IGNORED

Lori Alexander 44: Ken Galloping Off on the Horse of Truth The Feminists Are Coming!

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

ZZ Anderson is not a fan of Lori's (from ZZ's public facebook):

I still wonder if Zsu ever came across that post Lori did where she linked to PP's blog posting about being against birth control. I'm not surprised that she's not a Lori fan. There are bunch of other things that ZZ would dislike. For a long time, Zsu was the fundie blogger that I disliked the most. Now, it's Lori.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Hisey said:

Although the salad photo seemed weird to me, I have to cut her some slack. People do strange things when their loved ones are dying. Lori sounds like she gets pleasure from making a salad for her mom. I"m sure it provides some comfort for her to do so. Without question, though, Lori has an abnormal, bizarre relationship with food.

No slack for hateful Lori from me. Lori does strange things all the time. She also has abnormal, bizarre relationships with everyone. My beautiful, beloved mother passed away on Feb. 26 of this year. At 91, her condition had deteriorated, but I never referred to her as being on hr deathbed, even when she was on a vent in the ICU. I don't get these bloggers, I couldn't have posted salads or anything else while my mother was dying. I hope Lori's mother really enjoys those salads and isn't just afraid to say she doesn't like them, but sorry, I'm not so generous to think Lori gets pleasure or comfort from giving anybody anything.

21 hours ago, EowynW said:

IMG_3918.PNG

"I can't believe she's on her deathbed when she enjoys eating so much!" 

Yeah, I mean, who knew that people who enjoy eating also die? You can eat as healthy as you want your entire life. You are still gonna die. For all her gloating about how well she eats, she is far from an example of good health herself. Eating well, exercise, taking care of yourself are all good to hope for a longer and/or healthier life, but the one guarantee in life is that there are no guarantees. All the salads in the world are not going to prevent her from dying one day.

Enough BEC though, I get it, dying is scary. No one wants to die. People get tired of pain and suffering and exhaustion of age and feel that death is the inevitable option. In the case of choosing death in suicide, it's not that they want to die, they feel they don't have another way to stop their suffering. If we did not grow old or experience pain or suffering or exhaustion of aging and death were not the inevitable for everyone, I don't think anyone would choose that option. We cannot live forever though. I hope Lori realizes how lucky she was to have both of her parents at her age. Most people are not as lucky. I know I won't be. My father's health is quite poor and his disease is chronic and progressive. I hope Lori is enjoying this time with her mother. If it wasn't Lori, I would think it was a nice gesture, that maybe that's all she feels she can do is make food she likes, but this is Lori, so her intentions are questionable. 

9 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I hope Lori realizes how lucky she was to have both of her parents at her age. Most people are not as lucky. I know I won't be.

She won't. In her mind, her parents exist to serve HER. My father has been gone for almost 20 years and my mother has been gone for 5. I wish my father was still here. My mother...not so much. I regret that my dad didn't live long enough to see my granddaughters born...he lost his marbles when my daughter was born "oh good, I have another little girl to spoil"...and would have been almost insufferable when my daughter had her girls. My hope and prayer is that wherever he is, his soul or spirit, he knows about them. 

26 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Yeah, I mean, who knew that people who enjoy eating also die? You can eat as healthy as you want your entire life. You are still gonna die.

I just took my dad - who is 92 and on hospice care -  a huge bag of Snickers.  He wanted them, and sat there and ate 4, and I hope he eats 4 more before bed.   Maybe her mom wanted a 'big nourishing salad' with nasty egg dressing, who knows!   My dad wants Snickers and he can darn well have them.   

When my dad was in his last few months, suffering from pulmonary hypertension in a nursing home, the staff strictly limited his fluid intake and insisted all liquids be thickened with this stuff that reminded me of Metamucil. He would sneak drinks of water from the bathroom sink next to his room. He wanted a cold Coke more than anything. 

I wish to hell I’d had the guts to have given a dying man his Coke. As it was, we settled for putting a six-pack of Coke in green glass bottles into his casket.

Christ in a Convertible.

If you want to read, Crazy vs. Crazy, go to this thread.  They're turning on each other, each poster trying to prove they are the best christian/bible follower/have the deepest understanding of god's word.  

Please note.  Gordon White is the new winner of the "Wall 'O Text" award, beating Ken by several mansplaining paragraphs over multiple posts.  Thank you Gordon!  I know we all look forward to more words of wisdom from you. :pb_lol:                                                                                           

5adcf3b39b9c0_ScreenShot2018-04-22at1_28_28PM.png.5246dcf2941724beaa04bac0af55f86f.png

Fuck me to tears...these people are nuts!

26 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I just took my dad - who is 92 and on hospice care -  a huge bag of Snickers.  He wanted them, and sat there and ate 4, and I hope he eats 4 more before bed.   Maybe her mom wanted a 'big nourishing salad' with nasty egg dressing, who knows!   My dad wants Snickers and he can darn well have them.   

I would be shocked if Lori's mom wanted candy and Lori actually gave it to her. Somehow, I can't see Lori being that nice. 

I am beyond livid that the leghumper fangirls see vaccination as a sin issue, and that being anti-vax is how you prove you are the most godly.  Protecting your children -- pffille.

So I guess these people would be all excited if their unvaccinated children contracted polio and were crippled or died.  Everything would be peachy keen if their babies got whopping cough and died.  They'd be thrilled if their sons had the mumps and became sterile. They'd love it if the measles left their children deaf or blind  or both. They'd be overjoyed if chickenpox lead to pneumonia or encephalitis in their children.

These people are almost too stupid to live.  God gave them brains for a reason.  Pity they don't use theirs.

I think my issue with Lori’s salad post is her use of words in describing her mother- she referred to her as old, sick, and dying and it just came across as so callous and unfeeling. And then I saw her mother not long after in one of Alyssa’s instastories and she didn’t look what I would think of as “old, sick, and dying”.

And I would maybe cut her some slack- agreeing that is how she deals with death and dying, but she’s so callous and rude in most of her exchanges with others. 

I also think she probably still has some resentment towards her mother. 

And- I realize people handle grief in numerous ways and that there is no true right or wrong- but the posting the salad on IG and her comments just seem odd. I think I would see it differently if it was some sort of recap post after the fact.

Then this morning she posted about her kefir and berries she eats every other day for breakfast. I’ve posted here about the fact I was adopted as a baby and that while I have enjoyed a very loving family system and a privileged upbringing, there are times where I feel like I don’t belong. I can promise you that if my mother were ill and hospice were called in, posting on social media would not be on my radar. 

After my granny had her first brain tumour removed, she lost her sense of taste. But she could damn well remember her favourite things.  My mum and I were staying in a BnB near my Granny's nursing home and there was a cooked breakfast. I knew that she would love some sausages, so I got the staff to wrap me up some in tin foil. I trotted up the road with my tin foil breakfast - knocked on the door and walked in. Her door was just opposite the front door and she had just finished getting dressed when she clocked me carrying her present.  She barely had time to say good morning before she started wolfing down her sausages. This memory will last me for the rest of my life.  Yes she was towards the end of her days and yes she couldn't taste - but she was so bloomin' happy. 

16 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I think my issue with Lori’s salad post is her use of words in describing her mother- she referred to her as old, sick, and dying and it just came across as so callous and unfeeling. And then I saw her mother not long after in one of Alyssa’s instastories and she didn’t look what I would think of as “old, sick, and dying”.

And I would maybe cut her some slack- agreeing that is how she deals with death and dying, but she’s so callous and rude in most of her exchanges with others. 

I also think she probably still has some resentment towards her mother. 

And- I realize people handle grief in numerous ways and that there is no true right or wrong- but the posting the salad on IG and her comments just seem odd. I think I would see it differently if it was some sort of recap post after the fact.

I have similar feelings about Lori regarding the IG pic. It gave off a bit of continuing callous vibe. Lori has a history of cutting down her parents on her blogs and it's hard for me to believe she has a very caring view of them especially her mom. I agree, Lori is callous, rude, and not very sympathetic to others dealing with health issues and death. Last summer, someone on Lori's FB posted a news story about fundie father of 7 kids who died in a drowning accident. Lori's response to the story was either "how sad" or "how tragic". She didn't offer any prayers and there was a GoFundMe that she could have promoted on the blog.

I agree with feministxtian's view that Lori's parents exist to serve her. Lori just gives off the vibe that her parents spoiled her and are somewhat to blame for her shitty personality.

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

would be shocked if Lori's mom wanted candy and Lori actually gave it to her. Somehow, I can't see Lori being that nice

Well!  No one gave Lori her much desired potatoes when she was sick and all she wanted was potatoes!  Why should any other sick person get anything they want!  If God's spokesperson can't have potatoes when she wants them - I mean, really.  

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I have similar feelings about Lori regarding the IG pic. It gave off a bit of continuing callous vibe. Lori has a history of cutting down her parents on her blogs and it's hard for me to believe she has a very caring view of them especially her mom. I agree, Lori is callous, rude, and not very sympathetic to others dealing with health issues and death. Last summer, someone on Lori's FB posted a news story about fundie father of 7 kids who died in a drowning accident. Lori's response to the story was either "how sad" or "how tragic". She didn't offer any prayers and there was a GoFundMe that she could have promoted on the blog.

I agree with feministxtian's view that Lori's parents exist to serve her. Lori just gives off the vibe that her parents spoiled her and are somewhat to blame for her shitty personality.

Callous is the very word I was thinking of. I believe her self-reasoning for this is that we are not of this earth anyway, why should she feel bad for her mother who's going home to Jesus? Her cavalier attitude drives home the fact that she really has no idea how to maintain propriety if only for the sake of those around her. 

Reading everyone's stories of loss reminds me of my own. When the end is near and you're privileged enough to share it with the person you love, it should be dignified and special, a time for love, and remembering happy times as you prepare together for goodbye. Lori has the incredible privilege that so many working folks don't, the chance to be by their loved ones side without distractions, and she uses that precious time to post salad.

I wonder if the people actually doing the caring for her mom (presumably her dad and sisters) have her on salad duty because they would rather she was not around trying to suck all the energy of the room into herself.

From what we know of Lori, her giving up her "me time" to her mom, even on her "deathbed" seems slim, at best.

I’m fortunate to still have my mom at 72, especially since she smokes(although probably not as much as she used to since her SO doesn’t allow it in the house).  When my fathersperm donor died a few years ago, I wasn’t even listed as a survivor in his obituary.

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I am beyond livid that the leghumper fangirls see vaccination as a sin issue, and that being anti-vax is how you prove you are the most godly.  Protecting your children -- pffille.

So I guess these people would be all excited if their unvaccinated children contracted polio and were crippled or died.  Everything would be peachy keen if their babies got whopping cough and died.  They'd be thrilled if their sons had the mumps and became sterile. They'd love it if the measles left their children deaf or blind  or both. They'd be overjoyed if chickenpox lead to pneumonia or encephalitis in their children.

These people are almost too stupid to live.  God gave them brains for a reason.  Pity they don't use theirs.

I get so angry when I hear about people not vaccinating their children.  I do think some of them might be happy if their children got some dread disease - because then they could use it for attention or play the "faith" card.  Not all of them, but this is a subject that I get a little worked up over. My aunt, my mother's sister, lived with us from years before I was born.  She had polio when she was 18 and she was on crutches then in a wheelchair later on. She was a very strong person and we considered her to be our second mother, but I'm pretty sure she would have give just about anything not to have gone through that and been able to have a normal life.  She's the aunt we named our daughter after. This was well before the vaccine. I knew another lady who contracted polio in the 50's, shortly before the vaccine was developed. She nearly died, I worked for her dad and he told me how the worst moment of his life was when he had to carry his limp daughter across the parking lot into the hospital when she went from healthy to on the verge of death within just a few hours. She recovered and was able to marry and have a child, but she had health issues and was never strong. It most likely contributed to her fairly early death.  The vaccine was available shortly after she got sick, I know how much her father regretted his daughter not being able to have the vaccine.

Anti-vaxxers are incredibly unintelligent and rely on herd immunity to protect their children. Vaccines and antibiotics have been major contributors to longer life spans. I would be dead if vaccines were poison, as would my DD, and millions of others. What  is wrong with these people? I do not think unvaccinated children should be in public schools or group activities of any kind. Their parents are stupid selfish assholes and it is too bad that the children must suffer for it.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

LMAO 

IMG_3952.PNG

Yes, you moron, if you injected your children with mercury and aluminum you would be committing a crime. Because you don't know what you are doing and you don't understand basic chemistry and science. Doctors on the other hand tend to understand what chemicals actually are and how they work. The also know that Mercury is not capitalized in a sentence unless you are referring to the planet. Your few hours of propaganda induced "research" trying to sell you their alternative bullshit does not equate to years of education in learning how chemicals work and mix together and which ones don't that doctors and scientists have achieved. Big words sound scary when you don't understand what they mean, what they are or how they work.  Formaldehyde sounds dangerous because you heard they use it for embalming. Except that it's a preservative. It's also naturally found in some foods. Pears actually have more formaldehyde than all the vaccines combined. You'll definitely consume more mercury eating a tuna noodle casserole than in vaccines.

Don't be a moron, Brittany, take a Chem 101 course. Anti-vaxxers really grate me. I am less mad at the individual though as I am these stupid so-called "doctors" spreading so much bullshit to scare people into not getting life-saving medicine. Not vaccinating kills people. Measles are back. Whooping cough is back. People are now seeing cases of mumps again. Parts of the world still have polio. All it would take is enough people not vaccinating, one sick person or someone without symptoms but still sick coming over here and going around contagious and boom, the sickness is back.

As a reminder, diphtheria can kill you by swelling up the lymph nodes and cutting off your oxygen supply. In other words, you suffocate to death. If that doesn't sound like a horrible enough way to way, we can go with how influenza can kill you...your lungs fill up with fluid and you end up drowning in your own body fluids. So, yeah, I don't have an ounce of sympathy for assholes spreading bullshit games that will get people killed. I said will because we've been so damn privileged and lucky to be in the time we are that we have become complacent.  We don't realize what these illnesses will do. If people keep not vaccinating, it is not if these illnesses will return, it's when and that scares me. 

Also, I'd love to see everyone of these people get bit by a wild animal and not get the rabies vaccine because "vaccines are evil". 

I feel like the anti-vax lady did have a good point. If Lori truly believed they were poisoned, why would she suggest that a woman obey her husband if he wanted to have his children vaccinated. I mean she certainly wouldn't  tell a woman to let her husband give rat poison to their children. Anti-vaxers seem to see vaccines as being the same level of dangerousness as rat poison. To me this shows that Lori knows the anti-vax is senseless but doesn't want to admit it but her suggestions show otherwise. And it shows a breakdown in this whole wives submit to husband thing. The length and hoops these people jump through (specifically the men) in order to maintain control is astounding. It's the whole "I'll always listen to my wife's opinion and never treat her poorly but I want to be able to have the power to dismiss her opinions just in case" ugh. 

And on the point of these people that research on the Internet and come out as all knowledgeable on chemicals and the like, it's stupid. As @dairyfreelife life points out, they aren't chemists or doctors.

It's like the doctors who diagnosis mental illness when they have very little training in that area, and then they just give people medication that they take for 20 some years when it's only meant for a few months. I'm not against people who have to take medicine because it happens. But I believe someone should always be sent to a mental health professional for further assessment whenever possible. People get trained for a reason. Doctors are doctors, counselors counsel. People who are not chemists don't pretend to fully understand chemistry and then endanger entire populations of people. 

I swear if I have a baby I'm not letting unvaccinated people near them if I can help it. 

When there was an outbreak of whooping cough a few years ago, I caught it from someone at work -- my boss in fact.  He swore it was a cold.  After a couple of days of non-stop coughing I was off to the doctor.  Who pretty much diagnosed me by hearing my cough as she walked toward the exam room.   

As I had the pertussis vaccine as an infant I thought it was bronchitis.  Turns out the pertussis vaccine doesn't last forever (I had no idea).  The doctor told me that one of the lessons learned from the outbreak was how many previously vaccinated adults caught whooping cough because the vaccine had a shelf life.

I was told in no uncertain terms to stay away from crowded public spaces, infants, old people and pregnant women until the cough was gone.  It took over 2 weeks until the cough was gone, and another week until I felt better.

So. FJ-ers, even if you were vaccinated as an infant, check with your doctor about being re-vaccinated.

26 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The doctor told me that one of the lessons learned from the outbreak was how many previously vaccinated adults caught whooping cough because the vaccine had a shelf life.

Yes. You're supposed to get the TDaP every 10 years!  Technically the MMR can wear off too, but neither my doctor nor high risk ob  (not preg yet, but planning ahead) thought it was necessary to get a booster.

My favorite aunt had polio as a child. She is the most badass woman I've ever known. For many years she and my uncle lived a hardcore biker lifestyle. They rode everywhere. My uncle had modified his Harley so they could carry her cuff crutches with them. We lived in the country and it wasn't unusual to wake up on a Saturday morning and find that a gang of bikers had set up camp in our field. My aunt and uncle would come in for breakfast and leave soon after. I never thought of her as incapacitated in any way. Polio was just a word, not a disability, because my aunt was the only person 8 year old me knew that ever had it and she looked just fine to me. She had an exciting life!

30 years later she's in constant pain and semi-invalid (a word I despise, btw). Most days she can't leave her wheelchair and the nerves and muscles in her arms are destroyed from the years of crutches. All that to say that denying your children vaccines should be criminal. I wonder how many young mothers today have actually known someone who is a survivor of one of these horrible illnesses. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived