IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

22 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

All snark aside, I feel genuinely sad and angry that there has been no effort to have Jinger take a few local community college classes. A photography class or two. Hell even a public speaking class or two to prepare her for women's conference circuit. Am I surprised? Oh gosh, not at all. Just sad and angry. 

If she didn’t want to take courses then I don’t feel bad. If she wasn’t given the option or wanted to and was denied the chance then that’s another story entirely. I have no evidence, but I get the feeling that Jinger didn’t express interest. Marriage and motherhood was all she was raised to want and I don’t recall her showing the same ambition for additional education the way Jill did with Midwifery (though I really wish Jill had, you know, gone with a legit mentor instead of one who almost gets people killed.)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

If she didn’t want to take courses then I don’t feel bad. If she wasn’t given the option or wanted to and was denied the chance then that’s another story entirely. I have no evidence, but I get the feeling that Jinger didn’t express interest. Marriage and motherhood was all she was raised to want and I don’t recall her showing the same ambition for additional education the way Jill did with Midwifery (though I really wish Jill had, you know, gone with a legit mentor instead of one who almost gets people killed.)

Fair enough. A little bit of projecting/wishful thinking on my part.  I just get so tired of the leg lumpers blind fawning and swallowing Jim Bob's line of bull about the girls have interests and hobbies. Its so obvious that only the boys get a chance to go to Crown College.  And even the boys options are incredibly limited. I mean, I do think some fans are willfully blind. 

Just so y'all know, all my FJ ads are now HOT TOPIC Tardis themed dresses :pb_lol:

I’ve had a good handful of random celebrity encounters. I once found myself sitting near Penn and Teller at a concert (should have expected it, since it was Las Vegas and I knew Penn was friends with the band), and broke my usual “don’t bother people rule” to ask for autographs. They were very friendly (Teller spoke to me!), and Penn even flirted with me a little, which was kind of hot since I have weird taste and had a bit of a crush on him before I found out about his politics. 

My other “favorite” is a little more goofy. I was in New York, and had just come out of Big Gay Ice Cream with my obligatory Big Gay Milkshake (have to have one every time I’m out that way). Their special flavor of the day was strawberry, which delighted me more than it should have, and I was blissfully unaware of anything else as I wandered the neighborhood. There isn’t a lot of car traffic in that part of town, aside from a couple of main streets, so I really was quite oblivious until I saw a quick blur of motion just in front of me. I looked up from my milkshake in a bit of shock, and felt a burst of fury as I realized I’d almost walked right into Darren Criss. He’d been looking down at his phone while I was looking at my shake, and we’d only missed collision because a thin, blonde woman he was with had clamped her hands on his shoulders and literally forced him out of my way. My eyes met his for just a second, and my first two thoughts were “fucker almost made me spill my milkshake!” and “where’s a collapsible baton when you need one?” I am (to put it bluntly) not a fan of his, and I was absolutely LIVID at the fact that he was appearing in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, at the time. That show has always been really important to me, and he’s just. so.  wrong for it. The kicker of it all is that I have a LOT of friends who really love him, and would have died of happiness to be me in that moment.

You have to love those moments where you're encountering a celebrity you dislike and you know someone who would die to be in your shoes. 

I agreed to a concert with my friend if she agreed to come to one of my choice. Granted, I made her sit through Hanson (yes, mmmbop) but she made me sit through Taylor Swift. This was back in 2011, when she was still country and annoying (she's still annoying) and I was sitting on the edge of the aisle in my seat, eating popcorn while everyone else was on their feet dancing/screaming. Taylor all of a sudden hopped down and started walking down the aisle towards me, and I grabbed my friend and pushed her in front of me so she could speak with Taylor/high five her, and I blissfully continued on with my popcorn. 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:01 AM, Audrey2 said:

I will also admit that when my Sweetie's grandson was 3, I wanted him to be a Dalek for Halloween. I even taught him to say, "Exterminate, exterminate." No luck on the costume, though.

I've taught my toddler to say that, too... He can also identify Captain Kirk and Mister Spock... *whistles innocently*

@twinmama, sounds like you're properly educating them in the ways of the geek.

@Karma thank you for tagging me!

I have indoctrinated (inDoctornated?) MissBlah who is now a fully fledged Whovian. Her bedroom is full of collectables, she wears the shirts, owns the leggings etc.

She decorated this flowerpot (yes all 12 Doctors are on there) for me for Mother’s Day:

80125FC2-B9C1-48FF-9357-967AF78DDB74.thumb.jpeg.f55b68670fde0c39ed5bc3d6c20cab82.jpeg

My phone cover is the Van Gogh Starry Night Tardis - just like my avi. My ring tone is the Tenth’s theme.

And just for good measure there is this:

D22DCC11-BE62-42A1-ABC7-08AAA0E85344.thumb.jpeg.a28fe218bd6a97340e806fb6a2163e4b.jpeg

5 hours ago, viii said:

You have to love those moments where you're encountering a celebrity you dislike and you know someone who would die to be in your shoes. 

We don't really have celebrities around here much. Instead, we have college basketball players in my town. It's absolutely insane how they are treated. Like you don't even knowwww

On 01/05/2018 at 7:28 PM, VelociRapture said:

I agree that Jinger has most likely never expressed interest, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t realize how smart she is/could be. If she went to a traditional school in her younger years and the teachers noticed she was bright or whoever was teaching her at the SOTDRT had identified it and nurtured it I wonder if that would have changed things. I praise my daughter for being smart even in the little things because I think it’s important to build her confidence as young as possible. I don’t ever want her to stop being curious and for her to enjoy learning! I honestly can’t picture Michelle ever reinforcing that her daughters may be smart because whether or not they are isn’t important to their purpose in fundie life, sadly. 

I keep having to google the names of the "celebrities" 

We once had a singer from one of those very early TV shows that made bands  stay with us and I didn't realise who she was.  (probably still not best to disclose even though the motel is closed)

She was singing  at a local event and I was asking her some pretty standard questions while filling in her file, oh where are you singing, been singing long and I could see her looking at her husband and sort of raising her eyebrows. I thought I was being a little too invasive so shut up, it was only after she left reception that my husband said who was that you were talking to. I said her name and he said she sounded familiar so we googled here. Felt a little silly after and hoped I hadn't come off as condescending. 

So is there going to be Royal Wedding viewing party here?  I'm not real sure where to ask but I'm getting more excited every day? 

Oh I bet we will have a thread. We like weddings here.

12 hours ago, Blahblah said:

My phone cover is the Van Gogh Starry Night Tardis - just like my avi. 

My husband got me earrings like your avatar. :my_heart: I sometimes wish I had bought a "Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey" phone cover when I saw it, but I had just gotten a Pelican phone case that was supposed to protect my phone no matter what. My grown up self didn't buy the cool one. The rest of my self still resents it. :pb_lol:

I would have liked to see Jeremy read my guilty pleasure(s) of the moment - various romantic novellas which always includes Daring/Dashing/Rougish/Dangerous something Duke/Baron/Rake...or the self fallen Angel turned into demon excorsising cop saving the world, that meets and lives in sin with the other self fallen Angel turned into Vampire, where they together saves the world from demons via a little side trip to Hell. Did I mention they open a school for vampires, witches and werewolves, and that there are aliens and AI? God, I love that series.

Jeremys head would probably explode, though.

15 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I agree that Jinger has most likely never expressed interest, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t realize how smart she is/could be. If she went to a traditional school in her younger years and the teachers noticed she was bright or whoever was teaching her at the SOTDRT had identified it and nurtured it I wonder if that would have changed things. I praise my daughter for being smart even in the little things because I think it’s important to build her confidence as young as possible. I don’t ever want her to stop being curious and for her to enjoy learning! I honestly can’t picture Michelle ever reinforcing that her daughters may be smart because whether or not they are isn’t important to their purpose in fundie life, sadly. 

I agree. I praise my daughter for being smart as well (because she is), but I like focusing more on praising her for working hard on something. You can be the smartest person in the room, but it won’t matter if you don’t apply yourself and work hard. 

13 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So is there going to be Royal Wedding viewing party here?  I'm not real sure where to ask but I'm getting more excited every day? 

I’d guess someone will start one. I’m still debating whether to watch or not. It’d be fun, but I also don’t want to get up before 7:00 on my birthday if I don’t have to. 

I had thoughts of hosting a "reception" at my house until I remembered it started at 6:00 am I'll be watching in my not so royal jammies on my royally comfortable couch. 

14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

13 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Oh I bet we will have a thread. We like weddings here.

30 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’d guess someone will start one. I’m still debating whether to watch or not. It’d be fun, but I also don’t want to get up before 7:00 on my birthday if I don’t have to. 

Your wishes are my command.  I think we can probably fill up a thread with speculation before the happy day so I made one:

@VelociRapture, Happy Birthday in advance.  You won't have to get up early because they will show it all f'day. :)

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Your wishes are my command.  I think we can probably fill up a thread with speculation before the happy day so I made one:

:happy-bouncygreen::happy-bouncygreen::happy-bouncymagenta::happy-bouncymagenta::happy-bouncymagenta::happy-bouncymagenta: Thank you!

For all those that like weddings of the common folk too :my_shy: there’s an FJ weddings Thread in AYTFJ that was just started (by me lol) to discuss weddings we’ve had or been to or are planning! 

This has been a public service announcement. :my_angel:

I was up early to watch the Will and Kate wedding. Not really by choice. My baby got me up at 5 as she was only 3 mos. old at the time. It was hard for me to process anything that early :pb_lol::pb_lol:. Maybe I'll sleep in this time and watch in replays. 

21 hours ago, Karma said:

I didn’t want you to miss out on a Dr Who conversation @Blahblah!  The pot is lovely, well done Miss Blah!

I have been a Doctor Who fan since the early 80s. For years I struggled because I only knew a couple of people who were fans back then. Merchandise was impossible to find. Then boom it comes back, everyone knows the Doctor, the library I work at had Doctor Who day and it was mobbed. I realized a dream by standing in front of a life sized TARDIS (I was in tears). 

I don't recall seeing it on here, but how is everyone with a female Doctor? 

I watched the original Dr. Who in 1963. My next project will be knitting a tardis  tea cozy to take camping. That, along with my Harrods tea tin, should add a little class to our campsite.

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I watched the original Dr. Who in 1963. My next project will be knitting a tardis  tea cozy to take camping. That, along with my Harrods tea tin, should add a little class to our campsite.

I wasn't quite born then, but I have watched Hartnell. Actually Pertwee is my favorite Doctor. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived