IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

On 9/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, Jinder Roles said:

At this point, I just need a good plastic surgeon and prayer.  

I'd argue you need a hug (if you want one) and someone to tell you you're awesome until you believe it!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/19/2018 at 5:40 AM, mstee said:

I feel like mothers set the tone for daughters self esteem in a lot of cases.

My dear mother (father either for that matter) never expressed any disapproval or judgement of my weight issues when I was a child. I appreciate them so much, and would have been more messed up if not for them. But their support was not enough to overcome the rejection of the larger society.

It’s Josh and Anna’s tenth wedding anniversary! The Duggars posted on Facebook about it, thanking God for them and their children and God’s redemptive grace. Do we think this is a one-time thing, or has Josh been released from the prayer closet for good?

A lot has happened in ten years - seven engagements, six marriages, twelve grandchildren, and new hair and clothing!

43 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

New hair? Who has new hair?

I think she means Anna, Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger have moved away from the perms and crunchy curls.

Oh god they were in my city? Indy isn’t usually a place for fundies (that I’ve personally noticed) and the Speedway usually has a lot of colorful characters there that are quite defrauding. I’m glad I didn’t know- maybe the race getting postponed due to rain was a sign :my_biggrin:

I hate to be the hasty type, but Anna looks a little fuller than usual. It doesn’t fit with their pattern, though. She shouldn’t expect another until late 2019. 

Well Michael and Marcus (I think those two, they were the last two born on the show) Were born in mid spring-early summer. So it wouldn't be that unusual for her to be pregnant now, but if she was I don't think she'd be showing yet. That said this is the sixth child so she could also start showing pretty early. My mom only had two kids and by the time she was 8 weeks in with my sister she had to start wearing maternity uniforms at work. Being in the military those were of course, horrifically ugly.

With 5 children, I would assume Anna's shape has changed accordingly. My metabolism also slowed a lot in my 30s. I could see that happening to Anna. No shame there. She is a very lovely looking woman. 

3 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

My mom only had two kids and by the time she was 8 weeks in with my sister she had to start wearing maternity uniforms at work. Being in the military those were of course, horrifically ugly.

I had two kids on active duty, and I think I only made it to 10 weeks with the second.  The fact that the pockets on the military utility uniforms were smaller than those on the regular unis made me irrationally ragey...lol.

Anna has had five children and looks fantastic. I was just thinking with 2019 looming in the not so far distance, a pregnancy isn’t out of the realm of possibility. 

Meredith is a total sweetie.

I was interested in Joseph and Josiah's comments (on the episode when JoKen were doing their dry-run for the hospital, and packing snacks) that they were stress-eaters. Do the Duggars talk about this kind of thing much, do we think? Do they acknowledge that this seems to be a problem with Josh as well? I mean it's nice they're self-aware enough to spot it, but to say 'that's just how I am' doesn't really address the underlying issues they skated soooo close to recognising.

Were the only Duggars on this trip to Indy Jim Bob, Anna & Josh and their kids? So strange that JB was with them without some of the young Duggars too. I have not looked for any other photos besides the ones posted here.

I kinda like that JB was the only one with Josh and Anna’s family. It would give him time to share experiences with his grandkids in a more intimate setting than being one of 40 at the Duggar homestead. 

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

that they were stress-eaters. Do the Duggars talk about this kind of thing much, do we think

I truly don't know, weight seems to be one of those things that is openly discussed or things that shall not be mentioned in families. My eldest brother has struggled with his weight for forever, the brother next to him could barely keep weight on, it was something that we were all aware of, but never ever spoke of growing up. 

Being a girl for me the criticisms were there and were different.  I suspect it's similar with the Duggars, if they talked about appearances focus on the girls, given the public comments made, how women should be "pleasing to the eye" and the modest clothes/makeup always done hair.

That's speculation, but I was raised in a house where I needed to put on mascara to get the mail to always be pretty per my mother's rules. My brothers looks did not matter, mine were of a higher value, because that is how I would ultimately meet someone. 

5 hours ago, viii said:

Anna has had five children and looks fantastic. I was just thinking with 2019 looming in the not so far distance, a pregnancy isn’t out of the realm of possibility. 

It definitely isn't! Anna looks fantastic, but pregnancy is always a possibility!

6 hours ago, Markie said:

I kinda like that JB was the only one with Josh and Anna’s family. It would give him time to share experiences with his grandkids in a more intimate setting than being one of 40 at the Duggar homestead. 

I agree, though I also wonder whether the primary reason for the trip was for a visit to Josh's alma mater, "Jesus Jail".

I agree a pregnancy is always a possibility. It's just the more pregnancies these young women go thru, the more their bodies will change and their metabolisms will slow. I dont mean to hand slap. I just feel a very strange need to defend their changing shapes. Carry on. 

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I agree a pregnancy is always a possibility. It's just the more pregnancies these young women go thru, the more their bodies will change and their metabolisms will slow. I dont mean to hand slap. I just feel a very strange need to defend their changing shapes. Carry on. 

I agree with that, and really dislike speculation based on their bodies. I'm much more okay with speculation based on them being married duggars, previous spacing, and hints they appear to give. 

8 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Yes, this!  Also don’t like to analyze a woman’s body just for knowing before the pregnancy announcement. It’ll happen anyway. I was super (tummy) thin after 2 kids and then gained 15kg after having three miscarriages in 8 months, mostly in the tummy region. Everyone assumed i was pregnant and I was, it just didn’t stick. They will announce when ready and Anna will have, bearing any issues, kid #6/7/8/9 in the next 10 years. 

On 9/30/2018 at 3:18 AM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Well Michael and Marcus (I think those two, they were the last two born on the show) Were born in mid spring-early summer. So it wouldn't be that unusual for her to be pregnant now, but if she was I don't think she'd be showing yet. That said this is the sixth child so she could also start showing pretty early. My mom only had two kids and by the time she was 8 weeks in with my sister she had to start wearing maternity uniforms at work. Being in the military those were of course, horrifically ugly.

Well..in a instagram comment three weeks ago she said that she is not expecting. 

Spoiler

IMG_20181001_143731_510.jpg

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

Well..in a instagram comment three weeks ago she said that she is not expecting. 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20181001_143731_510.jpg

Ugg....that makes me so sad! I know, public figure, putting herself on social media, etc etc etc....but how freaking awful that all you do is post what you think are some nice photos of your family having fun - and you end up having to respond like this. And probably feel like shit inside. Or at least a twinge. The woman doesn’t need a diet. She’s a lovely 30 year old woman with a perfectly average /normal / healthy 30 year old woman’s body. Geeze. 

Eta- and I don’t mean to imply that if her body wasn’t “average” that she should diet - just how ridiculous it is.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:37 AM, Daisy0322 said:

Yes! Thank you! I almost cried reading this. I worked so hard to lose my baby weight only for my mom to tell me today "well I guess you'll just never look as good as you use to unless you put more work into toning up." 

I cried all the way to work I was really proud of myself. My son just turned one and Im 2 lbs under my pre baby weight. I just can't get my stomach to be flat again.  I had kind of accepted it but now I feel stupid for even being excited ever. 

Your mom SUCKS. Congratulations on your hard work!

28 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Ugg....that makes me so sad! I know, public figure, putting herself on social media, etc etc etc....but how freaking awful that all you do is post what you think are some nice photos of your family having fun - and you end up having to respond like this. And probably feel like shit inside. Or at least a twinge. The woman doesn’t need a diet. She’s a lovely 30 year old woman with a perfectly average /normal / healthy 30 year old woman’s body. Geeze. 

Eta- and I don’t mean to imply that if her body wasn’t “average” that she should diet - just how ridiculous it is.

All of this.

I can't believe the assumptiveness of that woman's comment "You're definitely showing." Yes, Anna married into a family of famous baby makers, but until she announces a pregnancy, she isn't 'showing'.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived