IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

Why do people say Alyssa does not want a big family? She is no different than the rest of her family.  Here is a clip of her saying she wants a big family, 6, 8 maybe 10 kids. This was right after she got married.  

She ALREADY has 3 children!

fast forward to about the 8 minute mark.

She wants a big family

edited to add: Watch until the end to catch Josie’s facial expression when John kisses Alyssa. It’s pretty cute.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To her a big family is19 children. 6 to 10 would be on the smaller side. She said she couldn't handle 19 but maybe could 6 to 10. She seemed to say that 10 was her limit. Either she wants to have them young and close together or she's changed her mind since her wedding. We'll know in another 20 years.

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

To her a big family is19 children. 6 to 10 would be on the smaller side.

She says in the clip, “I want a big family”.....

technically not a clip, it is a program

15 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

She says in the clip, “I want a big family”.....

technically not a clip, it is a program

Sorry, I didn't watch the clip. I was going off memory. In any case, she said she didn't see herself being able to deal with more than 10 ( I'm paraphrasinge  here). Since she gave an upper limit it doesn't sound like she intends to leave the size of her family up to god which some of us translate into her not wanting a large (Duggar size) family.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:36 PM, KelseyAnn said:

I was proud of my little sister actually having her room cleaned when I came to visit- and she's nearly 21. 

My 19 yo brother moved out of our house to his own place a few months ago. He pays my kids to come clean for him lmao

And I could've sworn Alyssa had made a few comments about not wanting a bunch of kkds much more recently than her freshly married, no kids yet self.

Alyssa said 10 before marrying. After Allie, she said no more than 6 (John said 8).

Alyssa is absolutely focused in her physical appearance. No doubt she loves her kids, but she is an outgoing, not very patient person who loves a quiet home. She said she was overwhelmed with 2. In my opinion, if she has more kids she will be really frustrated.

Anyway, she married at 19 and she's really fertile. No matter if she stops at 3 or at 6, stopping will mean birth control. So saying "I want just 6" is the same as saying "I want just one", although it may sound slightly fundier.

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa said 10 before marrying. After Allie, she said no more than 6 (John said 8).

Alyssa is absolutely focused in her physical appearance. No doubt she loves her kids, but she is an outgoing, not very patient person who loves a quiet home. She said she was overwhelmed with 2. In my opinion, if she has more kids she will be really frustrated.

Anyway, she married at 19 and she's really fertile. No matter if she stops at 3 or at 6, stopping will mean birth control. So saying "I want just 6" is the same as saying "I want just one", although it may sound slightly fundier.

Yep. Some form of prevention - whether it’s NFP or condoms or hormonal birth control - is going to be necessary if they’re being honest about how many kids they want. They may end up with more kids than they truly want or kids spaced closer together than they’d like because some methods may not work as well for them as others will. I think there are some methods they wouldn’t consider at all, like hormonal birth control (I’d honestly be very surprised if they opted for hormonal birth control.) They’d probably be most likely to try NFP (if they haven’t already), which I’ve heard can be tricky for some couples to get right at first. It can be effective for some couples though.

If they honestly want less kids then I hope that happens and that they find a way to make it happen. It’d be better for the kids not to have to compete against a hoard of siblings for attention and resources. If they actively choose not to prevent or they insist on using a method that doesn’t work for them then my sympathy for John and Alyssa will be more limited though.  

I see no reason to believe Alyssa saying she wants X number of kids is any indication she plans on using birth control. For a normal person it would be, but these people think that what they want doesn't matter and God will decide what is best, and they need to surrender their desires to him.  Until there is any evidence of Alyssa slowing down the baby making, I'm taking her ideas of 10, 6-8, only one more girl, etc, as wishful thinking. 

Looks like the Webster’s spent some time in DC with the fam. 

Does anyone have any details about Johns siblings?  I know there are 6 of them and that Tori Webster is a very close friend of Alyssa’s. But I have no clue about the others... just curious if anyone has a list of them with spouses and offspring. 

7 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Looks like the Webster’s spent some time in DC with the fam. 

Does anyone have any details about Johns siblings?  I know there are 6 of them and that Tori Webster is a very close friend of Alyssa’s. But I have no clue about the others... just curious if anyone has a list of them with spouses and offspring. 

1-David Webster married to Angela (Moore) with 3 children

2- Brent Webster married to Regina (Jones) with 4 children 

3- Jordan Webster married to Olivia (Fredrickson) with 3 children

4- Elizabeth Webster (now Miller) married to Joe Miller with 4 children

5- John Webster married to Alyssa (Bates) with 3 children

6- Victoria "Tori" Webster

5 hours ago, llucie said:

1-David Webster married to Angela (Moore) with 3 children

2- Brent Webster married to Regina (Jones) with 4 children 

3- Jordan Webster married to Olivia (Fredrickson) with 3 children

4- Elizabeth Webster (now Miller) married to Joe Miller with 4 children

5- John Webster married to Alyssa (Bates) with 3 children

6- Victoria "Tori" Webster

Very interesting! How old is David and Brent. Does it seem like they're "Done"

14 minutes ago, habert said:

Very interesting! How old is David and Brent. Does it seem like they're "Done"

By the info i can find online i would say they seem to be done, both have been married for about 18 years and only 3-4 children and very close together.

I wonder if Alyssa resells some of the clothes that she receives in exchange for promoting them on her social media. Frankly, I would if I wasn't wild about the item. : )

Wear them a few times--then  quietly sell them on ebay or to a local consignment store.

On 6/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, SassyPants said:

By today's health standards, I'm betting she is not "just find." She is clearly overweight. Dollars to donuts her blood glucose is higher than the recommended <100 fasting. (Which is soon to go to less than 95). Most of the adult population has a blood glucose that is too high. *

*I do not want to have a conversation about if Americans are being medicated to our detriment*

On 6/24/2018 at 9:11 PM, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Tha really doesn’t mean much. I had GD and I am not over weight or unhealthy. It does however mean that she MAY be pre-disposed to developing actual diabetes at a later date. 

Very intersting. I was diagnosed with GD a few weeks ago. The normal levels are the same as in the USA (<100 fasting and <140 after 1h). The levels for pregnant women are actually different to get diagnosed with it (<92 fasting, <180 after 1h, <153 after 2h). The test is optional but paid by health care providers, so almost everyone gets it done between 24 and 28 weeks. Thankfully I have been able to manage it by nutrition (which is NO fun) but have to measure 4x a day and need to stay in the range of <95 fasting and <140 after 1hour.

Never thought GB would be a problem as I haven’t gained much and wasn’t overweight before. Baby isn’t bigger than usual so they caught it early enough.

That said, I think Kelly is overweight but seems to be still fine. Her weight and the 20 pregnancies might still affect her health already or later. Or she will get old and still be alright healthy. I am astonished how well she is doing after all those pregnancies- I mean one could argue what it is she actually does but that might be for another thread.

Some people life a very unhealthy live but don’t suffer any consequences from that. Not saying that we shouldn’t pay attention to our health but apart from her weight and her eyes she seems to fine.

Dear Rufus, spare me from patients with a BMI of 40 telling us: "Yes, I have DMII, high blood pressure, gallbladder issues, heart disease, a previous stroke, knee issues, peripheral neuropathy... but none of that is related to my weight, how dare you!"

Yes this will get me downvotes but that is the majority of our patients, if a doctor isn't allowed to tell you to lose weight... that this is the underlying issue of all your problems. This isn't about being impolite, we're actually trying to help, meds don't fix everything. Rant over.

Wow, Alyssa is quite a petite woman.  Granted her husband and FIL are tall, but she is wearing heels and still tiny!

34 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Dear Rufus, spare me from patients with a BMI of 40 telling us: "Yes, I have DMII, high blood pressure, gallbladder issues, heart disease, a previous stroke, knee issues, peripheral neuropathy... but none of that is related to my weight, how dare you!"

Yes this will get me downvotes but that is the majority of our patients, if a doctor isn't allowed to tell you to lose weight... that this is the underlying issue of all your problems. This isn't about being impolite, we're actually trying to help, meds don't fix everything. Rant over.

There have even been recent studies that show the HAE is damaging people because it actually encourages people not to make vital changes for thier healthy. 

30 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Wow, Alyssa is quite a petite woman.  Granted her husband and FIL are tall, but she is wearing heels and still tiny!

Right! I havn't been that tiny since tenth grade!

By all means, please go ahead and make a bunch of assumptions about the state of Kelly Bates's health because she is (slightly) overweight.  That's not at all fucking ridiculous.   

3 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Ummmmmmm.... NO ONE SAID THIS.  Give it a rest. 

On 6/26/2018 at 11:55 AM, just_ordinary said:

Very intersting. I was diagnosed with GD a few weeks ago. The normal levels are the same as in the USA (<100 fasting and <140 after 1h). The levels for pregnant women are actually different to get diagnosed with it (<92 fasting, <180 after 1h, <153 after 2h). The test is optional but paid by health care providers, so almost everyone gets it done between 24 and 28 weeks. Thankfully I have been able to manage it by nutrition (which is NO fun) but have to measure 4x a day and need to stay in the range of <95 fasting and <140 after 1hour.

I am in extremely good physical shape, very low body fat, if I put in a few weeks of work could be lean enough for six pack to stick out. I lift very heavy weights, lifting has changed my life and made me happier and healthier in every way.

And I still had GD with my son, which was diet-controlled, but tough. I didn't gain very much that pregnancy, about 21 lbs and he was still 9lb4oz 10 days before he was due. With my daughter my GD was so bad it was diagnosed as early as 13 weeks and I had very high insulin needs, with meals and overnight. Diet could not control it at all. My blood glucose returned to normal within 6 hours of birth and after my pregnancies my a1c has been ideal, 4.7-4.8. My Mom (very thin and in shape) has diabetes and so did her mother. You just can't fight genes sometimes, no matter how much you eat well and work out and maintain a good weight.

8 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Smoking cigarettes doesn't mean unhealthy- it's just a risk factor. 

"Smoking cigarettes" can run the gamut from having one cigarette when you are 15 to 50 pack years... so yeah..... IT IS A RISK FACTOR.  Having a cigarette in one's life does NOT equate with unhealthy.  As with anything and everything, there are variables.  There are rail thin people who are very unhealthy.  There are mildly overweight people who get their cardio in and eat nutritiously and take their meds and maintain their health.  Humans are not capable of being so easily pigeonholed by BMI charts.  So, pretty much go fuck yourselves with your body shaming.  Even Kelly Bates doesn't deserve that.  The woman had 19 kids. 

Again, a doctor politely telling you to loose weight for health reasons isn't body shaming.

As for your ridiculous cigarettes comment, this goes for weight as well, I won't comment on someone with a BMI of 26, but as mentioned when there's someone (and that happens EVERY.SINGLE.DAY) with a BMI of 40 and I'm telling them that medications alone won't get rid of their multitude of medical problems and recommend seeing a nutritionist, that isn't body shaming. 

BTW, I'm not within the normal BMI range either (16). You know who calls me a "skinny bitch" and "anorexic" on a regular basis? Overweight people who are very vocal about being body shamed themselves and post about body positivity frequently, I'd call that hypocritical.

Well, there you go. Nobody likes to be body shamed.  I would point out to you that you are putting words into my mouth, and maybe you're projecting.  

Edited because: Ugh not worth it. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived