Jellybean

Gee Samantha, can you shove your foot any further into your mouth? 

She's a bunch of sour grapes, that one. 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I can see that Lady Sarah's artistic side was nurtured as she grew up.  I don't know how much Princess Margaret was artistic, but Lady Sarah dad was renowned photographer Anthony Armstrong Jones, Lord Snowdon.

Sarah is not the only one to have talent.  There's a documentary that discusses various artistic royals out there.  It's called the Royal Paintbox, I think.  I can't tell you much about it because I went to sleep during it when it aired on PBS.  Prince Charles has that effect on me. :D

Charles is what I think of as a competent water color painter.   It is a difficult medium, I've dabbled in it, so I give him some credit.  However, he paints landscapes that are somehow ... lifeless.   The Duchy of Cornwall sell prints of his paintings with the profits going to the Prince's Trust.

Fuck me. Samantha sounds deranged. 

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Fuck me. Samantha sounds deranged. 

Definitely eaten up with jealousy. I'm starting to wonder if she's trying to say something so outrageous the royal family will privately offer her a substantial sum of money to just shut up and go away. Not that I think they should; ignoring her completely seems the best bet, as she only makes herself look worse and worse with every word she utters. :my_dodgy:

A small bratty little women child who wants attention. If they give in it would they would never be rid of her. But why should they? She is making herself a joke and is inconsequential to them really.

She also said that part of the coat of arms that represents communication is "weak." Maybe this is my profession talking, but words are incredibly powerful, and the way that they're communicated can change circumstances dramatically. Countries have gone to war over words, ffs.

I feel like Samantha is exhibit A of that old saying "what you say about people says more about you than it does about them." She's coming off as incredibly bitter and seriously unhinged. 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Gee Samantha, can you shove your foot any further into your mouth? 

Does't she have multiple sclerosis? 

She is so off the wall I wonder whether her thinking is impaired.  It isn't that common, but does happen to a few people with MS.

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Does't she have multiple sclerosis? 

She is so off the wall I wonder whether her thinking is impaired.  It isn't that common, but does happen to a few people with MS.

I don't think her thinking is impaired other than trying to maybe get a payoff from the Royals to STFU. Her brother wrote that letter to Harry trying to get him to cancel the wedding so he's no better either. I think there's a whole lot of hate going on. Meghan is good looking, was successful in her own right and just happened to fall in love with a real Prince and they're living their shitty little lives and are positively GREEN with envy. 

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Samantha "Evil Half-Sister" Markle says that it's an insult that Thomas Markle wasn't named on the coat of arms (???) and says that it looks like a kindergartner drew it. Which leads me to believe that kindergartners in California are much, much more artistically talented than the ones we have here. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5779869/It-looks-like-drawn-Kindergarten-Samantha-Markle-bashes-Meghans-coat-arms.html

Can we say sour grapes and jealousy? She's trying to extend her 15 minutes of fame.  She's failing miserably and showing what a tacky person she is. But I'm sure we all knew that already!

1 hour ago, Briefly said:

Can we say sour grapes and jealousy? She's trying to extend her 15 minutes of fame.  She's failing miserably and showing what a tacky person she is. But I'm sure we all knew that already!

Sooner or later reporters will start to start to not care what the fuck she says because the public will turn off of her sour grapes.  Tick, tock, tick tock, your 15 minutes of fame are almost up jealous one...

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm starting to wonder if she's trying to say something so outrageous the royal family will privately offer her a substantial sum of money to just shut up and go away.

Or she'll have an "accident" or whatever.

21 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Or she'll have an "accident" or whatever.

For this reason, they should never invite her over.  She will slip on the carpet or something.

Seriously (and perhaps this was mentioned before), I heard the Florida state patrol combed their database for reports of her supposed "accident".  They had found none so far.  But they informed her and her bf that if they found a record they would ticket him (as the driver) for leaving the scene of an accident.  Something tells me she's not going to try that one again at least.

I agree eventually the reporters will no longer care about her or her brother's rantings.  And I don't think the RF is going to offer a payoff in any case, it would be just feeding the monster.  

On 5/28/2018 at 4:07 PM, Palimpsest said:

Sarah is not the only one to have talent.  There's a documentary that discusses various artistic royals out there.  It's called the Royal Paintbox, I think.  I can't tell you much about it because I went to sleep during it when it aired on PBS.  Prince Charles has that effect on me. :D

Charles is what I think of as a competent water color painter.   It is a difficult medium, I've dabbled in it, so I give him some credit.  However, he paints landscapes that are somehow ... lifeless.   The Duchy of Cornwall sell prints of his paintings with the profits going to the Prince's Trust.

I saw that program. I thought it was really interesting. Charles said he didn't feel like he had time to really devote himself to really studying painting, which could be part of the issue with his work. He obviously does it because he enjoys it and not because he fancies himself some major artist. He has a good sense of color, though, I think. 

53 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I saw that program. I thought it was really interesting.

Can you remember the other artistic royal types the documentary mentioned?

16 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Can you remember the other artistic royal types the documentary mentioned?

Queen Victoria and Albert. Victoria drew and painted quite a bit. Albert had a strong interest in design, especially jewelry, and he made many pieces for Victoria. He also helped design several of their homes. All of their children were taught to draw and paint, but their daughter Louise was the true artist who pursued it as almost a profession. She mainly studied sculpture, and it was a big deal that she did so, because it was considered a more sensual medium, since a sculptor has to spend a lot of timing observing the human form. Louise created a monument to her mother that's displayed I think in Kensington (or Windsor? I don't remember). Queen Alexandra also painted quite a bit. 

It's been a while since I saw the program, but that's primarily who was discussed from what I remember. They showed original works from the royals and their paintboxes and art kits that have been preserved, which was cool.

Charles also talked about his own interest in art and that he felt it helped him look at the world differently. He often brings along an artist on overseas trips to paint scenes for Charles, because Charles wishes he could paint a lot of those areas himself, but doesn't have the time. One of those artists was interviewed for the program. 

Like I said, I thought it was interesting. 

This is something I've been wondering, and I'm hoping some of you in-the-know folks here might be able to answer it. :) Will Meghan and Harry's children also be Prince & Princess so-and-so - or will they be Lord & Lady so-and-so?

46 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This is something I've been wondering, and I'm hoping some of you in-the-know folks here might be able to answer it. :) Will Meghan and Harry's children also be Prince & Princess so-and-so - or will they be Lord & Lady so-and-so?

I just read something on that.  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6442840/prince-harry-and-meghan-markles-children-wont-inherit-title/

I read today that their daughters wouldn't inherit the Sussex title but a son would. As for Prince/Princess I'm not sure. They probably will be when Charles becomes King.

No. Daughters don’t inherit titles except in a Very very rare cases. The law only changed for royal heirs regarding succession. That’s why the York dukedom will merge back with the crown eventually and Pr Edwards son is James Viscount Severn and his older sister is simply Lady Louise.

Their daughters won't inherit the Sussex title but they'll still be Lady _____, won't they? 

I wonder if it annoys Meghan (as a feminist) that her daughters won't inherit what a son can. 

Yes. Lady automatically but Princess If they decide to go that route. Also When Eugenie Marries she will be Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank so any  daughters they have will most likely follow suit.

It may or may not but she married into a family that is the definition of tradition for at least as long as the Queen and then her immediate heir are reigning  and Gender roles that can take hundreds of years to change.  She knew it so she can’t complain now. 

Right, what I was wondering was what they would actually be called. My understanding is that the daughters of a Duke are called Lady ______, but I wasn't sure if Prince Harry's kids would also be princes/princesses.

When Charles is King I think they will automatically be Prince or Princess as the grandchildren of the Monarch but under EII She has to do some official hoo doo to make it so.

Archived