IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

I think @Koala  addressed the issue of why people make the choices they make with money, and why people like Lori need to keep their judgy noses out of it. 

But Lori's ignorant comment hits me in the gut just the same because my sister has diabetes -- type 1 diabetes. It's not a "disease of the rich." It's an autoimmune disorder, and Lori can kiss my ass. I've watched my sister suffer from it since I was in kindergarten and nearly die from it on many occasions. As for heart disease and cancer, they both tend to be diseases of the OLD. We're living longer than ever before, and everyone dies of something. The risks of both cancer and heart disease increase with age ... Let's use some logic, Lori, if you have even the tiniest bit of it anywhere in your body.

You know who's suffering from a disease of the rich? Lori Alexander, who lacks compassion, empathy and understanding. Who sits on her throne of lies, sucking life from everyone around her and money from her husband and contributing literally nothing to the good of the world. 

image.png

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no doubt in my mind that if Lori had an adopted grandchild that didn't meet her attractiveness standards, she would beat it harder than her biological grandchildren.  And, she'd take joy in it as a way to get back at whomever adopted something so unpleasant to her.  She gets off on being evil and cruel.  

Because of some medical bills, our grocery budget for this month was 200.00. That's 200 bucks to feed both of us and keep the felines in kibble and litter. We ran out of toilet paper three days before his check hit the bank...so, he had to swipe a few rolls of TP from where he works to cover us until we could go to the store. 

We live in a shitty apartment in a shitty neighborhood...our newest vehicle is 14 years old. We survive on an amount of money per month that Lori (Alexander is a fucking monster) would blow on her organic bullshit. Our rent and utilities take about 50% of his take home. 

It's EXPENSIVE to be broke-ass. You can never get ahead. 

So cancer is a disease of the rich, but to avoid cancer you have to buy grass fed butter and make million dollar cookies?  How does that work?  

I would bet she's told her mother her cancer is her own fault.

16 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Because of some medical bills, our grocery budget for this month was 200.00. That's 200 bucks to feed both of us and keep the felines in kibble and litter. We ran out of toilet paper three days before his check hit the bank...so, he had to swipe a few rolls of TP from where he works to cover us until we could go to the store. 

We live in a shitty apartment in a shitty neighborhood...our newest vehicle is 14 years old. We survive on an amount of money per month that Lori (Alexander is a fucking monster) would blow on her organic bullshit. Our rent and utilities take about 50% of his take home. 

It is seriously expensive! My car is a 1999 and I'd like to buy a new car but can't afford more insurance  and a car payment. So that leaves me with putting money into a car to fix things when in the long run it would be cheaper to have a newer car. But it's like an exhausting wheel that's really hard to get off of. But I can't imagine having medical bills on top of all that. 

I wonder how often Lori donates organic canned goods to shelters and food pantries? They're in dire need of healthier options. I remember my family getting a box of boxed and canned goods from a church. Some asshole put a ton of little canned hot dog things in the box. It wasn't even spam but like knock off spam.  My dad (who's a great cook) tried to make them edible but wouldn't even give them to our dogs. We were thankful for the other foods but I think it's a good example of how the poor are often expected just to accept anything in the name of charity, like dirty donated clothes or toys.

That's the stuff people often donate and people like Lori can help provide better options for people because she has the money. She could be part of a solution but I don't think she is. Good example, our local summer farmers market takes a LINK card so they can get farm fresh veggies, eggs, and meat. Yes it's more expensive but can be a nice occasional treat for a struggling family. 

Lori's assertion that cancer is a disease of the rich is completely laughable. All of the research about cancer and socioeconomic status has FOR YEARS (I'm talking fifty, sixty years) has connected cancer with LOW, not high, socio-economic status. Think about it, Lori. People living in poverty are more likely to smoke, more likely to work jobs that expose them to chemicals, more likely to live in neighborhoods that are heavily polluted with carcinogens, have higher rates of alcohol use due to psycho-social stresses, are more likely to be exposed to cancer-causing infectious agents, are less likely to engage in exercise due to demanding job schedules and unsafe neighborhoods, are less likely to eat fresh fruit and vegetables because of food deserts and economic factors, and are far less likely to undergo preventative and early-detection screenings that could prevent cancer, such as colonoscopies. 

Right now, I'm typing this on a laptop that has a bumper sticker that says "POVERTY IS A CARCINOGEN," a quote from SAmuel Broder, former director of the National Cancer Institute.  Damn, she's such a dumb ass. 

8 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

My car is a 1999 and I'd like to buy a new car but can't afford more insurance  and a car payment.

My husband's truck is a 1999. Fortunately it's one of those "Ford Tough" vehicles that, aside from normal wear and tear/maintenance items, hasn't needed any real repairs. My car is uncomfortable for me now that my back is messed up, but...there's not a chance in hell that I'll be able to afford something else until we manage to get some money saved up. I'm PRAYING I get the job I interviewed for, that would take care of ALL our problems...but until then...broke-ass it is. 

People who have never dealt with poverty, homelessness, and other social ills have NO idea what it's like. They look down on the rest of us from their position of privilege and buy into their "common knowledge" that we're a bunch of lazy "takers". 

41 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

So cancer is a disease of the rich, but to avoid cancer you have to buy grass fed butter and make million dollar cookies?  How does that work?  

I would bet she's told her mother her cancer is her own fault.

But didn't you know, her mother's cancer was caused by nail polish and polish remover. If only her mother had not painted her nails, then she would not have cancer. 

@ViolaSebastian you're totally correct! I did a research paper on HIV/AID and focused on poverty instead of the typical homosexuality focus they tend to have (a bias in research me thinks). But anyways poverty was a large factor in the disease being spread and whether a person received care. A wealthier person had a much better chance of accessing good treatment and living a relatively normal life without their HIV becoming AIDS. Poor people across the globe had a much harder time accessing antiretroviral drug therapy. From what I gathered the South with higher rates of poverty is especially hard hit in the US. Lack of treatment equals more stigma, trouble getting jobs, more spreading, and overall poor quality of life. A vicious cycle

@feministxtian I hope you get that job! The waiting is such a sucky process. 

On 5/26/2018 at 2:31 AM, feministxtian said:

No honey, y'all are a bunch of youngins. I remember going to the theater to see Star Wars when it first came out...and I was 13 at the time. I also remember when the albums The Grand Illusion, Frampton Comes Alive and Rumours came out. 

Damn, I'm fucking ancient!!!

Your a bit older than me, about my brothers age.  My mum took my brother and I to see Star Wars, my brother hated it but I've been a fan since. I was 8   My sister was the Fleetwood Mac fan in the family and she got Rumors for her birthday.  My brother camped out outside the record store to get tickets to the Styx concert (and the AC/DC concert and Ozzy and Jethro Tull, etc etc etc)  

You know what makes you feel old:  SOme of you classmates in nursing school were born 2 years AFTER you graduated from high school.  And we are NOT ancient.  Yet

Lori quoted someone, Bryan Page. I don't know who he is but I feel like the quote doesn't really make sense. Is a woman supposed to encourage a man so he can clearly see what? Maybe I'm having a dumb moment but I don't get it. 

Yeah, I didn't understand that Bryan Page quote either.  I feel like maybe he was a commenter on a Dale Partridge thread she participated in? Maybe?  Can't really remember, but it sounds familiar.  She's so dim, it probably sounded profound to her.  Never mind that it doesn't actually communicate an idea effectively. 

4 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lori quoted someone, Bryan Page. I don't know who he is but I feel like the quote doesn't really make sense. Is a woman supposed to encourage a man so he can clearly see what? Maybe I'm having a dumb moment but I don't get it. 

He left a comment on her foot washing post. 

Lori is a dumbass. Has she not heard of ACE’s? 

This country very much makes moral judgements about the poor, and tends to use stories of people who overcome difficulties to further the belief that people should just try harder or persevere longer. I hate it. 

Here is a full quote. 

@Sarah92 why does your profile pic have a blue sad face? I’ve never seen that before. 

3EDFBDD9-3E81-4083-8D24-FA0F34616448.png

Here she goes again, claiming to know what's going on in someone else's head because Bible. 

1527456483158.jpg

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

@Koala so much yes, literally everything you said. Coming from a family like always struggled with money, I've experienced a lot of those things. And the thing is a lot of parents KNOW what would save money and wish they could but can't. 

Heck I was at Walmart and organic shredded cheese was twice as expensive and had about half of a non organic bag of cheese. Organic butter is twice as expensive at Walmart. Poor people want to put food on the table. They can't afford to be paying twice as much for less food. Even at Aldis the organic is still more expensive. 

Butter? That would be nice. I buy the cheapest margin most of the time. The little remote mountain town where we spend our summers butter is priced often at $6/#. I kid you not. 

But when we are 40 miles north of the California/Mexican border we eat good because the food is so much cheaper. Fat free plain yogurt at El Centro Aldis is $1.79. Hayfork, CA almost $5/qt and I can't get plain fat free. So much plays into how a family eats. 

Lori needs to live in the real world.  It's tight for us at the moment, since I'm employed and Mr Briefly is self-employed. We have to be fairly careful and don't get too many extras. But we're ok. However, there were a lot of times earlier on that it was really hard. When we were getting our business in Texas started, I remember one specific time period when we had rice for dinner and that was all. I don't know if Lori, or people with her mindset, could cope with really serious financial difficulty.

My parents were depression-era, they were born in the early 20's. They learned to make-do with whatever they had. We were raised with that mindset. There are a few times that I realize as an adult, they probably were beyond broke.  But Mom made us think it was a treat to have a sandwich made with bread, mayo and pickles or white bread and mashed pinto beans.  Those things are now what I want to eat when I'm in a funk or missing my parents.  The point is that we all have to learn how to get by and sometimes it is very, very difficult.  Most of us probably got that lesson in one form or another.  But Lori seems to have missed it.

My daughter's realization was that there were times when we seemed to eat a lot of spaghetti when she was growing up. I love spaghetti but not for several meals in a row!

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

@ViolaSebastian you're totally correct! I did a research paper on HIV/AID and focused on poverty instead of the typical homosexuality focus they tend to have (a bias in research me thinks). But anyways poverty was a large factor in the disease being spread and whether a person received care. A wealthier person had a much better chance of accessing good treatment and living a relatively normal life without their HIV becoming AIDS. Poor people across the globe had a much harder time accessing antiretroviral drug therapy. From what I gathered the South with higher rates of poverty is especially hard hit in the US. Lack of treatment equals more stigma, trouble getting jobs, more spreading, and overall poor quality of life. A vicious cycle

@feministxtian I hope you get that job! The waiting is such a sucky process. 

Too many people still thinks it's a "gay disease" as I have heard it called. Or that "they" deserve it.  I don't believe that either of those things are true, by the way.  Poverty is a serious thing for so many people. It effects so many things, medical care and health is probably very high up on the list. Along with ignorance.

Spoiler

Neither Lori or I believe that somehow just because one is a Christian God is going to send all they need from Amazon.com. We also know that there can be exceptions, and maybe you are one of them. But what we know more than anything else is that God keeps His Word, and those who step out in faith and do things God’s ways reap His many blessings.

You fault Lori for not seeing that the exceptions to God’s ways is just a few wealthy moms who really could stay home with their children, yet mothers throughout history and in the world today, in far poorer circumstances than in America with food stamps, were able to stay home with their children and raise them. Something is broken in this country and in the church. 

I think I know what is broken and that is that America’s love has grown cold. We talk a good game about how much we love, yet love means service, and service means sacrifice. Those grandparents you speak of know what love is about. We would do the same for our kids if it came to that, and even if they had gotten themselves into the trouble by the bad choices of following the world’s ways. 

I am convinced that with what Lori knows now she would definitely choose food stamps to stay home with her babies if she had to. She was fortune to choose wisely and marry a man who loves the Lord and understands his responsibility to provide for the family. My heart breaks for the single Mom’s and the Mom’s married to dead beat Dad’s. I have tried to help many in my career as this is a place where my heart aches, just as much as it aches to watch the 500+ single Mom’s I have known show up to work and leave their babies behind… and yes, to them it seems mandatory. But can you see that is not God’s ideal? 

In our first years of marriage it was Lori who cared for a neighborhood teen who had her baby at home and her Dad kicked her out. She has seen the destitute first hand and lent her loving helping hand for many months. 

Life is all about choices and we want people to make good ones. If you can’t stay home with your babies, go in peace and in my prayers that the Lord will allow you to stay home at some point with them. Life has to be dealt with and not everything works out the way we dreamed or would like. Lori’s message is to get wives and mothers thinking so they can choose wisely and she may overstate her case at times as she tries to withstand the flood of feminism and the world’s ways.

