IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

Yeah, she is dyeing it.  All through the VF years her hair was brown.

Some women who were blonde as children think they can go back to their childhood shade when they are older, and it will make them look younger.  It doesn't usually work IMO, it just ages them.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had white blonde hair as a child. Mine is  heading back that way on it's own.

I had sandy blonde/dish water blonde/light brown hair as a kid and a light brown with some reddish highlights beard as a young adult.  I'm the same age as Beall and my hair is WHITE -- all of it.  My wife & her siblings all had very dark brown hair as kids, all are now 50+ and (if they didn't dye) have salt & pepper hair.  I guess I'm not convinced she's dying now & didn't in the past.  I sorta suspect the reverse but the whole thing is trivial.  Just think it could go along with her "look at me, I'm all natural" stance these days -- the tired looking posts, the "today's my no makeup day" posts, the "I'm 50!!1!11!!!" posts, etc.  But it could go the other way as well.  What do I know?

48 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

I had sandy blonde/dish water blonde/light brown hair as a kid and a light brown with some reddish highlights beard as a young adult.  I'm the same age as Beall and my hair is WHITE -- all of it.  My wife & her siblings all had very dark brown hair as kids, all are now 50+ and (if they didn't dye) have salt & pepper hair.  I guess I'm not convinced she's dying now & didn't in the past.  I sorta suspect the reverse but the whole thing is trivial.  Just think it could go along with her "look at me, I'm all natural" stance these days -- the tired looking posts, the "today's my no makeup day" posts, the "I'm 50!!1!11!!!" posts, etc.  But it could go the other way as well.  What do I know?

I'm a couple years younger and significantly grey, and one of my best friends the same age is almost completely white. I agree it's possible that her hair is naturally white and she adds a blonde color to it. There is never even a hint of roots showing, and that is hard to maintain with bleached blonde hair. She's commented a couple times about missing her darker hair. 

There is also at least one photo where you can see she's growing out a darker color and her roots and new growth are much much lighter.

I am thoroughly defrauded.  At my advanced age too.  Does that make me a cougar or simply not dead yet? 

Young Justice is infinitely hotter than JTits in my considered opinion.

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I am thoroughly defrauded.  At my advanced age too.  Does that make me a cougar or simply not dead yet? 

Young Justice is infinitely hotter than JTits in my considered opinion.

They're both total cuties in their own way.

6 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Yes, JTits is the well-scrubbed, All-American boy, while Injustice is the more rugged-- dare I say, manly-- type. 

18 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Agreed, but the Tool always used to favor Joshua for advertising purposes. 

It supports my theory that conventionally good looking ≠ hot. :)

@Palimpsest, it always skeeved me out how DPIARBT used to handpick his “prettiest” kids for his ads and publicity shit.

@Hane, me too.  And the *favored child* thing seems to be continuing today with Little Eva promoted and fawned over more than Liberty or Jubilee.  It pisses me off as well as skeeving me out.

Interested at the "similar values and worldview" bit - are all of the Phillips kids still fundigelical?

On 6/16/2018 at 9:57 AM, Howl said:

I also have no doubt that Beall wanted to save her family as a family unit.  There were six or seven kids living at home at the time of the VF implosion, right?  This is a decision women and men must make all of the time when infidelity is discovered, but as noted above, Beall still views Doug as the victim and not the sexual abuser and views Lourdes as a betrayer and not a victim.

I have no doubt she wanted to save her family unit and probably does not see divorce as an option.  Also she had six minor children at home.  I used to have more sympathy.

However, one of the things I find repulsive about Beall is that she knew Doug was after Lourdes even before Doug confessed his inappropriate relationship and resigned from BCA and VF.  Remember, he confessed.  She certainly knew about it before the law suit was filed, if not all the details.

We have the information on good authority that the Torres family confronted Doug, Beall, and Joshua in person about their concerns before Doug was confronted by Bradrick and Co. and later  confessed.  Beall stuck her head in the sand about it all.  This was a young woman who was a member of their church, who traveled with them to take care of the children, and a young woman under Beall's protection, if you will.  Doug was going after Lourdes under Beall's very own roof.

But her response to all of this is to cast the Tool as the innocent victim and sit on her (until very recently) totally unemployed behind playing the brave and martyred spouse.   She keeps playing that pathological game of denial while Doug cavorts around Europe with his lady friends.  She knows.  She has to know what he is.

Beall has also done nothing about helping her daughters to get a decent education.  Or encouraged them to get proper jobs instead of encouraging them to Cheatball all over the place on the donations of others.  Without a decent education, and with Beall's example, those daughters could also end up with eleventy children and financially dependent on a cheating husband.

As I said, Beall tests the very limits of my sympathy.

9 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Interested at the "similar values and worldview" bit - are all of the Phillips kids still fundigelical?

That stood out for me, too. Since we know for sure that Joshua is still a very conservative fundie, what else can it mean except that they all are-- or at least are all quite close to it? 

11 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

That stood out for me, too. Since we know for sure that Joshua is still a very conservative fundie, what else can it mean except that they all are-- or at least are all quite close to it? 

Or she doesn't really know what her kids world view is since she sees them so infrequently, and she wants people to think that a) she has a closer relationship with her kids than she does and b) she needs everyone to believe that despite all the changes in the family after the collapse they are still all strong Christians. 

9 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Ditto!  Based on Bible verses on Beall's instagram, she's still grounded in her Christian faith, whatever that may be at this point.  I would assume everybody at home is attending church.   I suspect they are all politically conservative.  I mean, for heck's sake,  Grandpa Howard Phillips was involved with (founded?) a wing nut political party (Constitution Party). 

On 6/18/2018 at 5:15 AM, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I had white blonde hair as a child. Mine is  heading back that way on it's own.

Me too. It’s called arctic blonde. 

Reading the rest of this and not wanting to double post, I’m editing my post.  I come from a very conservative capital C Christian family, and my eldest sister married a pedophile who abused me and my sister (his minor children sister’s in law) and abused his wife the most. They don’t associate with me any more because I spoke out because I was concerned about the grandchildren of the pedophile, who are in danger because of family loyalty and denial. The pedophile has been divorced by my sister, but I’m ostracized for speaking about it. His daughter, my niece, is the biggest proponent of keeping me out of the family. She spends time with the pedopile, her kid’s grandfather. 

I guess my point is that family loyalty and the influence of religious teachings has taken precedence over the safety of children in my family. It’s truly fucked up, but I can see where this family comes from. I’m not amused. 

Justice is currently thru-hiking the Continental Divide Trail. His IG stories are actually pretty cool if you're into hiking (I am) https://www.instagram.com/thejusticephillips/ He's also got some legitimately pretty shots from working on a fishing boat in Alaska last summer.

Between being tall, blonde, and seeming to have something of a work ethic, I've wondered numerous times if he's really Doug's :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@Hane, me too.  And the *favored child* thing seems to be continuing today with Little Eva promoted and fawned over more than Liberty or Jubilee.  It pisses me off as well as skeeving me out.

I've actually wondered if Faith isn't being used by Doug as bait of a sort. Back in the day, DPIART gained trust by being religious authority figure, and with that gone, he'll have to find new tactics.

Most young women with even a modicum of street smarts are going to be leery of overly friendly "photographers". When you think about it, Faith is the perfect tool (no pun intended) for establishing trust, especially within a somewhat closed world like retro-cosplayers, where everyone seems to know each other.

When Faith pops up on other people's instagram posts, there's a lot of "Oh, @sewingtreble is great, I just love her!" I could easily see that translating into "Who's that guy taking pictures?" "Oh, that's Faith's dad!" or someone showing up to a photo shoot and being put at ease by the fact that the photographer's pretty, personable daughter is there (she mentioned watching some of the modeling shoots he photographed when she was in NYC around Easter weekend). Using other women to put a mark at ease is a pretty common tactic with predators.

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Agreed, but the Tool always used to favor Joshua for advertising purposes. 

It supports my theory that conventionally good looking ≠ hot. :)

@Palimpsest - How do you get the “does not equal” symbol???!

Also, I agree with your theory. Real wins over too-perfect any time.

32 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

@Palimpsest - How do you get the “does not equal” symbol???!

True confession - I have that symbol bookmarked because I love it.  I cut and paste it.

But you can get ≠ thusly I think: (I copied and pasted again)  " /= " 

Long story.  A naughty dog destroyed the backslash key on my laptop.  He also destroyed my last letter of the alphabet key.  Every single "z" you have seen me use in the last few months is also copied and pasted.  I try hard to avoid words using that letter but it is impossible while discussing John Shrader.

I am sort of shopping for a new laptop because fixing the keys made computer guy roll his eyeballs and super glue didn't work. 

But this laptop is still sort of functional and I'm very fond of it.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

Using other women to put a mark at ease is a pretty common tactic with predators.

Yep; Weinstein would have a female "assistant" welcome actresses into his hotel suite, only to disappear as soon as he arrived. 

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

I've actually wondered if Faith isn't being used by Doug as bait of a sort. Back in the day, DPIART gained trust by being religious authority figure, and with that gone, he'll have to find new tactics.

This.  And I think we all agree that Doug is a predator.

I hope he is a less successful predator these days, but the man is evil.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived