IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

And today's hypocrisy award goes to Beall Phillips:

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My, goodness, this is classic depression. 

That said, sometimes people are just worn out and ready for a permanent respite, especially if a cherished life partner has already passed on. 

I hope her "friend" is able to turn it around, or get some assistance with depression.  Again, she has a lot of elderly friends or she is working as an elder companion or helper.  ETA: the latter can lead to the former! 

Operation Meatball seems to have figured out that the WWII focus means they’ll be out of veterans soon. I’ve been seeing some Vietnam veterans showing up on their Instagram page.
Arrrrgh, Beall, HONESTLY JUST STOP.
Your husband has left.
You have a job.
Your kids appear to have jobs (mostly).
Stop faking like we’re in VF’s glory days and it’s all skirts-only and SOTDRT and joyful submission to your headship.
Just stop.

Sad that it's probably never crossed the mind of Beall or the Meatballers to work towards an MSW or nursing degree with a specialty in geriatrics.  There's a college in Durango, ya know.  Can't remember what Beall's degree is in. Anybody?

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

Can't remember what Beall's degree is in. Anybody?

A master's degree in manipulation.

(That is a direct quote from David Sedaris, one of the best writers occupying our planet today.)

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Sad that it's probably never crossed the mind of Beall or the Meatballers to work towards an MSW or nursing degree with a specialty in geriatrics.  There's a college in Durango, ya know. 

No, it hasn't crossed their minds. It's more fun to gram cosplay and travelling around to various vets' reunions than it is to pursue a life's work in helping old people.

How do Beall's parents feel about this? Would they like to have some of this attention that Beall & their grandchildren are lavishing on strangers? 

12 hours ago, Howl said:

Law, I think.  Not that she ever seems to have used her degree.

Have we ever discussed this place:  https://rethinkingvisionforum.wordpress.com/about/

It seems to have a good overview of Biblical Patriarchy, VF, and all affiliated people.

Judging by that post, I think Beall has a fear of ending up elderly, alone, and irrelevant. And I think she's on the path to that, unless she makes some positive changes in her life.

Good point, and even though she's 50, she's got 15 years to go to 65, or whenever Social Security kicks in by then.  She's could train for an actual professional career (say for two to three years) leading to a job WITH BENEFITS, and work for another 12 to 15 years building up retirement benefits.  

I fell into that kind of job when I was in my early 50s.  I didn't have a clue then that it would allow me to retire at 65, save me financially  in retirement by providing a modest pension and wonderful free secondary insurance to supplement MediCare.  It's allowed me to wait until 70 in a few months to begin my full Social Security.  

No doubt she can't shake the VF SAHM mindset yet, and she still does have two kids in school, but she needs to get after this ASAP. Her older SAHDs can take responsibility for the younger kids while Beall works.  Sadly, housing prices in Durango are such that she'll never own a home there, but if she has a skill she's acquired to become employable, she might be able to move somewhere that will allow her to develop home equity. 

I was thinking about this thread when I read this Wikipedia entry on the 1940s phenomenon of the sweater girl:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweater_girl

My guess is that the Phillips girls like the 40s aesthetics because it looks classy and feminine without looking too out of place, but the sweater girl phenomenon shows that a woman can be ”modest” by fundie standards and still be defrauding. I love this quote from the article from a policeman in 1949 about the supposedly degenerate tendencies of the sweater girl:

“Women walk the streets, their curves accentuated by their dresses," Superintendent of Police Harvey J. Scott said. "But our real problem is with bobby soxers. They are the sweater girls—just kids showing off their curves and apparently liking it. What kind of mothers and wives are they going to be?”

This sort of rhetoric wouldn’t have been out of place in VF morality lessons of old. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a number of neo sweater girls running around Doug Phillips is a tool’s entourage. 

WTF is up with this broad and being 50? It's not the end of the world! The upside is once you hit 50, you no longer give a flying fuck about much of anything anymore. 

And what is up with the kitten heels? Goddamn they're some ugly-ass shoes. 

35 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

WTF is up with this broad and being 50? It's not the end of the world! The upside is once you hit 50, you no longer give a flying fuck about much of anything anymore. 

And what is up with the kitten heels? Goddamn they're some ugly-ass shoes. 

All of the above.  50+ is kind of fun.  The shoes are not a good look for her.  A cute pair of Tom's yes.  The shoes do not make her look younger,  Quite the opposite in fact.  

5 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I was thinking about this thread when I read this Wikipedia entry on the 1940s phenomenon of the sweater girl:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweater_girl

My guess is that the Phillips girls like the 40s aesthetics because it looks classy and feminine without looking too out of place, but the sweater girl phenomenon shows that a woman can be ”modest” by fundie standards and still be defrauding. I love this quote from the article from a policeman in 1949 about the supposedly degenerate tendencies of the sweater girl:

“Women walk the streets, their curves accentuated by their dresses," Superintendent of Police Harvey J. Scott said. "But our real problem is with bobby soxers. They are the sweater girls—just kids showing off their curves and apparently liking it. What kind of mothers and wives are they going to be?”

This sort of rhetoric wouldn’t have been out of place in VF morality lessons of old. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a number of neo sweater girls running around Doug Phillips is a tool’s entourage. 

Thank you for articulating this! In Doug's twisted ethos it seems that sin is ok as long as it's wrapped in a vintage, traditional package. And then Beall is here trying to be good '40s wife. These people need to stop hiding behind these fantasy worlds and just own up to how messed up things really are for them.

On 5/10/2018 at 8:17 PM, dripcurl said:

He already took down the new insta, but nabbed @dw_cinematographer I am pretty sure, as one of the only two people followed on there is a performer represented by him. 

Now I am confused. I also found @nyc_cinematographer a few days ago which seemed to be him, now I cannot find either.

18 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Now I am confused. I also found @nyc_cinematographer a few days ago which seemed to be him, now I cannot find either.

They're both there. Note who's following dw_cinematographer:

dw_cinematographer.png

nyc_cinematographer.png

51 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

They're both there. Note who's following dw_cinematographer:

dw_cinematographer.png

nyc_cinematographer.png

Thank you. I followed one last week, so I think he just blocked me on both :) 

Dude deletes and remakes his accounts faster than a troubled 14 year old on tumblr - I can't imagine it's great for his self-promotion.

2 hours ago, dripcurl said:

And why the people who associate and sign up with this guy don't find his multiple name changes weird is one of the mysteries of the universe.

Douglas Winston Phillips.  And aliases.  Chameleon.  The one who must conceal himself and his back story at all costs.

Nothing to be suspicious about here, folks,  He's just misunderstood!

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, Howl said:

Spanish. Maybe a minor in Portugese.

• 2 weeks later...

RJ Rushdoony's grandson-in-law, Joel McDurmon, asks: 

I wouldn't hold your breath while waiting for the answer, Joel! But I hear it's a guy named... uh, Phil. Yeah, Phil. 

Well, Joel McDurmon's a rabbit hole unto himself.  Love Jesus, love guns, and BY GAWD, homeschool your kids! 

36 minutes ago, Howl said:

Well, Joel McDurmon's a rabbit hole unto himself.  Love Jesus, love guns, and BY GAWD, homeschool your kids! 

Yep.  I've been down that rabbit hole.  You will need the ferrets and a hazmat suit.  The American Vision is a cesspit of Theonomy, white supremacy, and hatred.  https://americanvision.org/about/

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/people/joel-mcdurmon/

And the ultimate whine from Pulpit and Pen.  JD Hall would rather be shooting deer than defending himself from dear Joel: http://pulpitandpen.org/2014/10/15/a-response-to-joel-mcdurmon/

I've wondered whether this is a reference to Phil Winston.  But the Tool fell from grace in 2013, so perhaps not.

This is true. A friend of mine and Christian filmmaker offered to discuss theonomy over the phone. I found it unnecessary to discuss this theological topic with a documentarian and film critic, regardless of him being an excellent documentarian and film critic. I’m not sure what this conversation would have profited me, and a subsequent conversation resulted in much screaming. I love the brother, and have no ill-will, but shrillness is hardly productive for profitable discourse.

Long may they all squabble among themselves.  It distracts them from World Dominion.

So many Fundies; so little time.

Seems Beall's midlife crisis is still striving to reach its peak:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjbTdDyAT2X/?taken-by=myfirstyearat50

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived