Jellybean

On 5/20/2018 at 12:03 AM, applejack said:

I was raised Episcopalian, so Bishop Curry's sermon was right in line with what I grew up with. The length is a THING. It was like settling into a pew at our church back in Sioux Falls. Comfortable and familiar. 

I'm still here for all the black excellence that was all over that service. You GO Black Princess. 

OMG, the priest at my childhood church could go ON AND ON!  A half hour to 40 minutes was not uncommon.  I remember visiting a Catholic church when I was a kid and being astounded at how short the sermon was.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

@Angelic83 I didn't know that, but all I know is that the boys (the men) always speak very highly of him and it is apparent that they love their father and respect him very much. I think Charles tried to give them the best possible childhood all circumstances considered. I read somewhere that even though he was with Camilla, he let the boys decide when they felt ready to meet her and get to know her better. Some other paper said that (or maybe even quoted a prince, I don't remember) that the boys were very pleased that their father found happiness [with Camilla].

I agree. Charles absolutely has his faults, but I’ve always thought he did what he could to be a decent father given the circumstances. I don’t recall Diana ever claiming he wasn’t a good father either - maybe I’m naive, but I don’t think she would have missed the chance to use that against him (or vice versa) during the worst of their media sparring.

I saw a photo of Harry and Meghan driving from Windsor Castle to Frogmore for the evening festivities.  Harry was driving a Jag concept car built in 1968, modified to be an electric vehicle and it had the steering wheel on the left side.  The car was originally manufactured to be sold in the US.  The couple didn't have to concern themselves with normal right-hand steering traffic because they didn't leave the castle grounds.

23 hours ago, Beermeet said:

My 11 yr old daughter and I have fun saying Meghan Markle.  It's hard to not run it together. MeghanMarkle.

MeghanMarkle. Meghanmarkle. 

Meghan.........Markle.    

Hee hee hee.  Anyone else?

Am I the last to know her actual given name is Rachel Meghan Markle?! Rachel coincidentally is her Suits character’s name, so I guess she wasn’t fully able to escape it.

Also Fox News (so consider the source) is reporting a fantastical wedding reception which you can read about here

Being in the UK I got the amusing UK coverage on Bishop Curry when the commentary stated in a cut glass and slightly disparaging British accent that the ceremony included an American preacher “sounding like...well...an American preacher.”  

My son goes to a similar prep (UK sense of prep so age 8-13) boarding school to the one William and Harry attended (please no judgment on boarding young - this is a personal matter) and I know how terribly traditional the chapel services in these places are. Hence aspects of the service will have been a world away from what the “old guard” will have been brought up with.

i think it is wonderful that they embraced the heritage of HRH the Duchess of Sussex.  Yes - it may not be what the “establishment” is used to or familiar with but that is what history is made of. Another piece of UK commentary pointed out that Harry is the man “who will never be king but who is nonetheless making history.” It’s great!

still hope my son’s school slaughter Ludgrove at cricket this term though!

Well, this sounds like a good time, if true.  I would NOT want to play beer pong with Serena Williams.  I mean, I would but I'd get way too wasted for sure!  Fun to think about.

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/21/there-was-beer-pong-at-prince-harry-and-meghan-markles-wedding-reception/

Too much cuteness!  I love this.

I can't stop Royal Wedding-ing!

Screenshot_20180521-202642.png

20 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Official picture is out! And settles the ivory/yellow/buttercream debate of 2018. ;)

63680459-0B6C-437E-BFAD-D76C51BD629A.jpeg

Wait. WHAT???!!! Where is the Queen’s Launer??!!

This is not a part of history I expected to have changed :D

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Wait. WHAT???!!! Where is the Queen’s Launer?!!

She usually has it next to her chair.  You are right - where is it?  Perhaps Phillip is sitting on it ...

The Queen without her Launer seems like a sign the apocalypse is nigh. :D

On 5/20/2018 at 6:10 PM, Palimpsest said:

Mr. P (who hadn't a clue who either of them are) saw that and said, "Wow, she really hates him!" FWIW, Beckham is reputedly a serial cheater and I'm fairly sure she's slapped his face in public before.

She had an affair and had her toes sucked while topless, IIRC.  Her sin wasn't in doing all of that, but for not being discreet about it.  They divorced. 

She's run up huge debts, and tried various ways of making money.  She's a real mess and is apparently being prosecuted in Turkey for shenanigans with an orphanage these days.  I'm sure she was just misunderstood.  For more info - you could start with Wikipedia.  The list is so long but selling access to Andrew was a low spot.  I suspect he connived at it too. 

And let's not forget Andrew's many scandals:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Andrew,_Duke_of_York#Controversies

I have heard for years that despite the divorce they are "close". Rumor has it when the palace caught fire years ago, they were "together". 

Royal Wedding, bad-lipreading edition.

@fraurosena Oh my God, now it all finally makes sense to me! My favorite is Meghan. I tell you, they figured this gal out in no time. They have her down pat. :laughing-rolling:

So kind of not related, but does anyone else wonder sometimes what it must be like to have the Queen as a relative? I bet she could be the ultimate one upper if she wanted to. Like, imagine if one of her kids or grandkids was complaining about getting a bad mark in school or getting dumped or something and the Queen is just sitting there like, “I remember when I was your age. I was busy driving ambulances during the War that Philip was busy fighting in. But please, continue complaining to me about that less than perfect mark you got on that last History exam.” :pb_lol:

On 5/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, VelociRapture said:

I agree. Charles absolutely has his faults, but I’ve always thought he did what he could to be a decent father given the circumstances. I don’t recall Diana ever claiming he wasn’t a good father either - maybe I’m naive, but I don’t think she would have missed the chance to use that against him (or vice versa) during the worst of their media sparring.

Charles and Diana both agreed that the boys needed to have as normal a childhood they could have, they both hated aspects of their childhoods. They had decided against boarding school until they were older, they chose Eton because it was closer than Gordonstoun and Diana’s brother had attended Eton, Peter Phillips ended up at Eton too. They were starting to build on their co parenting relationship when she died, they had spoken a few hours before and the had both planned on flying to London to meet and he would return the boys to her. 

I just had to google what a Launer was... 

I remember they did this photo shoot for the Queen’s 90th with all the young kids, ie Lady Louise and James (Edward’s children), Savannah and Isla Phillips (Peter Phillips’s kids, Peter Phillips being Anne’s son), George and Charlotte, plus Mia Tindall (Zara’s daughter). Little Mia was holding the Queen’s handbag! 

D145929E-649A-4780-879A-903EC1022026.thumb.jpeg.9283030541110ff8b654ffd87a639036.jpeg

I hope the Queen is a nice grandma/great grandma. 

25 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I remember they did this photo shoot for the Queen’s 90th with all the young kids, ie Lady Louise and James (Edward’s children), Savannah and Isla Phillips (Peter Phillips’s kids, Peter Phillips being Anne’s son), George and Charlotte, plus Mia Tindall (Zara’s daughter). Little Mia was holding the Queen’s handbag! 

D145929E-649A-4780-879A-903EC1022026.thumb.jpeg.9283030541110ff8b654ffd87a639036.jpeg

Well I guess we know who the favorite grandchild was in that picture! :)

31 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

This has always been one of my favorite pictures of The Queen. And little Mia is adorable with her great-grandma's purse.

Apparently it’s royal tradition for the monarch to hold the youngest child. If they did one now she’d be holding Louis. 

(In a photo I mean)

Like I said before, I watched the royal wedding for pop cultures sake and ended up being thoroughly entertained. 

Here are some of my favourite memes/funny content 

Spoiler

44E51BC4-DA4A-42C1-87AD-98E47AB57041.jpeg.6d59f2bcce861ba31330b172bb359f69.jpeg

Spoiler

77AE7E06-12B3-4F26-9B27-1DAD2ED4DC2E.thumb.jpeg.b44151f58f1ce2e226a83f06156e2229.jpeg

Spoiler

E6D866D5-8EC1-4F16-9319-96207CB08AA2.jpeg.89d43fe24c3dcce6de753510999a3f17.jpeg

Spoiler

E174F189-E988-4D89-B49B-D91F21AFC095.thumb.png.bf772b5f8dce7bd54aaf7e5a890639e4.png

Spoiler

5F7DB200-65EA-4EB1-8896-BC6862257CD0.jpeg.ce9250251f7029c83bece70bcf7860d9.jpeg

Spoiler

881788C1-3006-4C0F-9EE3-383A483DC188.thumb.png.3ba34ef37a0a447fa4b04800b25f13c6.png

Spoiler

5E1FA251-F43C-4B6B-AE97-5B65E8E3BBB3.thumb.png.c7c34c02022146c04b7945ee2ee61ee5.png

I quite like that Kate reuses dresses. She's just like me! Except not at all like me. 

eYn6ImF.png

Slightly random but was there a reason Harry and William had to walk behind Diana's coffin? I just learned about re-watching that footage and that was just so horrible for them I felt.

Archived