they only wear them on each kid’s birthday? But if they did that how would they handle birthdays that are shared by two of their kids? And how would they be able to tell them all apart?! :pb_lol:

I’ll admit it is a nice idea for Jeremy to give this to Jinger. It seems like something that would mean a lot to her. My husband got me a necklace with our daughter’s name, birthdate, and birthstone on it and I love it. I’d wear it all the time if she weren’t constantly trying to chew on it. 

As for the photos, they’re nice. I prefer photos that look more natural and less posed to be honest, but the photographer did a nice job.

To me the heartbeat necklace symbolises one thing..... that they have had at least had some medical care, to get the heartbeat she’d have had to have one (or more) ultrasounds, or ctg tracing done. 

44 minutes ago, kiwi said:

To me the heartbeat necklace symbolises one thing..... that they have had at least had some medical care, to get the heartbeat she’d have had to have one (or more) ultrasounds, or ctg tracing done. 

Before anyone starts assuming this means adequate or good medical care - as far as we know Jessa and Jill both had at least one ultrasound done as well. Jessa and Ben shared Spurgeon’s sonograms on instagram and the Dills shared Izzy’s sonogram as well. You’re right that it’s proof that Jinger received some sort of care, but we can’t be positive it’s adequate care (though I certainly hope it is) and I just want to caution people on that. 

Remember old Ben? The one who would use super cute sonograms of his son as anti-abortion propaganda? Fun times, amirite?!

And Jessa shared her 20 week sonogram of Henry too. 

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Stormy said:

Animals being family has always been a virtue in my immediate family, which is a point driven home by the people around me. My neighbor continually gets yellow labs to show off in his front yard but then doesn't socialize the poor things, my grandma backyard-breeds small dogs (and has regular casualties) and I've had numerous cousins tell me horror stories of animals they've lost or had to give up.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of getting a hamster and am stressing out about getting a really nice tank for it (despite what Petsmart wants you to believe, 90% of those plastic hybrid cages are waaaay too small). My mom's upset about it because we have cats, not just because she's afraid they'll kill the new hammy if it gets out, but also because she's concerned about them not getting enough attention after the new addition.

I have a hammy. I have used petstore cages and buy mutliples of them to "expand" their area, but those cages can get very costly and still seem too small. I looked into other solutions for cages and now use the large clear storage tubs. I currently have 3 stacked together that connect the floors with a hamster pipe. I used wire mesh in the front and sides for ventilation. Each level is fully furnished with the top tub being his penthouse. Lol! This provides many expansion oppertunities, lots of room, and MUCH cheaper and better than the Crittertrail petstore cages. Anyway, thought I'd share an alternative about storage tubs for hammies. 

@Fluffypaws and @Stormy,  when we had hamsters and gerbils, they'd chew their way out of those Habitrail contraptions.  A large aquarium sounds like a much better idea.  I'm not sure if it was the hamsters or gerbils that ate through their cages.  Fortunately, we had a cat that was getting on in years that really couldn't hunt/catch/kill anymore, but she still liked to hunt.  Several times she helped locate those rascally hamsters.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Before anyone starts assuming this means adequate or good medical care - as far as we know Jessa and Jill both had at least one ultrasound done as well. Jessa and Ben shared Spurgeon’s sonograms on instagram and the Dills shared Izzy’s sonogram as well. You’re right that it’s proof that Jinger received some sort of care, but we can’t be positive it’s adequate care (though I certainly hope it is) and I just want to caution people on that. 

Remember old Ben? The one who would use super cute sonograms of his son as anti-abortion propaganda? Fun times, amirite?!

And Jessa shared her 20 week sonogram of Henry too. 

Reveal hidden contents

Jeremy is older and has actually lived in the real world. He knows how life works and seems to actually care for Jingers wellbeing. My guess is she’s getting adequate prenatal care. 

For mothers of large quivers, all the heartbeat necklaces from all the babies could be amalgamated into a funky multi-chain necklace. I'm not breeding, but would totally do that if I had 3 or more kids. I love a good multi-chain silver necklace.

Thing is, when you constantly have babies/toddlers in your lap, at some point that necklace will get pulled on.

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Doesn't Josiah's Lauren have a dress just like the one Jinger is wearing in this shoot?

I love the heartbeat necklace.

The floral maxi dress is the new ankle-length denim skirt. I feel like every Fundie girl has at least one. 

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

For mothers of large quivers, all the heartbeat necklaces from all the babies could be amalgamated into a funky multi-chain necklace. I'm not breeding, but would totally do that if I had 3 or more kids. I love a good multi-chain silver necklace.

Thing is, when you constantly have babies/toddlers in your lap, at some point that necklace will get pulled on.

I have a necklace wirh my older kids' names on hearts with the birthstones and my baby pulls it a lot. He likes that it jingles I think.

6 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Jeremy is older and has actually lived in the real world. He knows how life works and seems to actually care for Jingers wellbeing. My guess is she’s getting adequate prenatal care. 

Yes. But again that’s just a guess (an educated guess, but still.) My entire point is that people not jump to any conclusions because an ultrasound isn’t proof of adequate care, as both Jessa and Jill proved. 

It's definitely best to underestimate the judgement of any Duggar offspring! We're usually disappointed when we think they are doing something sensible! 

That being said, am I remembering correctly that Jinger said she would prefer to have a hospital birth? During one of those after-shows, maybe the one with Daphne Oz? So maybe she does have an ON. Apologies if someone already mentioned that!

Jinger looks great in those photos. I think the photo quality is a little lacking, in the photo on her Instagram page you can see cars in the background and I think a good photog. knows how to frame a shot to avoid having a car in the backdrop like that, or at least knows how to photoshop them out. I’m sorry I tend to get a little BEC about photography because it’s a hobby and love of mine. I wonder if Jinger still considers photography to be a hobby of hers?

Spoiler

1F430FE7-25F7-44CB-AB8F-023EC72187D3.thumb.jpeg.d1f7029843b1a232db11066f031ce264.jpeg

The heartbeat necklace is absolutely beautiful and would make a great gift for any expecting mother. I don’t know what you do after the first or fifteenth kid though. Stop wearing it? Get more and rotate?

I have four kids and few pieces of mom jewelry I’ve had are 

1) thin stackable rings with their names (again this would only work with so many kids ha.)

2) with my firstborn I had a locket with her photo in it but I don’t wear it now that I have multiple kids.

3) I just got the sweetest necklace for mother’s day that I wear all the time, it has each one of my kids silhouettes on it like this:

Spoiler

0ADEF423-4B34-4F38-B369-A9113DD9E510.thumb.jpeg.f1e8d9a3c7ae64bd38fcc8a93e22f85c.jpeg

1 hour ago, PainfullyAware said:

It's definitely best to underestimate the judgement of any Duggar offspring! We're usually disappointed when we think they are doing something sensible! 

That being said, am I remembering correctly that Jinger said she would prefer to have a hospital birth? During one of those after-shows, maybe the one with Daphne Oz? So maybe she does have an ON. Apologies if someone already mentioned that!

I think this is going to be my new mantra with the Bateses and Duggars. Aim as low as possible in my expectations and I’ll either never be disappointed or I’ll end up pleasantly surprised. :pb_lol:

I think it was either Jana or Jinger (or both) who said they would prefer a Hospital birth in the future. 

I'm so jaded I saw the heartbeat necklace and thought "She's going to wear that when she goes to volunteer at that crisis pregnancy center and try to guilt women."

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes. But again that’s just a guess (an educated guess, but still.) My entire point is that people not jump to any conclusions because an ultrasound isn’t proof of adequate care, as both Jessa and Jill proved. 

You’re right, it’s definitely not proof. I just think it’s fair to give them the benefit of doubt. Something I haven’t given any of the other Duggar couples on this matter. 

27 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm so jaded I saw the heartbeat necklace and thought "She's going to wear that when she goes to volunteer at that crisis pregnancy center and try to guilt women."

I figured Jeremy would use the picture of her holding it to say “and some mother’s end their babies lives despite seeing this heart beat.”

I bet he will eventually. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived