IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

5 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:
  Hide contents

Neither Lori or I believe that somehow just because one is a Christian God is going to send all they need from Amazon.com. We also know that there can be exceptions, and maybe you are one of them. But what we know more than anything else is that God keeps His Word, and those who step out in faith and do things God’s ways reap His many blessings.

You fault Lori for not seeing that the exceptions to God’s ways is just a few wealthy moms who really could stay home with their children, yet mothers throughout history and in the world today, in far poorer circumstances than in America with food stamps, were able to stay home with their children and raise them. Something is broken in this country and in the church. 

I think I know what is broken and that is that America’s love has grown cold. We talk a good game about how much we love, yet love means service, and service means sacrifice. Those grandparents you speak of know what love is about. We would do the same for our kids if it came to that, and even if they had gotten themselves into the trouble by the bad choices of following the world’s ways. 

I am convinced that with what Lori knows now she would definitely choose food stamps to stay home with her babies if she had to. She was fortune to choose wisely and marry a man who loves the Lord and understands his responsibility to provide for the family. My heart breaks for the single Mom’s and the Mom’s married to dead beat Dad’s. I have tried to help many in my career as this is a place where my heart aches, just as much as it aches to watch the 500+ single Mom’s I have known show up to work and leave their babies behind… and yes, to them it seems mandatory. But can you see that is not God’s ideal? 

In our first years of marriage it was Lori who cared for a neighborhood teen who had her baby at home and her Dad kicked her out. She has seen the destitute first hand and lent her loving helping hand for many months. 

Life is all about choices and we want people to make good ones. If you can’t stay home with your babies, go in peace and in my prayers that the Lord will allow you to stay home at some point with them. Life has to be dealt with and not everything works out the way we dreamed or would like. Lori’s message is to get wives and mothers thinking so they can choose wisely and she may overstate her case at times as she tries to withstand the flood of feminism and the world’s ways.

@Ken's response on 2.0 with regard to poverty & working mothers. (Its long, I bolded a couple of key statements)

In essence they believe poverty is a result of poor, worldly choices and that it's an "exception". He wouldn't address my point of work incidents or unavoidable situations that do harm to a family's stability.

I guess Lori would tell me adult onset diabetes is the persons own fault, not genetics. And I'm sure she believes men primarily work in nice offices or safe buildings. Industry & service workers are "exceptions".

Their combined privileged attitude is what makes my blood boil. I can deal with bitchy or ignorant, it's the self righteousness that gets me. 

Ken's abuse of the apostrophe is killing me. He abuses it so regularly that I am convinced he is just ignorant. Ken---use the apostrophe to show the POSSESSIVE. As in "Lori's nanny" or "Ken's misogyny" or "Trump's escapades in Russia."

NEVER use it to make something plural. That is just plain wrong and shows your incredible ignorance of basic grammar. 

If you are talking about many dads, you would say "There are a lot of dads who stay at home but they will burn in hell." Never say,  "There are a lot of dad's who stay at home but they will burn in hell." That is grammatically incorrect. You are using the apostrophe to make something plural and no one does that.

And you should only capitalize if it is the name of something. "My dad" is not a name. "Many dads" is not a name. "Where is Dad?" is correct, because the speaker is address their father by the name "Dad."

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did someone say, Do a Lori re-write? I have taken the challenge:

My mom fed us organic foods since the time I was five years old. I mostly eat organic foods and fed it to my children when they were growing up. Yes, it’s more expensive but I don’t want all of the toxic chemicals sprayed on foods that are conventionally grown.

My mom fed us organically raised food since the time I was five years old. I mostly eat organic foods and fed it to my children when they were growing up. I have been very lucky--I have always been able to buy organic without really noticing the higher cost. I realize that's not possible for many  people nowadays and I don't want to minimize their struggle. I know that no one--rich or poor-- wants all of the toxic chemicals sprayed on foods that are conventionally grown. We all want the same thing, healthy food for our families and especially our children.

I have been reading a book called “The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love” by Kristin Kimball. Someone recommended it on one of the blogs I follow. It’s not a Christian book. She’s a feminist and they lived together before marriage. She didn’t want to take her husband’s last name since she liked her last name and none of her married friends took their husband’s last name. Her husband told her he would take her last name then because he didn’t want their children to have hyphened last names. (It shows the sorry state of today’s feminized culture.)

I have been reading a book called “The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love” by Kristin Kimball. Someone recommended it on one of the blogs I follow. Ms. Kimball is not a Christian like I am. I don't agree with many of her choices, like choosing not to take her husband's name. But I realize that we all have free will, and besides, I don't judge a person based on small, legalistic matters like that.

After they married, she wanted a break from her husband and went to Maui for a job but while there, she figured this out: “It wasn’t Mark or the farm or marriage I was trying to shake loose from but my own imperfect self, and even if I kept moving, she would dog me all the way around the world, forever.” So she went home.

They fought often about ways to do things on the farm even though he had farmed for many years and she had only been a city, career woman up until they met. It clearly shows the trouble when there is no leader or head. She finally realized another great truth after her time in Maui: “Without me to struggle against, without the constant chaos of our first growing season, without the pressure of our impending wedding, he seemed to have found his own steady rhythm. I worked my way into it, looking for the harmony this time, instead of conflict.”

She and her husband had a lot of conflict in their marriage, and she even left him for a time. However, since I wasn't there, I really couldn't say who was at fault. I wouldn't presume to judge. Marriage can be difficult.

This book is about a couple who decided they wanted to farm without any chemicals (toxic or  non-toxic) and grow almost all of their own food. They wanted to be able to sell the food year round to families so it’s quite an adventure that they took upon themselves. Their lives are difficult but rewarding. She learned to love it!

There are a few things that I want to point out from this book. The first one being God’s curse to man after the Fall.

It’s a lot easier to spray crops with a bunch of toxic chemicals that kill weeds than it is to deal with the weeds without the chemicals which this couple and many other organic farmers do. Organic farmers take on God’s curse and conventional farmers have learned how to avoid it with great cost to the health of many.

This couple’s cows grazed on clover and grass in the warmer weather and on hay (that they had made) during the cold months instead of on GMO corn like conventional cows are fed today. All of their animals ate the foods they were created to eat, thus the eggs and meat they provided were nutritious and building up of one’s health instead of tearing it down.

The toxic chemicals that conventional farmers use aren’t only killing the weeds. They are killing the worms which make the soil rich and full of nutrients and the crops soak up the toxic chemicals that people eat. The chemicals are killing our bees which are essential and they are polluting our environment. Then we wonder why cancer rates are so high today.

I think the problem of large-scale food production is a complex one. We certainly need conventionally grown fruits and vegetables, since organically grown foods are often too expensive for most people. But I also believe that many pesticides and fungicides are unhealthy for humans and that it's best to find a natural solution where possible. But I know that not all chemicals are "toxic," and some are harmless or even essential for life (like water!). And certainly, diseases like cancer are extremely complex and cannot be blamed on conventional food production. The cause of cancer is a combination of genetics, environment and lifestyle choices. I can't say that "chemicals" are the boogyman that causes all cancers.

I shop at a locally owned health food store. All of their produce is organic and marked with labels that tell where and how far away the food was produced so we are getting food that isn’t sprayed with chemicals and is freshly picked. Along with eating organic foods, I have learned to make Einkorn Sourdough bread, kefir, fermented vegetables, and chicken broth. None of these things are very expensive but it’s worth it to do what I can for good health then leave the rest in the Lord’s hands. Man cannot improve upon food the way God created it to be eaten.

I am very lucky to have the time and money to make special foods that I like. But everyone is different. You might find kefir and fermented veggies to be disgusting (Ken thinks so, lol!). I don't have all the answers, but I do know it's better to eat nonorganic food than to be evicted. Do the best you can with the choices available to you. I'd be happy to hear any of your suggestions, because I am always learning.

7 hours ago, Curious said:
17 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

That's a great idea!   We have the regular blog option here which any member can have or I could put a blog in the Lori Alexander Accountability Club for people who want to rewrite her articles from a positive rather than negative viewpoint.

So many members here so things in much better ways than Lori does.   Maybe people would find our posts rather than Lori's and people could be saved the pain she will invariably cause.   We have better SEO than she does ;)

I like this idea! Many people on here write a lot of great things and have experiences to share so I think an added blog to her accountability page would be great! I know that I don't typically write enough to do blogging but would like to occasionally do a rewrite. 

Yeaasss let's use the power of Google! 

Great job on rewriting Lori's articles! I hope Lori will have an editor or female mentor who could review her articles before she posts, but it seems that's unlikely. 

I used to join the Always Learning Chat Room for Men. Ken usually posted the latest blog article or social media post of The Transformed Wife and asked for feedback. A couple of men would comment, and there seemed nothing controversial or harmful about that forum. In fact, it was so boring that I deactivated the Facebook account that I used to join. 

I really felt bad that Lori hit Ken. Even if it was just one time, it is abuse. Hitting your husband is not submission, Lori. I hope that Lori will come clean on this.

She can follow Saint Paul who used to persecute Christians but later changed and became a missionary for Christ.  If Lori was really changed by the Holy Spirit, she can write her story or testimony on how she changed from hitting her husband (once) and her children (many times) to becoming a peaceful keeper at home.

6 hours ago, Hisey said:

Did someone say, Do a Lori re-write? I have taken the challenge:

My mom fed us organic foods since the time I was five years old. I mostly eat organic foods and fed it to my children when they were growing up. Yes, it’s more expensive but I don’t want all of the toxic chemicals sprayed on foods that are conventionally grown.

My mom fed us organically raised food since the time I was five years old. I mostly eat organic foods and fed it to my children when they were growing up. I have been very lucky--I have always been able to buy organic without really noticing the higher cost. I realize that's not possible for many  people nowadays and I don't want to minimize their struggle. I know that no one--rich or poor-- wants all of the toxic chemicals sprayed on foods that are conventionally grown. We all want the same thing, healthy food for our families and especially our children.

I have been reading a book called “The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love” by Kristin Kimball. Someone recommended it on one of the blogs I follow. It’s not a Christian book. She’s a feminist and they lived together before marriage. She didn’t want to take her husband’s last name since she liked her last name and none of her married friends took their husband’s last name. Her husband told her he would take her last name then because he didn’t want their children to have hyphened last names. (It shows the sorry state of today’s feminized culture.)

I have been reading a book called “The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love” by Kristin Kimball. Someone recommended it on one of the blogs I follow. Ms. Kimball is not a Christian like I am. I don't agree with many of her choices, like choosing not to take her husband's name. But I realize that we all have free will, and besides, I don't judge a person based on small, legalistic matters like that.

After they married, she wanted a break from her husband and went to Maui for a job but while there, she figured this out: “It wasn’t Mark or the farm or marriage I was trying to shake loose from but my own imperfect self, and even if I kept moving, she would dog me all the way around the world, forever.” So she went home.

They fought often about ways to do things on the farm even though he had farmed for many years and she had only been a city, career woman up until they met. It clearly shows the trouble when there is no leader or head. She finally realized another great truth after her time in Maui: “Without me to struggle against, without the constant chaos of our first growing season, without the pressure of our impending wedding, he seemed to have found his own steady rhythm. I worked my way into it, looking for the harmony this time, instead of conflict.”

She and her husband had a lot of conflict in their marriage, and she even left him for a time. However, since I wasn't there, I really couldn't say who was at fault. I wouldn't presume to judge. Marriage can be difficult.

This book is about a couple who decided they wanted to farm without any chemicals (toxic or  non-toxic) and grow almost all of their own food. They wanted to be able to sell the food year round to families so it’s quite an adventure that they took upon themselves. Their lives are difficult but rewarding. She learned to love it!

There are a few things that I want to point out from this book. The first one being God’s curse to man after the Fall.

It’s a lot easier to spray crops with a bunch of toxic chemicals that kill weeds than it is to deal with the weeds without the chemicals which this couple and many other organic farmers do. Organic farmers take on God’s curse and conventional farmers have learned how to avoid it with great cost to the health of many.

This couple’s cows grazed on clover and grass in the warmer weather and on hay (that they had made) during the cold months instead of on GMO corn like conventional cows are fed today. All of their animals ate the foods they were created to eat, thus the eggs and meat they provided were nutritious and building up of one’s health instead of tearing it down.

The toxic chemicals that conventional farmers use aren’t only killing the weeds. They are killing the worms which make the soil rich and full of nutrients and the crops soak up the toxic chemicals that people eat. The chemicals are killing our bees which are essential and they are polluting our environment. Then we wonder why cancer rates are so high today.

I think the problem of large-scale food production is a complex one. We certainly need conventionally grown fruits and vegetables, since organically grown foods are often too expensive for most people. But I also believe that many pesticides and fungicides are unhealthy for humans and that it's best to find a natural solution where possible. But I know that not all chemicals are "toxic," and some are harmless or even essential for life (like water!). And certainly, diseases like cancer are extremely complex and cannot be blamed on conventional food production. The cause of cancer is a combination of genetics, environment and lifestyle choices. I can't say that "chemicals" are the boogyman that causes all cancers.

I shop at a locally owned health food store. All of their produce is organic and marked with labels that tell where and how far away the food was produced so we are getting food that isn’t sprayed with chemicals and is freshly picked. Along with eating organic foods, I have learned to make Einkorn Sourdough bread, kefir, fermented vegetables, and chicken broth. None of these things are very expensive but it’s worth it to do what I can for good health then leave the rest in the Lord’s hands. Man cannot improve upon food the way God created it to be eaten.

I am very lucky to have the time and money to make special foods that I like. But everyone is different. You might find kefir and fermented veggies to be disgusting (Ken thinks so, lol!). I don't have all the answers, but I do know it's better to eat nonorganic food than to be evicted. Do the best you can with the choices available to you. I'd be happy to hear any of your suggestions, because I am always learning.

If Spouse Abusing Lying Lori wrote like this, we’d all find something else to do with our time.  Since she doesn’t,  not at all, we will continue to make sure the world knows what a bitch she is. Because she is a danger to the world. 

What a difference a change in attitude would make. 

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I like this idea! Many people on here write a lot of great things and have experiences to share so I think an added blog to her accountability page would be great! I know that I don't typically write enough to do blogging but would like to occasionally do a rewrite. 

Yeaasss let's use the power of Google! 

I have made one here:

Everyone that is in the club should be able to add posts there, but if anyone runs into problems, let me know.  I'm still figuring out how clubs work to a large extent.

13 hours ago, Curious said:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!   OMG I love bunnies so much.  I'm very jealous.   Do you have house bunnies?   I watch a lady on youtube sometimes that has house bunnies and they are so adorable (and destructive, but I like how she views it as a part of having house bunnies and works on management issues rather than punishing bunnies)

I have 2 house bunnies :my_biggrin: they are allowed to hop around the house as they please, though certain areas are off limits (they just LOVE cables...)

I also use a bitter tasting spray for some of the furniture, the same stuff used in shampoo,... to keep little kids from drinking it.

http://www.bitrex.com/

Bunnies are actually really clean animals, it's easy to get them to use a cat litter box.

Bunbun was a wild bunny.

There's a rescue station near where I live who specialize in raising wild baby animals. Sometimes they get overcrowded...

10908_493263924056500_85165931_n.jpg

182576_506029266113299_274610535_n.jpg

DO YOU HAVE A SEXLESS MARRIAGE?

Lori, perhaps no one has ever told you, but this isn't an appropriate question to ask others.  

1 Thessalonians 4:11 says that you (Lori Alexander) should study to DO YOUR OWN BUSINESS.  1 Timothy 5:13 warns you (Lori Alexander) NOT BE A BUSYBODY or a TATTLER.  Titus 2:5 says that you (Lori Alexander) should be DISCREET.

You may not be aware, but what goes on in someone's bedroom is NOT your business.  "Anna's" story?  It should have never been told (especially by the person she confided in, for it wasn't their story to tell).  All those stories you tell on your blog?  The ones about the people you "mentor"?  Telling them makes you a tattler.  You shouldn't do that- those things were told to you in confidence, by people who mistakenly thought you were a godly woman.

Finally, you well know that you have a rather large male audience.  Your frequent posts about sex are completely inappropriate.  No one in their right mind would consider such discussions modest or discreet, especially in mixed company.  

Unfortunately, this seems to be a pet subject for you, but remind yourself that a person who loves God and His "ways" would never have such talk attributed to them.  These conversations are best left for private.  Hope that helps.

Koala 

Side note- People who have issues in their marriage should definitely seek help if they wish.  That said, help should be sought from qualified individuals- something Lori will never be.  

The story of Anna is horrific.  The person who gave her advice was an idiot, pure and simple. 

Couple of things I feel compelled to point out:

There were extenuating circumstances that we talked about, and things I could and did say later to Michael

Notice how "Micheal's" image is carefully protected, but "Anna" is gleefully shoved under the bus. 

If there were "extenuating circumstances", that might easily explain Anna's feelings, why hold them back?  It's not like we aren't already airing her dirty laundry.  Seems strange that the detail they hold back, is the one that might explain everything.  

Finally, this bit?  This is vulgar, inappropriate, and wrong on so many fucking levels.  I can't even....

I asked her to imagine her oldest son all grown up, married, and with small kids. He works a busy job and travels through a pornographic world. His vocation requires him to be around young, energetic women, he’s a star in their galaxy, and he also happens to have a high sex drive.

“Okaaaay…,” Anna said.

“You want your son to be a faithful husband and a man of integrity, right?”

“Of course.”

“And because you raised him right, he’s doing his best. But I want you to consider this: If your future daughter-in-law treated him like you’re treating Michael right now, would you be frustrated with her or grateful to her?”

Anna, a mother of five children all under eight years of age, ... married to Michael ...

Michael has a high sex drive, and Anna has almost none. She’s understandably concerned that as Michael’s star at work rises, particularly with younger associates and interns, he could be targeted for sexual temptation. But she’s not concerned enough to have sex nearly as often as Michael would like.

Five kids under 8, and he's pissy because he's not getting sex enough? And apparently, there's a threat -- real or imagined -- that he'll cheat on her unless she steps up her bedroom game? You've got to be kidding me. 

Once a month might qualify as a "sexless marriage," but it seems to me this is a temporary thing rather than a permanent thing. After all, you don't get five kids under 8 by NOT having sex. Surely this guy can be a bit more understanding and patient with his wife, or, better yet, get her some help with the kids so that she has the energy for sex. 

"But I want you to consider this: If your future daughter-in-law treated (your son) like you’re treating Michael right now, would you be frustrated with her or grateful to her?”

A. This is a disgustingly inappropriate question.

B. As a mother of all boys, this gets my hackles up big time. If one of my sons had fathered that many kids in that short a period and had come to me whining that his wife wasn't interested in sex anymore, I'd be hard-pressed not to smack the shit out of him (and I don't even hit my kids!). I suspect their father would be right behind me in line. "You treat your wife with kindness, love and respect. She's the mother of your children, and you'd damn well better put your sex drive and lust on the back burner while she's working her butt off to keep her head above water and your kids happy and healthy. Oh, and one more thing, young man, how about you put a little of your extra energy into HELPING HER. Now get out of my face before I really tear you a new one." As if someone's dick is ever more important than someone else's physical and emotional health.

Final note: Yes, I know, I know, men equate love and sex all the time. I do get that. I understand that sex is an important part of marriage for most couples. HOWEVER, this isn't a woman who is denying her husband for shits and giggles. This sounds like an exhausted and frustrated young mother and a, from what I can see in this excerpt, supremely selfish, self-absorbed man. I have zero sympathy for him as this story is written. 

Lori has it stuck in her mind that it's always the woman's fault. Her marriage counseling is awful and it is obvious why no churches will allow her keep up the "mentoring" bullshit. 

I am not a counselor. I have only worked with children and other co-workers, but there's a lesson I learned many moons ago that is quite accurate and I would think certainly applies to any counseling.

"There's two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in-between." Clearly, Lori has never heard that. 

Post I was taken from Gary Thomas, a pretty complementarian author who writes stuff on marriage, I've seen excerpts from his books that would probably not make me read them. 

Anyways, as a to be licensed counselor I'd never use that illustration with her because it shame inducing. You don't just shame people. Also the "I talked to Michael" probably means A) he's already had one affair. B. He's threatened one. Or C.) he's a porn addict. I mean I haven't read the book but it's common enough. 

My approach not in any particular order: an honest non-judgmental discussion on her sex history and how's she's experiences sex and what she was taught about it. Her thought processes and what's she's feeling before, during, and after sex.   Physically what is she experiencing? Pain? Too tired? Tightness? Is her husband a safe place and a person she wants to have sex with? What's their current relationship like? How are the kids managed? 

In that would be a discussion on how she can communicate her thoughts, feelings, and experience to her husband. I'd probably bring them both in for discussion. If he's a sex addict he would be referred to additional sex addiction counseling. 

Basically, I wouldn't take a one size fits all approach to her. I'd want to explore her real life experiences in a compassionate manner. Heck, she could also be experiencing PPD depending on when the littlest was born. If she's depressed that could significantly lower her sex drive. 

He seems to be taking the issue from a very complementarian male perspective with little empathy to what she is going through as a woman, wife, and mother. He shames her by using an inappropriate illustration that discounts her experiences. Overall a rated performance of 0/10. Grrrrrr 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-05-28-11-29-25.thumb.png.0f9df077bf5e5fb3def2f1e3a7c98d3d.png

I'm having trouble making sense of the second line.

"that there power in the is blood"

"that there is power blood in the..."

I went to college in a very small town. When I moved into an apartment I was only able to work part time. I lived off of $50 bucks a week for groceries and personal products from Walmart. For some that may be a lot of money for food. While for others that’s nothing. I ate a lot of the same things everyday and I was very greatful to have that money for the food. 

21 minutes ago, SuperNova said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I know that song. I think what it means is that the blood Jesus shed on the cross has the power to save us from our sins.

33 minutes ago, SuperNova said:
  Hide contents

“...That there is power in the blood”

Really weird typesetting though. 

7 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

“...That there is power in the blood”

This whole idea of Jesus dying to redeem our sins is what turned me off Christianity way back when I was a kid who decided to tackle the Bible as bedtime reading. It's hard for me to describe now how I felt at 10, but the idea of an omnipotent God who couldn't figure out a better solution than to sacrifice his son just weirded me out. I can get behind Jesus as a teacher of the golden rule, and I loved that King James language, but the basic premise just never worked for me.

No more dreaded glares from using toddler leashes!

This seems like something fundies would use...

Are those for real?

Screenshot_2018-05-28-21-21-29.png

@squiddysquid, it’s a joke—an empty box sold as a gag gift.

@older than allosaurs, this reasoning kicked me towards agnosticism several years ago: After reading a passage that said, “Jesus died for your sins!” I automatically thought, without the slightest intent, “I never asked him to.”  I’ve always had a strong conviction regarding personal responsibility—anything I do wrong is my own fault and it’s up to me to apologize and make it right. Someone else’s sacrifice cannot, in my mind, absolve me from any wrongdoing I’ve committed. 

I believe in the “tabula rasa” concept of humans:  that our soul is a blank slate when we begin life. I agree that human beings are imperfect and capable of not doing the right thing, but I do not conflate this with the idea of everyone—even newborn babies!—having a “sin nature.” I was taught in Catholic religious ed that “sinning” was a conscious decision to commit injury to oneself or others.

14 minutes ago, Hane said:

I was taught in Catholic religious ed that “sinning” was a conscious decision to commit injury to oneself or others.

I could actually accept that definition much more than the one I was taught, that sin was 'falling short,' so even a mistake could be called sin if there wasn't immediate repentance, and restitution if it affected someone else.  The conscious decision component simply makes more sense.  

8 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

I have 2 house bunnies :my_biggrin: they are allowed to hop around the house as they please, though certain areas are off limits (they just LOVE cables..

I can’t cope with how cute all those buns are!! 

Here’s our little guy on a rare, venture out of the house day. He’s definitely becoming a little old man, but still loves his cuddles (and his spot under the radiator) 

IMG_5755.thumb.JPG.c0e07bf5367935089de3a3d75a30139a.JPG

So Lori hits adults as well as kids! Can’t say I’m surprised, she’s as evil and nasty as they come. Having said that, due to Ken’s ‘nothing wrong with pining the wife up against the wall’ attitude, I’d be shocked if it wasn’t a two way violent relationship. 

And she can claim the ‘Ive changed’ card all she likes but It seems to me that that they have both just redirected the nasty, spiteful attitudes towards others instead of each other. 

Even more reason why these two numptys shouldn’t be offering relationship advice, unless it begins and ends with ‘don’t do what we do as we have a toxic relationship and get off on causing pain and evil’. 

Well, shoot, you are all making me want to share some pics of my cavies. :D

Spoiler

DSCN1115_(1).thumb.JPG.64eafc8e4bd3c03181972a83a3c24680.JPGDSCN1113.thumb.JPG.d8286c5bdca73cc3868d008eebe04091.JPG

(I actually have five altogether. But ... you know ... that'd be an awful lot of pics to share, lol.)

If this turns into a fluffy pets thread, I won't be able to help myself- totally going to post a pic of my puppy (who's almost 5).  :my_heart:  All of these pictures are too sweet!

As for Lori-

As predicted, Earl and Charles chimed right in on today's sex post.  My, but she's such a modest, discreet mentor!

She immediately replied the following to Charles:

Ridiculous.PNG.36baa71e5df89805ab57876475045db9.PNG

Number one, she is only getting one side of the story, but she buys into without question.  

Number two, she assigns the worst possible motives to women she has never met, and knows absolutely nothing about: selfish/only concerned about themselves/disobeying God.  She has no clue at all...she just wants to talk....she wants to be an authority, and condemn others.  Makes.me.sick.

One reader writes the following comment AFTER Lori has answered Charles:

These posts are always amusing…I’m in a sexless marriage but it’s my husband whose not interested

Lori replies...

I only write to women, Katy....

No dear, look up.  You just addressed Charles.  Not Ken, you.  You addressed Charles.  You also frequently advise women to give copies of your post to various men in their lives.  Surely you realize that, right?  

(I think I'd rather believe she's lying, than believe she's really that dense.)

Surely she could advise Katy on how to deal with the sexlessness in her marriage? Isn't that what a "teacher of women" would do, rather than tell Katy to shhh while Lori talks to the menfolk? 

Would it help if I posted something non-fluffy? 

Spoiler

IMG_20180516_084636228.thumb.jpg.c776bd60bb59fd7715a57170b4075769.jpg

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

This whole idea of Jesus dying to redeem our sins is what turned me off Christianity way back when I was a kid who decided to tackle the Bible as bedtime reading. It's hard for me to describe now how I felt at 10, but the idea of an omnipotent God who couldn't figure out a better solution than to sacrifice his son just weirded me out. I can get behind Jesus as a teacher of the golden rule, and I loved that King James language, but the basic premise just never worked for me.

I'm big on personal responsibility, too.  

So, here is god, who, frankly, can do anything he damn well pleases.  He could just wave a magic wand and we'd all be in heaven.  But, no, he sends his son, his SON!, to die a painful death to redeem the world which he could have done by just changing his attitude a bit and lowering the expectations he has on imperfect human beings.  Or, even more importantly, god could have come to earth himself and died his own horrible death.  So much for a loving father.

Part snark and absolute truth.  No wonder I don't believe in this god.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived