IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Her eyebrows are distracting me.

Here right eyebrow is predicting a harsh winter.

3 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Isn't it about time for baby #4?

Alyssa doesn’t really have a reliable pattern at this point. There’s 21 months between Allie (4/15) and Lexi (1/17) and 15 months between Lexi and Zoey (3/18). Zoey will only be six months old at the end of this month, so I’d say it’s likely too early for that. I wouldn’t be surprised if they make an announcement sometime next year though. 

Sorry to be a BEC but why did she do that to her eyebrows? They're very distracting.  They're all I can stare at. Is that fashionable? 

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Sorry to be a BEC but why did she do that to her eyebrows? They're very distracting.  They're all I can stare at. Is that fashionable? 

Yes, super thick eyebrows are very in. I do wonder if she dyed them as well to match the darker roots of her ombre hair. I dye mine, especially when I go really dark with my hair, and the eyebrow dye fades so fast I will go a little darker at first and just look a bit Groucho Marx-esque the first few days. 

I will say though, the super thick eyebrows in general are getting a bit out of control in my opinion. Same as the pencil thin ones popular in 2004. Eyebrows shouldn't be a distraction. The best ones just don't get noticed at all. 

On 9/12/2018 at 3:49 PM, Illmarryyoujana said:

her voice isn’t overly chipper//forced. 

I've always appreciated that Alyssa talks in a lower register and doesn't put on a lot of the affectations that some Fundie women do. I think it actually goes a long way in making her be perceived as more mature and intelligent than say Carlin (not that that perception is accurate; it's just interesting how influential mannerisms and tone of voice are)

In addition to not being a distraction, they shouldn’t be a trend. A person should figure out what suits their face and go with that. Lots of stuff to play around with ladies. I’m all for it. Not the brows.

Ohhh yes those brows. Too dark & not even. I hope she just got out of control with a brow pencil trying a new look & that those wash off. I nearly spit out my coffee laughing once I read someone here actually commented exactly what I was thinking! 

Yeah she doesn't look good with the thick eyebrows and they aren't matched. My Lily Collins look-alike self can teach her a thing or two about getting the perfect thick eyebrows but I think she just can't rock them.

Unpopular opinion, I guess, but I thought she looked nice.  I've always liked thick brows, though, and I'm glad they're in style now. 

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Unpopular opinion, I guess, but I thought she looked nice.  I've always liked thick brows, though, and I'm glad they're in style now. 

I've always had thicker eyebrows so I'm glad they're in style now too - I just "clean" them up a little bit. I like that Alyssa is making them thicker now, maybe they're just too far apart? I didn't see the video but that's what it looks like from the screenshot.

I hate everything about the idea that natural eyebrows are a style, or shouldn't be worn by some women, etc etc, rather than just a normal part of a woman's face, like her cheekbones or chin (I'd say her nose, but nosejobs are so prevalent). 

I completely understand and respect if women choose to do something else with them because it's fun and they enjoy it, but women should be allowed to stop plucking and leave their eyebrows as they grow, just as men are, without being criticised for it - especially as the "sweet spot" that's acceptable between "too thin" and "too big" is so hard to get right (and I say this as someone with naturally good eyebrows - they're my best feature!)

That post is beyond weird.  

1.  she has plucked her unibrow too far apart.  It really looks odd.

2. She is cleaning office buildings at night?  Plumbers make good money and he works for the family business?  Wtf?  Did she run up huge amounts of credit card debt?

3.  Instameal plan for toddlers?  How about Kraft Mac-n-Cheese, Applesause, Hot Dogs, Lunchables, Drumsticks along with carrots & ranch, PBJ etc?  Toddlers do not have fancy taste buds or eat a lot.  I hope she is getting these meals for free otherwise she is a complete dope when it comes to money?  

4.  Man has she aged.  She used to look like a cute fun mom.  Now she looks beat down.  What on Earth happened? Something does not smell right here.

Eh. I do think her eyebrows look a bit odd. They look too far apart for me personally. But I don't really feel she looks bad enough to say she has really aged or looks beat down. The picture/video certainly wasn't the most flattering one of her but she has 3 young kids so being a bit tired or less made up is hardly a surprise. While I personally wouldn't pay for meal subscription service (though we do get most of our vegetables through a CSA and we just pick up the box weekly) the meals they show int he picture look closer to the meals I attempted to serve my kids when they were younger. Sure they got plenty of hot dogs and mac and cheese but we have tried hard to make processed foods a small part of our diet and that started when the kids first started eating. It is really up to everyone's personal finances to determine whether the money to do a subscription service for meals, for kids or adults, is worth it. I do know many families that chose to use a service, simply because it makes their life easier. We all have our short cuts. 

I am really not sure what the issue is with her cleaning office building at night is or why that means she must have run up credit card bills. It can be she simply wants to do something out of the house but be home with her kids during the day. Or maybe they are saving for a bigger house or whatever. I am not going to judge her for that.

Now, I will totally judge the hell out of her if/when she make political statements or shows support for her FIL as well as her family's beliefs since she has never spoken out against them and I assume (perhaps wrongly) that she shares those views and values. 

6 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

2. She is cleaning office buildings at night?  Plumbers make good money and he works for the family business?  Wtf?  Did she run up huge amounts of credit card debt?

He is not a plumber. He works in his family air conditioning bussiness. The one that is a plumber is Kelton, Josie boyfriend.

And both her and her husband have had the cleaning bussiness since the begining of their marriage, it was even featured on the show, so its asumed they dont make enought in the air conditioning one to live well enought.

I don't think the thickness of the brows is as much of a problem as she colored them in too dark, looks like she used a black pencil instead of brown, and one is darker than the other. 

Won't judge her for getting her kids healthy food instead of processed crap like Kraft and hot dogs. Lord knows she spent her childhood eating and cooking that so maybe wants something healthier for her kids. Plus she was probably sent that for free to promote, she's done lots of these kinds of insta-ads.

I am rather impressed that she still works night shifts/late in the evening in their cleaning business. With three young children that are not in daycare, when does she sleep or finds the time to work out (I assume she does), do the housework und start homeschooling? I don’t think they are exactly hurting for money. With her (very) little side job at UP, small Instagram jobs (don’t know if she does ads, sponsorships or just freebies), cleaning offices and John additionally working what seems to be a full time job and not to forget her FIL, I believe they are probably even able to put some money aside. 

I don’t see her FIL wanting any mentions of how his son and family are in financial struggles. That would be bad PR, even more so if someone would decide to dig a bit deeper.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:05 AM, Tatar-tot said:

How dare a woman work!!! Why isn't she just living off her Headship's earnings??  

Get back in the kitchen, you brazen strumpet Alyssa! Make me a sammich!

/sarcasm

On 8/16/2018 at 3:00 AM, lumpentheologie said:

ETA 2: John also posted that he voted for Cruz in the Republican primary. I have conservative religious family who loved Cruz but loathe Trump, so it's not a given he's a Trump supporter. But I mean Cruz would have also destroyed the country, so it's not like they're really off the hook for that. 

I have quite a few American colleagues and while all of them are Democrats, quite a few of them have families who are Republicans who voted for Bush, McCain, Romney etc, but couldn't bring themselves to vote for Trump. One of my colleagues was saying her parents actively campaigned for Cruz, but abstained from voting for Trump because "he is vile".

I have no doubt that Alyssa and John are conservative republicans, but I am going to give them (and anyone) the benefit of the doubt on being Trump supporters unless they come out and confirm they did vote for him.

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Alyssa about how motherhood is hard. And looking good, as always. 

I don't wether John has any intention of pursuing a political career in the future, but Alyssa sure has the look of a politician's wife.

I am so impressed her kids can wear white even for a second and not make a mess. Not even me, the adult, can do that. Mine are almost never in white, at the most in light blue or khaki but for more formal clothes for my kids I tend to go for dark blue, black, red etc and maybe slightly lighter colors for my daughter who is 6 who can usually keep from messing up her clothes for a bit longer than the 2 year old. With three that young I wouldn't dream of white even just for a photo but they do look nice and especially the picture with mother and daughters all in white. This mom never wears white not even to her own wedding so that would never happen for us. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived