IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

55 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Did Michael and Marcus learn to sew? 

Ofcourse not! We are thankful for boys being boys and girls being girls. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sewing camp sounds incredibly boring to me, but hopefully those girls liked it. The fact that only Jordyn went, rather than all of the younger Duggar girls, might mean that only the girls who were actually interested in it went to sewing camp.

I just had another thought too. I know that frequently we are concerned when these girls grow into young women and get married without any skills that they could use to make money as needed. I know fewer people are learningng how to sew very well (besides maybe being able to sew on a button), and these girls as women with no choice as their system allows them could potentially bring money into the family doing alterations or repairs. Again, I wish that they had other choices like additional schooling, but they don't.

I am sure that I am reading too much into this, but we have talked a lot about how Anna is stuck. Maybe, in her way, she's seeing that if her daughter could bring money in as a seamstress then she might not be stuck in a horrible marriage as her mother is. Again, I'm sure I'm over interpreting things.

yesterday I got to thinking with Jinger about to give birth and Garrett now here. Anna can no longer brag (Or fun fact us if you want to be nicer) that she has the only Duggar Granddaughters or that she has half the duggar Grand kids. 

I am relieved we haven't seen the redemption tour yet. However, that may just be because Mason is still fairly young. My money is still on a redemption tour at some point in the future. I do wonder if a book deal with a Christian publisher is a possibility. Rephrased, I wonder if it's a remote possibility or a good possibility. 

47 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

yesterday I got to thinking with Jinger about to give birth and Garrett now here. Anna can no longer brag (Or fun fact us if you want to be nicer) that she has the only Duggar Granddaughters or that she has half the duggar Grand kids. 

Then She best get herself pregnant with Twins,preferably girls, LOL . Eventually somebody has to have them and Anna is a dear and wonderful mother . I am routing for her to keep her bragging rights :)

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Anna is a dear and wonderful mother . 

Shame she’s married to a child molester though. 

well according to pickles Derick is going to law school and I have to wonder what Josh thinks of that. wasn't he the one who wanted to be a lawyer during one of the first specials? 

16 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well according to pickles Derick is going to law school and I have to wonder what Josh thinks of that. wasn't he the one who wanted to be a lawyer during one of the first specials? 

Quite frankly, I'd rather deal with Josh as a lawyer. 

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

Who’s the girl? 

I believe that is Jana's friend Laura I think is her name. I believe she lives with the Duggar's now.  she's been seen a few times on the show notably I remember her helping with I think it was Joy's wedding. 

Why do they need a helper at the house? There are only 8 Duggars under 18 at the TTH with the youngest being 8 1/2 years old. Seriously Michelle? Take care of your own kids. 

6 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Why do they need a helper at the house? There are only 8 Duggars under 18 at the TTH with the youngest being 8 1/2 years old. Seriously Michelle? Take care of your own kids. 

first that would never happen. ever. Michelle checked out after her laundry room melt down. also some speculate that Laura is more there to be a friend for Jana since she's the only adult daughter still at home. 

19 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

We know very little about the children still in the house. It’s possible that one or more have a learning disability and need extra attention for their education, hence the live-in tutor. 

I'd love to give M and JB credit for concern over learning disabilities but, I doubt that's the driving factor. You never know.

Is Anna wearing that dress we have seen worn among pregnant Duggars? Surely it's still too soon for all that.

2 minutes ago, fundiesfordays said:

Is Anna wearing that dress we have seen worn among pregnant Duggars? 

It is also a very popular dress that's sold on Amazon. Maybe everyone got their own version.

13 minutes ago, fundiesfordays said:

Is Anna wearing that dress we have seen worn among pregnant Duggars? Surely it's still too soon for all that.

She was wearing the same dress when she was about full-term with Mason.

Maybe that's a plus of wearing frumpy clothes: maternitydresses can just as well work as a normal dress.

5 minutes ago, fundiesfordays said:

@WiseGirl and @CarrotCake Thanks! I thought I remembered both Joy and Anna wearing this dress when they had prominent bumps, but it's hard to keep up at this point!

I think Joy also wore the dress when she was just pregnant and did not announce yet. If I recall correctly it was the dirtbike picture and we all speculated if she was pregnant since she was wearing the same dress as Anna.

Edit:

Found it: 

joy-duggar-1.jpg?w=1500&w=700&q=85

I know people have mentioned Anna has been pretty consistent in her spacing with about 24 months between babies. I think it's def to early for Anna to be pregnant again. I wouldn't be suprised if post-partum if this dress was simply a comfortable choice. 

I know how to sew on a button and that’s about it. I once sewed a rip on my fencing jacket and while it worked it looked pretty terrible. I recently paid a seamstress $60 to hem a bridesmaids dress. The skirt had two layers but no other alterations were done. I honestly have no idea how much work would go in to sewing the dress but the price did seem a little steep. Obviously  it would have been much cheaper if I could have done it myself. Sewing is a very useful skill to have. 

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

She was wearing the same dress when she was about full-term with Mason.

Maybe that's a plus of wearing frumpy clothes: maternitydresses can just as well work as a normal dress.

Well, when you're a Fundie and expect to be pregnant off and on for a good twenty years, I can see clothes that double as regular and maternity clothes. See Michelle and the famous green shirt. 

Actually, once a Fundie passes her child bearing years, I wonder if it's a little jarring to just find clothes that only need to fit and not expand. I know modesty prevents tight-fitted clothes but there's a difference to me between tight-fitting and clothes that will expand a bit.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived