IGNORED

Lori Alexander 44: Ken Galloping Off on the Horse of Truth The Feminists Are Coming!

I'm really not sure how I feel about the tickling. I thought Ken's comment was much, much better than Lori's post, but it did sound a bit bizarre. Lori almost seems like she gets off on spanking children. Ken at least tried to pretend he thinks there are better options.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I don't remember any of my grandparents disciplining us at all. Ever. We just had fun with them, they spoiled us, enjoyed each others company. Maybe my grandparents were just more relaxed and laid-back than Lori and Ken. Or maybe they just liked being grandparents and enjoyed their grandkids rather than trying to find fault with them which needed "correction".

My husband and I have always tickled our kids, playfully. My husband has his faults, but he's certainly not a sexual predator. I don't think I'd be in favour of anyone else tickling my kids, though. And as spanking does not happen in our house, if anyone tried to spank them, I would probably end up arrested.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Koala said:

but if you ask the kids they much prefer this to an angry or upset Dad or grandpa.

Ah, so it's a trade off. In Pearl-land everything is  all about humouring Daddy/Hubby. Mother's job is to make love to him when he's angry. Children's job is to act happy so he doesn't lose his temper. Men are volatile beasts who can't be held accountable for their feelings or behaviour. That's the role of the 'weaker' family members. 

This is just sick.  I will never understand the mindset of person who uses God-fear to control little children.  She teaches little children to "learn to suffer in silence".   The irony about Lori is that she IS everything she deems to hate in others and she is NOT anything that she herself claims to be.  

Ugh. I remember every spanking and still resent it, and them for doing it,  - I managed to raise 5 well behaved kids without spanking any of them and feel it was just a flat out mean, lazy, cruel way to raise kids.  Put the fear into them.  Turned us all into fantastic liars is what it did.  Anything not to get beat.   My dad was also a 'great' tickle monster.  We dreaded that as much as we did the spankings.   I can remember sitting with my siblings and sharing  the ways that worked to get him to stop before we ended up choking, crying  and not able to breath.  It was miserable.   Lori and Ken both are child abusers, in my opinion.

I think what bothers me about Ken's post about tickiling was the agressive nature of it. This was not a consensual activity. The children were having something done to their bodies, whether they liked it or not. To take away a person's ability to decide who touches them is to leave them completely vulnerable.

8 hours ago, Koala said:

Can someone please screenshot Ken's comment on today's blog post?  I am finding it very troubling.

Ken Alexander:

This is wrong on so many levels.  Where the hell are the parents of these children???  My heart fell to my shoes when I read it, so I can't imagine how they would feel.

I am just...wow.  What a sick family.  

They are very strange about personal boundaries and weird punishments. When I was a kid, my mom was a tickler (not as punishment) which was fine, except sometimes she would go too far and it went from fun to torture.    She wasn't doing it intentionally and I'm fairly certain she never tickled me for 5 full minutes (which seems VERY long for something like that).

I HATE being tickled now because it fucks up my back when I make sudden movements and I would kill my husband in his sleep (not really he feeds me) if he suddenly decided to tickle me for 5 minutes or at all.

Normally, I don't think I'd find tickling to be that weird (as long as the parent was paying attention to signals that the child over it and stopped), but because Ken and Lori are so damn weird about stuff they make it weird.

38 minutes ago, Liza said:

She teaches little children to "learn to suffer in silence".   

Right, because Lori NEVER complains about anything.  :pb_rollseyes:

Oh, I hate tickling. My mom would take it too far until someone wet their pants, which she found HILARIOUS. I did not agree.

When my husband and I were dating he tried to tickle me once. I warned him “I might laugh helplessly while you do it, but I’ll be spitting mad after. So...just don’t tickle me. Ever.” We’ve been together 14 years and he’s heroically resisted the impulse ever since. ;)

40 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Ugh. I remember every spanking and still resent it, and them for doing it,  - I managed to raise 5 well behaved kids without spanking any of them and feel it was just a flat out mean, lazy, cruel way to raise kids.  Put the fear into them.  Turned us all into fantastic liars is what it did.  Anything not to get beat.   My dad was also a 'great' tickle monster.  We dreaded that as much as we did the spankings.   I can remember sitting with my siblings and sharing  the ways that worked to get him to stop before we ended up choking, crying  and not able to breath.  It was miserable.   Lori and Ken both are child abusers, in my opinion.

@SweetLaurel   My father was abusive physically, verbally and emotionally and, to this day, I resent him for it.  I managed two children without resorting to these kinds of things and they turned out fine.  You are right:  it is mean, lazy and cruel.  It is about power and control .. which of course is what Lori, unGodly mentor, is all about.

Re tickling, here is why it is not really "funny".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickling

5 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

Hey Ken, I know you don't listen to anyone, but I'll post this anyway https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/whats-wrong-with-tickling-children_us_587fd0dde4b00d44838cb6f9  

Thanks for posting this, it was an interesting read and explained exactly why it went from fun to torture for me.  

9 hours ago, Koala said:

Can someone please screenshot Ken's comment on today's blog post?  I am finding it very troubling.

@Koala  snip_20180424090104.jpg.7f8ac78a8a6c3632e2bc54d124bb721e.jpg

While I am here, to anyone who erroneously thought that that is Lori's grandchild in the picture? 

5adf2bd0db6f4_nothergrandchildhowoddisthat.jpg.d8d317196d3f0667cc101a6bda8f2f52.jpg

I find this rather odd.

I'm so glad someone else raised the tickling issue.  I come from a tickling family, and it ALWAYS felt...invasive and mean.  Reading the Huffington Post article for the first time, but it perfectly articulates my feelings about it.  It's a horrible infringement on a kid's bodily autonomy.

From today's post on being a feminine woman:

So keen is her sense of awe and reverence for the marvels of creation that, to her way of thinking, boredom would be an insult to her intellect...

Lori's intellect? HA.

She does not need or expect to be entertained, but is capable of finding something interesting and useful to occupy her wherever she finds herself ...

I guess sitting on the delete button all day qualifies as "something interesting" with which to occupy one's time.

A lady does not need an audience in order to shine.

This is rather problematic since Lori MUST have her audience.

She is who she is, whether or not anyone else is watching.

I suspect this is true -- what you see is what you get with Lori.

… She can buy a new car without posting a picture of it on social media.

Anyone have a handy link of Lori vlogging in her car? 

… She can dine at a fancy restaurant without publicizing photos of what she ate.

Let's head on over to Instagram, shall we? 

… She does a good deed when no one will notice.

Who has that picture of Lori's mom's salad?

A lady of substance is more concerned with being rather than being seen.

No worries about that -- Lori is not only seen but heard. Constantly, unendingly heard. 

Hypocrite, hypocrite, hypocrite.

But carry on.

I also like to tickle for the smaller infractions, especially with a child upset and moody. “If you don’t stop the mood and whining in a minute I am going to tickle you to death. Five minutes later they are back on track after being well tickled and loving life again. The tickling often includes kissing the neck where it tickles with my mustache. 

This is really, really disturbing.

I don't have a problem with tickling in general. If a child is okay with it, that is. As with anything, ask -- kids can and do enjoy being tickled, but there are limits, don't ignore your child's bodily autonomy, and when your child says "enough," stop. And you should NEVER use it as a punishment, wtf. 

But several things about this quote send shivers up my spine, not the least of which would be that last sentence. That's just plain sexual. That's something my husband does to me. Not something I'd ever want my father to do as "punishment." omg.

Yep, today’s post rises to some previously unseen level of hypocrisy. Self aware, Lazy Lori is not. Please, someone who is not banned and doesn’t mind being banned post the photo of our ladylike First Lady naked, holding a gun. She’s a “Christian” feminine lady, for sure. I can’t imagine why Lazy Lori didn’t use that photo instead of one of the Duchess of Cambridge to make her point  

Honestly, it's like these people are living in some kind of alternate reality. 

3 hours ago, cara said:

Ah, so it's a trade off. In Pearl-land everything is  all about humouring Daddy/Hubby. Mother's job is to make love to him when he's angry. Children's job is to act happy so he doesn't lose his temper. Men are volatile beasts who can't be held accountable for their feelings or behaviour. That's the role of the 'weaker' family members. 

Exactly.  Why is grandpa no longer angry/upset after tickling/kissing? 

Ken says:

if you ask the kids they much prefer this to an angry or upset Dad or grandpa

Do they really have a choice?  And what kind of choice in hell is that?

Be tickled and kissed, or have an "angry or upset grandpa"?  

That is fucking sick.  

@Liza- Thank you for doing that screen grab.  

I’ve posted screenshots of Ken’s tickling post in the Lori club, under Kensplaining. ( @Koala) so they’re easily found later. 

I’m on mobile, so my screenshots took three pictures to capture the whole post. @Liza, if you want to post your one picture there, I’m sure that would be an improvement!

http://www.freejinger.org/gallery/category/10-kensplaining/

I remember my dad and sister once ganged up on me to tickle me and I wasn't a fan. My sister got payback in the form of an accidental kick in the nose from my flailing limbs in which she then fell off the bed. She was fine but they both learned not to tickle me again as I can't be responsible for who gets kicked in the face accidentally.

What pisses me off the most about today's post is this:

I love this picture of Kate seven hours after giving birth. I love that she loves her husband and having children. She is a wonderful example of femininity and being ladylike for women all around the world.

No woman looks like that hours after birth!!! The second that baby was out her team of make up artists must have went to work on her. This is unhealthy and Kate hours after birth should not be used as an example of a feminine woman. This sets up unrealistic expecatations for women everywhere that they can come out of birth with make up and heels. It has got be very unsafe too to be in heals afterwards. I mean just picture the blood you are gushing hours after birth. Your uterus hasn't even truly begun to contract (and some of the photos you can still see her big belly bulge). 

41 minutes ago, Koala said:

Exactly.  Why is grandpa no longer angry/upset after tickling/kissing? 

I know, you have to wonder what sort of man 'needs' to exert physical power over someone in order to calm down. 

1 hour ago, Liza said:

@Koala  snip_20180424090104.jpg.7f8ac78a8a6c3632e2bc54d124bb721e.jpg

There are one or two statements in there that make sense, that's the worst of it. Goofing with a kid by showing them how silly they look is okay, no meaning no is great... But then the spanking! And the tickling, which frankly seems creepy the way he presents it. Just... ugh.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

No woman looks like that hours after birth!!! The second that baby was out her team of make up artists must have went to work on her. This is unhealthy and Kate hours after birth should not be used as an example of a feminine woman. This sets up unrealistic expecatations for women everywhere that they can come out of birth with make up and heels. It has got be very unsafe too to be in heals afterwards. I mean just picture the blood you are gushing hours after birth. Your uterus hasn't even truly begun to contract (and some of the photos you can still see her big belly bulge). 

Yup. Plus she apparently had a fairly quick, easy delivery. Easy to look great if you're royalty, not so easy if you're not supremely lucky.

@NotQuiteMotYYes, what Lori is saying is real feminine women have quick births and come out with make up and heels on. Such BS and this angers me more than anything. Is it any wonder so many women end up with depression.

26 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Agreed. It's an impossible expectation for anyone with less available resources, which is about 99% of women.  Of course she has a belly bulge, it's perfectly normal.  No one-NO ONE-should be expected to look that good right after having a baby!  

I think Lori is saying, "Kate is feminine because she is good-looking, skinny, and has nice clothes. That's really all it takes, ladies!"

I mean, she knows nothing about Kate's personality (unless she and Kate are friends, which I doubt). Maybe Kate is loud, opinionated, pushes William around. . . who knows?

I do remember that Kate's mom encouraged her to go to St. Andrews because William was going there (or was expected to go there, I can't remember). AND Kate specifically participated in a fashion show in order to attract William's attention. She wore this bikini-getup which was the opposite of modest--walked right down the runway in it. Her plan worked, more power to her, but she was the opposite of a meek, mild, SAHD.

I also remember that when they were dating, a reporter asked her if she felt "lucky" to be dating a prince. She retorted, "HE'S lucky to be dating me."

I don't really follow the royal family but I have to admit to a slight obsession with 2 year old princess Charlotte. Partly because she is adorable, and partly because she seems the luckiest baby in the world. I do wonder how she plays "princess" with the other little girls at nursery school. Since she is a princess already, doesn't it get old?

The tickling comment:  as someone else mentioned, he makes it seem even creepier than  it should be.  This particular one makes me think back to one of his ways to deal with an angry wife, I can't remember what particular incident this is supposed to follow but the husband should pull the wife on top of him and give her massage until she basically concedes.  He has this notion that forced "pleasure" is acceptable.  He strikes me as one of those men who can't understand why a woman would slap him after such a thing.  Like, genuinely has no clue why it's not  Ok.  I believe Lori is willfully ignorant, she knows some of what she says and does come across badly and is just plain wrong, she just doesn't care.  I think Ken is brain dead. 

I can see him blinking in wonderment trying to grasp why on earth a person wouldn't want whatever supposed "good thing" was pushed on them without their consent.  Lori would just say "suck it up, it's your duty", but Ken would be astounded that a person would turn down anything labeled "good" regardless of how it comes about.   I don't think he's malicious, I think he's just really stupid.  

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived