IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

One of my best friends has a dress with a Van Gogh exploding Tardis print. It's fun because you can't tell at first that it's Doctor Who, but fans get it right away.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That book is definitely written for devout Christian women, but reading the reviews it doesn't seem so bad. It acknowledges that having too much of a focus on marrying and starting a family will lead you to settling for men who don't even do the bare minimum, which is a start.

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I do not need tardis themed stuff, I do not need tardis themed stuff, I do not need tardis themed stuff! 

How many times must I say it before I convince myself? :my_biggrin:

EVERYONE needs Tardis themed stuff. Also, Funko toys. It's a requirement for life!

The best gift I ever got my dad was Tardis string lights. They’ve been hung up in one of his archways since he opened them.

2 minutes ago, Jilli said:

The best gift I ever got my dad was Tardis string lights. They’ve been hung up in one of his archways since he opened them.

I have a powerful need for those. They are on my long-term office decor list. Not sorry. LOL. 

I have a tardis book light. I need all space and time to light up my books. :P 

I will also admit that when my Sweetie's grandson was 3, I wanted him to be a Dalek for Halloween. I even taught him to say, "Exterminate, exterminate." No luck on the costume, though.

9 hours ago, Nargus said:

One of my best friends has a dress with a Van Gogh exploding Tardis print. It's fun because you can't tell at first that it's Doctor Who, but fans get it right away.

I have that print on leggings! They're super nice and silky feeling and obviously very pretty

Dalek lights!  Mr. P has a Dalek T shirt and the 4th Dr. bathrobe.  Like this:  http://www.internetgiftstore.com/gifts-c6/dressing-gowns-c20/doctor-who-4th-doctor-towelling-robe-p1223

16 hours ago, Nargus said:

I need it!   I really need it!

I have a TARDIS backpack.........

I get the 'bigger on the inside' joke on a fairly regular basis (which is totally why I bought it)

When she says they "read it together" I picture Jeremy reading aloud to her in a very condescending manner. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

When she says they "read it together" I picture Jeremy reading aloud to her in a very condescending manner. 

As a bedtime story?

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

As a bedtime story?

YES.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That can be sweet though.  My mom used to read aloud to my dad (and me depending on the book, even when I was a teen).  The condescending would be a problem, but reading aloud to your spouse is fantastic.  

How does Jinger relate?

I mean she had little choice in the "right" man.

Shouldn't the book read Did Pops Pick the Wrong Man?

I have a Tardis pillow, silver necklace, scarf and a remote control Dalek my husband chases the cat with. 

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

That can be sweet though.  My mom used to read aloud to my dad (and me depending on the book, even when I was a teen).  The condescending would be a problem, but reading aloud to your spouse is fantastic.  

This used to be a really common form of entertainment in the days before TV and radio. The family would gather around and someone would read aloud. My dad, my sister and I actually did this with the entire Harry Potter series once (when we were teenagers, and I think my sister was the one reading) and it was really fun!

JinJer reminds me of Audry & Jeremy Rolof. They are this pretty picture family everyone looks like they would be the perfect "american" family, but underneath there is all kind of ugly beliefs and a lot of self serving interest.  

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

JinJer reminds me of Audry & Jeremy Rolof. They are this pretty picture family everyone looks like they would be the perfect "american" family, but underneath there is all kind of ugly beliefs and a lot of self serving interest.  

I’m honestly just going to sit here and wait for Jinger to get into essential oils and for them to start their own lifestyle blog about marriage when they’ve been married for all of a second.

I am sure this is grooming Jinger to be a pastor's wife. I am desperately curious as to the demographics of Jeremy's church. I know it's fairly small, maybe 50 people. I do wonder about the age range and ethnic make up of Jeremy's church. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m honestly just going to sit here and wait for Jinger to get into essential oils and for them to start their own lifestyle blog about marriage when they’ve been married for all of a second.

I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised if Jinger and Jeremy start a "college" ministry at their church at some point. It would make puuuurfect sense with all the "college experience" Jinger has. 

8 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I am sure this is grooming Jinger to be a pastor's wife. I am desperately curious as to the demographics of Jeremy's church. I know it's fairly small, maybe 50 people. I do wonder about the age range and ethnic make up of Jeremy's church. 

I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised if Jinger and Jeremy start a "college" ministry at their church at some point. It would make puuuurfect sense with all the "college experience" Jinger has. 

Well, I mean, Jinger did get married on a college campus. That counts as higher education experience right? :pb_lol:

All snark aside, I feel genuinely sad and angry that there has been no effort to have Jinger take a few local community college classes. A photography class or two. Hell even a public speaking class or two to prepare her for women's conference circuit. Am I surprised? Oh gosh, not at all. Just sad and angry. 

21 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Well, I mean, Jinger did get married on a college campus. That counts as higher education experience right? :pb_lol:

Close enough!!

Just because something looks a certain way, doesn't mean it's always the truth. Duggars and fans wouldn't realise this though!

21 hours ago, Destiny said:

EVERYONE needs Tardis themed stuff. Also, Funko toys. It's a requirement for life!

Literally wearing this dress right now: 

Spoiler

193c_tardis_a-line_dress.jpg

Many compliments. "I love your dress" from adults "Are you a police officer" from idiot kids.

20 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I will also admit that when my Sweetie's grandson was 3, I wanted him to be a Dalek for Halloween. I even taught him to say, "Exterminate, exterminate." No luck on the costume, though.

One of my twins was a Tardis for his first Halloween. The other was a Stormtrooper.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived