Jellybean

Phillip loves his granddaughter more than he hates the girls  mother and she is known to adore her grandparents. To marr  her special day by not showing up because of Sarah Ferguson would have been bitter petty move he would not pull.  Besides at his age it’s entirely likely he has let bygones be bygones and wants to not leave any bad feeling behind. That does not mean he wants her back in his family just he accepts she will always have a place in the their lives. I would like to think this way anyhow.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prince Phillip and Queen Elizabeth look exceptionally well for their ages.

George and Mia Tindall seem to be taking after their Great Grandfather Phillip in being less than thrilled about pictures! Haha

gettyimages-1052072490.jpg

That looks like a real family photo, which is awesome. Forced smiling, legit smiling, and unruly little children.

9 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That looks like a real family photo, which is awesome. Forced smiling, legit smiling, and unruly little children.

This family doesn’t “do” sit down photos very well. Apparently photographers only have a few minutes to get what they need before Phillip says they are done :) that’s why they never look really polished or posey. 

Interesting strategy borne out of years of sitting, perhaps?  Well, I like it. They look more real. Bride is euphoric. Grandma looks like jubilant grannie and less like queen.  It’s good.

I love the Zac Posen gown she wore for the evening reception. The fit is so good on her and I love how the waist is shaped (don't know if there is a technical term for how the thin waist band is pointing down?) and I love the movement or swish on end of the gown, as well as the colour. I didn't actually think she going to have a second gown. I also love the picture of the kiss during the carriage ride.

Originally, I wasn't sure about the tiara choice. But every time I see the wedding on tv again or another pic, the tiara is growing on me more and more. I absolutely adore it now. The emerald is almost perfect choice for her. I don't quite know what it is, maybe her hair colour, or skin tone, or her eyes, but the emerald  colour seems to bring it all out perfectly. I am glad she didn't choose a veil too. No way would I want to cover it all up if I got the chance to wear such an exquisite tiara. 

Mia just looks so done with the whole thing.

I like the second group shot, with just the couple and the page boys/bridesmaids. George is doing the typical little kid big grin. 

image.png.f1df0e2dce8043a65223cd66428bb09d.png

On 10/13/2018 at 2:15 PM, Four is Enough said:

Kate's looked so good because there was a bum roll involved... her figure was enhanced by padding around the hips to give that hourglass look. Not saying Kate doesn't have a banging figure, but that wedding dress was enhanced with add on hips and I'm guessing there was a bit of that in Eugenie's as well.. she also wore a corset somewhere under that dress. 

I loved both their dresses. I thought Meghan's was very austere. Diana's I hated from the get go.

They were both more full skirted dresses than Meghan's attempt at a sheath style. That isn't "padding" as much as the very fitted waist coupled with a fuller skirt. You don't have to pad the dress or the hips/butt to get that effect. I tried on a few dresses cut that way back when I bought a wedding dress ten years ago. It is done with stiff material and/or hoops or can-can style linings or undergarments. Not padding the butt. 

Eugenie also has more of a curvy figure (in the sense of curves, not plus sized) than Kate or Meghan and wouldn't have needed help to achieve that. 

I think I liked Eugenie's dress more than Kate's or Meghan's. I'm not fond of the back, but the rest of it was gorgeous. 

Meghan and Harry have announced that they’re having a baby!

I suspected but I don’t like to comment on womens’ bodies so I didn’t make a post about it. So thrilled for them. 

Twitter had a lot of comments about Meghan looking pregnant from when she stepped out of the car to enter the church. I was laughing to myself thinking about Meghan getting the Duggar style  baby bump speculation. I didn't get a good look at her on tv as she moved inside quickly and her outfit was dark, so I never noticed or thought of it. There were photos showing her coat just having the top button done up and rest stayed open, with people using that photo as proof.

I am glad they waited til after Eugenie's wedding to announce, otherwise it might have gotten overshadowed with baby talk instead. I did think at Meghan's own wedding that a pregnancy announcement would come a few months later. 

Aren't Harry and Meghan about to do a long royal tour soon? I hope she has an easier pregnancy than Kate did.

26 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Aren't Harry and Meghan about to do a long royal tour soon? I hope she has an easier pregnancy than Kate did.

Yes they are already in australia and are going on to fiji and tsonga

Ah thanks, I didn't know it had already started. That is really tight turnaround to squeeze in their announcement. I heard there was a tour but thought maybe it was soon-ish , like a few weeks away. Depending on how far along she is, or how much she is showing already, Meghan probably didn't want to wait til she was back from the tour. She will be photographed alot and meeting crowds etc, it might be too hard to hide and dress in heavy coats etc.

Well, I think in the end the womb of the Duchess of Sussex has slightly overshadowed Eugenie's wedding, since the talk of it began when she stepped out in that navy coat. And it was mentioned that they announced it to the family at the wedding. As though the wedding being at Windsor wasn't already super reminiscent of Harry and Meghan, they still managed to steal the thunder. I'd feel bad for Eugenie but then I remember she got to have a beautiful wedding wearing a diamond and emerald encrusted tiara with celebrity guests and a ride in a carriage through hundreds of adoring royal fans.

Yes the news overshadowed it a little bit but she is 3 months a long and with this trip coming up they had to tell the famiy. But speculation about the womb of meghan was going one already when she got married and since then. So timing isn’t everything but they had no choice or face more speculation coming weeks with all the media frenzy for the trip.

Eugenie had her big day and moment in the spotlight at least :) but her mom Sarah ferguson is not to pleased that her daughters moment in the spotlight is gone. Apparently at time of the offical announcement she tweeted a lot of pictures of her self and the wedding

7 hours ago, Angelic83 said:

Yes the news overshadowed it a little bit but she is 3 months a long and with this trip coming up they had to tell the famiy. But speculation about the womb of meghan was going one already when she got married and since then. So timing isn’t everything but they had no choice or face more speculation coming weeks with all the media frenzy for the trip.

Eugenie had her big day and moment in the spotlight at least :) but her mom Sarah ferguson is not to pleased that her daughters moment in the spotlight is gone. Apparently at time of the offical announcement she tweeted a lot of pictures of her self and the wedding

Sarah would not have known that the announcement was coming down at that exact time. And her daughter just got married. She posted pictures on social media. That is about as normal as normal gets. My cousin's daughter got married a couple of weeks ago, guess what she did the following week? Posted a ton of pictures on social media. 

Suggesting that Sarah was trying to compete with Meghan's big announcement is ridiculous. She was just being a mom. 

15 hours ago, Angelic83 said:

Maybe you are right, I just got that feeling. 

Yeah, I’m going to agree with @louisa05 on this. It’s pretty normal for parents to post photos after a wedding because they’re excited and proud. My parents posted a few photos online after our wedding because they were just excited and wanted to share that happiness. Fergie seems to be active on social media and appears to enjoy gushing about her kids at times, so I’d assume this was just a case of a proud mom wanting to share her excitement and happiness. 

I also think I’ve read that Fergie has a decent relationship with Harry, so I’d assume she’d be happy for them, pleased that they chose to wait until after the wedding to announce, and understanding about the need to announce the news when they did due to their Royal Tour in a region experiencing warm weather right now (meaning no bundling up to conceal a possibly visible pregnant belly.)

Does anyone know where the connection between Jack and Eugenie with Robbie Williams comes from?

I've been curious about it, and haven't read anything on it. I was surprised by the choice to include his daughter as a flower girl. But I did think she did a good job, she is very cute and looks like him alot. One of my favourite moments was when the horn tooted ( or some fanfair played suddenly) and she jumped all startled at it.

Or maybe the connection comes through his wife, rather than Robbie Williams himself. I don't know anything about his wife.

@Imaginary_Wonderland

This socialite/glitterati/celebrity  set that the Royal Grandchildren run in take vacations in the same places, attend the same  high profile events and attend the same clubs and such. They probably met like that and hit it off. 

On 10/18/2018 at 7:16 AM, tabitha2 said:

@Imaginary_Wonderland

This socialite/glitterati/celebrity  set that the Royal Grandchildren run in take vacations in the same places, attend the same  high profile events and attend the same clubs and such. They probably met like that and hit it off. 

Sarah worked with them for her charitable foundation at one point which Beatrice is quite involved in running now. She introduced both girls and Eugenie and Jack in particular hit it off with he and his wife and the couples have been close friends. Nothing "glitterati" or "vacation" oriented about it. A case of mutual interests leading to a friendship. 

All per an article explaining the choice of the attendants on I think the Express website--but one UK paper or another anyway (and not the Daily Fail). 

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I noticed that Chief Constable Giles on Murdoch Mysteries/The Artful Detective was wearing a jacket that looked a lot like Harry's uniform jacket with the unusual lapels at the wedding.

Archived