Jellybean

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Meghan and Harry may have asked for a message of love and social justice.  The Palace  may even have been given and approved an outline of the sermon. 

That said, many of the royals were definitely surprised, not by the content perhaps, but by the delivery.  It is really not what they are used to, and they couldn't control their faces.   

I don't think I've ever seen QEII twitch quite like that before, and the side-eyeing between Camilla and Kate was really something. Charles's was suppressing something - perhaps laughter.   It was really funny.

And therein is why, even though I thought it was too long, I loved it. Even when I was tuning out what he was saying, the faces made my day.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Destiny @Palimpsest I liked his sermon a lot, but I was definitely living for the reactions from the other Royals. They did a pretty decent job at maintaining composure, but it was pretty funny watching them react to a situation they aren’t used to being in. 

I have high hopes for them. They seem genuinely carng people.

Harry and Meghan didn't seem to be uncomfortable about the address. They looked like they were paying attention throughout. I really don't think they were surprised by the sermon at all. 

It makes me wonder if they've talked about the Nazi uniform costume incident, or the video of him using slurs. That has to have come up right? She doesn't seem like the type to just brush those things aside. She seems like she'd hold him to account for all of that. 

I hope she's really helped open his eyes better and they are able to do good work for the world together. 

20 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder where the happy couple will go on their honeymoon, and when they might be having children.  Imagine the speculation, if/when she becomes pregnant, regarding the child's looks...

I think that they will probably not wait too long on that, they are both in their 30's.

23 hours ago, Destiny said:

Idris Elba looks fabulous. I love him and I'm still kind of mad that he isn't the 13th Doctor. (not that I know if he was even in the running, but he was my personal choice.)

I think he would have been fantastic as the Doctor! I know he was considered for James Bond a few years back, which would have also been a very good choice.

The lip bite heard around the world.  She getting preg-nant!  Ooooweeee!  Sigh......

I too suspected those smirks were because she's pregnant. Who knows. They're really cute together.

I'm with @Palimpsest on the dress needing the space in the top to be functional for movement. As a fellow member of the itty-bitty tittie committee, there's only so far that heavy fabric could be fitted to her bust and still allow for movement without making weirdly pinched places. 

I loved how simple and structured the dress was. It really made that beautiful veil and tiara stand out. She struck just the right balance, and looked really comfortable in it too.

Watching the British reaction to a rather subdued charismatic sermon cracked me up. I enjoy a sermon like that, especially with that message, but it felt like a lot in that place. I really thought he was going to at least lose a candle, if not knock over the whole lectern. I suspect he's used to having a more stable pulpit to preach from.

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Because we all need some laughs...

..."Prince Harry Markle..." LOL

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Noooooooooooo. :( Anyone know where us Canucks can watch it?

Official picture is out! And settles the ivory/yellow/buttercream debate of 2018. ;)

63680459-0B6C-437E-BFAD-D76C51BD629A.jpeg

Just saw these official wedding photos:

Spoiler

33043197_1867661039922384_88889190508648

33145764_1867661029922385_42424183539535

33137407_1867661003255721_12858756618182

They are unsurprisingly gorgeous. But I cannot get over how beautiful the Queen looks in that first photo. What a fantastic picture of her! And Prince George smiling. He seems more relaxed when not faced with an enormous cheering crowd, poor little guy. 

Goddamn it you guys! I was just about to post those!! :pb_lol:

Anyways, they’re so ridiculously cute and happy and photogenic that my only reaction is this:

Spoiler

20BE8B6D-7910-467A-BDD9-C51AA8FDF855.gif.46e4aff5c9190e47a08d1eff6d639806.gif

:pb_lol: But seriously. They look so... normal? I guess that’s the word I’m going for. They look like any average newlyweds in that portrait of the two of them together. I never pictured a royal having wedding photos like that before, but the photos they’ve released have all been really beautiful and sweet so far.

And I know it’s been discussed, but I just loved this moment with Doria, Charles, and Camilla. 

Spoiler

I know, I know. It’s good PR and everything, but I love that Charles and Camilla walked with Doria out of the Church like that. They didn’t need to, but they did and I just think it was another very nice moment of unity.

@singsingsingThe Queen does look really beautiful there. And I think you’re right about George. Charlotte seems relatively comfortable around the crowds, but I think his parents have mentioned that George is a bit more reserved than his sister. Its got to be a bit scary and overwhelming for a reserved little kid to be the center of that much attention. 

56 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

And I know it’s been discussed, but I just loved this moment with Doria, Charles, and Camilla. I know, I know. It’s good PR and everything, but I love that Charles and Camilla walked with Doria out of the Church like that. They didn’t need to, but they did and I just think it was another very nice moment of unity.

I think so too. I don't entirely think it was just PR though.

Charles is one of a very small handful of people in this world who knows what it is like to have grown children in the modern Royal Family, in the age of the internet and the 24-hour news cycle, and to understand the worry that undoubtedly is in Doria's heart as Meghan embarks on the very public path of being the Duchess of Sussex.  Because you know that she is. Proud, undoubtedly, but wracked with worry too. He watched William live it, watched Harry live it, but knew he couldn't live it for them. All he could do was worry on their safety, give advice when asked, and hope that they were going to be okay. 

I think Charles reaching out to Doria the way he has is his way of assuring her that her baby girl is going to be loved, cared for and protected by his family. It may not assuage all of her fears and worries, but having someone who's been there undoubtedly helps a lot. It's a dad, reassuring a mom. 

Those pictures look very nice. I like the foto with the page boys and flowergirls, they are to cute. I loved the bold colour on the queen it brings some colour in all the dark blue.

I am torn on the dress of Meghan, I liked the look overall on her but agree that the collor looked at little bit to big. Loved the tiara it added some sparkle, but liked it more with the veil then without it on the released picture.

Are there any other photos from the reception? I'd love to see what Kate wore. Otherwise I'll just assume the SNL depiction was 100% fact.

The wedding party and families looked lovely, and the color combinations they wore really worked on that green background--especially with Doria and the Queen in green and Kate in yellow (it's yellow, dammit!--hold my hoops, I will fight you! :pb_lol:).  Even the little things, like Princess Charlotte sitting on her mum's lap and Prince George's giant smile make it seem so intimate and joyful. I haven't had very many positive feelings about the royal family lately (with the exception of loving the Queen even more after watching the Crown), but this wedding has made me feel a lot of good will towards them, which honestly makes me feel a little weird. They better treat Meghan right--I think she could do a lot of good in the world. I also like that they took them in a different room that they usually use for the official portraits, which I feel is designed in shades of red that tend to not do the sitters much justice. Andrew and Fergie's shots were particularly unflattering because her gorgeous hair matched the drapes. I wish she could have done photos in the green room they took Harry and Megan's in, she would have looked even more spectacular. 

/Here ends probably the most inane FJ post I've ever written. :pb_lol:

fergie-1.jpg

I have to hand it to the Brits--they know how to do a ceremony.  The royal wedding was a pleasant distraction from my recent preoccupation with existential anguish.  I can't help but admire Meghan and Harry--beautiful couple, easy on the eyes with a pleasant demeanor.  Loved getting a look at QEII's large family.  Zara Tindall's dropped jaw was priceless.  I also felt a great admiration for Doria Ragland.   Gossip rags say she may be doing an exclusive interview with Oprah later this week.  Hope it gets the royal approval.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@singsingsingThe Queen does look really beautiful there. And I think you’re right about George. Charlotte seems relatively comfortable around the crowds, but I think his parents have mentioned that George is a bit more reserved than his sister. Its got to be a bit scary and overwhelming for a reserved little kid to be the center of that much attention. 

Watching Royals and their children for years it seems like the Heiress or Heir is almost always more guarded, reserved, Introverted, ETC. Than their younger siblings. They  Mother, Father and Grandparents to mentor them and show how to King or Queen properly. And learn how to behave in public appropriately very quickly.   

11 minutes ago, Drala said:

Gossip rags say she may be doing an exclusive interview with Oprah later this week.  Hope it gets the royal approval.

I don't get the feeling (and Jeebus I hope I'm right...) that Doria would be the sort of person to let anything embarrassing or unflattering slip about her daughter. Hopefully it'll just be a fairly banal 'she was always so precocious and potty-trained herself at two and said please and thank you perfectly from such a young age' and 'Prince Charles and Camilla were so nice and Prince George is so adorable' sort of interview. 

As Oprah herself was an invited guest, I see the interview being fairly harmless. Assuming there is an interview.

Watching Prince Charles at the wedding, I just kept thinking, "there's a man who knows a thing or two about falling in love with the 'wrong' person". I was very happy with how warm, welcoming and considerate he was.

Glooooooooorious! (I've been away since Saturday afternoon, so y'all are going to have to deal with all the memes I've been finding since being able to get back to my computer. I apologize for nothing. :pb_lol:)

DduOCqfVAAITsfK.jpg

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles are people too, right? It must be very difficult to be them. I’m not making any excuses for the monarchy. Just observing. At this point it’s a cultural preservation. Think about what Queen Elizabeth has been through in her life. It’s rather extraordinary for a figurehead. 

I keep thinking about all they’ve seen and been through and while I know that preserving the monarchy is certainly a top concern. It’s heartening to see how they care for the boys and that they are willing to let things evolve and be different for them.

I hated Camilla's hat.  Love this deli platter meme--it does that hat justice.  I can't say I'm a fan of Charles and Camilla, although I appreciated how warm and welcoming Charles was to Doria Ragland.   I assume any interview Doria would do with Oprah would address the experience of racism, since it's been an issue for Meghan & Harry.

@ViolaSebastian What has been seen cannot be unseen. From now on I will forever have to associate a platter of deli meat with Camilla. LOL I said before that I don't mind her hat and I still don't. Weird hats are her thing.

I agree that Charles must know a thing or two about falling in love with the wrong person. I guess it's safe to say he was not a great husband to Diana, but he always appeared to be a good father to his children as much as that was possible in his position. He is fallible just like any other person in this world. I may be in the minority but I find it heartwarming that in the end, he got to be with the woman that he truly loved all along. 

5 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

@ViolaSebastian What has been seen cannot be unseen. From now on I will forever have to associate a platter of deli meat with Camilla. LOL I said before that I don't mind her hat and I still don't. Weird hats are her thing.

I agree that Charles must know a thing or two about falling in love with the wrong person. I guess it's safe to say he was not a great husband to Diana, but he always appeared to be a good father to his children as much as that was possible in his position. He is fallible just like any other person in this world. I may be in the minority but I find it heartwarming that in the end, he got to be with the woman that he truly loved all along. 

Yes in a documentary I saw about charles as a boy showed how he hated the school his father put him in that he made sure his sons would never have to go there. I think both of the princes had a nice childhood as much as you can with the public eye on you. 

Lipreaders have said that he (harry) said thanks pa to charles when he gave meghans hand. 

@Angelic83 I didn't know that, but all I know is that the boys (the men) always speak very highly of him and it is apparent that they love their father and respect him very much. I think Charles tried to give them the best possible childhood all circumstances considered. I read somewhere that even though he was with Camilla, he let the boys decide when they felt ready to meet her and get to know her better. Some other paper said that (or maybe even quoted a prince, I don't remember) that the boys were very pleased that their father found happiness [with Camilla].

Archived