IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

^^ Plus the advantage of modesty rules is that anything bodycon would be off the table. I don't think any woman in Fundieland gets shamed by her community for wearing baggy clothes.

That being said, I'd make a horrible fundie. I love spandex pants and hate the patriarchy.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If (heaven forbid) I was a fundie, I'd probably just break down and buy pieces that could accommodate whatever weight/stage of pregnancy I was at on any given day, just to save money and cut down on the hassle of having several wardrobes worth of pieces I couldn't wear. Seems Anna, for one, does this too. 

The duggars also seek to all share clothes, so they have a larger variety of clothes for different stages of pregnancy/post baby weight loss/non pregnant life than most people would, and considering that they usually are at different points with their bodies it probably works well. 

If they all have a similar fashion sense this makes sense for women who are in a cult that makes them have eleventy kids.

They shared clothes when they lived together but not after marriage. They're all planning to be pregnant many times so why wouldn't they have a decent maternity wardrobe?

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

They shared clothes when they lived together but not after marriage. They're all planning to be pregnant many times so why wouldn't they have a decent maternity wardrobe?

I am pretty sure we have seen them share at least some outfits, including maternity, after marriage. That one floral dress for example. But I think there have been others too. 

That floral dress seems to be owned by more than one fundie and I honestly don't remember seeing any of them in anything their sister wore, at least nothing on their social medias.

The mustard courting cardigan is the only thing I remember being worn by multiple sisters. I think the floral dress on Anna and Joy were different colours. I think there was a third floral dress, maybe Laura or another friend.

There is not one single thing in ANY of their outfits that would make me think “fundie” or “pregnant” or even “modest” those are all outfits that would be very, very average for a family on an outing in my area ( which is as far from fundie land as you can get )  Most little girls in my area wear leggings with those kind of loose tunic / short dresses. Not 100% of the time, but as often as not. It’s the primary clothing combination I see on local little girls. And Anna’s dress style is super common. They are incredibly comfortable, easy to move in, affordable, washable, etc.  The ONLY thing that would stand out is the number of kids, but only in a split second - “holy hell, that’s a lot of little kids to wrangle ! Wait, I used to look like that! Damn, how did I survive?” Kind of way.

2 hours ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

The mustard courting cardigan is the only thing I remember being worn by multiple sisters. I think the floral dress on Anna and Joy were different colours. I think there was a third floral dress, maybe Laura or another friend.

Turned out there were multiple yellow cardigans. :pb_lol:

On 9/3/2018 at 10:20 AM, melon said:

I was brought up on whole bread,too.My parents did not buy white bread.My grandparents didn't buy white bread,either.

When,I was a little girl and would be invited to eat at a friend's house,I LOVED their white bread.

I love grilled cheese,too.

Looking back, now I wonder if my friends parents thought I was food deprived - I’d go to their houses and absolutely raid the pantry for white bread, sugar cereal, maraschino cherries, Ho-Ho’s, SODA, .....?

On the other hand, my kids always took healthy lunches to school. My now-adult daughter and I were recently talking and she mentioned how she’d always trade her carrots, string cheese, yogurt, fruit etc...for Ho-Ho’s, sugar treats, Cheetos, etc..... and we got to wondering how crappy these kids lunches must of been that little kids would - every day! - trade a treat for some carrots or cheese or Nuts  - Like, nutrition, pleaaseee....give me something with some protein, or fiber, or vitamins, pleaaaseee

22 hours ago, BernRul said:

She also had five kids. I don't think most of us would be able to have five kids in under 10 years without looking occassionally bloated. 

This isn't directed at you specifically, but I just hate it when we say a woman looks pregnant, especailly when she's already had multiple pregnancies. She's not Kim Kardashian. She doesn't have professionals touching up her photos or weight loss trainers after giving birth. I'm sorry, it's just a horrible message to send to women and girls. 

Thank you!! The body pressure put on women after having children is horrific.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

FTFY.

Yes, all the body pressure on women and girls is awful. But I think mom’s are put through a special level of scrutiny. It’s really unhealthy. Some women do have bodies that look the same no matter how many children they have - even without focusing on it. Many do not. I really was impressed with Princess Kate and how - while she was styled, made-up and in ridiculous heels - still came out of the hospital with the normal look of still being only somewhat less pregnant. She could of gone for big tent dresses to hide it, paired with baby shawls hiding her stomach, but she didn’t. 

Spoiler

1D11CACE-B8FC-43F1-A10C-2AAC6562442C.thumb.png.925bde4edaf9c08a41605647f71304e4.png

Lookie here, a Christmas present for Joshly.  Maybe Derick too seeing as he’s surrounded by ebil wimmins in pants at Law School.

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:
  Hide contents

1D11CACE-B8FC-43F1-A10C-2AAC6562442C.thumb.png.925bde4edaf9c08a41605647f71304e4.png

Lookie here, a Christmas present for Joshly.  Maybe Derick too seeing as he’s surrounded by ebil wimmins in pants at Law School.

He needs this to remind him not to cheat 

Who would buy a ring like that?

Do you buy it for your partner when they cheated before? Like one of those rubber bands for alcoholics? Or is it more a precaution to make sure they never cheat?

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Do you buy it for your partner when they cheated before? Like one of those rubber bands for alcoholics? Or is it more a precaution to make sure they never cheat?

I can’t believe anyone would buy that without it being a joke. Also pretty sure no one that ever cheated would have been stopped from doing so by that ring. 

”Sure, I’ll come home with you! Oh no! Wait! My ring says I’m not allowed.” :pb_rollseyes:

7 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It’s a bracelet.  Doesn’t make it better though.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:25 AM, justmy2cents said:

I'm sure I remember one of the sisters - maybe Jill or Joy? - saying they'd be borrowing their sisters' maternity clothes. In fact, I think that during Joy's pregnancy she was actually photographed wearing a top Jill had also worn while pregnant. It was kind of fuschia pink, IIRC, not very Joy. 

It's pretty usual to inherit/borrow someone else's maternity clothes - my cousin's wife has offered me loads of hers - and obviously the TTH has its gross rummage-basket for shoes, as well as the usual hand-me-down system to younger siblings so they'll be in the habit of it. But if they all expect to be pregnant as frequently as Michelle was, I agree you'd think they'd want a permanent maternity wardrobe.

50 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Still no known Duggar Jestations... For now.

We're at what, 1 month and 12 days?

Where's the WOW reaction when you need it? :wow:

On 9/9/2018 at 6:46 PM, Ms. Squishels said:

When I see pictures like this, especially of Josh's daughters, with all the fundie girls wearing  leggings under their dresses, I always think about the fact that it's all because of Josh Duggar.  So the reason HIS daughters have to wear those things all the time is because he molested his sisters.  I wonder what Anna says to them (or Josh even) if they complain about the leggings and ask not to wear them.  Same thing for his younger sisters and future nieces.

No, it is not because Josh.

Fundy little girls used to wear very long dresses with or without leggings/pantyhose. When they left the frumpy style and became more modern, the only option for maintain the modesty  was the legging thing. Children run, jump, don't sit properly and legs can be seen.

It is not a Duggar creation, all fundies were doing that before Josh scandals. Now, some are taking leggings off, or even dressing the girls on pants, but the most conservative ones are still stuck on leggings.

5 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Still no known Duggar Jestations... For now.

We're at what, 1 month and 12 days?

The longer we go without an announcement, the more likely we'll get a bunch all together.  Baby wave 2nd half of 2019...

On 9/10/2018 at 11:48 AM, Mama Mia said:

Thank you!! The body pressure put on women after having children is horrific.

The body pressure put on women period is horrific.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived