IGNORED

Dillards 53: Making Assumptions and Indoctrinating the Children

Jellybean

I'm not particularly fond of either of them, but I really hope for the two of them to ditch the lifestyle, get some professional help and hopefully afterwards have a much happier life with their boys.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@acheronbeach @BlessaYourHeart I have to agree with both of you. At the beginning of the modern troubles was the civil rights movement and it was happening at the same time as civil rights campaigns else where.  The civil rights march was concerned with one man one vote, decent housing, education and employment opportunities and they all had just as much of an effect on working class Protestants as Catholics. One of the leaders of the movement and a founding member of the SDLP (now considered a nationalist/catholic party) around that time was Ivan Cooper who was a Protestant man. 

There is so much more to our history and experiences in this country than the conflict. 

12 hours ago, Augustus said:

I have never met someone who is jewish. That I know of anyways. However the racism that people who are indigenous in my community face is horrifying. I was thanked today, very awkwardly I might add, for not being a horrible human being to a friendly little girl. 

May I ask where you’re from? I’ve lived in NZ for some years and while generally speaking, Maori people are treated better than native Australians or Americans, the issue has become one I’m very interested in and feel passionate about. 

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the Duggar's shared this picture for TBT with the caption like father like son.

lets hope not for poor little Izzy's sake.  he is so adorable to bad he is stuck with the parents he has. 

dWRECK looks like he hates himself in that photo.

47 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

dWRECK looks like he hates himself in that photo.

How could he NOT?

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

May I ask where you’re from? I’ve lived in NZ for some years and while generally speaking, Maori people are treated better than native Australians or Americans, the issue has become one I’m very interested in and feel passionate about. 

Northwestern ontario. I recommend reading 7 fallen feathers by Tanya Talaga. 

Derick is easily the worst-dressed Duggar husband.  Jill doesn't need to make poor Israel the worst dressed Duggar grandchild, too.  Nobody wants two matching turds (figuratively... Israel is a cute child no matter the crappy outfit he's in). 

Racism against the First Nations run deep in Canada. I like to think that we are doing better in ways, but we have a lot of hate in that area. That has to stop and I hope that it starts to get better. To be completely honest, I didn't realize it was a real problem, it's not talked about. In NL, the First Nations are either in Labrador or on the West Coast and it's just not talked about, unless they're sniffing gas, being resettled, there's a TB outbreak, or the controversy over the massive (stupid, never should have been done, wish we could take it back) hydroelectric mega project. Which just means that the media has to be less racist. 

31 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Jill doesn't need to make poor Israel the worst dressed Duggar grandchild, too.  

I have a theory about this. In my theory, JIll takes to heart the "buy used and save the difference" thing. Unlike Jessa, who I can see really scouring the racks for either brand name clothing in excellent condition, or very gently used clothing,     I see Jill picking the "Duggar standard" khakis and polo shirts, without looking to see whether they're short, pulled, pilled, or very worn.

I don't understand why she wouldn't look a little more closely. in all the thrift stores I've shopped, children's clothing is sold by the piece... as in $1.25 per pair of jeans, etc... so there's no virtue or savings in picking up the ugliest, most worn clothing.

Jilly Muffin is emulating Daddy when she dresses her boys; Jessa, OTOH, makes hers look like cute little kids.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, singsingsing said:

But Jesus was a REAL Jew. The Jewish people of today are all FAKE Jews. Unless they're Jews for Jesus! :my_rolleyes:

(This nugget of wisdom and logic comes courtesy of Jeremy Vuolo.)

Jeremy is a fucking idiotic asshole

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's all really complicated. I'll be honest and say that I ended up pulling away from a lot of left-wing activism because of my fear that my Judaism would be used against me, and it's just made me angrier at people like Netanyahu and those who support him, who (yeah, I'm gonna sound real victim-blame-y but it's OK because it's my own people) invite the destruction of Jews by continuing to pervert Jewish teachings and identity in order to oppress Palestinians. And non-European-origin Jews (Ethiopian Jews in Israel suffer a huge amount of racism). There are already plenty of people who want Jews dead for really dumb and illogical reasons; what Israel is doing gives people logical reasons to hate us. And it's just wrong to oppress people, but hey, what do I know? 

I feel the same way, and it sucks. I also don’t get why these people blame every single Jew for the actions of Netanyahu, but then they don’t blame every citizen of other countries for the actions of their government (ignoring the actions of Palestinian leaders, not blaming every Russian for the actions of Putin, etc). It’s fucking ridiculous. It’s like blaming every single Jew for killing Jesus.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I also don’t get why these people blame every single Jew for the actions of Netanyahu, but then they don’t blame every citizen of other countries for the actions of their government...

I sometimes worry that if I ever get to visit the UK or Europe, that I'll be "on the hook" for all the stupid things the US government has done lately, just because I'm an American. I've considered making a t-shirt, or a business card, or something along these lines:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171010-003217_kindlephoto-158483.thumb.jpg.7bc531cbd0614ceb1d1f26adbe13a5f8.jpg

I like the picture, but I'm not happy with the placement of the words. :kitty-wink:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived