IGNORED

Seewalds 31: Jessa’s Maybe-Baby

Jellybean

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Yeah, check them out online. When I bought my new coat, I ordered one regular size S and one tall size S. The tall size fits perfectly, whereas the sleeves on the regular one were too short. I've had to go up a size just because of sleeve length SO often before (especially on 'stiff' items like coats and blazers). OldNavy tall size is a real Rufus-send!

My rufus-send is Levi's short length jeans. I've always had the problem that if a pair a pants fits over my hips, it's way to loose at the waist and waaaaay too long.  Levi's is one of the few places that seems to get that short women can have wide hips.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Blu'sClues said:

Sour Grapes.

Do you even know what "sour grapes" means? lmao

I'm cracking up at the image of Henry dunking his hands in mud outside or something, then Jessa just letting him poke her legs with his muddy hands for a while, and then deciding to take a selfie in her new dress. 

(If anyone's serious, yeah, if you look closely you can see the fingerprints continuing on the mirror beyond her legs. Mirrors at baby height = fingerprints. But I guess Jessa is a nasty woman. :pb_lol:)

30 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Do you even know what "sour grapes" means? lmao

Urban dictionary says:

"Sour Grapes

In an old fable by Aesop, a hungry fox noticed a bunch of juicy grapes hanging from a vine. After several failed attempts to reach the grapes, the fox gave up and insisted that he didn't want them anyway because they were probably sour. 

Nowadays when somebody expresses sour grapes, it means that they put down something simply because they can't have it. 

The phrase is often used incorrectly as another way to express bitterness or resentment."

I didn't know that! @SapphireSlytherin you can have a messy house and dirty legs too! It's not out of your reach! no need for sour grapes!

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

@SapphireSlytherin you can have a messy house and dirty legs too! It's not out of your reach!

Woohoo! I'll get right on that! 

I often achieve both without even trying!

(well, the legs stay pretty clean in the winter but can become dirty in the summer when bare and when I'm working 12 hours a day the whole situation can become quite nasty indeed!)

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I often achieve both without even trying!

(well, the legs stay pretty clean in the winter but can become dirty in the summer when bare and when I'm working 12 hours a day the whole situation can become quite nasty indeed!)

Well, if you wore a denim frumper down to your flip flops like Our Lord and Saviour Rufus intended, you would have that problem would you?

i still think she is pregnant. i have one of those swing dresses and they are very forgiving. anything below the bust is loose and not skintight. she could easily have a bump under there. plus the straight on angle she took makes it hard to see. Look at Chrissy Teigan at the grammys from the front and side. She barely looks pregnant front on.

Chrissy-Teigen-In-Yanina-Couture-2018-Gr

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah considering she pointed it out as baby artwork, I'm pretty sure it's Henry smudging the mirror with dirty fingers. 

Baby/toddler artwork gets everywhere. I remember my nephew making 'artwork' on one of my favorite sweatshirts...with purple lipstick. Anyways it made a memory :my_smile:

You know, we can't see her face in that picture. Maybe it's not even her! :jawdrop:

On 3/1/2018 at 10:23 AM, ThunderRolls said:

... Like Oreos and cheese. 

Oh, you mean breakfast of champions?

On 2/27/2018 at 10:56 PM, Fascinated said:

I don’t know whether Jessa is pregnant or not. I can commiserate if she is carrying any extra baby weight (I don’t think she is).  I am currently carrying some unwanted pregnancy weight myself. I’ve lost all of my pregnancy weight, and then some, a few times already. Many times, really. But, oddly, every time I get lax and give in to my penchant for potatoes, be they mashed, baked, roasted or French fried, dammit, that pregnancy weight comes back!  I don’t understand it at all. My baby is only 31 though, so I shall give it a few more days. 

May I just say....I LOVE you!!!! Between your love of potatoes and your awesome sense of humor....we could be good friends!!! 

Aw, thank you @mollysmom!  What a nice thing to say. I think we are friends already!

As home They liked Little House, Andy and probably  the other wholesome golden age of TV fare. I guess Lucy is as racy as they get  :)  

I always preferred Green acres and Petticoat Junction and Beverly Hillbillies for the classics Or the Waltons. Those must have passed muster in Duggar land right?  

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I always preferred Green acres and Petticoat Junction and Beverly Hillbillies for the classics Or the Waltons. Those must have passed muster in Duggar land right?  

I loved Green Acres and the Beverly Hillbillies. They're hilarious. :) 

Lucy wasn't a very submissive helpmeet. She always undermined her headship. Plus, Desi is a foreigner. I am surprised its fundie approved.

Jessa sitting around watching tv is weird. We know they do it. Her advertising it seems like another one of those "look how normal we are" type maneuvers.

The Duggars have always watched  some approved  TV shows and Christian Movies . The Older girls were into Little House for Awhile and The TV was kept in M&JB’s room IIRC

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

The Duggars have always watched  some approved  TV shows and Christian Movies . The Older girls were into Little House for Awhile and The TV was kept in M&JB’s room IIRC

Yes, Michelle said it wasn't an everyday thing but they did get to watch Christian and suitable things. The married Duggar's have started to loosen their grip Jill and Jessa have mentioned netflix and Amazon and Josh had cable before the scandals broke and let the kids watch cartoons. My parents refused to get cable till I was almost 18 and I now understand why they did it, bbc and itv only showed two hours of kids shows after school and weekend morning shows after that we went out and played. I don't intend on being Michelle and Jim Bob strict when it comes to TV or screen time but I will limit how long they spend on it.

I can't edit my post anymore so let me clarify the "weird" part of my comment. They don't generally make a point to highlight secular behavior. Her mere acknowledgement of '"classic" American tv is interesting because it indicates awareness of something outside the bubble.

3 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

, bbc and itv only showed two hours of kids shows after school and weekend morning shows after that we went out and played.

I'm not sure how old you are but I certainly remember Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, TIWAS and the like being far more than two hours on a Saturday morning.

Sunday mornings for me was the OU.

6 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I'm not sure how old you are but I certainly remember Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, TIWAS and the like being far more than two hours on a Saturday morning.

Sunday mornings for me was the OU.

I think what @Glasgowghirl meant was shows were on for 2 hours after school each weekday. Then shows were on again on weekend mornings, not saying they were on for two hours on weekends too

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived