IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I don't know what is worse. His shirt or eyebrows.

All of it including Lawson in the background. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forget, do we have a guestimate on when the CarVan courtship officially started?

Also, idk if anyone else's already done this, but I was looking into electrician certifications in the TN area (#procrastinationnation lmao) and according to one site I found the Knoxville area (near the Bates) has 4 levels of electrician certification - appliance dealer (2y experience required), maintenance certification (4y required, can only perform maint on own properties), residential contractor (4y), and commercial contractor (5y). Nashville area only offers a "master electrician" license, which requires 3y apprentice experience + 3y as a hired electrician. It's possible that Evan is doing some sort of trade school/vocational college program, or going Jill-Dillard style via some apprenticeship of unknown-hours-requirements. 

a quick search for trade schools in TN brings up Tennessee College of Applied Technology, a big umbrella with lots of campuses including one in Nashville (doesn't appear to offer electrician-type program other than HVAC/appliance technology....) and Knoxville. Knoxville campus has an "Industrial Electricity" program that is a 12-month diploma with 1200+ clock hours required. it sounds like after this type of vocational college program, a (¿paid?) apprenticeship of a few years still follows before an official license can be acquired.

ihaveanexamintwodays has too much (not enough...) time on her hands :my_angel:

2 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I forget, do we have a guestimate on when the CarVan courtship officially started?

Also, idk if anyone else's already done this, but I was looking into electrician certifications in the TN area (#procrastinationnation lmao) and according to one site I found the Knoxville area (near the Bates) has 4 levels of electrician certification - appliance dealer (2y experience required), maintenance certification (4y required, can only perform maint on own properties), residential contractor (4y), and commercial contractor (5y). Nashville area only offers a "master electrician" license, which requires 3y apprentice experience + 3y as a hired electrician. It's possible that Evan is doing some sort of trade school/vocational college program, or going Jill-Dillard style via some apprenticeship of unknown-hours-requirements. 

a quick search for trade schools in TN brings up Tennessee College of Applied Technology, a big umbrella with lots of campuses including one in Nashville (doesn't appear to offer electrician-type program other than HVAC/appliance technology....) and Knoxville. Knoxville campus has an "Industrial Electricity" program that is a 12-month diploma with 1200+ clock hours required. it sounds like after this type of vocational college program, a (¿paid?) apprenticeship of a few years still follows before an official license can be acquired.

^ anyways, to follow-up on that post, I wouldn't be surprised if that statement from the Bates FB live saying "Evan's going to school to be an electrician" actually means some one-year trade-school type thing, after which he could do a paid internship before officially holding gainful employment as a proper electrician. Hypothetically if he started schooling last year, he could be finished by this summer-ish and have some sort of income established soon after, *so* a summer wedding could still be in the works....

but of course, we all hope not. I think it'd be nice if they got married next spring. Carlin's in, what, about to finish her 2nd year of college? we'll see on whether she finishes school...

4 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I think they officially started to court sometime in July or August it was in the same episode as Josie's birthday which is August 4th.

I don't have photographic proof, but I find it hilarious that Evan went and deleted a ton of comments criticizing them for visiting SeaWorld and telling Evan to go watch Blackfish. When I first saw the photos, there were TONS of critical comments. I refreshed the page, and suddenly.............................far less comments, and all from leghumpers. :pb_lol: Not very subtle, Evan!

I think that was the eleventh commandment, actually. "Thou shalt delete thou haterz' venomous tongues whence they defend Thy tormented sea critters."

Do people really expect the Bates to care about tortured animals? 

You'd think fundies would be for animals rights since they're all God's creatures...oh who am I kidding?

Blackfish is an excellent documentary it's too bad they'd never think critically enough to watch it.

17 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think they officially started to court sometime in July or August it was in the same episode as Josie's birthday which is August 4th.

It was the day after Josie’s bday. So I guess August 5th. They’ve been courting for eight months.

John and Alyssa’s prom pose from that pic above is killing me. I hope it was ironic.

On 07/04/2018 at 5:34 PM, Oh_Dear! said:

So crazy how out of the 365 days of the year, there are so many duplicates in this group of 40 people. I didn’t meet anyone who shared my birthday until I was 25. 

Actually, if you're interested in the maths behind this, take a look at "The Birthday Problem". 

Essentially, it states that in a group of just 23 (random) people there is a greater than 50% chance that two people will share a birthday. If you go up to 75 people, that probability increases to 99.9%. So it's not mathematically surprising that these huge families will end up sharing birthdays. 

I wouldn't imagine that the SOTDRT would cover probability lessons such as this, though it would be a very relevant topic for their families!

I am so glad the Bateseseseses got a little mini vacay at Sea World. Its been sooooooooo long since they've gotten to go on vacation.:pb_rollseyes:

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am so glad the Bateseseseses got a little mini vacay at Sea World. Its been sooooooooo long since they've gotten to go on vacation.:pb_rollseyes:

Do any of them really work anymore? Gil and Kelly especially seem to be on a never ending vacation. 

35 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Do any of them really work anymore? Gil and Kelly especially seem to be on a never ending vacation. 

Josie, Chad, Zach. maybe Whitney (Who really knows how much she does with the real estate.) Lawson does travel alot for his music so i"ll add him to the list. maybe Bobby if he's still working at the junk yard. 

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Josie, Chad, Zach. maybe Whitney (Who really knows how much she does with the real estate.) Lawson does travel alot for his music so i"ll add him to the list. maybe Bobby if he's still working at the junk yard. 

Bobby took a full time ministry position (I think near Nashville) they said they were moving for his new job on a fb live at one point.

Just now, Seculardaisy said:

Bobby took a full time ministry position (I think near Nashville) they said they were moving for his new job on a fb live at one point.

right he is but not until May after  Tori graduates. 

she used the hashtag wack on her story she said she realized she was wearing Mini (Her spelling) ears and had never even seen the cartoon. 

I actually found it really sad that Carlin said she'd never seen Mickey/Minnie Mouse, and IMHO, it seemed like she was proud of that. But, any excuse for a new location for Evan to do a photo shoot and give Blue Steel looks.

They couldn't find Evan a shirt that fit?

I wish Carlin would do a Katniss type braid with her hair. I'd kill for her hair.

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

she used the hashtag wack on her story she said she realized she was wearing Mini (Her spelling) ears and had never even seen the cartoon. 

To me it seemed like she didn’t even have an understanding of who//what Minnie Mouse actually is ((or Mickey/Goofy/Daisy/Donald for that matter)) Keeping the staple Disney characters from your kids just isn’t normal and it’s sad she doesn’t realize that. I’m not saying everyone has to have watched those characters on screen, but most Americans at least have seen them in *something*. 

I half think her hair is "white girl on her first cruise", but I also half love it. Carlin is hair goals. Also, watch some Disney, girl.

We were at Disney in December, and having seen the variety of shirts being worn, I’m amazed that they’re not wearing “I’m his Minnie” and “I’m her Mickey” shirts.

By the way, Crown College's spring break was back in March.  

I don't have proof, but I won't be surprised that Carlin has dropped out of Crown.

Its just too much to juggle, y'all-- half-assed bible college classes; buying cute dresses; practicing V for Victory signs in selfies; posing with your boo...exhausting

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived