Jellybean

I think my favorite moment not yet discussed was when they were in the carriage and headed out into the streets. Meghan was all, “holy crap.” Then when they ended the crowd tour she had the visible hand to the chest of “whew.”

And the hats may have been better but Bea’s dress was a bit lampshadey.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a lovely day to remember. I remember watching Charles and Diana get married, William and Kate and now Harry and Meghan. 

Out of all of them, I like today's the best. It was very heartfelt and genuine.

17 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

What a lovely day to remember. I remember watching Charles and Diana get married, William and Kate and now Harry and Meghan. 

Out of all of them, I like today's the best. It was very heartfelt and genuine.

Plus it sounds like they have the best cake of the lot.

(I clearly have my priorities straight. :pb_lol:)

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Plus it sounds like they have the best cake of the lot.

That is a super important element of the wedding! 

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is a super important element of the wedding! 

There’s nothing worse than going to a wedding where the cake flavors suck.

To repeat myself and agree with some previous posters.....I was vastly disappointed in the dress and am sorry I dragged myself out of bed so early just to see that. It was blah to me. And the American preacher was too much as I heard one comment that he was “stealing the show” which you never ever ever should do at a wedding. 

People are not coming to be enlightened, if that hasn’t happened it just might not happen then either. 

But Harry and Meghan are happy and very, very rich. I will always be disappointed about the dress. Maybe if I hadn’t gotten up so early I would be kinder about it. 

I'm actually pretty amused by people's reactions to her dress. Weeks ago I put my bet in for a totally simple, unembellished sheath dress with a high cowl neck and some kind of sleeve. I said absolutely no buttons, lace or adornments/bling on the gown and then joked that she'd end up in some sparkly ball gown. :pb_lol: Had a few "good guess" messages today! 

Personally, I wish she'd gone for an elbow length sleeve and slightly better tailoring on the top but I do like the dress. Simple = timeless. 

Absolutely love the veil and the flowers embroidered on it, what a lovely inclusion. Her evening gown is really lovely too, again very simple but elegant. 

One of the commentators said they were given ear plugs for the carriage ride so the crowds didn't deafen them! 

Here's the cake:

wedding-cake-1526744281.jpg

Enjoyed watching along will y'all today, hope those of you who woke up at insane-o-clock manage to catch up on sleep! 

Can we find all the people on the internet who keep posting "I don't HAVE to care about the royal wedding 'cuz Murica! hurr hurr hurr" and give them a pat on the head and a cookie and send them off to bed?  None of us HAS to watch and discuss the royal family. We do it because it's fun. :P Yes I made a lemon cake today. I like lemon cake and hadn't had it in a while. Hearing about the royal one reminded me that they exist.

11 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I'm actually pretty amused by people's reactions to her dress. Weeks ago I put my bet in for a totally simple, unembellished sheath dress with a high cowl neck and some kind of sleeve. I said absolutely no buttons, lace or adornments/bling on the gown and then joked that she'd end up in some sparkly ball gown. :pb_lol: Had a few "good guess" messages today! 

Personally, I wish she'd gone for an elbow length sleeve and slightly better tailoring on the top but I do like the dress. Simple = timeless. 

Absolutely love the veil and the flowers embroidered on it, what a lovely inclusion. Her evening gown is really lovely too, again very simple but elegant. 

One of the commentators said they were given ear plugs for the carriage ride so the crowds didn't deafen them! 

Here's the cake:

wedding-cake-1526744281.jpg

Enjoyed watching along will y'all today, hope those of you who woke up at insane-I-clock manage to catch up on sleep! 

Ooooh that looks so good.  If I had been there I would have said to hell with my surgeon and dietician and what my stomach is going to say to me afterwards, give me some of that.

And yeah, Saturdays are for sleeping in so I didn't wake up early for today's festivities. 

Forgot to say, for Wills and Kate's wedding everybody got an extra paid vacation day. A bunch of people in my office were bitching and complaining that they didn't want to watch the Royal Wedding and generally being miserable. I had to explain to them that they weren't actually required to WATCH the wedding and were free to utilise their day off however they liked! Ridiculous.

(Yes, this was the same office that started sticker madness in the Joystin thread). 

7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

A mommy blogger I follow (but do not personally know) on instagram said this and it sticks in my craw so bad I'm going to tell you guys about it here instead of exploding her account like I want to. 

I just....okay, beyond calling African-American sermonizing subnormal here, did she listen to the same sermon I did? Because that thing was full of Jesus and God. WTF. Also, if she didn't get what Rev. Curry was getting at, she is part of the problem. Yeesh. 

According to this, he said "Jesus" five times and God 18 times.

http://time.com/5283953/royal-wedding-sermon-transcript/ 

I'm assuming the Mommy blogger is somewhat fundie?

It seems to me fundie's do not want to hear about love.  They want to hear about accepting Jesus as your personal savior or go to HELL!!!  And whatever quote from Paul that serves their purposes.  That's all.

Jesus himself mentioned loving God and each other are the two commandments that abolish all others.  You rarely hear fundie's talk about that though.

If any of you follow the Lori Alexander threads, she actually gets offended that some Christian speakers talk about God/Jesus and love.

In her little mind, Christianity is all about following a set of rules. 

Someone on the earlier thread was asking about the Coptic Orthodox patriarch was said a prayer near the end of the service.  It probably was a tribute to Harry's great-grandmother, Prince Philip's mother, Princess Alice of Greece.  After WWII, she became an Greek Orthodox nun. During the war, she helped save Jews in Greece.  She is counted as one of the Righteous Among the Nations as Yad Vashem and I think the Episcopal Church honors her as a saint.  She is buried on the Mount of Olives as was her wish.  She was an extraordinary woman!

By the time I got up this morning, the wedding was just about over. We saw a few minutes of it live but then we decided to have coffee and wait until the rerun which was fortunately right after the carriage ride after the service. Even then, I didn't watch all of it. Just bits and pieces.  I thought her dress was lovely, I like understated and classy and it was certainly that. I loved the veil, I would have had a super long one like that if it had not cost more than my dress! Along with the British flowers embroidered on it, it also had the California state flower which was a nice touch.

Harry was so adorable, he was teary and obviously very happy. They do seem to be very much in love. They seem very sweet with each other.

Meghan's mom is lovely and she was so proud! Meghan looks a lot like her mom.

I like the reception dress but I'm not crazy about it. But it is pretty.

I think it was a very nice wedding.

Also - Meghan has a beagle!  I'm a beagle mom, too.  The picture I've seen of the beagle riding in the car with Queen Elizabeth has been getting a lot of showing on my beagle forums.

Why didn't Harry have a handkerchief for his tears.  He could have placed it up his sleeve and used it as needed?

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Lol! She’s 17 months

No she is not!!!! Where the hell did the time go??? I can't believe VelociBaby is now VelociToddler! Holy crap! Wasn't she just born like a month ago???

I'm just sitting down to watch the wedding. For some reason they played Charles and Diana's wedding, and the commentary was unintentionally hilarious with them going on about the fairy tale and how much in love they were. 

No hat commentary yet. 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

But Harry and Meghan are happy and very, very rich.

I might be the only person who sniggered at the vow part of "for richer, for poorer"

3 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I might be the only person who sniggered at the vow part of "for richer, for poorer"

It occurred to me that was a bit odd. 

7 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Nope. I always eyeroll when I hear that line from super rich people.

The purple hat early on. OMG it's so beautiful. The whole thing works. 

Idris Elba looks fabulous. I love him and I'm still kind of mad that he isn't the 13th Doctor. (not that I know if he was even in the running, but he was my personal choice.)

Just for fun I decided to go down a google rabbit hole of looking at photos of her wedding dress from her Suits finale. I suppose now we know what a ball gown option would’ve looked like on her.

514A04C8-41A3-4142-AD39-E7B50BF6F59E.thumb.jpeg.f415eae6fc60b2c6613add0f09e57ce2.jpeg9680BBB9-3DE9-4697-BDE5-650110A004F4.thumb.png.aa4c6aa6104b6843e02baae6e007b9fc.png

I happened to remember just in time to pop onto youtube and caught the song before the formalities.  Funny cos several years ago I visited the USA briefly (my first overseas trip) and was jetlagged awake in the middle of the first night in my hotel room so I switched the TV on out of curiosity and the (previous) royal wedding was on every channel (the car was arriving) so I decided to watch.  So I figured I might as well catch this one live too, and I'm happy I succeeded, barely.

As for all the details... shrug.

Just now, Seculardaisy said:

Just for fun I decided to go down a google rabbit hole of looking at photos of her wedding dress from her Suits finale.

Ew. I don't love it. Since Rachel married Mike, is Mike staying with the show, or did he leave too? I'd hate to see a divorce right after they got married. I missed a couple seasons. I might get back to them at some point but I kind of felt like they were out of stories to tell after jail.

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Ew. I don't love it. Since Rachel married Mike, is Mike staying with the show, or did he leave too? I'd hate to see a divorce right after they got married. I missed a couple seasons. I might get back to them at some point but I kind of felt like they were out of stories to tell after jail.

I just started watching the show on a slow day at work. I read somewhere they both left in the last season.

Just now, Seculardaisy said:

I just started watching the show on a slow day at work. I read somewhere they both left in the last season.

Crap! I'm sorry for the spoiler. :-X

I feel like Meghan went with the look she did because she liked it, but also because it sends a message. She didn’t have any bling or embellishments or heavy makeup or anything. She very easily could have, but she purposely chose not to. She looked like herself and that, I think, was important to her after the reaction when their relationship first went public. To me, her simple look is a strong statement that she is enough and she is beautiful for the person she is - a black actress and humanitarian from California. The fact that so many elements honoring her black and American roots were included is also a strong statement in that regard, as is Prince Charles walking her through part of the Church, but it also states her husband and in-laws accept her for the person she is and always has been as well.

I think that’s a powerful and important message to send. There are still people writing racist crap about her and, in my opinion, the choices they made were as much a reflection of their taste as it was a way to say those racist opinions don’t matter.

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

He left at the end of the same season as Meghan. They were both moving in that direction and her relationship with Harry kind of made the decision easier for them. 

25 minutes ago, Destiny said:

No she is not!!!! Where the hell did the time go??? I can't believe VelociBaby is now VelociToddler! Holy crap! Wasn't she just born like a month ago???

I'm just sitting down to watch the wedding. For some reason they played Charles and Diana's wedding, and the commentary was unintentionally hilarious with them going on about the fairy tale and how much in love they were. 

No hat commentary yet. 

I know! This has happened a few times on FJ recently where someone couldn’t believe how old she was. My husband and I can’t believe it sometimes too. She went from this tiny adorable blob to a tiny little person constantly running around, getting into everything, and saying actual words (she’s up to around 8 right now!) Its insane to me that she’ll be 18 months at the start of June. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Crap! I'm sorry for the spoiler. :-X

No biggie. I read a bit about the show on Wikipedia before I started watching haha. It passes my slower work evenings.

Archived