IGNORED

Seewalds 31: Jessa’s Maybe-Baby

Jellybean

Dont care wether she is eating ice cream, or not byt why is she showing  on insta history ice cream all the time? Boring..

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Irene said:

Dont care wether she is eating ice cream, or not byt why is she showing  on insta history ice cream all the time? Boring..

It's way better than what Derick does on Twitter. Let's see, ice cream posts/pics or Derick's Twitter rants? I know what I'd like to see.

^ B/C Instagram stories are usually mundane things that don't warrant an actual post. It's part of the fun~ (imo) :occasion-partyblower:

3418.PNG.e9cc5a58baa6907054a37a9d8f2e7994.PNG

Speaking of, this week's flavors of choice

Okay back to the Is she or isn't pregger's. I wanted to say no especially after her insta story in that dress but then Anna posted that video of Josh's party and Jessa is sitting in the back wearing a green baggy hoody and looks so out of place with what others are wearing that I almost want to say yes now. 

4 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Okay back to the Is she or isn't pregger's. I wanted to say no especially after her insta story in that dress but then Anna posted that video of Josh's party and Jessa is sitting in the back wearing a green baggy hoody and looks so out of place with what others are wearing that I almost want to say yes now. 

Here's a thought...how about if we just waited til she announces, or doesn't? And then we'll know.

And "preggers" is an awful word, especially with the needless apostrophe.

9 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Here's a thought...how about if we just waited til she announces, or doesn't? And then we'll know.

And "preggers" is an awful word, especially with the needless apostrophe.

the title of the tread is Jessa's maybe baby so of course I'm going to speculate and sorry if my word choice  offended you. 

5 hours ago, Irene said:

Probably because sponsors pay her to. 

15 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

Probably because sponsors pay her to. 

Ooo... possibly! But wouldn't she need to make a feed post for a sponsored item instead of an IG story?

Isn't there some kind of new(ish) rule on Instagram that you have to say when you're making a sponsored post?

1 minute ago, mizandry said:

Ooo... possibly! But wouldn't she need to make a feed post for a sponsored item instead of an IG story?

I have no clue how those work but maybe it's a way to get around it so she doesn't have to say it's an ad. as you have to point out it's a paid ad if you post it on your feed.  I think she just may be bored but not wanting to post any pictures that can be turned into a news article ie Jessa duggar's messy house. as happened with her last video of Henry so she post really boring things just to her stories. 

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the title of the tread is Jessa's maybe baby so of course I'm going to speculate and sorry if my word choice  offended you. 

To be clear, it wasn't merely the speculation; it was a combination of the speculation getting over the top and the semi-illiterate vibe emanating from your post.    

Okay. How about we play a game: whoever can go the longest without speculating about whether Jessa’s pregnant or not wins!

I didn't know it was offensive to abbreviate pregnant to preggers.

I also didn't know that misplacing an apostrophe makes you semi-illiterate. I just posted something the other day and to my horror I noticed that I used they're when it should have been their! After it was too late to edit! I'm sure I have misplaced an apostrophe here and there. People here have always kindlly overlooked my typos and reacted (or not ) to what I was saying (trying to type).

I don't think I have contributed to any speculation on Jessa being pregnant or not so I guess I am already a winner. I have paid attention to others speculation on the subject though so I withdraw from the competition.

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

OMG - Graeter's!!!!! I didn't know you could get that in stores!!!

I found it at Fresh Market last week, (Chicago area) I was so excited!

On 02/03/2018 at 7:38 PM, CaricatureQualities said:

Urban dictionary says:

"Sour Grapes

In an old fable by Aesop, a hungry fox noticed a bunch of juicy grapes hanging from a vine. After several failed attempts to reach the grapes, the fox gave up and insisted that he didn't want them anyway because they were probably sour. 

Nowadays when somebody expresses sour grapes, it means that they put down something simply because they can't have it. 

The phrase is often used incorrectly as another way to express bitterness or resentment."

I didn't know that! @SapphireSlytherin you can have a messy house and dirty legs too! It's not out of your reach! no need for sour grapes!

Nice strawman, but you knew what i meant. @SapphireSlytherin 's weird bitter comments and projection 'Eww! Jessa whole body must be dirty, Clearly cleanliness isn't her thing'! were clearly motivated by sour grapes.

Actually, no - I had no idea what you meant. And it's definitely not "sour grapes" because the last thing in the world I want is to be like Jessa. lmao

For a "new" poster here, you sure know how to win friends and influence people. lol

Or are you a sock?

I really hate the Duggar threads. They bring out the absolute worst in so many posters here, myself included. For instance, I just had to rewrite this entire post due to copious use of the words “assholes” and “fuck,” which kind of defeated my entire point. We really should just burn this entire forum down like the Goth kids burned down Hot Topic on, “South Park.”

Moving on: It’s not hard to make your point without being cruel or mean about it. People make grammar and spelling mistakes all the time - it does not make them illiterate or stupid. I hold a Bachelors in English and I make mistakes all the time because I’m a human being and humans aren’t perfect. If writing in perfect English at all times was a requirement for posting here, then none of us would be able to use the site, not even the Admins.  

(For the record, I don’t care about whether someone uses the word “preggers.” I do very much dislike the constant pregnancy speculation on here though and I find it an extremely tiring topic, especially when it concerns a couple who had never claimed to want as many kids as God will give them. That said, I know I’m not in the majority on that and it’s not against site rules, so I simply move on with my life.)

6 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I didn't know it was offensive to abbreviate pregnant to preggers.

It's not offensive, it's just an immature substitution word, akin to using boobs or tits instead of breasts, and is not even a convenient shortcut since it has the exact same number of letters.  (Add to that the fact that my special pet peeve 's was incorporated, and it prompted one giant shudder of revulsion.)  That's all.  Carry on.   

14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I hold a Bachelors in English and I make mistakes all the time because I’m a human being and humans aren’t perfect. If writing in perfect English at all times was a requirement for posting here, then none of us would be able to use the site, not even the Admins.  

Yeah, me too.  I just made a mistake the other day here, used the same word twice in a list, and someone pointed it out for me.  I didn't downvote them or fire back demanding if *they* were perfect.  So, I may be being hypercritical, but at least I'm not being hypocritical.   :my_biggrin:

I think you got downvoted not because you pointed out an error, but because of the way you did it. 

So, I've definitely participated in speculation about whether Jessa's pregnant or not. I admittedly have little to no actual problem with the speculation. I'm not sure that Jessa has ever come out and claimed to want as many kids as the Lord gives them, but she has absolutely marketed her fertility and her kids. I don't feel bad about speculating when she's going to be making money off her magazine cover when she inevitably does announce that she's pregnant again, you know what I mean? It's not like she's made a name and a following for herself by being an amazing musician, a talented writer, or a great philanthropist. She comes from a family with a lot of kids and has said that she wants a lot of kids herself. That's basically it. That's why she has a reality TV show and a bazillion Instagram followers.

Now to be perfectly honest, I'm sick of the Jessa pregnancy speculation. It's boring. If she is, she is. If she isn't, she isn't. She'll announce or she won't. 

That said (despite my joke about the game, which I still think is a good idea, haha), my advice to anyone who truly hates the speculation would be to either not participate in this thread, or to try to introduce a different topic of discussion. Because right now, there's not a lot going on with the Seewalds. And frankly I'm uncomfortable with lecturing people for speculating in a thread devoted to the Seewalds called 'Jessa's Maybe Baby'. Maybe we need to have a discussion about whether we want to allow pregnancy speculation here, but again, I really don't see the issue.* We're a forum devoted to discussing the dangers posed by fundamentalism. Having babies is one of the main things fundies do, and definitely constitutes a danger (both to the women's health, and to society at large - more babies = more fundies).

The one thing that does make me quite uncomfortable, which I have participated in from time to time and now regret, is speculating about pregnancy based on appearance. I don't like that. I don't think it's a huge deal, and I'm not going to handslap anyone for it, but I feel kind of slimy having done it, and I will not be doing it in the future (unless it's something really obvious, like that time Anna suddenly appeared in a photo looking 7 months pregnant, wearing a maternity top - I think that's fair game - but even then, there's not much to say beyond, 'Hey, looks like she's probably pregnant').

*I would have an issue if the speculation got completely out of hand. Others may disagree, but I think the speculation has been fairly casual and harmless so far. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I really hate the Duggar threads. They bring out the absolute worst in so many posters here, myself included. For instance, I just had to rewrite this entire post due to copious use of the words “assholes” and “fuck,” which kind of defeated my entire point. We really should just burn this entire forum down like the Goth kids burned down Hot Topic on, “South Park.”

Moving on: It’s not hard to make your point without being cruel or mean about it. People make grammar and spelling mistakes all the time - it does not make them illiterate or stupid. I hold a Bachelors in English and I make mistakes all the time because I’m a human being and humans aren’t perfect. If writing in perfect English at all times was a requirement for posting here, then none of us would be able to use the site, not even the Admins.  

(For the record, I don’t care about whether someone uses the word “preggers.” I do very much dislike the constant pregnancy speculation on here though and I find it an extremely tiring topic, especially when it concerns a couple who had never claimed to want as many kids as God will give them. That said, I know I’m not in the majority on that and it’s not against site rules, so I simply move on with my life.)

As always, thank you for being a voice of reason around here. 

12 hours ago, mizandry said:

I’ll admit I don’t have an IG account or understand how it works. I just assume the worst when I see product placement or promotion. 

I doubt there’s anything going on with Jessa's ice cream posts other than them just really liking ice cream. Instagram’s rules about product placement are relatively new and not well-enforced yet, but you can usually spot an ad easily. For instance, some of the Bateses do ads or sponsored content of some sort every so often:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

As opposed to these posts, which feature products/brand names  but don’t appear to be sponsored or ads in anyway:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

You can usually tell the difference based off how the caption is written. A lot of the ads/sponsored stuff has a much different “tone” than a person’s normal writing style - it sounds more generic or professional, less spontaneous. I’m guessing they’re given some prewritten stuff they gave to include in the caption and they have some wiggle room for writing the rest of it. So far, none of the Duggars beside Amy have posted anything that looks, sounds, or feels like an ad to me. 

(Well, other than Jeremy’s kind of ads for the books he apparently likes. Don’t know if those were sponsored or if he’s just that big a fan though.)

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived