IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

"Those dreary vows that everyone takes, everyone breaks..."

Remember, making light of adultery is okay... if you sing an old-time-y song while wearing a drop-waist dress and plenty of red lipstick!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the Arthurian love triangle. We all KNOW how well things turned out for that royal couple!

And "lusty." Little Eva used the word "lusty." 'Tis a far, far cry from the days when her redoubtable father was preaching the virtues of obedient daughters, serving as meek, chaste keepers of the home...

15 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Hannah's bio page at her website says she's Belgian.

If she's a dual US-Belgian citizen or a US permanent resident, what visa would allow her to live and work in the US?

If she is a dual citizen or Green Card holder (permanent resident) she can live and work in the US indefinitely - no visa needed.   If not either of those, there are special visa categories for non-immigrant people in entertainment.  I rather like the idea of an "Alien with Extraordinary Ability" myself.  I'm sure that's how Mork from Ork could work here legally.

More than you ever wanted to know about the various entertainment visas here:  http://americanlaw.com/actor_niv.html

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I rather like the idea of an "Alien with Extraordinary Ability" myself.

Melania! 

50 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

If not either of those, there are special visa categories for non-immigrant people in entertainment. 

Yep, but it's questionable as to whether she has one of them, which would allow her to work (for money) while here:

N.B. The tRump administration's immigration "policies" are beyond revolting & vile. May every last one of them rot in hell or wherever for the cruel persecutions of non-citizens and even citizens in some cases. This is one of the most chilling & destructive consequences of the 2016 election, and that's saying something.

11 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Yep, but it's questionable as to whether she has one of them, which would allow her to work (for money) while here:

As she is using Hannah Snow is there a possibility that her mother is a American?  She doesn't seem to be working - or does she - I haven't looked very hard?  I doubt the Tool will be much help in getting her jobs and she says she is only in NYC for three months - so tourist visa while she tries to make contacts?

She's actually got a pretty good resume.

19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

She's actually got a pretty good resume.

She does -- just like Lady Flo.

It's a mystery to me why these talented and apparently intelligent young women would give an asshat like Doug Phillips the time of day, let alone allowing him to pant all over them while filming. It's hard to believe they haven't googled or otherwise scoped out his history & background.

Guess the PR products are worth it to them. :my_sick:

6 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

"Those dreary vows that everyone takes, everyone breaks..."

Remember, making light of adultery is okay... if you sing an old-time-y song while wearing a drop-waist dress and plenty of red lipstick!

WTF

Is she trying to be "lusty" to get attention from her dad? She was conditioned her whole life to "conform to his vision" so now that he has decided to be so public about chasing women with this aesthetic and, tastes? she is now dutifully fulfilling her role by becoming what he values.

I like how plebe fundies buy the lie that Patriarchy is something that is inherently of God and has been corrupted by the world, when in fact it is a model that works in any context where control is exercised, it is completely independent of spiritualty let alone Jesus.

Poor Faith.

Fuck you Doug!

"Transitioning as individuals and as a unit"-- is that what they're calling it now? How very Paltrow-esque of you, Beall. 

I drive this route three times a week and it's about 45 minutes each way.

So, Beall, why do you do this drive three times a week? I'm starting to wonder if she has a job doing elder companion care. She mentioned cooking for an elderly woman on weekends.  

I do know what she means about not minding the drive.  45 minutes in almost any direction from Durango and you'll be seeing some beautiful country and usually not much traffic on a two-lane road. 

C'mon Beall, just spit it out. It won't kill you, it isn't difficult: you have a JOB. You're working, and (one would hope) bringing in an income.

There, see how easy that was?

25 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

C'mon Beall, just spit it out. It won't kill you, it isn't difficult: you have a JOB. You're working, and (one would hope) bringing in an income.

There, see how easy that was?

My year at 50, I was able to transition to part-time work after a lifetime of being on a 5-day-a-week schedule for school, then school and work, and then work and motherhood. 

It occurs to me that Beall may find more satisfaction and peace of mind with a JOB than she ever did on Doug Phillips’ grifting gravy train, if she allows herself to get used to it. When you have a JOB, you have a reasonable expectation of being compensated on a regular and reliable schedule for  services provided.

Sure, scamming the gullible back in the day provided lots of travel, a home with a pool for which she and her creep husband probably didn't even  pay the taxes, and free labor of a dozen adoring Lourdes-types. 

And I’m not for one second saying that was worse than living in a hovel with missing windows. 

However: there was always the reality that the VF house of cards could come tumbling down if Leininger lost interest or their sheeple wandered to the next thing. 

What I’m saying is: as she earns and gets used to the humdrum of the JOB lifestyle and the relative certainty that the money will keep coming in because SHE is responsibly doing what she’s supposed to be doing, she may feel a peacefulness thst has previously eluded her. 

Her grown sons are now job people who make their livings by their skills and abilities. Her grown daughters are still orbiting around their pimpy father, relying on the next deal, the next successful con.

I ppersonally would never trade the boys’ way of life for the girls’, and maybe Beall will come to see the value in that.  Or maybe she’ll just keep it together til D Winters Agency miraculously comes back and sweeps her off in a Learjet. I just know what’s worked for me, and I wouldn’t change it for any good part of Beall’s First 50 years. 

@MamaJunebug, agreed! I must admit that, when I was separated at age 26, with a year-old baby and facing the prospect of working full time and supporting myself for the first time in my life, I was somewhat scared and resentful, as I had intended to be a SAHM. Then I got reeeeeal comfy with that respectable paycheck and the ability to save a good amount of money. Every time a raise came, I chucked it into the bank. In five years, I was in a position to buy a house on my own if I chose to. 

I found, after two marriages and two divorces, that I could support myself and manage my money better than a man could. But then I was never self-proclaimed royalty like House o’ Phillips. 

6 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

"Transitioning as individuals and as a unit"-- is that what they're calling it now? How very Paltrow-esque of you, Beall. 

I am pretty sure Doug consciously uncoupled a long time ago. Beall hasn't accepted that her husband has left her.

Working will do Beall a world of good. It might just open her eyes to how shitty her husband is.  

Looks like Dougie has added yet another alias to his ever-expanding list of fake personae: @nyc_cinematographer. From Hannah Snow's IG account:

hannahsnow23 So guuuuys this is exciting!! Here is a short teaser of my acting reel, the 2:23 version will be released shortly! I feel quite vulnerable posting this, but every actor needs a reel, so here goes. So deeply grateful to @nyc_cinematographer who put so much work into this, as well as other professional endeavors, and I’m so glad to call you a friend now! For any actors/artists looking for reels or other film projects, find him on www.cinemaofwonder.com
Do it. Really. I promise. 

nyc_cinematographer Welcome to my new IG. #retro #vintage #fashion #theater #broadway #nyc #cinematographer #cinematography #reels #actingreel #weddingcinematographers #retro #1920s #1930s #1940s #1950s #1950sfashion #dancereel #vocalists

#Tool #Phony #Philanderer #ForgetthewifeandkidsbackinColorado

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.39.31 AM.png

That must have been a spur-of-the-moment change; when Hannah originally posted it, she credited @cryptoretro.

So I take it NYC is officially Dougie's base of operations now? I wonder how long before Faith heads out to join him, she seemed pretty enamored of the Big Apple.

Side note: Weren't the Phillips girls pretty strictly skirts only? Faith recently did a couple of sewing projects involving wide leg pants, and now Liberty is sporting them as well:

Untitled-1.png.a88267de470262ee533d39ab1ee6e47e.png

Granted, they're very modest, and more importantly, retro style, which magically bends the rules in their world, but I don't recall seeing pants on the girls (or Beall) ever, prior to this. They'd done some slightly more modern legging and tunic outfits, but even Liberty's marathons were done in a running skirt, weren't they?

20 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Side note: Weren't the Phillips girls pretty strictly skirts only?

Yes, as this photo from August 2004 (Doug's Blog) shows. IIRC, this was pretty typical dress for those girls during the VF heydays.

Aug 2004_Doug's Blog.png

LMAO @ "when Dad is away defending the frontier"

Or in Europe, filming Burlesque dancers. Whichever.

"A special dispensation was given to our dear girls..."

As in, they thought they had to add a disclaimer. :/ 

8 hours ago, BobJonesBabe said:

"A special dispensation was given to our dear girls..."

As in, they thought they had to add a disclaimer. :/ 

Yep. "As you know from our Vision Forum catalog, the vagina people are usually limited to pretty, pretty dollies and tea sets. But we made an exception and let them actually have fun, just this once." Fuck you, Doug. 

On Camelot. DPIARBT indoctrinated them with that I feel sure. In college, I understand he was quite proud and vocal that Howard, in HIS college days, had seen the original Broadway production. Speaking of college days, I also understand Beall wore plenty of pants and slacks and shorts then, at least before Doug started "molding" her.  

I wish someone with some psych background could dish on all the aliases.  That has to have a DSM reference. Isn't he up to about six now?

Their double standards are aburdly comical.  And @AnnaSofia you are so right about the fact that "retro" seems to be the gateway to old rule-bending.  Makeup, attire, you name it. If it can carry a nostalgic or vintage spin--it's cool.

On 2018-05-05 at 9:55 PM, AnnaSofia said:

LMAO @ "when Dad is away defending the frontier"

Or in Europe, filming Burlesque dancers. Whichever.

Or, as we dissected here, posing wistfully in doctored photos taken at various well-travelled tourist sites, where he carefully cropped out the visitor's centres, other tourists, gas stations, snack bars, and explanatory signage.   

I feel like if Dougie had been in the war - ANY war - he would've hidden in a ditch until the fighting was done, then crawled out and claimed miraculous survival after fighting through a hailstorm of bullets and bombs.   

Hmmm. “Cinema of Wonder”. Sounds like a throwback to Phillips-ian times. Calls to mind cellos. Moar cellos.

3 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

I feel like if Dougie had been in the war - ANY war - he would've hidden in a ditch until the fighting was done, then crawled out and claimed miraculous survival after fighting through a hailstorm of bullets and bombs.   

But the smell and dampness of his pants would give him away.

He already took down the new insta, but nabbed @dw_cinematographer I am pretty sure, as one of the only two people followed on there is a performer represented by him. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived