IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

Something went down with Derick and TLC, and man is he ever bitter about it. And I don't believe for a second that it was some reasoned and rational choice on his part to 'do what's best for his family' by taking them off the show. Bullshit. Everything was fine, and then BOOM. It's incredibly transparent. Whenever he's attacking people, they always mysteriously seem to be people featured on TLC. Hmmm.... 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 3splenty said:

When I worked in long term care, I had a resident tell me I was going to hell.  Her roommate told me hell was pretty far to walk, so I could borrow her car, plus she would provide sandwiches for the trip.  

Hell is where they keep the rock music and the good liquor.

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Something went down with Derick and TLC, and man is he ever bitter about it. And I don't believe for a second that it was some reasoned and rational choice on his part to 'do what's best for his family' by taking them off the show. Bullshit. Everything was fine, and then BOOM. It's incredibly transparent. Whenever he's attacking people, they always mysteriously seem to be people featured on TLC. Hmmm.... 

Me too. He comes off way to bitter and angry for someone who chose to leave the show. He comes off as someone who was fired or let go and is angry at his former employer. I'm sure he can't believe that TLC is choosing to air shows about a gay family or transgender instead of him a white Christian. I can't decide if he tried to get a spin off show or was angry at not being featured as much on the show as he thought or tried to get more money out TLC whether a contact or try to get more money out of Sam's delivery. I know it didn't happen but its very rare for TLC to decide not to film a birth. Skipping the after show to go on a babymoon maybe he expecting TLC to cave and come begging to him to be on the show or whatever his demands were. Except Derick didn't realize that TLC didn't have to do that. He had no real leverage because Jill has a million siblings and they have no problem dropping one for another. I don't know maybe it was something completely else. Didn't he mention in one of his recent text as of May 31 he was no longer part of the show? Its interesting that he remembers the exact date. He seemed really happy to be on the show until suddenly they weren't.   I'd love to know what really happened.       

10 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

What is BEC

Bitch Eating Crackers

Basically, when you hate someone so much that everything they do annoys you, including eating crackers. 

C5847743-EA80-4B7F-8F24-D82D456A5D2C.png.cb85b29701503d3c815cf4463d638ffd.png

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

I am all for an FJ camp out / meet up when it is warm somewhere.

I'm in!  

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

I am all for an FJ camp out / meet up when it is warm somewhere.

Come on out to sin city...it was 96F today

I think he is bitter at TLC but he made it VERY clear in literal language that he left the show over a rift with not TLC, but a "they" as in "we thought they would help more". Obviously, to me, it was clear that meant JB as JB owns the production company and thus, doles out the cash as he so wishes. It's easy to visualize Derick and JB in a pissing contest over who is more alpha male.

I think Derick is bitter over his belief of the hypocrisy of JB given that that the Duggar family, despite being fundamentalist Christians, remains on a show that Derick deems degrading. Derick  comes off as a possessive control-freak who views himself as more righteous than JB.

On Derick's twitter, he has the following pinned:
5ae402ab42c87_DerickDillard1.JPG.06c8c065993ceb9619d88c9b693355ad.JPG

To me, he means that to be on TLC, a fundamentalist Christian has to compromise their values for their voice. Personally, I think that is a sharp dig at JB. When he picks a fight with TLC, he's creating publicity problems for JB, damaging their already bruised brand, and embarrassing them. I am firmly in the camp that TLC is the strawman and he's angry with the "hypocrisy" of the Duggars.

Is it bad I want dWRECK to go after someone from Drag Race because they would hilariously decimate him? Classy responses are the best but sometimes I just want someone to reply to him with "u mad bro?" :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is it bad I want dWRECK to go after someone from Drag Race because they would hilariously decimate him? Classy responses are the best but sometimes I just want someone to reply to him with "u mad bro?" :pb_lol:

I would pay to see that!

@SilverBeachThank you for your response. I do understand why its important for it to be discussed here. I’m just very tired, have a cold, and I’m feeling stressed/anxious - so it can be a bit much. That’s why I basically said I was going to take my toys and play somewhere else for a little bit. I didn’t want to completely derail or end the conversation. :) 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I want Willam or Bianca to DESTROY him. 

Thread drift - favorite Willam reads:

"...like a buttplug that you pulled out of a unicorn and you're just whacking me with it. That's how gay I feel watching this video. And I'm already in a dress." 

"PEOPLE DON'T WEAR SEQUINS DURING THE DAY UNLESS YOU LIVE IN RENO AND EAT CIGARETTES"

"It's easier to make talent pretty than to find talent for pretty people." (said about Kylie Jenner)

23 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Man, the Dillards are really trying to make friends this week, aren’t they?

61F73B6E-3D0B-43CE-908A-D003C8BA91A4.thumb.jpeg.e6ba1b3ec91ae185b1c05d195f770af3.jpeg

Oh lord, I am cringing with embarrassment (on his behalf, that he doesn't feel). Please stop, Derick.

"Travesty of a family"??? .

God help anyone in this subculture who is LGBT, because they'd need it.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@SilverBeachThank you for your response. I do understand why its important for it to be discussed here. I’m just very tired, have a cold, and I’m feeling stressed/anxious - so it can be a bit much. That’s why I basically said I was going to take my toys and play somewhere else for a little bit. I didn’t want to completely derail or end the conversation. :) 

Yes, I understand. I have to play elsewhere sometimes too. These are trying times. Please feel better. 

Dwreck sounds totally off his head. There is no way that J-B can be pleased or even faintly amused by his ramblings. He is dragging the  Duggar name down into the gutter with him. 

Dwreck pretended J-B's prayer partner to meet and court Jill. He must have been very persuasive/clever to hide his true self.

...Unless his actions are condoned by J-B. He has agreed to be the fall guy who publicly states what J-B really thinks but won't say because TLC pay cheque. In return J-B pays him a salary.....   Just a thought. 

18 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Those... are really stupid reasons to vote for someone. Especially someone who has made it blatantly obvious that he has absolutely zero understanding of how the world outside his tiny bubble works, and isn't even that good a businessman.

It's hard to understand for people who vote based on policy positions, but many people don't do that. 

I watch N & J religiously and the only thing bad I can say about them is how jealous I am of Poppy.  I wish N & J would adopt me!  I would live in a gorgeous house, have a stylish curated wardrobe, and have two insanely beautiful, caring, hilarious, and talented men as fathers.  

You couldn't pay me enough to be a Duggar/Dillard.

20 hours ago, singsingsing said:

But I’m 100% done pussyfooting around this.

You know what? I am also done. I'm tired of not being able to share my story because I'll be branded a hater, a racist or a xenophobe. I am not. I am someone who, over the span of twenty years, has been the victim of crime. I know not all immigrants are criminals, I know most are decent people looking for a better situation. That should not negate my experiences, and I should be able to say, without being spit on,  that every instance in my life where I have experienced criminal behavior has always been through a person or persons who are not legally supposed to be here. In all but the assault--because they could not be found--it was proven, by police, that the perpetrators were illegal immigrants. 

The crimes? One stolen car (the remains were found in Mexico), one head-on collision with the other driver going the wrong way in my lane (she had no insurance--she was fine, I was not), one assault by several men--pepper spray works and I made it back to my car and escaped rape, and 2 home break-ins. The first one they knew who did it but can't find him, the other was arrested and I found out while in court he had already been deported 3 times. His punishment? He walked out after being told to pay me $350 to replace my damaged window. I'm still waiting for that payment. I won't go into my neighbors' stories because I would be repeating second-hand, but I'm not alone in my frustration. None of us are evil. None of us are "not nice" because we want our neighborhood to be safe. I'm not even recounting the little things here--there's been more.

I have no problem with legal immigration--I welcome it. I am, however, tired of people who look at all illegal immigration through rose colored glasses. There are problems that are not being addressed. Not everyone who has a problem with illegal immigration is a Trump lover. I am not.

17 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

You know what? I am also done. I'm tired of not being able to share my story because I'll be branded a hater, a racist or a xenophobe. I am not. I am someone who, over the span of twenty years, has been the victim of crime. I know not all immigrants are criminals, I know most are decent people looking for a better situation. That should not negate my experiences, and I should be able to say, without being spit on,  that every instance in my life where I have experienced criminal behavior has always been through a person or persons who are not legally supposed to be here. In all but the assault--because they could not be found--it was proven, by police, that the perpetrators were illegal immigrants. 

The crimes? One stolen car (the remains were found in Mexico), one head-on collision with the other driver going the wrong way in my lane (she had no insurance--she was fine, I was not), one assault by several men--pepper spray works and I made it back to my car and escaped rape, and 2 home break-ins. The first one they knew who did it but can't find him, the other was arrested and I found out while in court he had already been deported 3 times. His punishment? He walked out after being told to pay me $350 to replace my damaged window. I'm still waiting for that payment. I won't go into my neighbors' stories because I would be repeating second-hand, but I'm not alone in my frustration. None of us are evil. None of us are "not nice" because we want our neighborhood to be safe. I'm not even recounting the little things here--there's been more.

I have no problem with legal immigration--I welcome it. I am, however, tired of people who look at all illegal immigration through rose colored glasses. There are problems that are not being addressed. Not everyone who has a problem with illegal immigration is a Trump lover. I am not.

What on earth does this diatribe have to do with anything I said? Are you saying that you supported Trump because of his position on illegal immigration? If so, just say it. At least own your ignorance and short-sightedness. And if not, what was the point of this rant?

I'm very sorry that you've been the victim of so many crimes, but you are aware that there are many people who have been the victims of crimes exclusively perpetrated by all kinds of other groups, right? That 'illegal immigrants' aren't uniquely prone to criminal behaviour, right? And that a likely explanation for the fact that you've been the victim of crimes perpetrated by illegal immigrants is that you happen to live in an area with a high number of illegal immigrants - right? My family has also been the victim of car collisions, burglaries, etc - all perpetrated by white people legally living in our country. Interesting, that.

@AtlanticTug:  thank you for sharing that post.  I will never forget that Trump didn't try to hide his awfulness.  People knew the sort of unprincipled man they were faced with, and get they voted for him.  So they can claim to be decent Christian people, but their phony Christianity has been exposed.  I'll never forget.

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I noticed and wondered this too. I remember in the news recently there was a lesbian couple in California who drove off a cliff, killing their 6 adoptive children who they had been abusing for some time. If Derick is SOOOO worried about abusive gay couples there are people who fit his agenda yet he seems deadset on slamming everyone who has a show on TLC. I seriously question his motives.

24 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

@AtlanticTug:  thank you for sharing that post.  I will never forget that Trump didn't try to hide his awfulness.  People knew the sort of unprincipled man they were faced with, and get they voted for him.  So they can claim to be decent Christian people, but their phony Christianity has been exposed.  I'll never forget.

This is really what surprises me the most. He didn't hide his awfulness and still doesn't. He didn't make remarks behind close doors or even say anything that was taken out of context. He did everything on camera. He did mocked disable people in front of the cameras to millions. He made disgusting comments about women on camera. He made racist comments. And he still won. People laughed. Who laughs at someone mocking disabled people? Who votes for someone who does that?                          

I’ve lost friends over this election, and I’m ok with that. The fact of the matter is that it revealed how different our moral compasses are. I won’t end friendships myself but if you leave I won’t miss you. My life is directly impacted by that decision and if I sound harsh because of it, that’s ok with me. 

I only had a few relatives vote for him and none of them are close to me. My parents would never lol.

i totally understand why the Hitler/Trump comparisons bother some people, but his election did remind me of early 1930s Hitler. Now I just see a guy who has dictator tendencies but can’t use them.

With respect to what reasons people may have had, this really does resonate, NOT because I think Trump = Hitler (that's a needless oversimplification IMO) but because I am sick and tired of reading story after story in the NYT and everywhere else about these "woe-is-me" alleged "economic anxiety" voters (which has basically been debunked anyway). The below was part of an article written about the empowerment of white supremacists following Trump's election, and those like Trump who call them "fine people".

"Historians have a word for Germans who joined the Nazi party, not because they hated Jews, but because out of a hope for restored patriotism, or a sense of economic anxiety, or a hope to preserve their religious values, or dislike of their opponents, or raw political opportunism, or convenience, or ignorance, or greed.

That word is "Nazi." Nobody cares about their motives anymore.

They joined what they joined. They lent their support and their moral approval. And, in so doing, they bound themselves to everything that came after. Who cares any more what particular knot they used in the binding?"

-Julius Goat

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived