IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Man, the Dillards are really trying to make friends this week, aren’t they?

61F73B6E-3D0B-43CE-908A-D003C8BA91A4.thumb.jpeg.e6ba1b3ec91ae185b1c05d195f770af3.jpeg

"highlights and celebrates a lifestyle so degrading to children on public television as if it should be normal"

The lack of appreciation of the irony - it burns, it burns!!! IT BURNS!!!! 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

He is such an asshole. Nate & Jeremiah are so freaking cute it almost makes you sick, and Poppy, Oh she's adorable. I would rather watch N&J raise 19 kids than any Duggar any day. 

You just know those kids will have the best opportunities available. They had two loving parents, who will encourage them to do great things, follow dreams.... who will not raise a hand to them, who will not blanket train them. They are safe and loved. 

So is he just against LGBTQAI+ people especially ones that are on the network he supposedly didn't get "fired" at?

48 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Derick needs to shut up, most of the people telling him to stop being so bigoted were fellow Christian's. Yesterday it was announced here that the leader of the Scottish Conservative party, Ruth Davidson was pregnant and people were saying that her child being raised by two women would have a terrible life. 

I don't care if a child has a single mum, single dad, two mum's, two dad's, parents that are married or unmarried as long as the kid is well taken care of. The old fashioned notion that parents need to be heterosexual and married that the Duggar's and other fundie families have does not make them any better. 

I agree, single, gay, straight, married, unmarried, as long as the child is safe, encouraged and loved..... its not as if being straight right away makes you good parents! 

Nate and Jeremiah are adorable! They are so happy together and it's clear that they are raising Poppy well. She's a sweet little girl. I bet they put Poppy in a stroller safely, no life hack needed. You might say that they are better parents than the Dillards! :P 

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree, single, gay, straight, married, unmarried, as long as the child is safe, encouraged and loved..... its not as if being straight right away makes you good parents! 

Me too. I really don't care if about straight, gay, bi, single, married, religious, not religious all I care about is the child or children in safe home with a family who loves him or her and are doing their best to raise, encourage and education the child or children.  Every child deserves that.

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Maybe Derick is just trying to create a diversion from Jill’s carseat thing. 

Jill: #besthubbyever they are soooo mean to me on twitter!

Derick: hold my beer.

Also I always assume with every other HOT Duggar thread someone’s pregnant. With Derick and Jill though, it’s more of a “what did they do now?” thing. Very Trumpian. 

I'm the same way with the Dullards. Its definitely like oh no what did he say.

And now I am imagining Jill saying "hashtag besthubbyever" to derick when they talk and im laughing

Take this with a grain of salt - reddit being far from devoid of fakes and speculation - but I think a lot of Christians, even those on the conservative end of Christianity, are disgusted with D-Wreck's hatefulness and obsession with LGBT people. I wonder what their community really thinks of the Dillards...they certainly don't do a great job of making Christianity/fundie-ism seem like a happy, attractive lifestyle.

Pic taken from the "Could Derick get any worse?" thread on the Counting On reddit page.

reddit.png

10 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Take this with a grain of salt - reddit being far from devoid of fakes and speculation - but I think a lot of Christians, even those on the conservative end of Christianity, are disgusted with D-Wreck's hatefulness and obsession with LGBT people. I wonder what their community really thinks of the Dillards...they certainly don't do a great job of making Christianity/fundie-ism seem like a happy, attractive lifestyle.

Pic taken from the "Could Derick get any worse?" thread on the Counting On reddit page.

reddit.png

I’m guessing this person is either full of it or wearing rose coloured glasses. Derick’s community are the same people who voted for (and continue to support) Donald Trump. By and large they are pretty much the worst of the worst.

4 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

As soon as I saw the title "car seat trick"  I knew it was going to be a train wreck.   Hey I love a good life hack, kitchen trick or beauty tips as much as anyone, and I'd love to hear all of your favorite hacks (thread drift pretty please!) 

Using a tortilla for a hat is a weird one Jill, but you do you.  But Jill...... certain times and subjects are NEVER, EVER things you use hacks to cut corners or improvise. If you don't want the internet backlash (or CPS at your door) you should avoid promoting hacking the following on your blog

The Duggar family gun safety hacks

Jill's car seat tricks

Dad just picking your spouse instead of dating them (yo, I am looking at you Jill)

Jim Bob and Michelle's hacks for preventing your son from molesting your daughters

Derick's 10 tricks for missionary work

The Duggar girls' best hacks for delivering babies

All of the above will result in this Jill...

:TrainWreckMotion:

How about...

How to grift through life life without ever having to get a job.   

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Derick’s community are the same people who voted for (and continue to support) Donald Trump. By and large they are pretty much the worst of the worst.

This is a bit of a side point, but I'd just like to add: there are a lot of people who voted for Trump, for a lot of different reasons. I know many LGBT-friendly people who voted for Trump. Trump himself has been pro-LGBT for most of his public life. He was pro-choice as well. Even if those views have changed since the election, he still once held them. And many of his supporters still hold those views.

I did not and would not have voted for Trump, but I think it's an over-simplification (and a divisive one) to claim all Trump voters are terrible people or opponents of LGBT rights.

Count me in for the "Something's seriously wrong in the Dillard household" camp. Now, I don't want to speculate on abuse/mental health/sexuality/anything like that- I don't know WHAT could possibly be wrong. But this isn't normal behavior, even for hateful bigoted fundies. Something's fucky.

What a travesty of a family. It's sad how blatant the Duggar agenda is, such that it both highlights and celebrates a lifestyle so degrading to children on public television as if it should be normal.

36 minutes ago, bananabread said:

This is a bit of a side point, but I'd just like to add: there are a lot of people who voted for Trump, for a lot of different reasons. I know many LGBT-friendly people who voted for Trump. Trump himself has been pro-LGBT for most of his public life. He was pro-choice as well. Even if those views have changed since the election, he still once held them. And many of his supporters still hold those views.

I did not and would not have voted for Trump, but I think it's an over-simplification (and a divisive one) to claim all Trump voters are terrible people or opponents of LGBT rights.

I have a feeling he still is or he doesn't care..... but I digress. 

9 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Count me in for the "Something's seriously wrong in the Dillard household" camp. Now, I don't want to speculate on abuse/mental health/sexuality/anything like that- I don't know WHAT could possibly be wrong. But this isn't normal behavior, even for hateful bigoted fundies. Something's fucky.

I am starting to move to that as well. I think it might be typical, but he has been very public with it recently. Prior to that, he seemed a decent guy. What went wrong? Was he hiding his true self? Did he have a break down? 

38 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Didn't Trump want Tiffany's mother to have an abortion and she refused. They voted for Trump because he was the Republican candidate and he wasn't Hillary, Ben is the only one that so far has said he didn't vote for Trump.

Trump is pro-Trump, period. Anyone and anything else doesn't matter at all. Except money. He's down with money.

I'm also wondering what's up with the Dullard. He's starting to sound a bit like those guys who slowly isolate themselves into internet echo chambers and get more and more radical and outspoken about whatever they're mad about, but he seems to be mostly general hate to me. Maybe at some point he'll start throwing in the specific code words to ID what group he's stewing himself in?

"Degrading to children"?

Oh, you must mean having a camera crew film a medically fragile elementary schooler shitting herself and having seizures. Or whoring your children out to reality TV as part of a sick charade to appear like a normal family while you allow your child molester son continued access to his victims. Or putting your children in "wacky" situations that reveal their subpar education and sheltered ignorance so they can be laughed at like some modern-day P.T. Barnum freakshow. 

Yeah, that sure is degrading to children, Derick.

Derick is a fucking toilet of a person. 

Yeah, sorry, but no. Trump supporters are not nice people and they did not have any good or rational reason for voting for him, and especially not for continuing to support him now. Does that mean they’re all evil and irredeemable? Of course not! But I’m 100% done pussyfooting around this. There is no excuse.

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Trump supporters are not nice people

Actually, I know quite a few "Trump supporters" (meaning:  they voted for him) who are nice. The ones I know also are charitable, friendly, helpful, tolerant of others' views, and -in general- very liberal in their views of the LGBTQ community. 

Without fail, every.single.Trump.voter I know, voted for him for one of two reasons:

1.  He isn't Hillary
2.  He's not a politician

I have to wonder how they feel now, though - if they're being honest.

1 hour ago, bananabread said:

reddit.png

I love the phrase "I don't agree with homosexuality." It's so weird. It either makes me think of how a person might say that a food they ate disagreed with them when they have indigestion, or it can make me think that homosexuality probably disagrees with them as well.

Men (Christian and not) who hate gays are both hilarious and infuriating. In my experience with talking to men over the years, it nearly always boils down to a serious fear that another man might flirt with them. It's as though they have a genuine fear of being placed socially in the same position as women. Wonder why that is...

3 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I love the phrase "I don't agree with homosexuality." It's so weird. It either makes me think of how a person might say that a food they ate disagreed with them when they have indigestion, or it can make me think that homosexuality probably disagrees with them as well.

Men (Christian and not) who hate gays are both hilarious and infuriating. In my experience with talking to men over the years, it nearly always boils down to a serious fear that another man might flirt with them. It's as though they have a genuine fear of being placed socially in the same position as women. Wonder why that is...

I always saw it that they are afraid its catching or they will be "converted" somehow. 

10 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Actually, I know quite a few "Trump supporters" (meaning:  they voted for him) who are nice. The ones I know also are charitable, friendly, helpful, tolerant of others' views, and -in general- very liberal in their views of the LGBTQ community. 

Without fail, every.single.Trump.voter I know, voted for him for one of two reasons:

1.  He isn't Hillary
2.  He's not a politician

I have to wonder how they feel now, though - if they're being honest.

Those... are really stupid reasons to vote for someone. Especially someone who has made it blatantly obvious that he has absolutely zero understanding of how the world outside his tiny bubble works, and isn't even that good a businessman.

I could understand voting for a top CEO of a major company, as a person like that would be expected to understand how to run a large organization and delegate things. Instead we got a reality TV star famous because he puts his name on everything he can get his hands on, and basically runs a ponzi scheme of buying something, stripping it of all value, then using it to tempt in investors on his next project before writing off the current one as a loss so he can avoid paying taxes.

14 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I love the phrase "I don't agree with homosexuality." It's so weird. 

Totally.

Also when I see “I don’t believe in vaccines” I always want to say, what do you mean - they exist...

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived