IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

This stupid stroller hack is occupying more of my thoughts than it should. Like, is it dangerous enough to result in death? Probably not, if she only does it in a pinch. But why on earth was she proud enough of this dumbass, jury-rigged, stroller “hack” that she decided to share it with the world? Why did she think this was worthy of a whole blog post and yet another open-mouthed selfie? Did she expect people to be impressed by this? I just cannot fathom it.

She seems desperate for validation and praise but is so tone-def in her approach. Her attempts at blogging and maintaining a social media presence are so pitiful it almost makes me sad for her. 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used convertible car seats with my kids...they were good from like 5lbs to 40lbs I think. I hated the bucket ones because carrying them was painful for me. I had the strollers that would go from laying down (like a pram) to sitting up. Even the twin stroller I had could be converted like that, the rear seat could recline fully. It was a LIFESAVER with the grandgirls. 

I bought my grandson the same convertible seat...only it would also convert to a booster and was good to like 80lbs. He still uses it. By the time he was born, they had the tether system and even my Mustang had the latches for it. 

6 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Why did she think this was worthy of a whole blog post and yet another open-mouthed selfie? 

The more I look at Jill, the more I am appalled that her "OMGTHISISTOTESAMAZEBALLS" face carries on from pic to pic.

Life is NOT that amazeballs, Jill. Not every minute, not every day.  It just isn't.

But, perhaps someone is either stepping on her foot or goosing her as she clicks the pic.  Who knows?

44 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Some famous baby safety blogger guy from New York not only called her out in the comments, but on his own Facebook page. Oh the leg jumpers went wild, saying he should "Stop shaming her" and "use this as an opportunity to reach out and TEACH her instead". Oh please!! Some even went the whole stop hating/persecution route before the comments on YouTube were disabled due to the backlash. Between this and the Pearls at Fort Rock, I wish CPS would get involved.

Car Seat Lady (another well-known resource online) commented on her IG post too.

What Jill shows in the video...she is clueless and I'm sorry dangerous and dumb as a bunch of rocks. This is bad enough she uses the 'hack' but to share it, no common sense for Jillymuffin. :wtsf:

57 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Some famous baby safety blogger guy from New York not only called her out in the comments, but on his own Facebook page. Oh the leg jumpers went wild, saying he should "Stop shaming her" and "use this as an opportunity to reach out and TEACH her instead". Oh please!! Some even went the whole stop hating/persecution route before the comments on YouTube were disabled due to the backlash. Between this and the Pearls at Fort Rock, I wish CPS would get involved.

Jill still has her leghumpers. How cute...not. :my_confused:

25 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

The more I look at Jill, the more I am appalled that her "OMGTHISISTOTESAMAZEBALLS" face carries on from pic to pic.

It's appalling to look at, but hopefully many other people feel the same way....people who might otherwise take her (and Dwreck) seriously and/or consider giving them money.

Something related to this that annoys me. She could have just taken Sam out of the car seat and carried him in. Just because you can carry the car seat around doesn't mean you can't also just leave it in the car!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Something related to this that annoys me. She could have just taken Sam out of the car seat and carried him in. Just because you can carry the car seat around doesn't mean you can't also just leave it in the car!!!! 

She lacks common sense to think of that.

It appears the Dillard Family Official channel joined YouTube March 15 and has posted multiple videos over the last month and they have 134 subscribers.

One hundred. Thirty. Four.

I can't even comprehend  how far they have fallen.

4 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Yes! There is lots to love about the US but lots to despair over too and I doubt most other western countries would agree that the US is the greatest and the number one country where you can make dreams come true. Only Americans (some not all, know many smart americans that think their country is pure shit) think that lol. Dude has fucking rocks in his head.  

There is actual research on this (will post a link if I can locate it). Statistically, where in the world are you most likely to achieve the rags to riches American dream? Hint: it ain't the US of A.

As to Jill, she needs rescuing from this lifestyle and she needs intense mentoring on how to be a responsible adult. She seems like a kind-hearted person who probably doesn't want to hurt anyone. But she is so clueless it hurts.

In my less charitable moments I sometimes think Iet's just leave these people to continue with their Darwin Award worthy "hacks". Natural selection is going to weed them out eventually. But then I remember their army of followers who are in danger of getting infected with stupid, and I go back to wishing somebody would make Jill see sense.

It appears the Dillard Family Official channel joined YouTube March 15 and has posted multiple videos over the last month and they have 134 subscribers.

I didn't realize until this video that they even had a separate channel from themselves. Just assume they were using instragram.

Should we start being a bit more concerned about Sam though? I seen post here and other places pointing out that we have yet to see him sitting unassisted. He's what 10 months? I thought it was around 8/9 months on the average when babies hit that milestone.

Never mind scratch that there's a photo in Jill's instagram that was posted on April 6 showing him sitting unassisted.

I cannot even fathom how the "hack" works. I couldn't even hang a medium weight diaper bag off the back of my sons umbrella stroller! It flipped once when he was two, but it was backwards so it had a lot less potential to hurt him. I still felt horrible because I should have just carried his bag. I almost wish we had an umbrella stroller so could see how easy it would be to tip it forward with the seat we just bought (obviously with no baby in it, would hard to do anyway since he is currently refusing to vacate my body). Also for her too heavy/bulky whatever she said about the proper stroller. We just bought the graco lightweight seat and stroller combo thing for our trip to the US this summer (we decided not to risk our real car seat with the airlines) and the stroller bit is super light and folds up extremely flat. I think we got it for under 100 on Amazon. Why does she no just invest in something like that since she knows she will have a ton more kids`Her way of making decisions makes my brain hurt.

2 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Will Derick go on a rant to try to boost numbers? I think it's possible.

I thought Alyssa Webster showed a few years ago that it wasn't worth even taking a photo of the baby in the car seat, which opened up so many (legitimate) comments that she made her Instagram private for a while. Car seat posts just open you up to comments, I don't know why Jill didn't realize that. When I saw the image of the blog post, without even seeing the video, I thought "oh hell this is going to be a firestorm".

Although in the fundie safety fail awards Kennedy Morton still "wins" for letting her toddler hang out with no car seat or seat belt standing on the floor of a car going down the highway.

Why not just take Sam out of the car seat and strap him into the umbrella stroller?  He’s big enough.

Jill probably thought she’d get so many comments thanking her for this awesome idea.  :pb_rollseyes:

8 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Here stroller and car seat bundles start at just over £100. I'm sure in the US it's similar, buy the correct stroller or pushchair/ pram the can lie in from birth. This is insane that Jill and other Duggar's thought that was ok to do.

That’s about the same price as a really good pair of running shoes. (Maybe a bit more but you get the point!).   Gets some priorities Dills!  

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I cannot imagine hanging a child's car seat off an umbrella stroller.  Those umbrella strollers are as flimsy as fuck!

Why not wear Sam? I use a soft structured carrier with buckles I think it's called? I'm no expert on the baby wearing gear but I have an inexpensive carrier that I use everywhere instead of carrying the heavy infant seat.

I never carried my daughter in her car seat. It stayed in the car; I carried her in my arms. If we were going to a store, I would put blankets in the store's shopping cart and lay her down. Damn.

I did have an umbrella stroller for her when she was 5+ months, and used it mainly for airports because I had the stroller @feministxtian described at both MY house and my parents' house.

As someone who is due in a couple months and has spent a borderline embarrassing amount of time researching travel systems, her ‘hack’ horrified me. 

Know what a good ‘hack’ is? Find one of the systems that’s truly convertible. There are a few that convert from a bassinet style pram to a toddler seat, or the seat removes and you can (safely and securely)  clip the car seat right into the frame. Once you find one of those that you like. Buy the car seat new, but the stroller portion used. 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Why not wear Sam? I use a soft structured carrier with buckles I think it's called? I'm no expert on the baby wearing gear but I have an inexpensive carrier that I use everywhere instead of carrying the heavy infant seat.

Jill’s ability to child wearing is also extremely limited. Apparently nobody ever showed her the right way (high up the chest with the fabric kinds) OR the fact she shouldn’t use the old carriers that don’t support the baby’s hips in the right way. 

4 hours ago, MadameOvary said:

In my less charitable moments I sometimes think Iet's just leave these people to continue with their Darwin Award worthy "hacks". 

Next baby name, Darwin Dillard!

1 hour ago, Nargus said:

As someone who is due in a couple months and has spent a borderline embarrassing amount of time researching travel systems, her ‘hack’ horrified me. 

Know what a good ‘hack’ is? Find one of the systems that’s truly convertible. There are a few that convert from a bassinet style pram to a toddler seat, or the seat removes and you can (safely and securely)  clip the car seat right into the frame. Once you find one of those that you like. Buy the car seat new, but the stroller portion used. 

Personally, I found the travel system to be highly overrated.  Had I known better when Sporty was born, I would have bought an infant seat, a frame stroller, and a sturdy lightweight stroller.  I rarely used my full-sized stroller and got rid of it when Baby was only 4mo old (she was near the weight limit of the infant seat anyway).

As soon as I saw the title "car seat trick"  I knew it was going to be a train wreck.   Hey I love a good life hack, kitchen trick or beauty tips as much as anyone, and I'd love to hear all of your favorite hacks (thread drift pretty please!) 

Using a tortilla for a hat is a weird one Jill, but you do you.  But Jill...... certain times and subjects are NEVER, EVER things you use hacks to cut corners or improvise. If you don't want the internet backlash (or CPS at your door) you should avoid promoting hacking the following on your blog

The Duggar family gun safety hacks

Jill's car seat tricks

Dad just picking your spouse instead of dating them (yo, I am looking at you Jill)

Jim Bob and Michelle's hacks for preventing your son from molesting your daughters

Derick's 10 tricks for missionary work

The Duggar girls' best hacks for delivering babies

All of the above will result in this Jill...

:TrainWreckMotion:

Derick really has no sense of irony, does he? Wow. He's also absolutely raring for a fight and desperate for attention. Jill isn't the greatest person on earth either, but I'm incredibly sad that she ended up with someone as utterly stupid, useless, nasty and pathetic as Derick Dillard. What a disappointment.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived