IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That woman really has an excellent smile. I mean, top notch. It has not wavered since babyhood.

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Earlier this year the original Gerber baby met the latest Gerber baby.

gerber-baby.jpg?w=450&w=1000&q=85

That's beautiful! Made my day...well night.

9 hours ago, beepy13 said:

I LOVE CHEESE. That is all.

This is practically my family motto! Growing up we put cheese on practically everything. Scrambled eggs? Yes. Tacos, burritos, chili, potato soup, cheese please. Mashed or baked potatoes? Well, cheese. Burgers, hot dogs? Home made pizza? We piled on the cheese so much we loved to joke every time Little Caesars pizza commercials brag about their pizzas having the most cheese. I don't think so. Broccoli dipped in ranch is okay, but broccoli covered with cheese? So much better. A plain hamburger patty is okay, but add a slice of cheese and its much better. 

2 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Nothing like some hot scrambled eyes with cheese. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

With cheese I'm sure its delicious!

On 8/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, TakingBibleClasses said:

ME TOO HELLO FELLOW CHEESE HATERS.

It's been a thing since childhood. I just can't do it. And, yep, people are constantly trying to trick me into eating it. (Like, why? It's not like I'm missing out on some major nutrient that only cheese provides?)

Cheese is so disgusting on so many levels. It’s almost like eating wax, the way it coats the inside of the mouth and leaves that aftertaste that just won’t go away! It’s HEINOUS, and no, I don’t care if it’s a slice of chedddar or some fancy wedge of Brie, I’m not going to eat it unless you give me a REALLY good reason and supply the industrial equipment required to scrape my mouth clean, afterward (because toothbrushes, tongue  scrapers, and mouthwashes are NOT sufficiently capable of getting that nastiness to leave). Will never understand why so many people are so freaking obsessed, or why it’s so damn hard to understand that yes, I have experienced multiple forms, and no, I am not obligated to sample whatever atrocity they’re raving about on the off chance that this one super special magical kind will somehow erase 40+ years of hating the stuff and turn me into a crazy person. 

If it’s melted or sauced in some other form where it takes a definite backseat, fine. I can handle that. But just watching someone eat a piece of cheese on its own can be enough to turn my stomach. All I can think of is how waxy their tongue must feel afterward and how long they’re going to have what is literally spoiled milk parts stuck in their teeth and...gross. ?

On 8/29/2018 at 1:47 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

You've contradicted yourself here. Please be careful when doing food trials!

I know. I got curious in the middle of writing my answer and googled ”nuts that aren’t nuts”. :pb_lol:

Am always careful with nuts. But even the ones I am allergic to only give me discomfort though and not a big reaction. So I might try a small piece of walnut the next time I see one. 

A friends ex was alleric to chocolate. So much so that he got a reaction if she ate it and they kissed later. No wonder that didn’t last ...

37 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I know. I got curious in the middle of writing my answer and googled ”nuts that aren’t nuts”. :pb_lol:

Now that’s a google search that could have unintended results ?

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I’m fine with people hating cheese. That just means there’s more for me! Cheers!!!

93F0A6E4-2C53-474E-8ED2-532FF81A158B.jpeg

You take the cheese on the left and I'll take the cheese on the right.

I had an ex who would always say that "Cheese is Christ." At least we agreed on something.

On that note:

Spoiler

On 8/30/2018 at 5:21 AM, emmeline said:

There are very few dishes that are not improved by cheese ?

My daughter had grits with cheese for breakfast this morning.  That girl loves her grits.  Southern to the core.

12 hours ago, Elvis Presby said:

You take the cheese on the left and I'll take the cheese on the right.

I need a cheese layer cake in my life.

Oh, cheese. I could go on about you. Haha!  After I graduated college/university, my mom took me on a 3 week trip to England, Scotland, and Wales.  Besides seeing some beautiful sites, we ate a lot of gorgeous cheese! Oh, UK, I need to visit you once again. Not just for the cheese. :-)

14 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I really wish I didn't like cheese as much as I do!

Same here. I love every kind of cheese there is. I'm going to have some for a snack soon. 

Speaking of cheese — Josh looks to be approaching 250 pounds if not 300  in a family photo I saw recently! It was pre-Felicity. Holy smoke. He wore a white shirt and Anna was standing in front of him — and she covered barely half his expanse. 

Compulsive overeater, here, and I think I know one when I see one.  His parents should be mortified at how they mishandled their children’s lives, from Josh on down. 

8 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Speaking of cheese — Josh looks to be approaching 250 pounds if not 300  in a family photo I saw recently! It was pre-Felicity. Holy smoke. He wore a white shirt and Anna was standing in front of him — and she covered barely half his expanse. 

Compulsive overeater, here, and I think I know one when I see one.  His parents should be mortified at how they mishandled their children’s lives, from Josh on down. 

I saw that picture and he is huge. Maybe Anna is overfeeding him for a purpose? 

14 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I really wish I didn't like cheese as much as I do!

I feel you. I've been try to transition to veganism for a while now and had no problem cutting out eggs and most dairy. But I can NOT stop eating cheese. After A particularly rough week while trying to eliminate cheese from my diet, i actually had a sobbing meltdown in my kitchen because I wanted cheese so much. 

I'm on a first-name basis with my cheese guy. The Cheese Shop in Concord, MA if anyone's wondering- if you live in Massachusetts, go there, it's magical. If I lived closer, I'd buy cheese there every day. Imported cheese from around the world. Sheep's milk cheese injected with black truffles... ohmygod. A personal favorite is high-quality Stichelton, which is Stilton-like cheese made from raw, unpasteurized milk. You might get listeria poisoning, but it'll be worth it.

47 minutes ago, TZmom said:

I feel you. I've been try to transition to veganism for a while now and had no problem cutting out eggs and most dairy. But I can NOT stop eating cheese. After A particularly rough week while trying to eliminate cheese from my diet, i actually had a sobbing meltdown in my kitchen because I wanted cheese so much. 

I tried some vegan provolone and it’s was pretty good. Are you ok with soy-based, etc., cheeses, maybe?? 

Josh's weight ballooned at one point last year too. I remember it was when they were on that road trip and he looked huge. Then the next time that we saw him, he had slimmed down. 

@justodd, while I disagree with your feelings about cheese, I appreciate your writing. I can get similarly descriptive about my feelings towards hard boiled eggs. I hate the particularly malevolent odor emitted when you crack the shell that makes me want to hurl. I loathe the slimy texture and stinky taste of the white and the gritty, sand-like texture of the yolk. 

Josh tends to yo-yo. I don't think that we can blame Anna for "overfeeding" him - people have to take responsibility for their own actions. She could very well be an enabler of his behaviour, however, by continuing to cook foods he wants/asks for when they are terrible for him.

I love cheese in all forms except cream cheese which is nasty. But we eat cheese today in a way we never have in the past and it's for sure one of the factors contributing to the obesity crisis (along with too many carbs, too much processed food, way too much sugar, etc). For example, cheese in the past was eaten in small quantities as a dessert, or some cottage cheese for breakfast among people who had easy access to dairy cows and so on. At some point in the last 3-4 decades we started putting cheese on everything - melting it on like every meal, throwing shredded cheese into everything, double cheese pizzas, stuffing pizza crusts with it, adding a lot to sandwiches, snacks like cheese strings, etc. It's very high in calories and in fat but you don't notice just how much you're consuming.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived