IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

13 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

This admittedly gave me a chuckle.

At least one of the husband's the Duggars daughters have married, seems to have a sense of humor.

:kitty-wink:

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Just reading a bit about Jinger's sisters and babies.    

I'm betting that Jinger has the smallest of the babies. 

Someone care enough to look up birth weights of all the Duglets? 

I was curious and found this via tumblr.

F1610857-3CF0-481E-8A3D-8DEB6DC2B59E.jpeg

Celebrity sightings in my life:

1. Telly Savalas, a VERY long time ago, at a Greek restaurant in Philadelphia: He was in the same room as our party, and the waiters circulated around, saying, "Yes, that is Mr. Savalas. He's here to eat, same as you, and would like privacy while he does it. If you are still here when he finishes, he will sign autographs at that time." I thought that was a classy way to do things. We left before he finished, but he did seem to be left alone during the meal.

2. Nancy Kerrigan: She was coming out of the restroom with her young son; I was entering. (at Magic Kingdom, Disney World.) She said, "nice hat" (I was wearing the pirate mouse ears.) By the time I recovered my surprise, she'd moved on, but I didn't have anything to ask for an autograph anyway, having left my purse with Mr. Four.

3. Steve Martin (and bodyguard) on the escalator up at was it the MOMA, or the Guggenheim? Can't remember now, but we were right behind them... I would not even dare to meet Martin's eyes, with the size of that bodyguard, and his fierce glare!

My favorite celebrity literally run-in was Jeremy Piven.  We were in a bookstore at The Grove and I turned at the end of an aisle to exit it as he turned to go down it and we basically plowed into each other at the corner.

21 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think Kendra’s will be the smallest since she is carrying quite small. Jinger on the other hand was carrying small at the beginning but now has an average sized bump imo. So I think Jinger’s will probably be between 7 and 8 lbs and Kendra’s at 6 or 7

I was thinking of the biolocial Duggar sisters.   But if you want to toss in the daughters in law then we have to add in Anna's. 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

:2. Nancy Kerrigan: She was coming out of the restroom with her young son; I was entering. (at Magic Kingdom, Disney World.) She said, "nice hat" (I was wearing the pirate mouse ears.) By the time I recovered my surprise, she'd moved on, but I didn't have anything to ask for an autograph anyway, having left my purse with Mr. Four.

I had a couple of interactions with her, unfortunately. She's a brutally entitled and rude person IMO.

23 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Just reading a bit about Jinger's sisters and babies.    

I'm betting that Jinger has the smallest of the babies. 

Someone care enough to look up birth weights of all the Duglets? 

Aside from Meredith who was in the high 7 lb range, the rest were 8, 9 and 10 lbs.

I'm betting Jinger will have an 8+ lb baby.

I agree. Jinger doesn't appear to be carrying significantly smaller than her sisters anymore (especially compared to Jessa, who if I'm not mistaken carried slightly smaller than Jill and Joy). If she is born term, I'm assuming baby Vuolo will be in the high 8-pound range at least.

Hopefully Jinger is smart enough to get proper prenatal care and make better decisions regarding the birth than Jill and Joy made (whether it takes place at home, in a birthing center or in a hospital).

I’m going to have to read more about this book before I form a real opinion, but just the title alone has me saying “Oh, honey,” to Jinger.

I'm rolling my eyes at that book title. Anyway...

I see a lot of similarity to Joe in that photo of Jinger. I think it's her smile.

My niece, who was being treated for melanoma, loved James Corden. Someone asked him for an autograph for her. Instead, he did a video, hoping she would get better soon. She was thrilled. Sadly, she didn't make it.

27 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

My niece, who was being treated for melanoma, loved James Corden. Someone asked him for an autograph for her. Instead, he did a video, hoping she would get better soon. She was thrilled. Sadly, she didn't make it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

On 4/27/2018 at 8:54 PM, MarblesMom said:

They are just like us, but have a REALLY public job.  Give them some respect/credit/space.

This. Especially if they are out on family time. I ran into David Tennant once whilst I was out and about. We were in line for something together, and the only reason I even realised it was him was because I'd know that voice anywhere. I heard it and was immediately, "OMG where!!!!1111Eleventy". I saw he was out with his wife and kids, and didn't approach. It was physically painful, not gonna lie, but family time is family time. I knew he knew I knew who he was, because I was literally wearing a shirt with the Tardis on it when we locked eyes LOL. 

I later read somewhere that security ended up being involved when some paparazzi got in and tried to take pictures of the kids. I can't imagine growing up with that intrusion, and I'll be damned if I was gonna contribute to it for an (admittedly awesome FB profile pic til the end of fucking time) selfie. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

My condolences :tw_heart:

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Sorry for your loss.

Jinger and that book. Honestly, she has got zero real dating experiences. Hopefully she won't be giving advice to single women. I honestly do think she looks down on single women like me. I think all the married Duggar girls do.

I googled the book, and it doesn't seem as bad as i initially thought: http://biblicalcounselingcoalition.org/2017/10/20/4-reasons-for-writing-shes-got-the-wrong-guy-why-smart-women-settle/

It does have some advice that deserve eye-rolling (like the fact that a man who doesn’t go to church or who is *gasp* non-christian is always the wrong man), it also has some points a lot of the women in these circles need to hear. Like not settling for the first man who shows them attention simply because of that/being afraid that this is their only chance (looking at you Tabitha Paine). The author also brings up how marriage is glorified to the point of making singles feel like they’re second class citizens, when they instead should embrace being single.

Even though I’m sure parts of that book are really snark-worthy, it could probably serve as an eye-opener to a lot of women in the quiverfull movement.

(With reservations that I haven’t actually read the book, only judging from what I found online)

My eye rolling is less about the book and more about the fact that Jinger is recommending it.  As someone said up thread, she has literally no dating experience.    She married the first guy she was allowed to interact with.  It’s more of the implied hypocrisy of the situation.

I do think courtship has been zealously overpromoted in evangelical circles, and I am way over that. We get to hear the viewpoint of 21 year old, no formal education Joshua Harris presented as gospel truth. The work of Dr. Henry Cloud, credentialed Christian psychologist, author of Boundaries and Boundaries in Dating, we hear next to nothing. It's crazy making to say the least. 

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

18 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I had a couple of interactions with her, unfortunately. She's a brutally entitled and rude person IMO.

I do believe she said "nice hat" to me to forestall me saying something to her, and she was definitely rushing to get out of there. I'd heard before that she was a rude person, even at Disney. At one time I believe she was hired to be a Disney spokesperson... which I believe was rescinded when she didn't fulfill obligations. I could be misremembering.

If your faith is the most important thing to you, not dating someone who isn’t of that faith makes sense. It’s not a good match, typically. If your faith is your core, it makes sense to find someone whose faith is also their core. The book seems good for who it’s written for. 

Isn't a book of dating advice a bit odd to be reading with your spouse?

13 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Isn't a book of dating advice a bit odd to be reading with your spouse?

If you were leading the "youth ministry", I suppose not..  I'm sure Jinger meets some unmarrieds as her role increases in his church. Have to be on the same page, after all.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived