IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

On 9/26/2018 at 6:27 PM, elliha said:

I am so impressed her kids can wear white even for a second and not make a mess. Not even me, the adult, can do that. Mine are almost never in white, at the most in light blue or khaki but for more formal clothes for my kids I tend to go for dark blue, black, red etc and maybe slightly lighter colors for my daughter who is 6 who can usually keep from messing up her clothes for a bit longer than the 2 year old. With three that young I wouldn't dream of white even just for a photo but they do look nice and especially the picture with mother and daughters all in white. This mom never wears white not even to her own wedding so that would never happen for us. 

Same. I am 32 and dreading having to wear a wedding dress next year because I am the biggest klutz you will ever meet and will no doubt get something on it.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/26/2018 at 1:27 AM, elliha said:

I am so impressed her kids can wear white even for a second and not make a mess.

Well, what does it mean that those little girls are 1 and 3, wearing white and completely spotless?

I doubt that anyone was able to offer Allie Jane a cup of juice. I'm sure her mother wouldn't have allowed that. Sippy cup of water for her!

No messy food for Lexi Mae. So she wasn't able to taste what the grownups were eating. Need to keep that dress white. Bag of cheerios for her (handed to her one by one by her mother).

Neither toddler would have the opportunity to sit on the floor. That would mess up their dresses. Sit nicely on the chair or stand.

As soon as the baby spit up or smeared anything on her face/hair, all three kids would have to be hauled to the bathroom for cleanup. Got to keep that baby looking perfect.

I don't think having immaculate children is such a great thing.

2 hours ago, melon said:

In one episode of BUB, Allie wasn't allowed to finish her ice cream cone.Alyssa took it from her and threw it in the trash can,

That's kind of horrible. I haven't seen the episode but sometimes kids just need to be kids. That's what stain remover is for. I stock up on stain remover at Costco whenever it's one sale because I hate having stains on my son's clothes.

With regards to the white dresses, I don't see that necessarily as being a huge issue. My son, who is two and half, has white shirts and it mostly ends up being okay. He usually drinks water when he's out anyways because it is easier. We might get him milk at a restaurant, etc. He doesn't really like juice which we think is great. Less sugar so that he can save that for other treats. He is a bit of a cookie monster, which we have no problem with.  Also, while he eats a pretty varied diet at home, he seems to like only a few things when we are eating out. So, until recently, I did bring him cheerios and rice krispy squares, etc because I knew those were things he would eat and we could worry about a more balanced diet at home. His favourite thing at restaurants is French fries. None of these are highly staining foods. I always try to carry wipes with me because I can't stand sticky hands or faces.

My guess is that picture was probably taken near the beginning of the event. I don't see it as a problem if kids learn that there are times that they need to be neat. But if she is crazy and never lets them have spaghetti and meatballs, etc. because of the mess, then that is deeply wrong.

My dad was a no mess person. It was psychologically wounding. I still don’t eat ice cream cones. And I refused to eat sauce on my spaghetti for a very long time.

I wear what I eat. Wendy's, Jack in the Box and Taco Bell are not my friends. Neither are spaghetti, pizza, burritos or chicken tenders (BBQ sauce). 

The mother used to take pot shots at me when I'd spill things on myself. Now, hub and I just laugh. 

On 10/2/2018 at 10:50 AM, AliceInFundyland said:

My dad was a no mess person. It was psychologically wounding. I still don’t eat ice cream cones. And I refused to eat sauce on my spaghetti for a very long time.

My mom was the same way and it also affected me in a deep way.  One of the hardest things I have had to do as a parent is not do the same to  my kids. I coped when they were young by dressing them in darker colors or patterns that would hide the odd stain so that it wouldn't bother me as much and by always have wipes with me. Plus making sure I had extra clothes I could change them into also helped.  I still had issues, like with ice cream cones but I made up a compromise by always asking for a cup on the side so that we could put the cone in the cup if it got too messy for me to handle. It did get a little better by the time my third child was a toddler. But even now, after 15 years of parenting my 9 year old was having an ice cream cone the other day I had had to remind myself it wasn't a big deal if she dripped on herself. 

On 10/1/2018 at 8:11 PM, melon said:

In one episode of BUB, Allie wasn't allowed to finish her ice cream cone.Alyssa took it from her and threw it in the trash can,

My 4 year-old son would have thrown it himself. He's hates messes and stains, despite loving chocolate and ice creams. He eats more carefully than his older brother!. Maybe Allie was uncomfortable holding a melted ice cream and she was ok with her mother throwing it.

Based on IG, Alyssa seems to be into appearances and I'm pretty sure her girls are instructed about the importance of being groomed. Some kids (like my youngest) are ok with that as long as it's not a daily thing. For others, it can be a nightmare. If I had to bet, I would bet Alyssa is in the strict side, but maybe she is just lucky and has naturally quiet children (I hope so).

Allie cried when it was taken,and one of the others asked Alyssa why she threw her daughters ice cream away?

One of my sons also hated to eat something sticky at around 2 or 3.He refused,at the time,to eat jelly,glazed doughnuts and syrup...because they were sticky.

44 minutes ago, melon said:

Allie cried when it was taken,and one of the others asked Alyssa why she threw her daughters ice cream away?

One of my sons also hated to eat something sticky at around 2 or 3.He refused,at the time,to eat jelly,glazed doughnuts and syrup...because they were sticky.

Why does she take it away? Do they explain that?

On 10/1/2018 at 5:24 PM, Hisey said:

Well, what does it mean that those little girls are 1 and 3, wearing white and completely spotless?

I doubt that anyone was able to offer Allie Jane a cup of juice. I'm sure her mother wouldn't have allowed that. Sippy cup of water for her!

No messy food for Lexi Mae. So she wasn't able to taste what the grownups were eating. Need to keep that dress white. Bag of cheerios for her (handed to her one by one by her mother).

Neither toddler would have the opportunity to sit on the floor. That would mess up their dresses. Sit nicely on the chair or stand.

As soon as the baby spit up or smeared anything on her face/hair, all three kids would have to be hauled to the bathroom for cleanup. Got to keep that baby looking perfect.

I don't think having immaculate children is such a great thing.

While I agree with your general sentiment I wouldn’t want random people at some event to put sweet stuff into my child. 

I am not against sweet treats or juice but I noticed way to many adults that are not the actual parents using it as treats to get liked or to reward the child for something. And then we wonder why „comfort food“ or „stress eating” mostly consists of the unhealthiest options available. Maybe because we are trained like that from almost the very start?

This is something I am really thinking about since becoming a mother. How can I hold the balance between introducing unhealthy or very sweet food late, only in small amounts but also not making it a big thing? Or maybe I should just stop overthinking it?

My guess is Alyssa is definitely very conscious about her family’s appearance but this picture is probably from the beginning of the event. Hopefully she is not one of those parents whose children aren’t allowed to get dirty at all.

Alyssa is out campaigning for hate and oppression. She dresses better but hasn't changed her awful beliefs. Interesting article about her FIL who is firmly on the side of Trump. Do people really think Alyssa and John don't support Trump now? 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/lake/os-lk-lauren-ritchie-webster-fibs-campaign-contributions-20180802-story.html

“I need your help to counter the expected attacks,” Webster wrote to previous donors. “Any day now, we can expect a barrage of attacks and smears funded largely by groups who hate President Trump and cringe at my commitment to faith, family and freedom.”

One catch: If the mother of all blitzkriegs is coming, why did Webster give away nearly 20 percent of his campaign contributions to other congressional candidates across the nation? Isn’t that deceptive?

Asked why he did such a thing, the 11th District congressman’s office had nothing to say.

Webster, unfortunately, is using the people of his district as cash cows for congressmen elsewhere, and that’s simply wrong. He should send a second letter and let his contributors know where a substantial portion of the money is going.

2 hours ago, melon said:

She is so uptight, she has always been, since she was a teen at least, very diferent from her parents and siblings. Sometimes it seems like she thinks she is better than them.

Kelly has said Alyssa is just like Grandma Jane.  I think that applies to her cleanliness, and her no nonsense personality.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:30 AM, feministxtian said:

I wear what I eat.

I have this black pullover with flowers and leaves printed on it. Last May I made a delicious soup out of wild garlic/ramson. I ate it during my lunch break at work and it was not until the evening that  I discovered that I had green sprinkles of soup over my pullover in the exact green colour of the leaves... It matched perfectly. 

I think it's weird to expect your little children to take care of their clothes more than to enjoy their meal. I am not sure if I worded it the right way... If my toddler ate his icecream with a corn and he wanted to eat it all, he would be allowed to, no matter how he would look afterwards (I don't have kids yet). Clothes can be put into the washing machine. If Alyssa's children had to participate at that event with beautiful matched outfits then I am sure it was a every stressful event for Alyssa too, like one of you wrote above. If her children are not allowed to mess around at a normal day in normal clothes, then yes,  I think that is strange.  But to me it is way more problematic that these little girls will be raised in that horrible environment of the beliefs from their parents. I think it's telling that they (Or at least Alyssa) want the girls to not mess around with food. They train their kids, they don't educate them or let them blossom in a natural accepting environment. The white dresses are a symbol (yes I might be exaggerating here). 

43 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

But to me it is way more problematic that these little girls will be raised in that horrible environment of the beliefs from their parents. I think it's telling that they (Or at least Alyssa) want the girls to not mess around with food. They train their kids, they don't educate them or let them blossom in a natural accepting environment.

Yes. their environment is terrible. She brought those girls to campaign for a guy who has given his public support of Kavanaugh. This is an environment where women better not say anything if a powerful man does something to them lest they ruin his career. Sitting still and looking pretty are what women are for. 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:11 PM, melon said:

Oh, that makes me sad. When I saw the pictures, I just figured she took pictures before events. When I dress my kids up, that's what I do because I figure at least 1 is going to get rumpled or dirty. Ithe makes me sad when kids aren't allowed to play like normal kids at occasions where that's clearly supposed to be allowed.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:30 PM, feministxtian said:

I wear what I eat. Wendy's, Jack in the Box and Taco Bell are not my friends. Neither are spaghetti, pizza, burritos or chicken tenders (BBQ sauce). 

The mother used to take pot shots at me when I'd spill things on myself. Now, hub and I just laugh. 

I often wear what I eat,too.No matter how hard I try not to spill,I spill.Mr Melon jokes that he cannot take me anywhere.

Ok I may be going out on a limb but today Alyssa has an insta story where she’s shilling for the company Care/of vitamins. She opens her box and the pamphlet they created for her specific vitamin pack. One of the vitamins she was given was a calcium pill and the reason/description for it is “alcohol lowers your calcium absorption.” So I just took a care/of vitamin quiz myself and one of the questions they ask is about your daily and weekly alcohol consumption. The whole gimmic of the vitamins is that they customize them for you. It strikes me as strange that her pamphlet mentions alcohol. Makes me wonder if leaving the family compound has caused her to lift other restrictions aside from simply wearing pants and shorts.

I took the quiz and stated I consumed no alcohol. The suggested vitamins also had a thing about how alcohol consumption could lower absorption. I wasn't very impressed by the entire thing, I'm not sure how it would work in reality. 

So I took it again and switched things up with a goal of getting calcium as a recommendation. I said I didn't drink and the calcium thing I got still said alcohol lowers absorption. It seems they don't personalize the reasons/descriptions of the vitamins. 

They probably don't adjust all the little advice for each person (so even if you tell them don't drink it's just there anyway). Probably way cheaper on their part.

Being practical, she probably would need calcium supplements if she continues to have lots of kids, regardless of whether or not she drinks. I'm sure I've seen discussion about how women like Kelly or Michelle with a boatload of kids (and in quick succession) will probably have a lot of health issues (ie. Arthritis) because of a lack of these nutrients in their bodies over the years.

Anyway, she's posted a video of Allie who decided to borrow some of her mum's nail polish and paint her and Lexi's nails (It's very cute).

Anyway, this was the second video I've seen Alyssa call Lexi "Mae". Not Lexi and Mae together, just Mae.

Just find it a bit curious.

They probably don't adjust all the little advice for each person (so even if you tell them don't drink it's just there anyway). Probably way cheaper on their part.
Being practical, she probably would need calcium supplements if she continues to have lots of kids, regardless of whether or not she drinks. I'm sure I've seen discussion about how women like Kelly or Michelle with a boatload of kids (and in quick succession) will probably have a lot of health issues (ie. Arthritis) because of a lack of these nutrients in their bodies over the years.

Anyway, she's posted a video of Allie who decided to borrow some of her mum's nail polish and paint her and Lexi's nails (It's very cute).
Anyway, this was the second video I've seen Alyssa call Lexi "Mae". Not Lexi and Mae together, just Mae.
Just find it a bit curious.
Michelle has physical therapy exercises she has to do (they were on a family schedule once) and wears orthopedic shoes by necessity; I'd guess she has more physical repercussions than she's telling us!

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived