IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

On 8/21/2018 at 6:59 AM, Markie said:

I think the Fundies in their set really think the Josh thing is over and done with. He repented, had his head shaved and put up drywall to fix him as a teen. He went to biblical counselling after his cheating came out in the open. He and Anna had Make Up Mason so it’s all good. Josh has been out of sight because outsiders see him as awful. I don’t think his sect see him as a creep to avoid.

I sadly agree with this. As far as these people are concerned, JGod is over it, so why the hell can't everyone else get over it too?

And it was basically the girls' faults anyway, for you know, committing the crime of existing while female around a male that couldn't control himself, those harlots [/sarcasm].

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think perhaps Anna would start up a homeschooling co-op. She took some pseudo education courses prior to her engagement to El Turdo. I think she is better equipped to teach primary school children than many of her sisters in law. None of them, except perhaps Abbie, is equipped to teach beyond sixth grade. 

Things I like about Anna’s teaching: library time, healthy meals, getting her daughter and little sisters in law into local clubs, encouraging drama and she seems really patient.

Things that worry me about Anna’s teaching: raised ATI, post-education was Gothard approved, bible verse regurgitation, keeps adding a kid every two years so becomes increasingly distracted

Josh is their nephew and nieces father. He is their brother.  He has repented, had a change in heart, and is a new person in Christ. (At least he convinced them he did.) In their eyes, he is according to the Bible supposed to restored to full fellowship. Is he never allowed to participate in father son activities ever again? I dislike Josh as much as anyone one else. I truly do. However, he is their family member and he has been restored and forgiven. They are going to treat him accordingly. 

Am I the only one thinking that Anna's suddenly posting a bunch on Instagram because they're gearing up for another pregnancy announcement?

44 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Am I the only one thinking that Anna's suddenly posting a bunch on Instagram because they're gearing up for another pregnancy announcement?

Well, Mason IS walking so he is no longer a baby... (fundie thought) There could be a spring M kid on his way. I said “his” because I’d prefer a boy in that family. 

Anna posted that Mason has a milk protein allergy.   Of course all the crazies are out posting comments about raw milk.  Milk protein allergy is usually outgrown.  I hope he does. With all those kids and cousins it's hard to constantly police what he eats or to explain to him why his 25 cousins can have pizza and he can't.  

4 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

n my honest opinion, Meredith, Spurgeon, and Henry could be Gerber babies. 

There should be Black, Asian, Native American, and Hispanic Gerber babies too. The cutest babies are not all white.

Anna's post about Mason's milk allergy

If a milk protein allergy is usually something babies outgrow, at what point is that determined? Can doctors figure it out through testing? I'm asking, because I would think trying to re-introduce dairy and finding out he's still allergic would probably be a somewhat dangerous process.

Well, Anna has basically had a baby every odd numbered year, so she would be right on schedule if she had another blessing on the way to be born in 2019. Despite her mess her marriage is, there is no way she is preventing anything and they are still only 30.

I wonder if she is posting on Instagram just because she thinks everything has "blown over" enough now that she can go back to posting her happy life on instagram. Anna, we have not forgotten what an asshole he is.

47 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Anna's post about Mason's milk allergy

If a milk protein allergy is usually something babies outgrow, at what point is that determined? Can doctors figure it out through testing? I'm asking, because I would think trying to re-introduce dairy and finding out he's still allergic would probably be a somewhat dangerous process.

It's not dangerous because it's not an allergy. It is an intolerance which causes great discomfort, often a failure to thrive and the poop is stringy and mucousy which finally progresses to blood. Most kids outgrow by like 2-3 and if you try to reintroduce milk, which is done very gradually depending on the severity of the case and the child cannot tolerate it they'd have abdominal pain, diarrhea with mucous and possibly blood. You then discontinue and try again in a few months. But it's not dangerous.

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

There should be Black, Asian, Native American, and Hispanic Gerber babies too. The cutest babies are not all white.

As this was a Duggar thread, I commented on Duggar babies. 

Just as how I can say I like vegetables without meaning I think fruits aren't important, I can comment on the cuteness of certain kids without having to include the ones I'm not speaking about. ?

I think Mason looks just like Mackynzie did as a baby.  They do make adorable kids.  The only one who seems to resemble Josh is Michael.

Her sermon on God's perfect grace helping you through insurmountable odds, such as having to prepare pancakes without dairy, is a bit much.

12 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Her sermon on God's perfect grace helping you through insurmountable odds, such as having to prepare pancakes without dairy, is a bit much.

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading her post.  Both of my kids had the same condition, which they later grew out of.  While it was a pain in the ass at times, it wasn't a huge deal.  We just adjusted diets and moved on.  Girlfriend is being a bit extra...it's not like it's a chronic or life-threatening condition.

If Mason has a real Milk allergy it is a serious condition. In our daycare was a little girl with milk allergy and when her dad told us about that, I confused it with lactose intolerance, which my son has. Intollerance can be outgrown and is not that serious while the little girl from our daycare could potentially suffer a life threatening allergic reaction from milk protein.

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/lactose-intolerance-or-dairy-allergy

5 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

It's not dangerous because it's not an allergy. It is an intolerance which causes great discomfort, often a failure to thrive and the poop is stringy and mucousy which finally progresses to blood. Most kids outgrow by like 2-3 and if you try to reintroduce milk, which is done very gradually depending on the severity of the case and the child cannot tolerate it they'd have abdominal pain, diarrhea with mucous and possibly blood. You then discontinue and try again in a few months. But it's not dangerous.

But there is formula with the intolerance causing proteins hydrolyzed. It doesn't taste as good but it's safe for the baby. I used to taste and test them.

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

But there is formula with the intolerance causing proteins hydrolyzed. It doesn't taste as good but it's safe for the baby. I used to taste and test them.

They really don't taste as good.  I feel a bit queasy just remembering the taste!

My eldest and youngest both made extensive use of them for cows milk protein intolerance - my eldest because she never did latch on and although I expressed for 6 months, couldn't deal with the big change in diet on top of the round the clock pumping, and my youngest because although I was dairy free from birth (used to it given she was baby number 5), my gallbladder and I had an epic falling out and she weaned overnight when my surgery went tits up.

Luckily for us, this formula is available on the NHS.

Anna is being a drama queen.  It isn't a fun experience for mum or baby, but I'd save the God's grace and insurmountable whatever she wittered on about for something a tad more serious.  Like a cheating arse husband.

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I used to taste and test them.

I never tasted GryffindorDisappointment's formula. It never crossed my mind to do so. I also never tasted my breast milk, because:  gross. IMO, YMMV.

8 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I never tasted GryffindorDisappointment's formula. It never crossed my mind to do so. I also never tasted my breast milk, because:  gross. IMO, YMMV.

It was my job, literally.

15 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

It was my job, literally.

I see. But I also know other moms who did taste their children's formula and/or their own breast milk. 

My uncle accidentally put my mom's breast milk in his coffee once. Apparently it tasted similar enough for him not to notice. He was mortified when she told him, but she thought it was hilarious. 

Milk allergy and milk protein allergy are 2 separate but possible reactions to dairy. Milk allergy is similar to other food allergies and can cause hives/anaphylactic reactions. The other is gut related and can cause discomfort, bloody stools and poor weight gain.  Both can be outgrown.  Milk protein allergy can be difficult for a nursing mother to deal with especially if she has 4 other small children and an ass of a husband.  However,  it seems like she was unnecessarily dramatic especially since she was on a very restrictive diet for a long time when it turns out that she only needed to cut out dairy. To me I wonder if her dramatic post about this because she is only allowed in her world to vent anxiety and stress in relation to sacrifices that she has made as a mother rather than the elephant in the room,  her turd of a husband. 

What's the problem in tasting human milk? I do drink cow milk, but have you ever saw real cows? In terms of cleanness* and even ethics, woman milk is far less disgusting than cow's one.

*(I'm not vegan. I eat dairy. I know cow milk is really processed to avoid bacteria, but still, why to hate tasting human milk? Because it comes from a breast? I just don't get it, I find natural that some people are curious about its flavour).

15 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

As this was a Duggar thread, I commented on Duggar babies. 

Just as how I can say I like vegetables without meaning I think fruits aren't important, I can comment on the cuteness of certain kids without having to include the ones I'm not speaking about. ?

I hear you. I was commenting on the broader concept of only white babies being Gerber cute, and actual Gerber babies only being white. Thread drift if you will. Not meant to be personal. I'm Black, so I notice these things. Minorities can be sensitive to things that the majority just doesn't notice. Such as Aunt Jemima still being on the pancake box, and Uncle Ben still on the rice box. Advertisers really should wake up. That's all.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived