Jellybean

Meghan's brother and sister pissed me off big time, even if she is stuck up, that doesn't excuse the way they have acted towards her for months. Since her engagement was announced they were bad mouthing her in the press. Off course she wasn't going to invite them to her wedding and she didn't to her last one either but this time they wanted to go because she was marrying Harry. 

Harry lost his mother two weeks before he turned 13 and had to deal with the fallout publicly, along with hurtful rumours about how she died and that an other man was his dad. I'm not surprised he done some questionable things, not excusing his actions, he has matured in the past few years and I applaud him for being open about his battles with mental illness.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I’ve found my favorite meme:

I’m dead! This is so sad and so accurate. :pb_lol:

So, Mr PPOD (who claims to have no interest in the Royal Wedding at all, yet keeps telling me all kinds of wedding relayed trivia:pb_rollseyes:) informs me that Bishop Curry was specifically chosen to speak at the wedding because he is a leader in a movement of anti-Trump Evangelicals called, "Reclaiming Jesus."  In other words the choice was  intentionally trolling Trump.   If so, then well played, your Majesty!

On 5/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, VelociRapture said:

So kind of not related, but does anyone else wonder sometimes what it must be like to have the Queen as a relative? I bet she could be the ultimate one upper if she wanted to. Like, imagine if one of her kids or grandkids was complaining about getting a bad mark in school or getting dumped or something and the Queen is just sitting there like, “I remember when I was your age. I was busy driving ambulances during the War that Philip was busy fighting in. But please, continue complaining to me about that less than perfect mark you got on that last History exam.” :pb_lol:

I read an article a while back that Lady Louise (Edward's daughter) came home from school, confused. She knew her Gran was the Queen, but didn't know she was THE Queen.  LOL

https://people.com/royals/lady-louise-windsor-didnt-realize-her-grandmother-is-the-queen/  

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I read an article a while back that Lady Louise (Edward's daughter) came home from school, confused. She knew her Gran was the Queen, but didn't know she was THE Queen.  LOL

https://people.com/royals/lady-louise-windsor-didnt-realize-her-grandmother-is-the-queen/  

That’s actually a pretty cute and funny story. :)

I like the approach Edward and Sophie appear to have taken with their kids. Attempting to shield them and raise them as normally as possible could do Louise and James a lot of good later in life. It has to be harder to accomplish this the closer you get to the throne though. 

That's a cute story. Edward and Sophie have done a great job raising their children away from the spotlight. I actually think most of the royals have done a good job shielding their children. Besides official events, you don't really hear much about George/Charlotte/Louis, which is nice for them (sucks for us, ha).

I love Meghan's coat of arms, and I love that they went directly to her and not her father. Hell yeah for independence. 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

That’s actually a pretty cute and funny story. :)

I like the approach Edward and Sophie appear to have taken with their kids. Attempting to shield them and raise them as normally as possible could do Louise and James a lot of good later in life. It has to be harder to accomplish this the closer you get to the throne though. 

Yes, they are a lot more sheltered from the press compared to their older cousin's. I think them marrying and having children later than Charles, Anne and Andrew has meant they don't get as much press intrusion. Edward and Sophie have lasted longer than the other marriages too. 

7 hours ago, viii said:

That's a cute story. Edward and Sophie have done a great job raising their children away from the spotlight. I actually think most of the royals have done a good job shielding their children. Besides official events, you don't really hear much about George/Charlotte/Louis, which is nice for them (sucks for us, ha).

I love Meghan's coat of arms, and I love that they went directly to her and not her father. Hell yeah for independence. 

I appreciate the fact that the coat of arms reflects her American heritage and California being her home state.  It's really nice that her opinion is the one that mattered, not her father's or anyone else.

I also think it's entirely logical that Kate Middleton's father got a coat of arms and Meghan's didn't. Leaving aside all the drama, Kate's father is a British citizen. Meghan's father isn't even a member of the Commonwealth. It just doesn't make sense (to me) to give him a coat of arms.

My favorite meme from the wedding is definitely the CVS receipt on the veil. I also love Meghan's new coat of arms.

I went down a royal family rabbit hole today and found this old photo of Lady Sarah, leaving the hospital with her newborn son. It’s so much more relatable than Kate’s. (To no fault of Kate’s of course.) But that ponytail, baggy T-shirt, no makeup look is just so normal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3566547/The-Queen-s-adored-remarkable-royal-documentary-thrust-Margaret-s-earth-daughter-Sarah-spotlight.html

D03DBB4B-6715-447F-9674-534A0F957AA4.png

Lady Sarah never wears makeup at all and dresses simply and neatly even at weddings and other official events.  How she came out of Princess Margaret is a mystery :) 

I know next to nothing about British royalty, but I do absolutely love that photo of Lady Sarah with her baby. She looks like a regular new mom, not a perfectly made-up doll. 

12 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Lady Sarah never wears makeup at all and dresses simply and neatly even at weddings and other official events.  How she came out of Princess Margaret is a mystery :) 

I love Lady Sarah Chatto. She's my favourite member of the royal family. She has her own career, she's beautiful in a natural way and I heard she and the Queen are really close :)

Yeah, Her Aunt included her in a lot of activities with her 4. In the Tribute where Royals were shown  watching very old home movies you tell she adored her mother as well. Just a nice lady.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:43 AM, Jinder Roles said:

Also, is anybody else glad that it’s the white side of Meghan’s family acting a damn fool? 

yes, lol

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I am not glad any of her family  is acting like a damn fool, Black or  white :)  

I hear you, not neccesarily glad but relieved, since the bad behavior of any black person reflects on all of us, as unfair as that is.

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I like Lady Sarah Chatto too.  She is very low-key and would rather fly under the radar.  She's a talented artist too - she paints as Sarah Armstrong-Jones.  Some examples here: https://www.redfern-gallery.com/artists/39-sarah-armstrong-jones/

I can see that Lady Sarah's artistic side was nurtured as she grew up.  I don't know how much Princess Margaret was artistic, but Lady Sarah dad was renowned photographer Anthony Armstrong Jones, Lord Snowdon.

Samantha "Evil Half-Sister" Markle says that it's an insult that Thomas Markle wasn't named on the coat of arms (???) and says that it looks like a kindergartner drew it. Which leads me to believe that kindergartners in California are much, much more artistically talented than the ones we have here. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5779869/It-looks-like-drawn-Kindergarten-Samantha-Markle-bashes-Meghans-coat-arms.html

Archived