@Ken's response on 2.0 with regard to poverty & working mothers. (Its long, I bolded a couple of key statements)

In essence they believe poverty is a result of poor, worldly choices and that it's an "exception". He wouldn't address my point of work incidents or unavoidable situations that do harm to a family's stability.

I guess Lori would tell me adult onset diabetes is the persons own fault, not genetics. And I'm sure she believes men primarily work in nice offices or safe buildings. Industry & service workers are "exceptions".

Their combined privileged attitude is what makes my blood boil. I can deal with bitchy or ignorant, it's the self righteousness that gets me. 

26 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

In essence they believe poverty is a result of poor, worldly choices and that it's an "exception". He wouldn't address my point of work incidents or unavoidable situations that do harm to a family's stability.

This is the typical thinking of privileged people. They can't fathom that people are poor because shit happens. That's why you hear things like "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and "poor people are lazy" and all that other shit. They can't fathom that someone with a college education would be unemployed or find it difficult to find a job. They just don't get it. They also seem to be quite racist in their thinking of who is poor....ergo their utter opposition to social safety nets. 

@Frog99 the faces look like they're a new option. If you look at the drop down menu where you see your notifications, right next to that is a smiley face where you can pick your current mood. Mine right now is nervous. 

As Ken exemplified many Christian's subtly, or not so subtly, preach the prosperity gospel of if you have enough faith/ do enough you won't be poor. At the same time, they hate on Joel Olsteen for doing the same. 

Bryan Page still doesn't make much sense in the full context. Unless he's say that women are really the leaders because they serve their family? Also the whole listen to the voice of God in man isn't a thing in the Bible, at least not in the context of marriage. And if it is in the Bible it's referring to mankind since women are also able to prophesy. Soooo go home Bryan, you're drunk.

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Maybe I'll rewrite it myself.....

That's a great idea!   We have the regular blog option here which any member can have or I could put a blog in the Lori Alexander Accountability Club for people who want to rewrite her articles from a positive rather than negative viewpoint.

So many members here so things in much better ways than Lori does.   Maybe people would find our posts rather than Lori's and people could be saved the pain she will invariably cause.   We have better SEO than she does ;)

On 5/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, squiddysquid said:

Instant karma! :pb_lol:

Nursing baby bunny hidden in spoiler, the closest experience I have to nursing a baby :my_biggrin: Bunbun never bit me...bunbun

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!   OMG I love bunnies so much.  I'm very jealous.   Do you have house bunnies?   I watch a lady on youtube sometimes that has house bunnies and they are so adorable (and destructive, but I like how she views it as a part of having house bunnies and works on management issues rather than punishing bunnies)

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Not long ago, our refrigerator went out at the worst possible time ever -- the day before Thanksgiving. It was TERRIBLE. Also, it was full of prepped or partially prepped food and a thawing turkey. So. I needed a new fridge asap. A few years ago, this would have been an even bigger catastrophe because $$$. But as it happens, our budget isn't exactly expansive, but it has gotten more comfortable as time has gone on, so off to the store we went to find a new fridge. Found a nice fridge that fit our budget. AND because it was the day before Thanksgiving, it was on sale. And, that sale just so happened to include other appliances. Even though we didn't actually *need* a new stove, our stove was probably also on its last legs and due to die sooner rather than later, so we went ahead and splurged. I felt so guilty buying something so pricey that I didn't actually NEED, but at the same time, it was a great deal and I knew we'd need it eventually. 

And that, my friends, is why even a little bit of extra money makes life easier. 

When you're broke -- and I mean flat broke -- you only buy the bare minimum. We'd have gotten the fridge, either by scrounging or putting it on credit, but never would we have gotten the stove. We'd have just waited until it, too, went out -- but it wouldn't have been on sale and probably cost us at least a few hundred more, possibly even more than that. 

When you're poor, you buy the cheap shoes, the ones you have to replace every other month. So even though they only cost $15 a pop, you're paying way more for them over time than you'd pay for the really nice pair that's made to last.

When you're poor, you buy the smallest pack of TP or detergent or soap even though the jumbo size is priced lower per unit.

When you're poor, you can't take advantage of sales because you don't have the money to "splurge." You just have to wait and buy as you need it.

When you're poor, you live from paycheck to paycheck. Sure, you might manage to put a tiny bit aside in savings, but investments? What a joke. And if anything catastrophic happens, your savings are gone, just like that. 

When you're poor, you buy what you can afford, not what you need. 

5 minutes ago, polecat said:

When you're poor, you buy the cheap shoes, the ones you have to replace every other month. So even though they only cost $15 a pop, you're paying way more for them over time than you'd pay for the really nice pair that's made to last.

When you're poor, you buy the smallest pack of TP or detergent or soap even though the jumbo size is priced lower per unit.

You go to the 99 cent store. The selection sucks but the price is right. 

6 minutes ago, polecat said:

Not long ago, our refrigerator went out at the worst possible time ever -- the day before Thanksgiving. It was TERRIBLE. Also, it was full of prepped or partially prepped food and a thawing turkey. So. I needed a new fridge asap. A few years ago, this would have been an even bigger catastrophe because $$$. But as it happens, our budget isn't exactly expansive, but it has gotten more comfortable as time has gone on, so off to the store we went to find a new fridge. Found a nice fridge that fit our budget. AND because it was the day before Thanksgiving, it was on sale. And, that sale just so happened to include other appliances. Even though we didn't actually *need* a new stove, our stove was probably also on its last legs and due to die sooner rather than later, so we went ahead and splurged. I felt so guilty buying something so pricey that I didn't actually NEED, but at the same time, it was a great deal and I knew we'd need it eventually. 

And that, my friends, is why even a little bit of extra money makes life easier. 

When you're broke -- and I mean flat broke -- you only buy the bare minimum. We'd have gotten the fridge, either by scrounging or putting it on credit, but never would we have gotten the stove. We'd have just waited until it, too, went out -- but it wouldn't have been on sale and probably cost us at least a few hundred more, possibly even more than that. 

When you're poor, you can't take advantage of sales because you don't have the money to "splurge." You just have to wait and buy as you need it.

When you're poor, you live from paycheck to paycheck. Sure, you might manage to put a tiny bit aside in savings, but investments? What a joke. And if anything catastrophic happens, your savings are gone, just like that. 

When you're poor, you buy what you can afford, not what you need. 

So much this..

And if you're poor, you may not have the space to store a stock-pile because you are living in a one room apartment. A  home which doesn't have space for more than a tiny fridge nor a stove so you can cook healthy meals . A couple of rings aren't the best for trying to eat healthy on a day to day basis.

I just want these people who think a person/family can live on X amount of money a week try it. Not for a week. Not for a month but for a year with all the bills that have to be paid . Property and school taxes, electricity, heating, insurance, cars..

before you get to food..clothing..school supplies..

37 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

And if you're poor, you may not have the space to store a stock-pile because you are living in a one room apartment. A  home which doesn't have space for more than a tiny fridge nor a stove so you can cook healthy meals . A couple of rings aren't the best for trying to eat healthy on a day to day basis.

And when you're living in an SUV, the best you can do is a cooler for drinks and water. I had a cooler to hold bottled water and a bag of drink mixes. I had a few snacks and cat food. That shit ain't cheap either. Survived on Jack in the Box and Taco Hell (cheapest fast food around) and 7-11 coffee. OR, a 5 dollar pizza from Little Caesars. That was good for a couple of meals. 

I want all these elite assholes to live in an old SUV for 6 months. Where you're hot during the day and hot during the night in the desert. Where your cell phone is your lifeline and it takes FOREVER to charge in the car. You get 100 bucks a week to keep yourself in gas and grub. Bathe yourself in fast food bathrooms. Splurge on a truck stop shower. Scrape up the $$ to wash your clothes at the laundromat once a month. 

***from the been there, done that club. 

5 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Here she goes again, claiming to know what's going on in someone else's head because Bible. 

1527456483158.jpg

Lori doesn't seem to grasp that not everyone believes the bible is the inerrant truth handed down by God.  When she says stuff like "and you know it!" she sounds like a petulant toddler.  If someone doesn't believe in something they obviously don't "know it."   

As a side note, I also hate when 45 says stuff like "I know it, you know it and everyone knows it"

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived