IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

David is such a dweeb. Not everything has to be an Important Life Lesson. Davia does not look amused by her cousins’ tea party!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was shooting at 4 or 5. Most of my friends did too. Guess what? None of us has killed anyone and none of us shot up anything we weren't supposed to.

There were no "gun accidents" anywhere within my circle of friends because we were taught firearm safety from a very young age.

I 100% agree with teaching children to handle, properly use, respect, and understand firearms. 

...annnnnd here come the downvotes. lol

Not from me. I totally agree with you. Family’s who hunt or shoot for a hobby start teaching the kids gun handling and safety early. It’s not something to pearl clutch about. They really aren’t giving Paul a semi automatic and letting him wander the woods unsupervised. 

I'm not from an area where going out shooting was common. Although I know several people who have gone shooting. They are also taught safety from a very young age. 

Yeah, it's the proper respect/safety training that's the important part, as well as appropriate supervision. I grew up with guns in the house and was allowed to shoot them as a preteen- with supervision, proper safety gear, and a hunter's safety course. If they weren't in use, they were unloaded and locked up.

Mr. OneKid says all firearms should be treated as if they are loaded. Even if somebody tells you otherwise check it yourself. Then check it again 

We've always taught our kids to always treat a gun as if it was loaded and to never, ever point it at a another person or yourself.  We've always kept any of the guns in our house unloaded (we don't even have ammo in the house generally and when we do it is locked up in a separate location) with trigger locks on AND locked in the gun safe. I have never lived in an area where guns weren't around. In Minnesota the guns that most people had were for hunting or target practice. When we lived in California there were a lot more handguns for protection, which made me nervous since it seemed like more people had them in nightstand drawers, sometimes not even locked up. Texas was a mix of both. 

None of our 3 went out shooting at 5 but by 6 or 8 2 of the three had been out to target shoot at the range and by 12 my son was out hunting with his dad occasionally and had taken a few gun safety courses. So far, neither of my girls have any interest but both like archery which also comes with its own risks.  However, I am very much in favor of stronger gun laws in the US and tightening up any loop holes that may be present. I am not a huge fan of guns in general. I grew up around them but never felt fully comfortable with them. Seriously, I am a pretty good shot and never had trouble with any of my qualifications when I was in the military but I never target shoot anymore now that I don't have to.

11 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

am very much in favor of stronger gun laws in the US and tightening up any loop holes that may be present. I am not a huge fan of guns in general. I grew up around them but never felt fully comfortable with them. Seriously, I am a pretty good shot and never had trouble with any of my qualifications when I was in the military but I never target shoot anymore now that I don't have to.

I agree with this, similar experience here, don't have em in my own house. Thank you for your service!

I think the biggest glaring loophole is the sheer lack of regulation around ammunition, most states don't even have minimum ages to purchase it. Was a common dare as kids to go in and buy it yourself and I know that not all of this kids had guns kept secure and away from them. It is a pretty strong predictor for mass shootings, which have usually have ridiculous amounts of ammo that was legally bought in large quantities in a short time span, though I don't know what the impact would be on suicide rates. Hopefully it would save a few lives. /offsoapbox

In this case I think it's very much a part of their family and viewed as father -son bonding, hunting trips the boy will remember feeling manly hanging out with the adults. 

I know families who bond over hunting. There are clubs and organizations for women who hunt. It helps keep certain populations in check. There are individuals who use it to feed their family. No shame in that. It does boggle my mind that minors can buy ammunition. They can't buy alcohol or tobacco, why can they buy ammunition? 

I shouldn’t be surprised but im disgusted that the Forsyth’s allowed Josh to their camp. What is wrong with all these people?

8 hours ago, artdecades said:

I shouldn’t be surprised but im disgusted that the Forsyth’s allowed Josh to their camp. What is wrong with all these people?

Maybe they think any publicity is good publicity? 

I think the Fundies in their set really think the Josh thing is over and done with. He repented, had his head shaved and put up drywall to fix him as a teen. He went to biblical counselling after his cheating came out in the open. He and Anna had Make Up Mason so it’s all good. Josh has been out of sight because outsiders see him as awful. I don’t think his sect see him as a creep to avoid.

I really hope she doesn't mean "little buddy" the same way her mother-in-law would.

That sounds like Josh's voice actively parenting in the background :pink-shock:

Is this the first deliberate and official camera release of him since his toddler girl's infancy?

The TLC blurrs don't count.

Plus - active parenting age appropriately with appropriate baby tone of voice and age appropriate involvement of a happy toddler with her baby sibling.  (I'm looking at you Dillards)

Off to my fainting couch :faint:

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

@TuringMachine Nah. Mason would be Mack's buddy. She's plenty old enough now! :( 

One thing I hate most about the Duggars is the sister mom crap. 

27 minutes ago, imokit said:

That sounds like Josh's voice actively parenting in the background :pink-shock:

Is this the first deliberate and official camera release of him since his toddler girl's infancy?

The TLC blurrs don't count.

Plus - active parenting age appropriately with appropriate baby tone of voice and age appropriate involvement of a happy toddler with her baby sibling.  (I'm looking at you Dillards)

Off to my fainting couch :faint:

He has been in congratulation videos, like when he said he's happy to have another sister after Joe and Kendra's wedding.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:28 PM, artdecades said:

Do you suggest they disallow his sons from participating in these outings as well?  Because it sure won’t be Anna going to all these guy outdoorsy things they are so fond of. 

30 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Do you suggest they disallow his sons from participating in these outings as well?  Because it sure won’t be Anna going to all these guy outdoorsy things they are so fond of. 

Surely there is another place they can go than a place owned by the inlaws of one of his victims

That’s where all those boy cousins are probably going to go to do father/son manly stuff from now on though. To their Aunt and her husbands camp. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, TuringMachine said:

I really hope she doesn't mean "little buddy" the same way her mother-in-law would.

IDGAF this is the cutest damn thing I've seen all day. How do such assholes make such cute babies?

Dang it.  They are such cute kids.  They take after Anna, to my eyes, so that helps. Henry is still winning as my pet fundie, though.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived