IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

3 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Again, a doctor politely telling you to loose weight for health reasons isn't body shaming.

As for your ridiculous cigarettes comment, this goes for weight as well, I won't comment on someone with a BMI of 26, but as mentioned when there's someone (and that happens EVERY.SINGLE.DAY) with a BMI of 40 and I'm telling them that medications alone won't get rid of their multitude of medical problems and recommend seeing a nutritionist, that isn't body shaming. 

BTW, I'm not within the normal BMI range either (16). You know who calls me a "skinny bitch" and "anorexic" on a regular basis? Overweight people who are very vocal about being body shamed themselves and post about body positivity frequently, I'd call that hypocritical.

I think the issue is that no one here is Kelly Bates’ Doctor*. No one except her Doctor can really know how her health is. So making comments about her health based solely off her weight or size does come across as inappropriate and shaming.

*Unless her Doctor is secretly reading here. If so, please don’t comment as that would violate HIPAA in the worst way. 

16 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Wow, Alyssa is quite a petite woman.  Granted her husband and FIL are tall, but she is wearing heels and still tiny!

Yes, Alyssa is on the shorter side. I think all the Bates women are. It isn’t always so obvious, but like you said John and Taliban Dan are both pretty tall men. It’ll be interesting to see how tall their kids end up being.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

So, pretty much go fuck yourselves with your body shaming.  Even Kelly Bates doesn't deserve that.  The woman had 19 kids. 

Nobody was body shaming Kelly either, words you put into our mouths. They stated that at her weight, she is at risk for gestational diabetes, simple medical fact.

1 minute ago, squiddysquid said:

Nobody was body shaming Kelly either, words you put into our mouths. They stated that at her weight she is at risk for gestational diabetes, simple medical fact.

Are you sure you are a doctor? Because only pregnant people are at risk for gestational diabetes. 

On 6/24/2018 at 7:09 PM, melon said:

In an episode with Kelly at an appt,with Dr.Vick...he said she had gestational diabetes.I believe it was when she was going to have Jeb.

We were talking about the risks of having eleventy kids and Kelly is still trying to get pregnant.

And in previous comments about health issues due to being overweight in general, I wrote DMII.

Uh huh.  I'm sure Kelly was always exactly the size she is now in her fifties.  I'm so done with this.  I'm sorry the fatties told you to eat a cheeseburger.  It's pretty obvious that you have issues with weight, given that you assume I'm obese because I think your comments on this topic are not appropriate.  Bye.

2 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

We were talking about the risks of having eleventy kids and Kelly is still trying to get pregnant.

And in previous comments about health issues due to being overweight in general, I wrote DMII.

25 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

As far as I know, Kelly isn’t really trying to get pregnant anymore. She made comments about how that season has probably come to a close, indicating that she likely isn’t able to conceive any longer. So no, she most likely is not at risk for developing gestational diabetes anymore. 

ETA: Here’s what I was remembering:

0B7EBD76-ECAA-4A96-988B-C315DEC28FDA.thumb.png.6312f88913ae85d975e152244d34c9f2.png

She made the comment during the first season of Bringing Up Bates. She hasn’t had a known pregnancy ever since, so I’m pretty sure she knew at that point that her pregnancy days were over. 

31 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I'm sorry the fatties told you to eat a cheeseburger.  It's pretty obvious that you have issues with weight, given that you assume I'm obese because I think your comments on this topic are not appropriate.  Bye.

Charming. I'm glad I brought the subject up, I'd say you are the one being inappropriate here.

This is a mild version of what I deal with every day and people think it is acceptable, that is my issue.

She has said several times she's not having more babies. I suppose she had clear menopause symptoms. 

Just now, Melissa1977 said:

She has said several times she's not having more babies. I suppose she had clear menopause symptoms. 

My thoughts as well. I seriously doubt she would have said anything along those lines if she weren’t positive she couldn’t conceive again. So I really don’t think speculation regarding gestational diabetes is really warranted at this point.

The horsie is dead.  I'm calling upon Samurai Sarah and her entrenching tools.  

We don't need to hurt each other over a maybe problem with a fundie woman on TV and we all need to remember the cameras add the proverbial 10 pounds.  

21 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Wow, Alyssa is quite a petite woman.  Granted her husband and FIL are tall, but she is wearing heels and still tiny!

She is. I've seen her a couple of times in person when she's been visiting her Father in Law on Capitol Hill, and she really is petite.

I was not attempting to body shame Kelly Bates, but if you look at her picture on her wedding day she was Alyssa W sized and thin. Yes, aging does cause most people to gain weight (until they are elderly when most shrink), but I'd say in Kelly's case, 20 pregnancies has also contributed. Michelle Duggar seems to work harder at being healthy-

Heck I had 2 pregnancies at late 20s and early 30s with very average sized 7 lb babies, was thin before, and have put on weight after menopause- actually more so during peri-menopause. 

Dear Rufus, can we stop discussing health issues and get back to the cult? Alyssa went to DC where her father in law is a congressman supporting the separation of families at the border.  

Interestingly, Webster backed the Keep Families Together and Enforce the Law Act, which moves to keep incarcerated families together (nice!) while they rot in prison camps (bummer.) The bill also removes the 20-day limit to detention and expands the capacity of the prisons by "at least" 1,000 bodies, for larger-scale and longer-term internment. As you can tell, I am a little suspicious.

7 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

The bill also removes the 20-day limit to detention and expands the capacity of the prisons by "at least" 1,000 bodies, for larger-scale and longer-term internment. As you can tell, I am a little suspicious.

That is unsettling 

On 6/25/2018 at 10:37 AM, Oh_Dear! said:

Looks like the Webster’s spent some time in DC with the fam. 

Does anyone have any details about Johns siblings?  I know there are 6 of them and that Tori Webster is a very close friend of Alyssa’s. But I have no clue about the others... just curious if anyone has a list of them with spouses and offspring. 

instead of weight, lets discuss how in the second to last photo Ally is posing next to a display of Kanye West's Jesus Rolling Stone Cover (maybe they are at the newseum?)

I am imagining the fundie response to it. though now that he is a trumpie maybe all is forgiven

rolling-stone-kanye-14420.jpg

On 6/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, squiddysquid said:

Dear Rufus, spare me from patients with a BMI of 40 telling us: "Yes, I have DMII, high blood pressure, gallbladder issues, heart disease, a previous stroke, knee issues, peripheral neuropathy... but none of that is related to my weight, how dare you!"

Yes this will get me downvotes but that is the majority of our patients, if a doctor isn't allowed to tell you to lose weight... that this is the underlying issue of all your problems. This isn't about being impolite, we're actually trying to help, meds don't fix everything. Rant over.

Doctors should be able to tell patients to lose weight. I've been told it and I'm only 15lbs overweight but it's causing breathing issues. I've been told I desperately need to drop those 15lbs so that my asthma gets better. It's my health not the doctors.

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Doctors should be able to tell patients to lose weight. I've been told it and I'm only 15lbs overweight but it's causing breathing issues. I've been told I desperately need to drop those 15lbs so that my asthma gets better. It's my health not the doctors.

I agree, there's actually a lot of little things you can do to help with asthma but sadly healthcare professionals get burnt out sometimes and don't take the extra steps

That is a short little dress Alyssa is wearing. Her followers must be losing their minds. And I don't know how she dresses in the small dress and high heels with three little kids. I had my three in 4 years and had to give up that look for a while. Just to bend down and pick one child up is a dangerous proposition! 

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Do Kelly and Gil ever actually parent their own children?

(The correct answer is No.)

I've never followed the Bates as closely as the Duggars, so my first reaction to that picture is: Who the heck are those boys??? I vaguely remember one of the middle boys being called Warden, but that's it. :my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, DillyDally said:

I've never followed the Bates as closely as the Duggars, so my first reaction to that picture is: Who the heck are those boys??? I vaguely remember one of the middle boys being called Warden, but that's it. :my_biggrin:

Left to right: Warden (15 years old), Jackson (16 years old), Isaiah (13 years old)

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Left to right: Warden (15 years old), Jackson (16 years old), Isaiah (13 years old)

One of them, I think Warden(?), was Alyssa's buddy and she seems to have remained kind of close to him.

On 6/30/2018 at 10:15 AM, SassyPants said:

I was not attempting to body shame Kelly Bates, but if you look at her picture on her wedding day she was Alyssa W sized and thin. Yes, aging does cause most people to gain weight (until they are elderly when most shrink), but I'd say in Kelly's case, 20 pregnancies has also contributed. Michelle Duggar seems to work harder at being healthy-

Heck I had 2 pregnancies at late 20s and early 30s with very average sized 7 lb babies, was thin before, and have put on weight after menopause- actually more so during peri-menopause. 

I don't think Michelle works harder at being Healthy I think she works harder at keeping Jim Bob happy. which means her staying small. plus remember Michelle has struggled with eating disorders so that all factors in. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived