IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

Doug Phillip's verbose post says a lot more about himself than it does about Anthony Bourdain. Couldn't make a hustle in Hollywood. Had to re-invent himself as a preacher and be a hustler for Jesus. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A cheery car sticker to commemorate finishing a Bataan Death March commemorative marathon. Why does this make me want to throw up?

Looks like yet another move is in the works:

(From Faith's Instagram)

sewingtreble Well actually, as it turns out, I found out that I’m moving very soon, so I’m not actually going to be able to make it to New York this week… But I’m going to make it happen in Aug!!

jaimelynn.w aww sorry to hear that, but we must try to get together when you're here in august, then! Your lovely dad is filming my dance students on Saturday, I think that's how I knew you might be in town this weekend, when we were coordinating schedules lol. Best of luck with the move and hopefully see you later this summer

Doug is apparently filming @jaimelynn.w's dance students this weekend -- that's why she thought Faith would be in NYC.

Ms. Jaime is yet another interesting connection for DPIART when you consider this recent post on Jaime's IG timeline:

There's basically no possibility of Doug making a living as a photographer/cinematographer in NYC (even if he sticks to the retro cosplay subculture) without being LGBTQI friendly, and he knows it.

I did wonder at one point whether he'd legitimately changed his stance (on that, and a lot of other things) but the fact that he's been actively posting on the Vision Forum account clouds things. It would be so easy for him to immerse himself 100% in his new artiste persona. After all, no is exactly waiting around for Vision Forum 2.0, not even his former devotees, but he just won't let it go.

I just find it so hard to believe that none of his new 'associates' have Googled him and found his connection to Vision Forum... or been contacted by someone from his past to spill the beans... or anything.  How is this fool just flying under the radar without being exposed for the tool that he is?  

51 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I just find it so hard to believe that none of his new 'associates' have Googled him and found his connection to Vision Forum... or been contacted by someone from his past to spill the beans... or anything.  How is this fool just flying under the radar without being exposed for the tool that he is?  

I can't really wrap my head around this, but I'm thinking he might be quite open about his past and spin it all into a big legend about how he evolved from a patriarchal fundie movement leader to the person he is today. The Tool has always been a great storyteller especially when he holds the center of attention. 

The 416 Fire is about 9 or 10 miles north of Durango and the city itself is in no danger. 

Amazingly, no houses have burned and there has been no loss of life.  That could change as the fire moves south to areas with houses along roads in the forest.  Some rain is forecast this weekend and into Monday and Tuesday, so that could help a bit with controlling the fire. 

This web site is updated daily:  416 Fire resources and information

I found out that I’m moving very soon

What is it with these people?  Down the block, out of the country, to another state?  You're an adult, and somehow this surprise move comes out of nowhere? 

And how the hell does Dougie afford to hang in NYC and (ostensibly) support his wife(?) and kids in another state when nobody has a job making major $$$?  It's a mystery and I'm mystified. 

Are there any professional™ financial planners out there who can estimate how much there needs to be in investments to churn out enough to support Doug in NYC (assuming he lives there) and to support a household in Durango?  I'm assuming the household in Durango is in reduced circumstances, but still. 

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can't really wrap my head around this, but I'm thinking he might be quite open about his past and spin it all into a big legend about how he evolved from a patriarchal fundie movement leader to the person he is today. 

I'd bet a million dollars you're right; he does preemptive damage control. And whether he specifically names him or not, I'm sure he puts the blame on Howard. "I was raised to believe... My father was a very powerful man... I really never thought too much about it until... Of course, now I just can't believe it ever happened to me..." 

All he has to do is appropriate the experiences of Peter Bradrick and many others and suddenly he's a victim rather than a cult leader. 

I have no doubt that he believes himself to be a victim, as does (certainly) Beall.  The bottom dropped out of their very comfortable high cotton life.  I don't know what the kids think about it now; it would be beyond fascinating to know.  Cognitive dissonance has to play a part in there somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I have no doubt that he believes himself to be a victim, as does (certainly) Beall. 

Beall definitely thinks she's a victim and apparently thinks Doug is as well.

Evidence? Last fall, on her blog, she posted a vitriolic entry on #metoo "in the wake of the continued idiocy in the media and the flood of accusations of all sorts around the country." She used the entry to say Lourdes' accusations were false and "Save your sympathy for real victims."

She took down this post almost immediately but homegirl forgot that RSS feeds will cache all blog content...Yes, there are screenshots. 

4 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Do you have a screenshot of this? 

Yes. Won't post it here since the entry is technically private.

47 minutes ago, Howl said:

A lot of bitterness remains.....

Yes, and seeing that post really caused me to dial back any sympathy for her in her current situation, whatever it really is.

57 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, and seeing that post really caused me to dial back any sympathy for her in her current situation, whatever it really is.

I've always found it hard to muster up much sympathy for Beall because she was obviously so into her role as Queen Bee of VF, a full participant in BCA shenanigans, and so virulent in her attacks on Lourdes.

Her protracted whining, denial, and defenses of the Tool since the Fall have all but knocked all the sympathy out of me now.  I really want to give her a metaphorical kick in the butt.

"Your lovely dad is filming my dance students on Saturday"

*gags*

I don't have anything really useful to add, except to thank everyone for the found information and insightful comments.

And because I have a silly sense of humour:

image.png.943d554970241c09d6b3cb5feb17949b.png

17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Her protracted whining, denial, and defenses of the Tool since the Fall have all but knocked all the sympathy out of me now. 

Not sure I can quite clarify this, but within the black and white "god hates divorce school", if you decide to stay, you have to be all in.  Beall stayed, made the weepy wife perp walk in support of the Tool, withstood "downsizing", ended up a grass widow in a strange town and is likely (gasp!) working a job-type job. It HAS to be someone's fault and it can't be the visionary dreamer headship Mr. Tool.   

I also have no doubt that Beall wanted to save her family as a family unit.  There were six or seven kids living at home at the time of the VF implosion, right?  This is a decision women and men must make all of the time when infidelity is discovered, but as noted above, Beall still views Doug as the victim and not the sexual abuser and views Lourdes as a betrayer and not a victim.  I don't think it's likely this will ever change.  In a sense, this is not at all surprising; when the family closes ranks, the outsider that threatened the group is the enemy. 

However, I still don't understand why Beall maintains a public social media presence.  Maybe it's pride? 

Can't believe it's been five years (November 2013) since the implosion. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Not sure I can quite clarify this, but within the black and white "god hates divorce school", if you decide to stay, you have to be all in.  Beall stayed, made the weepy wife perp walk in support of the Tool, withstood "downsizing", ended up a grass widow in a strange town and is likely (gasp!) working a job-type job. It HAS to be someone's fault and it can't be the visionary dreamer headship Mr. Tool.   

I also have no doubt that Beall wanted to save her family as a family unit.  There were six or seven kids living at home at the time of the VF implosion, right?  This is a decision women and men must make all of the time when infidelity is discovered, but as noted above, Beall still views Doug as the victim and not the sexual abuser and views Lourdes as a betrayer and not a victim.  I don't think it's likely this will ever change.  In a sense, this is not at all surprising; when the family closes ranks, the outsider that threatened the group is the enemy. 

However, I still don't understand why Beall maintains a public social media presence.  Maybe it's pride? 

Can't believe it's been five years (November 2013) since the implosion. 

I agree with everything you've said here - nicely summarized. As to why she's maintaining the public social media presence - I think she's simply addicted to the attention.

She's become a selfie queen of late on her public IG - extolling the virtues of the "keto diet" (whatever that is), and expecting her followers to scrutinize her face and marvel at the changes. Ugh.

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I agree with everything you've said here - nicely summarized. As to why she's maintaining the public social media presence - I think she's simply addicted to the attention.

She's become a selfie queen of late on her public IG - extolling the virtues of the "keto diet" (whatever that is), and expecting her followers to scrutinize her face and marvel at the changes. Ugh.

I thought it was a less filtered photo and she looked older in the second.

11 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

She's become a selfie queen of late on her public IG - extolling the virtues of the "keto diet" (whatever that is), ...

A Keto diet is, basically, low carbs, high fat and there are many forms (Adkins & Paleo are popular).  When the body stops burning carbs (because of the lack there of) it starts burning fat for energy.  Once that happens you enter into a state of Ketosis.

Some people are keto for weight loss, others because it's a fad or for other "moral" reasons.... and me?  I'm on it to control T2 Diabetes -- it works quite well.

IMO she'd look 10 years younger if she'd stop dyeing her hair that blonde.  It does. not. suit. her. coloring.

2 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Not sure she's dying it.

If you look at old photos Beall had dark brown hair.  I think she is "blending in the gray" by dying her hair a bit too blonde.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived