IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

Ok so, if we have no visitors and I'm not leaving the house...I'm not wearing a bra or make-up. A shower with Burt's Bee's, body wash is SO sexy at the moment. I know I need to do better. Sigh...

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/8/2018 at 1:19 PM, freethemall said:

I feel like Alyssa must have somehow seen some of the comments here about how in her instagram promotions she was coming off cold and unenthusiastic, because all of a sudden she's had a few with some forced smiles.

In re: makeup tutorial - I wear a "full face" everyday but DAMN that's a lot of makeup for "everyday"! Especially with 3 kids. I have 1 kid and thought I wore a lot, which generally consists of - tinted BB cream, concealer, foundation powder, blush/bronzer (I like the combo ones), eyebrow pencil, sometimes eye liner, mascara, chapstick, sometimes lipstick. I can't imagine doing all the eyeshadow for an everyday look.

I use an eyeshadow duo sometimes for everyday, but nothing elaborate. I try to keep my daytime makeup look very “Anne Bancroft in The Graduate.” 

Nothing these people do is modest. The second those specials became fully fledged TV shows and these families sold their lives to the world, modesty went out the window. You can harp on about how skirts and higher necklines are more modest, but you cannot then have births and other private, intimate moments filmed and convince me that is more acceptable than a naked clavicle. What was once "sharing ministry" has become absolute greed. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived