IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

A dear friend is a huge Brene Brown fan, but I'm about 20 years out of the introspection/insight/fixing myself phase, so have not ventured to read any of her books.  I DO find it fascinating that Beall is reading her;  from what little of know of her, Brene Brown would not have been approved reading in VF homes.  Who knows what titles Beall might find adjacent to Brene Brown on the shelf at the library and where that might lead her! 

In years past, I'd always roam the self-help shelves at libraries and book stores until, one day, I found a book called "There is Nothing Wrong With You" by Cheri Huber, a Buddhist. I'm thinking I'd like to revisit some of her writing.  Ironically, I found this book at Maria's Bookstore in downtown Durango, probably within walking distance of Beall's house.  

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's spent the past few weeks in D.C. as a guardian with Greater Peoria Honor Flight. Honestly, it's a big shift to only see Liberty this year, last year the whole family was involved with it.

It lends more credence to the theory that Beall has an actual job now, and/or they aren't pulling in enough donations to send anyone except Liberty.

Oooooo, deep, Beall.

She has to have a job. How else is she supposed to live, when her husband has left and is running around Europe with dancing girls ? Not criticize the dancing girls, though I think they could probably do a lot better than Phil.

Her latest IG post is chock-full of mysterious things about transitions.

Do tell, Beall. We’re all agog at your publicly displayed and carefully curated trainwreck.

Well her private Instagram has a lovely birthday message to the love of her life Phil so I doubt the transition has anything to do with him.

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Well her private Instagram has a lovely birthday message to the love of her life Phil so I doubt the transition has anything to do with him.

Any response back from Phil?  Does Phil comment on ANY of her IG posts?

By the way, where is Phil?  He's been awfully quite...

7 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Any response back from Phil?  Does Phil comment on ANY of her IG posts?

By the way, where is Phil?  He's been awfully quite...

Nope! The post was however liked by various fundie riff raff- think Mortons, Disharoons, Seargents, etc.

16 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I hope their place in Durango is safe. Big fire in the area causing evacuations. :my_sad:

My impression (based on their old Victorian cottage) is that they are right in the center of town.  If they have only one car this makes sense, because downtown and the grocery stores are within walking distance. 

The 416 fire, which has consumed 1,900 acres, is burning about 10 miles to the north of Durango, and is only 10% contained.  As of yesterday, no houses had burned.  The La Plata County Website has current information here

The entire southwest is in extreme drought conditions; everything is a tinderbox, with fires in New Mexico (Philmont Scout Ranch) and quite a few in Arizona.  

If you're travelling this summer, InciWeb (Incident Information System) tracks all wildfires in the US.

When asked what she's studying in school, Faith replies, "Too many things."

What school does she attend? Do we know? 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Please, please, please let it be a bricks and mortar school and not some on-line fundie scam. 

Wishing her the best in her sewing endeavors.  Wonder if she'll end up with a military hubby? 

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

When asked what she's studying in school, Faith replies, "Too many things."

Did anyone else notice that her aunt Alessandra Rossi Filippi commented on that post?

I am going to guess that with the fall of DPIAT and VF, the Phillips kids have figured out that they, too, may need to get a job one day.

I’m glad Faith is still sewing. My SIL does Star Wars cosplay and the seamstresses in that community make a healthy amount of cash.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Please, please, please let it be a bricks and mortar school and not some on-line fundie scam.

She's referenced things like "going to class" (in her instagram stories, I think) so fingers crossed that it's an actual, accredited school.

Wonder if she'll end up with a military hubby? 

I've wondered that, too.  Based on Liberty's comments on the "Running for Iwo Jima" IG, I got the impression that Faith only ran the Marine Corps Marathon last year because it was a rare, sanctioned, opportunity to be in the physical proximity of uniformed men under 80 :pb_lol: Then Faith commented on her own IG that MCM could also stand for "man crush Monday".

2 hours ago, StacyW said:

Did anyone else notice that her aunt Alessandra Rossi Filippi commented on that post?

She comments quite often, actually. I think she's even following Dougie's accounts, so whatever animosity they had between then seems to have mellowed. Doug's sister Jennifer (the actress living in NYC) pops up on Faith's IG occasionally as well, her handle is redwonderjp

The death of Anthony Bourdain requires a STATEMENT from Doug Phillips, of course. And he does something that is just so Doug: After introducing Bourdain as someone he was no closer to than a deli customer reading a quote hanging on a wall, he can't help but imply that he knew him in "real life" ("I did not always agree with him, but I always liked him."). 

Hmmmm, he posted this on Vision Forum and not one of his sock accounts?  Interesting.  Also, I guess "somehow" I missed out on the extraordinary depth and breadth of his experience as a documentary filmmaker, which sounds almost equal to Bourdain's, but maybe that's the entire point of his post. 

Over the years I have loved being a documentarian and director creating shows which have broadcast on television in the United States and abroad. I have produced series which take viewers into foreign worlds and past eras...

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Also, I guess "somehow" I missed out on the extraordinary depth and breadth of his experience as a documentary filmmaker, which sounds almost equal to Bourdain's, but maybe that's the entire point of his post. 

It absolutely is; only an equally brilliant, macho, and misunderstood artiste can do justice to Bourdain. 

From the comments:

"My dear young lady perhaps instead of covering your car in stickers you may consider enrolling in the Marines"

That suggestion didn't make it very far, obviously :pb_lol:

I like how she says that if she was a Marine then she wouldn't be able to run her programs for veterans. Oh, what a terrible loss that would be! :my_rolleyes: The Tool certainly passed on to his offspring a couple of iron-clad messiah complexes.

Have followed Operation Cheatball on IG as Liberty went to Europe with the vets over the last week or so -- tell me again, just what does all of this accomplish, apart from Liberty having a great time on someone elseʻs dime? 

Re: the advice to join the Marines. Heh. Not holding my breath. 

"But I'm still semi-brainwashed and I couldn't enact regressive gender stereotypes if I join the Marines!"

If I had it to do over, I’d be a Marine. The BEST uniforms. Especially for women. 

Im not real fond of eating crayons though, so maybe not.

(Dig at the Marines, couldn’t help myself)

I'd sure like to embed with the Phillips family for a few weeks to get the inside story on WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED to that family over the last three years or so.  There are family secrets; nobody has broken rank to discuss the changes, which have been drastic.  

They continue to present a carefully cultivated and edited social media face to the world, without saying anything of import about.....anything. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived