IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

9 minutes ago, Liza said:

@polecat   She has to be lying because she made two different comments on different sites.  On facebook, no it is not my grandchild and on iinstagram, welcome to my newest grandchild.   She cant be that confused can she?

I think she was talking about the photo on her blog post from that day. 

Screenshot 2018-05-26 at 1.45.47 PM.png

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, polecat said:

She kicked the cat so hard that when she missed and hit the wall instead, she broke her toe. 

Instant karma! :pb_lol:

Nursing baby bunny hidden in spoiler, the closest experience I have to nursing a baby :my_biggrin: Bunbun never bit me...bunbun

From Lori's IG:

"Most women have no desire to serve their husbands because they are selfish and lazy."

I am sure she means the wives are the selfish and lazy ones. 

So, she thinks "most women" are selfish and lazy. And "most women" won't even give their husband a food massage, when asked (a foot massage was the subject of the doodle). 

Interesting view she has about "most" women and "most" marriages. What a shame all marriages can't be like hers!

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

Instant karma! :pb_lol:

Nursing baby bunny hidden in spoiler, the closest experience I have to nursing a baby :my_biggrin: Bunbun never bit me...bunbun

I loved seeing this. I’m a bunny person too (see name) but no longer have one because we are retired and travel quite a bit. Just yesterday I was talking to Mr. HB about how much I miss them and how they kept us so entertained. (We had three dwarf rabbits, only one at a time, and they were spoiled rotten. I loved them!). 

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

No honey, y'all are a bunch of youngins. I remember going to the theater to see Star Wars when it first came out...and I was 13 at the time. I also remember when the albums The Grand Illusion, Frampton Comes Alive and Rumours came out. 

Damn, I'm fucking ancient!!!

I was 16.  Sigh.

Neck and neck in the 'Holiest Wife' race:

My daughter bought some myrrh and took it on her honeymoon and anointed her husband's feet.

I've rubbed his stinky feet for an hour at a time. I've even kissed them. Lol. He made a face, but I did it on purpose to show him that I didn't care about externals like that. That I just love him.

:puke-front:

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Oh lort. 

It's bad enough we know about Lori's kinks, but now we get to know about her foot-fetish-y readers' kinks. 

*dead*

(On a side note, after growing up in this environment, I really do find it highly entertaining when fundies start their "holier than thou" contests. Lady, no one cares if you get off on kissing your husband's stank-ass feet. Do you. But let's not pretend it's godly, mkay?)

Here is something I have been thinking of, it´s the underlined part

doodle.PNG.e61c4d3d8f266bad7255550db577986a.PNG

Why does this only apply to women? Shouldn´t it be the men who are the gratest of all :confused2:

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Ewwwwww. Does the woman with the myrrh think her husband is Jesus?  Did she wipe his feet with her hair too?  Also, the woman in the Bible did it in repentence. Jesus told the disciples, when they complained about the expensive perfume, that she understood what was going to happen to him and was preparing him for burial in Matthew 26:10-13.

I took a Lori break for a couple of days but man I come back to find that more of her evil deeds have been revealed. I've found that people often don't start out physical, it starts off with emotional or psychological abuse so I wonder what all Lori has done to Ken. And abuse is abuse Lori, you may regret it (which I doubt) but it was still abuse. Also I won't defend women abusers, they make me just as sick as men who abuse, but a man who hits his wife, even just once, can often do a heck of a lot more damage. One hit is all it takes to break someone's jaw, make them fall and break something else. One hit to leave a broken nose and bruised eyes. So she can spout this one hit bullshit all she wants but it doesn't change the nature of what happened and can happen. 

One the subject of spankings, I've had a few but often I'd just start crying because I felt bad and my dad couldn't go through with it. A traditional quick swat that didn't really hurt is what I got if he did spank me. And I'd have to do a lot to get that threat in the first place. My parents talked to us about what we did for the most part. My mother struggles with some emotional regulation both from her stroke and her own abusive childhood. So she could be a bit more harsh but she sure tried her best not to be. 

But I personally don't think I'd spank. I just can't justify it. I just can't think of how I'd be able to explain what I was doing to my children while telling them not to hit others. 

My older brother was a different story from me. He started getting in trouble from a young age, about 13? He dropped out of school by 16. I remember my dad having to physically restrain him while we waited for cops to come. I was probably less than 8 so I don't remember what happened to get to that point. There was a couple of times I know my dad came really close to giving him a good smack in the face, especially as he got into his 20-30s. My brother tends to be a very verbally abusive drunk who likes to get in your face and threaten violence. My dad admitted his temptation just to clock him in the head and he looked so defeated while saying that because normal parents don't want to beat their children no matter how old. If my dad can resist that temptation while being called horrible things and having horrible things said about his wife and daughters, I think Lori could have refrained from hitting Ken or her children. 

On a positive note, my brother has been sober since August. This is the longest he hasn't drank since I can remember and he's so much nicer to be around. He might be smoking weed but I literally don't care as long as he doesn't touch alcohol. He's been pretty close to death because of alcohol a couple of times. So thoughts and prayers on continued sobriety would be appreciated! 

Sorry for the über long post! 

Edit: I'd also appreciate prayers because I'm on the hunt for a job and I interviewed at a place I think I'd really like. They even mentioned a second position I qualified for so I'm hoping I'm going to be offered a job! So nervous 

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Liza, Lori's answer to Karen Franz make not a damn lick of sense.  Why would a photosharing site have a picture of Lori holding any baby?

Sarcasm. It doesn't become you, Lori. How was a total stranger supposed to know that was your granddaughter?

3 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

I was 16.  Sigh.

I was 15 but turned 16 later in the year that SW came out.  I did not see it in the theater, I am an original Star Trek fan and that was my thing.  I did eventually see Star Wars, it was re-released in the theaters, I think it was right before Empire Strikes Back came out.  I thought it was ok, it was fun and I did enjoy it.  But I'm not a huge fan and have not seen the last several movies.

As far as Lori, mental illness/sociopath, etc., Sociopath/Pyscopath as I understand it is a personality disorder and not a mental illness.  Mental illness can in some cases be treated, but I think that personality disorders are pretty much permanent.  I read a lot of Ann Rule and that was kind of how she described it in her book Small Sacrifices.  In many ways, Lori reminds me of Diane Downs.

If Lori's daughter were to adopt, I mentioned before that I don't see Lori accepting the child as her grandchild.  If her daughter were to adopt a baby that was maybe from another country/culture/skin color, I would not be surprised if Lori would disown the daughter.  

@Sarah92 sending prayers to you and for your brother.

DH’s dad had an alcohol problem (it’s been off and on- never impacted employment or necessities). He had a health scare and hasn’t had a drink in 2 1/2 years or so. His mother was an alcoholic and a couple of his siblings have also had troubles with alcoholism. DH drinks but is mindful of his family history. For his dad, I think he drank because of his anxiety. He’s an incredibly talented musician but take that “protection” from him and he has a really hard time.

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I read a lot of Ann Rule

I loved Ann Rule!  Small Sacrifices was my gateway book.

7 hours ago, Briefly said:

I was 15 but turned 16 later in the year that SW came out.  I did not see it in the theater, I am an original Star Trek fan and that was my thing.  I did eventually see Star Wars, it was re-released in the theaters, I think it was right before Empire Strikes Back came out.  I thought it was ok, it was fun and I did enjoy it.  But I'm not a huge fan and have not seen the last several movies.

As far as Lori, mental illness/sociopath, etc., Sociopath/Pyscopath as I understand it is a personality disorder and not a mental illness.  Mental illness can in some cases be treated, but I think that personality disorders are pretty much permanent.  I read a lot of Ann Rule and that was kind of how she described it in her book Small Sacrifices.  In many ways, Lori reminds me of Diane Downs.

If Lori's daughter were to adopt, I mentioned before that I don't see Lori accepting the child as her grandchild.  If her daughter were to adopt a baby that was maybe from another country/culture/skin color, I would not be surprised if Lori would disown the daughter.  

Lori wants her daughter to adopt. She's mentioned it in her videos. Like I said before, a cute white baby would likely be accepted by Lori, who seems to pay a huge amount of attention to appearances. A brown child, or a disabled one, or one from another country. . . that would be a child who'd stand out in her constant family pictures (do the Alexanders have a professional photographer on retainer?). Lori would not want to look bad by disowning the daughter, but I think she'd definitely favor the biological grandkids, while being superfically nice to the adopted one.

That's how narcissistic grandmas act. I know. I have adopted Asian children and a narcissistic mil. She did not accept my kids, not really, but has been superficially nice to them. Her bio grandkids, though, she deeply loves. The difference is obvious.

19 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Lori wants her daughter to adopt. She's mentioned it in her videos. Like I said before, a cute white baby would likely be accepted by Lori, who seems to pay a huge amount of attention to appearances. A brown child, or a disabled one, or one from another country. . . that would be a child who'd stand out in her constant family pictures (do the Alexanders have a professional photographer on retainer?). Lori would not want to look bad by disowning the daughter, but I think she'd definitely favor the biological grandkids, while being superfically nice to the adopted one.

That's how narcissistic grandmas act. I know. I have adopted Asian children and a narcissistic mil. She did not accept my kids, not really, but has been superficially nice to them. Her bio grandkids, though, she deeply loves. The difference is obvious.

That is so sad. I have been looking at adoption and foster sites lately. There are so many black and brown babies there being passed over. I would love to adopt them. I would totally skip biological kids and take in babies in need, I think. 

6 hours ago, Hisey said:

I could definitely see that being the case. "I have 7 real grandchildren and 1 adopted" type of person. Totally see her othering a child who does not fit her "ideal". Hell, if one of her biological grands were had a disability that was obvious, totally could her acting like some hero for "accepting" this child. She'd post about how she raised her child to be so pro-life that they refused to abort for a disability if it's something that could have been detected like Downs. She'd definitely do it for adopted children as well. She'd talk about exhausting a disabled child is and how great she is to "put up with it". If adopted, how great she is to "allow" the child to be a part of her family. How grateful the child should feel for Lori's child that Lori raised taking him/her from a bad situation/horrible country. She'd give passive aggressive jabs at how eating big organic Lori salads and magical Dr. Faux pills and salves could prevent disabilities like it does infertility. 

Also, if Alyssa does adopt and throws any sort of shower or gotcha day type party, especially if the new child has already joined the family, we all know what will happen. Lori will suddenly be "so sick" and show up whining how "ill" she is and barely made it to the event trying to take any attention away from Alyssa and Jon and their either new child or soon to be child. 

I only recently "discovered" the insanity and hatefulness that is Lori Alexander.
I have no words. Only memes.

Spoiler

Lori50shdsgrey.jpg

Loribad.jpg

Loribadagain.jpg

So I was reading Lori's recent feet rubbing post and was again reminded of how much I dislike her writing. The dig against women was completely unnecessary. She could have written a much better post if she talked about how she struggled to rub her husband's feet but then came to realization how important little acts of service can be. No need to tear anyone down. Or something along those lines.  The post could have been really quite lovely if she talked about Christ washing our feet without the extra digs. Maybe I'll rewrite it myself.....

Also I have no husband so I rub my sister's feet when she asks so there's that Lori. I also rub my dog nephew's belly does that count? 

Also I hope Alyssa can adopt if she wants but I'm also fearful of allowing Lori anymore access to babies. 

One of my favorites- the old, "How can we afford not to buy this?!?!"

rich.PNG.618dc3ba5e4487eeb73b76f70428d1f5.PNG

This is an argument from privilege.  Sometimes (sadly) underfunded individuals and families makes poor financial choices because it's the only choice they can make. 

Here are a few examples.  I am going to keep them very simple, so that even Lori will be able to understand.

Underfunded family buys food:  They would be wise to buy in bulk/make freezer meals/make healthy choices.  All of those things would be better for them in the long run.  They'd have a stockpile of food, the food would be healthier, and they wouldn't risk food insecurity.

The problem:  There is NO MONEY to buy food in bulk.  PERIOD.   Mom may have $20 to her name.  She needs it to last a few days. She's not going to spend 1/2 of it on one useless item at the health food store.   Fancy lettuce doesn't fill hungry stomachs.

Here's what she might do- cheap noodles, cheap sauce, cheap beef= spaghetti= kids that she doesn't have to put to bed hungry.  Do you get that, Lori?  She's trying to make sure her kids DON'T GO HUNGRY!  After a mother has spent time trying to figure out how to keep her children's stomachs full, SHE DOES NOT CARE about organic.  Nope.  Not one little bit.  

Underfunded family buys toilet paper:  Mom would be wise to hop in her mini-van and head to Sam's.  Then she could buy decent toilet paper in bulk.  It's cheaper in the long run, and it would even save on gas!  Because of her little stockpile, she'd have to make fewer trips to the store.  HOW CAN SHE AFFORD NOT TO???!!?? 

The problem:  Mom only had $20.  All but $1.50 was spent on food.  Cheap 4 roll toilet paper can be purchased for .88 cents.  Guess what mom is about to buy with her remaining money?

Underfunded family buys a car:  Family would be wise to buy a used car w/ low mileage, no history of being wrecked, etc.  Ideally, they would save their money and pay outright.  At worst, they'd have a large down payment and use their excellent credit to secure a low interest loan.

The problem?  Mom and Dad need to get to work.  The nice used mini-van w/ low mileage?  Yeah, that's a joke.  Not happening.  And the low interest loan?  Also, no.  They have shit credit.  

Guess what they're going to do?  They are going to go somewhere and be completely raked over the coals by a predator of a loan shark who will give them a shit car for ridiculously high interest rates.  They will pay an insane amount for said car IF they get to keep it.  They may well have it repossessed when they hit a rough patch.  

Do you know WHY they'll do such  a stupid thing, Lori?  Because THEY NEED TO GET TO WORK, and they live in a city that doesn't offer mass transit.  And so, they'll do whatever they have to do, to feed/house their family for one more week.

They know they could make better choices, but THEY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT.  PERIOD.

The lifestyle you encourage breeds just this kind of desperation and poverty.  But hey, what do you care?  You've got what you want, right?

So while you sit in your million dollar plus house, wasting your day on the internet whining about working mothers, and why oh why won't they feed their poor family organic, take a moment and THINK!   Not everyone enjoys the privilege you do- most don't.  Get a grip on yourself.  People who are worried about where their next meal is coming from, don't even care what you think.

@Koala so much yes, literally everything you said. Coming from a family like always struggled with money, I've experienced a lot of those things. And the thing is a lot of parents KNOW what would save money and wish they could but can't. 

Heck I was at Walmart and organic shredded cheese was twice as expensive and had about half of a non organic bag of cheese. Organic butter is twice as expensive at Walmart. Poor people want to put food on the table. They can't afford to be paying twice as much for less food. Even at Aldis the organic is still more expensive. 

I know a lot of families who struggle, and the life Lori describes might as well be taking place on another planet as far as they are concerned.  

Lori is preaching to the choir, because they are the ONLY people who can afford to listen to her.  The rest of society is out working.  If they are lucky.  Some of them are trying to get jobs.

This woman is totally off her rocker.  She has no clue how the world really operates.

I read this blog once.  Mom worked at a thrift store, Dad cut lawns, and mom was thrilled that she had the brilliant idea to pour salad dressing on Great Value spaghetti noodles, and serve it as dinner.  They had a child.  That is all they had to offer him, and so that was their meal.  

That story literally broke my heart.  I never forgot it, and I remember it each time I am tempted to ponder why so and so doesn't copy my oh-so-smart money saving tips.  We have to be thankful for what we have, and never forget that not everyone is so lucky.  This life can be really hard for some people.  They don't need the world's Lori Alexanders looking down their noses at them.

22 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Liza, Lori's answer to Karen Franz make not a damn lick of sense.  Why would a photosharing site have a picture of Lori holding any baby?

Just a theory but that was around the time Ken was visiting TW2.0. I called him out on a couple photos she used & he swore she got them from a paid site. Since then she's been using that explanation more & more. 

She doesn't pay attention, she just reacts. Its a good thing she's cute (per Ken) cause she's not bright! 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived