IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

52 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Looks like they've moved buildings for their church based on the FB live of the service from today. Who wants to bet that they'll feature that on one of the episodes for next season!

Lol maybe 3 seasons from now since next season will start with Joken’s honeymoon 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, neurogirl said:
  Hide contents

5ae1293ee5b2a_ScreenShot2018-04-25at6_19_30PM.png.285748bd0fd3f10472135f2a8737c249.png

Oh, wow. I hope that's not true (which it very well may not be, since the source is just a random person on the Internet who could just as well be making this all up). That would be very sad for Jinger!

Oh geez :pb_rollseyes: Random person making it up or maybe Jeremy just had a bad day. My husband can get a bit moody/distant sometimes, too, when there's something very serious on his mind. I learnt to not take it personally and rest assured that he still loves me even on those days :pb_lol:

I think it's a very nice picture and that bump ist just too adorable :my_heart:

We already knew Jeremy was snobby... :my_tongue: (and of course I have no idea whether the random user really saw them or not.) 

And the "married to my best friend" that every. single. Duggar. and. in-law says, is it just me or does it sound so platonic? Like, your significant other might very well be your closest friend and your romantic partner at the same time, but I don't see people sprouting this all the time outside of fundie contexts. For me, my best friend and my girlfriend are two different people, the best friend title is reserved for the person not related to me with whom I have the closest, non-romantic bond. 

I know this is a really, really small thing and I don't know why I get irritated every time they say this, it's not like there aren't much bigger problems like the "pregnancy crisis center" at the Vuolos' church (phone wanted to correct 'Vuolos' to 'Bullies' for some reason). But still.

7 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Oh geez :pb_rollseyes: Random person making it up or maybe Jeremy just had a bad day. My husband can get a bit moody/distant sometimes, too, when there's something very serious on his mind. I learnt to not take it personally and rest assured that he still loves me even on those days :pb_lol:

I think it's a very nice picture and that bump ist just too adorable :my_heart:

Yes, I worked for Celtic Football Club, serving food on match days, players one day could be happy to meet fans, then other days not feeling up to it. Sometimes fans would overstep the mark, after a charity game Manchester United player Rio Ferdinand was leaving the stadium with his kids, when people were trying to push forward, he had stopped to sign autographs and take selfies but he then left with his kids. People were complaining about him being rude and not staying long. No one knew his wife had cancer at the time and she died a few weeks later.

Jeremy may have been cold with people at the restaurant but if the people had interrupted him mid meal then I can understand him being off with them. It is rude to interrupt people while eating, regardless if they are in the public eye or not.

1 hour ago, Queen said:

We already knew Jeremy was snobby... :my_tongue: (and of course I have no idea whether the random user really saw them or not.) 

And the "married to my best friend" that every. single. Duggar. and. in-law says, is it just me or does it sound so platonic? Like, your significant other might very well be your closest friend and your romantic partner at the same time, but I don't see people sprouting this all the time outside of fundie contexts. For me, my best friend and my girlfriend are two different people, the best friend title is reserved for the person not related to me with whom I have the closest, non-romantic bond. 

I know this is a really, really small thing and I don't know why I get irritated every time they say this, it's not like there aren't much bigger problems like the "pregnancy crisis center" at the Vuolos' church (phone wanted to correct 'Vuolos' to 'Bullies' for some reason). But still.

I hear a lot of non fundies say this, its not uncommon.  

I hear it in Say Yes to the Dress a lot too. I think it might just be the given phrase for expressing to the world that you have #nodoubts about your #perfectrelationship with your #hubby? :):):) 

I've had what some might consider a lot of encounters with "celebrities", whether its musicians or sports figures. The one thing they all want is a little respect in their private time. Out walking...ehh it's dicey to approach or not. Eating? No. Mob their car? No. (This happened last year to Red Wing Dylan Larkin, I was there when it happened and I was appalled) Anywhere, anytime with their kids? (Unless maybe it was the Duggars or Bateseses where they're never without them....ehh maybe but not eating or in the middle of a diaper change or something) Otherwise absolutely not! Public figure or not they're still human beings who should have the right to a bit of personal space. 

I dunno, Jeremy rubs me the wrong way. He does come across as snobby and kind of vain, and saying he liked Jinger because she was meek just burned my toast. Knowing her beliefs and her personality he basically got himself a D list celebrity wife that he could mooch off their show, and a trophy wife he could mold however he wanted, and to me that's just...wrong. I'm sure body language experts would have a field day with all of the Duggar couples!

5 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I've had what some might consider a lot of encounters with "celebrities", whether its musicians or sports figures. The one thing they all want is a little respect in their private time. Out walking...ehh it's dicey to approach or not. Eating? No. Mob their car? No. (This happened last year to Red Wing Dylan Larkin, I was there when it happened and I was appalled) Anywhere, anytime with their kids? (Unless maybe it was the Duggars or Bateseses where they're never without them....ehh maybe but not eating or in the middle of a diaper change or something) Otherwise absolutely not! Public figure or not they're still human beings who should have the right to a bit of personal space. 

I dunno, Jeremy rubs me the wrong way. He does come across as snobby and kind of vain, and saying he liked Jinger because she was meek just burned my toast. Knowing her beliefs and her personality he basically got himself a D list celebrity wife that he could mooch off their show, and a trophy wife he could mold however he wanted, and to me that's just...wrong. I'm sure body language experts would have a field day with all of the Duggar couples!

That’s very true Jacques Lemaire loved it here when coached the Minnesota Wild because no one would ask him to sign anything during dinner. Plenty of smiles and waves, a few handshakes but that was it. A lot of people come here and expect us to be obnoxiously friendly(Minnesota nice), but the reason celebs love it is because we don’t bother them lol

Anyway, I don’t trust Jeremy as far as I can throw him. I’ll fully admit to praying for Jinger not to have any mental health problems, especially related to birth because he would handle it totally inappropriately. 

I agree that he’s very vain. He cares about appearances. While I do think Jeremy and Jessa before that had the dominant personality over Jinger, I wish he hadn’t stated it forwardly. It comes off opportunistic. 

Jeremy was a man in his late 20s who had gone to college, traveled and lived abroad, lived a comparatively worldly existence and had a career, and when someone said, "Hey, I want to set you up with this girl. She's really nice, but has no education, has never worked, and has only been trained to be a 'helpmeet', her family stars on a reality TV show, they've had a bunch of scandals and have a history of abuse in the family which was never properly addressed, and you'll have to fill out a 50-page questionnaire for her dad, you can't be alone with her at all before you marry her, and they'll expect the entire relationship from first meeting to wedding day to be wrapped up in no more than a year", he said, "Sounds great!" That's all I need to know about Jeremy.

There was a culture scandal awhile back about "Baby up in this bitch" car decals and magnets.  Pretty clear what it refers to, but I think I prefer euphemisms over that. 

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

There was a culture scandal awhile back about "Baby up in this bitch" car decals and magnets.  Pretty clear what it refers to, but I think I prefer euphemisms over that. 

Someone around here has this decal on their car - I always chuckle when I see it:

baby.jpg.e12f6ae85ab416f9a58e7143693b047d.jpg

41 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Someone around here has this decal on their car - I always chuckle when I see it:

That is some serious unabomber baby look. But maybe only because I just watched the Netflix unabomber documentary. 

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

That is some serious unabomber baby look. But maybe only because I just watched the Netflix unabomber documentary. 

SERIOUSLY OFF-TOPIC: way back in the day, a friend of mine and a bunch of other kids in our local punk scene had a pool of money set aside for anyone willing to spend the entire night at this creepy, run down hotel around the corner from the greyhound station. A few people attempted, but none ever made it till morning. A few years after this started, it came out that the hotel’s visitor log was a key piece of evidence in convicting Ted Kajinzki (sp?) in the Unabomber killings, and the bet effectively died because the whole thing just stopped seeming quite so funny. 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Is that supposed to be Carlos the baby from The Hangover? 

Just reading a bit about Jinger's sisters and babies.    

I'm betting that Jinger has the smallest of the babies. 

Someone care enough to look up birth weights of all the Duglets? 

38 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Just reading a bit about Jinger's sisters and babies.    

I'm betting that Jinger has the smallest of the babies. 

Someone care enough to look up birth weights of all the Duglets? 

I think Kendra’s will be the smallest since she is carrying quite small. Jinger on the other hand was carrying small at the beginning but now has an average sized bump imo. So I think Jinger’s will probably be between 7 and 8 lbs and Kendra’s at 6 or 7

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

When I was a baby, my aunt got my parents a sign for the car that said "Brat in trunk".  A cop pulled dad over once to ask where he got it because he wanted one for his brother.

19 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I've had what some might consider a lot of encounters with "celebrities", whether its musicians or sports figures.

They are just like us, but have a REALLY public job.  Give them some respect/credit/space.

@MarblesMom yup! I always do. Oldest went to elementary school with Eminem's daughter, but in different grades so we'd seen him hundreds of times but never phrased us.  I've been into several bands who started out small enough to play a 300 person venue and now sell out stadiums. I always just smile and wave and move on. I always ask a particular drummer how his daughter is when he's in town because our kids have the same birthday. But only during official meet and greet type events. I wouldn't dream of approaching otherwise.

Last year the incident with Larkin really irritated me. I was parked in the only handicapped space, which happened to be next to where his car would be when he arrived for a charity event. I didn't even know until long after he'd arrived!! He is my son's hero, and those 2 seconds of interaction were the world. We were some of the last in line and Youngest asked if we could stay and meet him. I told him no, that the event specifically said no pics/autographs but he could sit in the car about 50 feet away and wave from the window as Mr. Larkin left. Which he did, and got a smile and wave in return. He talked about that moment for days! Larkin had backed out and was trying to leave when about 20 fans swarmed his car, banging on it, asking him to stop, standing in front of it, asking him not to be such an ass and give them a few minutes. The Wings rep backed them all off and Larkin left. I explained to Youngest why that was wrong, not to mention dangerous. Started to close the window and tell my son to sit back/seat belt, etc when the rep stopped me. He said that he appreciated that we'd been respectful, and gave my son an autographed puck. Talk about floored, both of us! But I've always had the mentality that they're people too, and sometimes they have it worse because people scrutinize EVERYTHING, and try to remind my kiddos of the same. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived