IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Doug's at it again...

Or, Beall could be at it again. This reads a lot like her deleted blog post about Lourdes from last year.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Maxwell said:

He's from St. Louis (there's a tie in there but I've never quite been able to follow it -- seem to have to do with the Peter Zes family)

Do you mean Jim Zes, father of Hannah, Sarah & Rebekah? There was quite a tie between the Jim Zeses and VFI/VFM back in the day.

1670815937_STL1.thumb.png.33322e4f9d94afcd8f1df42d0b92c699.png

Spoiler

STL 2.png

STL 3.png

Yep... Jim, not Peter.  Thanks for the correction.  Aside from the Zes' being devoted followers (with some cash), do you know of any other connections to the St. Louis area?

10 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Aside from the Zes' being devoted followers (with some cash), do you know of any other connections to the St. Louis area?

Not offhand though some devoted leghumpers -- the Servens, the Thomases, the Niednagels -- lived or live in MO. 

Still need to go through the rest of my Doug's Blog cyber-stash, but in the meantime, get a load of this final paragraph from Doug's 2004 essay "Little Boy at the End of the Street" --

159712124_DougPhillipsthynameishypocrisy.thumb.png.66c29842f58b479161c3de0275599837.png

16 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Or, Beall could be at it again. This reads a lot like her deleted blog post about Lourdes from last year.

Anywhere I could see screenshots of this?

On 9/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, Fundie said:

Alyssa welch’s Latest Instagram post.....

defintely leaves me thinking that their is some truth to the assumption that her and Robert have split.:(

She's split from something, for sure (instagram public). This is...not unambiguous

Wowza!  Amazing pic, as well!  Off to read the comments on her Insta.  Caveat: I'm not a "believer".  However, I do find it touching when people go through these sea changes and come to the other side with their faith still intact, because it seems they emerge with a strong but very compassionate belief that manifests as essential, basic Christianity -- a more universal heart-based practice.  Beall, Lisa Pennington, Erika Shupe, pay attention. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived