IGNORED

Seewalds 31: Jessa’s Maybe-Baby

Jellybean

I have no problem with pregnancy speculation in regards to Jesse.  None what so ever.  I do have a problem with pregnancy speculation with pretty much everyone else in the world. (just not with a Duggar.) That said, I have never posted anything about her “maybe baby.”  Not because it’s rude or unkind, but because everyone else speculates for me.  All I have to do is hit the up button.  Ha. ( I’m lazy that way.)   Seriously,  if she is not pregnant now, then I’m 99% sure she will be soon.  That’s how she rolls.  

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the speculation funny to be honest, mostly because I don't take it seriously. I see it as people here are taking the little things that Jessa is sharing with us and parodying the tabloids. "Oh ice cream, must be pregnant!" "Look at this...she must be pregnant!" Now maybe, some of it is quite serious, but I never take it that way. 

I generally tend not to speculate on a Duggar pregnancy. Mainly, because I don't care. But my wonderful fellow FJers do, and we are perfectly within our rights to do so. As are my fellow wonderful FJers who tell others to knock it off.

And I have to say that this is one of the things I personally love about FJ - we get to talk and discuss issues!

(Please note that I am saying this as a purely private person! This is NOT a mod post! It's just me personally loving on FJ's discussion culture. :)

There's one aspect of Jessa pregnancy speculation that I think is fairly interesting, that hasn't really been discussed much recently, and that I'm somewhat curious about. If she's not pregnant, could they actually be trying to adopt?

I swear Jessa if you get pregnant I will never ever forgive you 

sarcasm 

HA 
Josiah's bride is 18 - now that is shocking 

Jessa me speculate till the cows come home...she is on a tv show because of herself getting pregnant

PREGNANT 

my mother made a joke calling herself a grandmother and me a mother because my 19 year old cousin is coming 

I was like WTF 

so speculate 

17 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I generally tend not to speculate on a Duggar pregnancy. Mainly, because I don't care. But my wonderful fellow FJers do, and we are perfectly within our rights to do so. As are my fellow wonderful FJers who tell others to knock it off.

And I have to say that this is one of the things I personally love about FJ - we get to talk and discuss issues!

(Please note that I am saying this as a purely private person! This is NOT a mod post! It's just me personally loving on FJ's discussion culture. :)

Oh I how I care ! I swear I care more than whether my cat has flees 

and I don't have a cat.

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There's one aspect of Jessa pregnancy speculation that I think is fairly interesting, that hasn't really been discussed much recently, and that I'm somewhat curious about. If she's not pregnant, could they actually be trying to adopt?

I think it’s certainly possible. I don’t know whether they’d do anything to purposely prevent a pregnancy - the lack of an announcement could just be because they’ve been too tired from handling the two rambunctious kids they already have. Now that Henry is a year old though I could certainly see them taking advantage of the gap and pursuing an adoption if they were truly being honest about wanting to adopt a child and not just trying to score Jesus Points or something.

23 minutes ago, nst said:

Oh I how I care ! I swear I care more than whether my cat has flees 

and I don't have a cat.

Fleas! :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I will admit that I dislike spelling mistakes, but none of us are perfect. Even with spell-check at the ready. And this is just in good fun. The meaning matters more than the correct spelling, in my opinion. And if the meaning isn't clear, we can always ask.

I enjoy to speculating based on things like @Carm_88 said because it's fun/funny.  I don't really like to speculate on pregnancy based on looks because I feel like that would make the person feel terrible if they're not actually pregnant. At the same time, I don't think anything badly of people who do. I mean after all, being pregnant is exactly what the Duggars are famous for, and it's kinda like you reap what you sow.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think it’s certainly possible. I don’t know whether they’d do anything to purposely prevent a pregnancy - the lack of an announcement could just be because they’ve been too tired from handling the two rambunctious kids they already have. Now that Henry is a year old though I could certainly see them taking advantage of the gap and pursuing an adoption if they were truly being honest about wanting to adopt a child and not just trying to score Jesus Points or something.

If they did adopt I'm pretty sure that they would have to have a new house I highly doubt anyadoption agency would allow three kids in a two bedroom house.  there was that one episode where Jessa and Jill went to look at that creepy house and Jessa was talking about them moving but I think it was all for show they don't really seem motivated to move/JIm Bob probably won't let them. 

They could probably adopt an older child, but newborns tend to go to couples who can't have biological children.

Well, Gideon is born, Siah is engaged and the show has been back on for a few weeks. If Jessa is as pregnant as the Reddit poster stated, she will announce in the next few weeks. 

I doubt it, though. Her dress post pretty much shut down the rumors for me. As much as this family pimps their ride - so to speak, I can not see Jessa going out Kardashian style and taunting fans all the while hiding a pregnancy. I could be wrong, but I just don't see her being pregnant right now.

However, I hope she overcomes her body issues and uses that as some sort of ministry or testimony. How great would it be for her to reach out to others, especially mothers raising young ones about managing weight and self-esteem issues surrounding it.

It would be so nice to see one of the adult kids branch off into some sort of messages other than "babying and marrying for the Lord". I know Jinjer tries in their own way, but it is still under the umbrella of evangelizing and proselytizing one religious belief or another which in my mind, pans out to the same kind of stuff.

It would be so great to have some general inspiration coming from this camp since they continue to be such a media force. They can keep it Christian but have a overall self help type of message. It seems like Jessa has that kind of heart.

One could only wish...

I am hesitant to participate in the speculation to some extent, but for Jessa, it seems she's been playing peekaboo with us... "She's hiding herself. Is she pregnant" then she shows herself. BUT "she's wearing a loose-fitting outfit. is she pregnant?"  and do on, and so forth.

So with Jessa, it's a "where's waldo I mean the fetus" situation.

TLC posted a clip of Spurg's first hair cut and it was sweet I think  Jessa seemed so normal in that clip. I can say a lot about Jess but she really does seem to love those boys. 

I see nothing wrong with speculation about anything  in good fun... the only time I take up issue is when it gets out of hand and hateful/ ill willed (such as wishing something as painful as infertility on anyone). My very fertile, Irish heritage family (I have 37 first cousins) is always gossiping about who may or may not get pregnant next. We even have a pool sometimes where we actually bet money lol it's all in good fun and when one of my cousins said she doesn't want to be apart of that we all respected that. (For anyone interested im seeded to be the 2nd next one "knocked up") so to go full circle I think my official stance is that speculation is fine as long as it's not intentionally hurtful. 

In that ice cream pic, there's a left hand with no wedding ring!! Now there's something to speculate about LOL!

(We need a sarcasm font)

7 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

In that ice cream pic, there's a left hand with no wedding ring!! Now there's something to speculate about LOL!

(We need a sarcasm font)

Pfft, clearly it’s because pregnancy has made her fingers swell so her rings are unwearable. 

11 hours ago, nst said:

Jessa me speculate till the cows come home...she is on a tv show because of herself getting pregnant.

Well, technically Jessa got on a reality show because her mother spent most of her fertile years in various stages of pregnancy.  We have yet to see if Jessa will continue this legacy (looks like she is).

I'd hope that this reality show would follow Duggarlings who opt not to get pregnant and are vocal about it. It would make things far more interesting.

If Jessa continues to get pregnant every year, she could definitely go for 20 children if she stops at 43 (like Michelle before miscarriage)

So I don’t mind if she doesn’t get/is pregnant directly after Henry...

I’ve done a spreadsheet (I’m sure I’m not the first one to do this) but theoretically, JB could have his 200 grandchildren in 2033, if Jana and John get married this year or early 2019.

It won’t change much if two of them don’t marry at all so I included them...

I also considered that Anna “waited” 2 years, so does Jinger (because I don’t think she is having them back to back) and Jana, because I don’t want her to hit the double digits (this one might not be realistic but I hope it is!)

It really freaks me out that there will be so many Duggars...

16 minutes ago, Oudler said:

If Jessa continues to get pregnant every year, she could definitely go for 20 children if she stops at 43 (like Michelle before miscarriage)

So I don’t mind if she doesn’t get/is pregnant directly after Henry...

I’ve done a spreadsheet (I’m sure I’m not the first one to do this) but theoretically, JB could have his 200 grandchildren in 2033, if Jana and John get married this year or early 2019.

It won’t change much if two of them don’t marry at all so I included them...

I also considered that Anna “waited” 2 years, so does Jinger (because I don’t think she is having them back to back) and Jana, because I don’t want her to hit the double digits (this one might not be realistic but I hope it is!)

It really freaks me out that there will be so many Duggars...

Jana is almost 30 and isn't even courting, I doubt veryyyyy much she'll hit the double digits, if she gets married I can see her maybe having 5 kids.

after watching yesterday's episode part of me wonders if Jessa is taking some preventive measures so she doesn't have to put up with that food diet again if another baby has the same issues as Henry. also Ben was acting like an ass to her about that diet. always questioning her if this or that was on the diet no thank you. 

I don't think JB will reach 200 grandkids, because the second generation won't necessarily follow in their footsteps. They had it rough growing up, and though they're entrenched in the cult, I can see many of them wanting a different life for their children. I think a lot of the Duggar kids will stop after 3-8 kids.

My evidence is anecdotal. I say this because many of my cousins come from large Catholic families (6-16 kids) and most have had 2-3 themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

I don't think JB will reach 200 grandkids, because the second generation won't necessarily follow in their footsteps. They had it rough growing up, and though they're entrenched in the cult, I can see many of them wanting a different life for their children. I think a lot of the Duggar kids will stop after 3-8 kids.

My evidence is anecdotal. I say this because many of my cousins come from large Catholic families (6-16 kids) and most have had 2-3 themselves. 

plus if Joy did have a c-section (we don't know yet) that would mean that so far Jessa has been the only Duggar daughter that was able to have a vaginal birth. I honestly don't see them being able to have a bunch of kids if it's just one c-section after another.  Anna seems to be about every two years right now so I think I did the math once and figured if she continued she'd get to about 14/15. lets hope not poor little M's  now of course they are marrying younger and younger kendra is 19 and having her first before her 20th birthday. but her mom only had 7 kids so lets hope Kendra has her mother's fertility and doesn't get to the double digits. Now Lauren's only 18 and her mom is rumored to have just birthed number 9 so she may have a big family. yikes.   

16 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

after watching yesterday's episode part of me wonders if Jessa is taking some preventive measures so she doesn't have to put up with that food diet again if another baby has the same issues as Henry. also Ben was acting like an ass to her about that diet. always questioning her if this or that was on the diet no thank you. 

If she isn’t pregnant, I will join you on the speculation bus that she is using preventative measures. The extra long gap after Henry seems deliberate since she has made remarks to the effect that having two kids is a lot of work, and that she was married with two kids within two years. Not that I felt that she was complaining, not at all, but merely alluding to the fact that one doesn’t need nineteen kids to be really busy, because two is still enough to keep a person busy. 

Jessa, if you can hear me... we know. We all get it. Two is a lot of work. Nobody needs 19 to prove their maternal worth. 

Of all the Duggar girls so far, she did seem to be the most promising one to hit 19. She is fertile enough with vaginal deliveries, but I don’t think she will do it. I think “God will lay it on her heart” to space her children and call it quits between 4-7, maybe 8 on the outside. 

I think our Duggars having repeat c-sections will also decide God has other plans for them and have fewer children. 

19 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

If she isn’t pregnant, I will join you on the speculation bus that she is using preventative measures. The extra long gap after Henry seems deliberate since she has made remarks to the effect that having two kids is a lot of work, and that she was married with two kids within two years. Not that I felt that she was complaining, not at all, but merely alluding to the fact that one doesn’t need nineteen kids to be really busy, because two is still enough to keep a person busy. 

Jessa, if you can hear me... we know. We all get it. Two is a lot of work. Nobody needs 19 to prove their maternal worth. 

Of all the Duggar girls so far, she did seem to be the most promising one to hit 19. She is fertile enough with vaginal deliveries, but I don’t think she will do it. I think “God will lay it on her heart” to space her children and call it quits between 4-7, maybe 8 on the outside. 

I think our Duggars having repeat c-sections will also decide God has other plans for them and have fewer children. 

speaking of 19 kids i was watching one of the earlier special's last night I think it was 16 kids and moving in and Jim Bob said he left the number of children up to Michelle and my eyes about popped out of my head none of this up to god or anything nope he said up to Michelle. I found that really interesting. 

Extra long gap?  I don't think we can call it that yet.  Especially with only 1 gap to compare to.  

I hope she is taking some control, but I don't know how long a gap will need to be for me to believe it, but way longer than it currently is.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived